Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,716 members, 7,882,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:30 AM

Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? (20127 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2008
All Real Men will go straight for. . . .

OPTION: D!!!

If you choose otherwise lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by StephenP(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2008
tope2000:

hehehehe
give her chance na, maybe the next time she will stab instead of a slap tongue

I know right! That's why I'll give her back to her father and ask for a refund of the kegs of palm wine I gave to him LOL

onyinye2:

Most of these guys will either:
A. Walk Away
B. [/b]Retaliate
[b]C.
Throw her out the house
D. Figure out why she hit him in the first place.

Oka fellas, state what letter you would abide by. . . . . grin

Definitely C. Let her think about what she just did before she's sets a bad example for the kids.

onyinye2:

Forget that crap about all real men. All real women don't hit men in the first place, but you don't see me complaining.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

Keep deceiving yourself!!!
Option D of all options. . . . . .
Hit her first, ask questions later.
She slapped me instinctively and i retaliated on IMPULSE.
Fair exchange, innit?? tongue
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by sistawoman: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hannibal:

And if you know this the type of man you married then you know not to pull this crap with him. With every man there are things that a few bats of eye ,and carefully place hand or a little wine in the voice will get us over and then there are just clear cut things that we can not/will not do.

Knowing the man you marry is key.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Cristalz(f): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
My opinion.  .  .

A. Walk away and still come back to meet an unrepentant wife,zero lessons learned.

B. Retaliate.  .  .put her in her place(i love you but you can't go around slapping your hubby. . .wherez my respect?)

C.Throw her out of the house.  .  .lose your wife, maybe lose your kids, face in-law wahala, outsiders' questions,bla bla.  .  .too much headache

D.Figure out why she hit you.  .  .what da heck's there to figure out?? Why the five-finger mark on your face is swelling up? grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

Definitely C. Let her think about what she just did before she's sets a bad example for the kids.
Forget that crap about all real men. All real women don't hit men in the first place, but you don't see me complaining.

If you think throwing your WIFE out of the house is not complaining then, i must rephrase my definition.
If you really cared about her, you would figure out why she was provoked to hit you in the first place.

Hannibal:

Mufasa *shakes head*
Seriously. . . . . why you gonna hit your wife? Unless you are prepared to hear her reference what you did in every argument. And she is going to ride that Guilt Train for. . . . LIFE.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2008
Cristalz:

C.Throw her out of the house.  .  .lose your wife, maybe lose your kids, face in-law wahala, outsiders' questions,bla bla.  .  .too much headache
So you support the act of a husband hitting his wife? lipsrsealed
Make I hear word.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by StephenP(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

If you think throwing your WIFE out of the house is not complaining then, i must rephrase my definition.
If you really cared about her, you would figure out why she was provoked to hit you in the first place.

Maybe she should have discussed with me first before taking action. How about if I'm not to blame? And even if I was what on God's green earth gave her idea that she could hit me and go scot free.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Cristalz(f): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2008
@onyinye

You and this your guilt train.  .  .don't you know some women do airplanes? There and back in 3 mins, and the little trip's just anutha little part of life. Time to move on. grin

I support it WHEN THE WIFE DESERVES IT.

What kind of a woman hits her husband in the first place? Where is the love,the respect? Its just stupid and very irrational. A woman with temper is bad enough,but one that can't control that temper?? lipsrsealed
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2008
Cristalz:

My opinion.  .  .

A. Walk away and still come back to meet an unrepentant wife,zero lessons learned.

B. Retaliate.  .  .put her in her place(i love you but you can't go around slapping your hubby.  .  .wherez my respect?)

D.Figure out why she hit you.  .  .what da heck's there to figure out?? Why the five-finger mark on your face is swelling up? grin

I am impressed!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, will u MARRY me?? cool

onyinye2:

Seriously. . . . . why you going to hit your wife? Unless you are prepared to hear her reference what you did in every argument. And she is going to ride that Guilt Train for. . . . LIFE.

I hit ma wife because she slapped me FIRST.
If she loves like she claims, she wouldn't be slapping me.
The golden rule is. . . . . . .Give a WOMAN an inch and she would take advantage of the situation.
All those men that become puppies/vegetables started somewhere(ignoring slaps, ignoring knocks on the head, etc).
Today, they are all washing their partner's undies. cheesy grin
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

Maybe she should have discussed with me first before taking action. How about if I'm not to blame? And even if I was what on God's green earth gave her idea that she could hit me and go scot free.
DAMN!!! I can see you fellas don't let nothing mess with ya buddy, EGO. Gotta make sure it is protected at all times. On the real, sometimes you gotta swallow up some of that pride and go on a deeper level. As in, asking why she would hit you in the first place? What was bothering her. It is so much easier than the alternatives. Jeez. . . they way some of yal sound, makes me think yal are her father rather than her husband.

Cristalz:

@onyinye

You and this your guilt train.  .  .don't you know some women do airplanes? There and back in 3 mins, and the little trip's just anutha little part of life. Time to move on. grin
I support it WHEN THE WIFE DESERVES IT.
What kind of a woman hits her husband in the first place? Where is the love,the respect? Its just stupid and very irrational. A woman with temper is bad enough,but one that can't control that temper??  lipsrsealed
I no way support a wife hitting her husband. I mean am I daft. Shoot. . . i love my life, i aint trying to see myself with a headstone that reads:
"Here lies Onyinye. A lesson given is a lesson earned"

But doesn't mean she needs to be disciplined.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Cristalz(f): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hannibal:

I am impressed!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, will u MARRY me?? cool

Aren't you married already?  wink  grin

@onyinye

Lol grin. A woman doesn't need to be disciplined.  .  .but if she goes as far as raising a hand to her husband,the man she promised to love and respect for better or worse and all that sweet stuff,she should be EFFECTIVELY reminded of her promises  grin After that, the couple should kiss,make up and move on. Anutha lesson learned. . .and trust me,it won't be repeating itself.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by PERVERT9: 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2008
i would turn the other cheek and ask for more,dont you know that love no dey vex.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2008
I will gladly take option B
why will she slap me in the first place?,forgive me if am wrong but the female specie should never slap her male counterpart irrespective of the circumstance and for the fact that she is my wifey also makes it imperative that she discusses whatever is bothering her with me. But if she decides to go solo,then i will unleash myself by teaching her to repect the image of a man,because as her hubby i represent her father,brother and companion so slapping me is tantamount to her slapping her father with i am sure if she did she will never have gotten away with it.

Besides,no one will advice a woman to slap her husband thts totally sinister.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2008
Cristalz:

@onyinye

Lol grin. A woman doesn't need to be disciplined.  .  .but if she goes as far as raising a hand to her husband,the man she promised to love and respect for better or worse and all that sweet stuff,she should be EFFECTIVELY reminded of her promises  grin After that, the couple should kiss,make up and move on. Anutha lesson learned. . .and trust me,it won't be repeating itself.
Oka o. I just HOPE and I really HOPE that I never [size=4pt]again[/size] hit a guy cause the way some of yal sound, I might eating blended up food for the rest of my life.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by StephenP(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

DAMN!!! I can see you fellas don't let nothing mess with ya buddy, EGO. Gotta make sure it is protected at all times. On the real, sometimes you gotta swallow up some of that pride and go on a deeper level. As in, asking why she would hit you in the first place? What was bothering her. It is so much easier than the alternatives. Jeez. . . they way some of yal sound, makes me think yal are her father rather than her husband.

It has nothing to do with ego, I'm only sending her back to her dad's house so that he can teach her not to hit men except maybe in self-defense.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

It has nothing to do with ego, I'm only sending her back to her dad's house so that he can teach her not to hit men except maybe in self-defense.

Send her back to her dad's house?? Thats over-reaction!!!

Give her 2 hot slaps. . . . . .make up, kiss and live happily ever after.
This incident is too small to accomodate a 3rd party.
The only thing that would make me send her back to her dad is INFIDELITY. tongue
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by rampagain: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

bia stephen,obu gi no na proifi gi?chineke shocked shocked shocked shocked

what are all them single girls waiting for?rush this guy naaaa undecided grin

its moi jenny
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

Oka yeah. . . . im going to take this into consideration. Cause I admit, I'm prone to do some stuff when im upset. So uhmmm. . . . yeah I don't want to be eating blended food for the rest of my life cause some of yal fellas is crucial. Yal aint even going to hear sistah out before you WHAM! her across the face and/or throw your things out the house.

Hannibal:

The only thing that would make me send her back to her dad is INFIDELITY. tongue
Yal fellas is a trip. Getting all worked up for a slap? I mean do you not know the difference between her slap with her delicate hands, than yours with your ginormous gorilla hands?
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by geolabious(m): 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

Thats just d koko
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

Yal fellas is a trip. Getting all worked up for a slap? I mean do you not know the difference between her slap with her delicate hands, than yours with your ginormous gorilla hands?

Are u considering the impact of the slap on ma face or the ACTION??
I am really bovvered about the INTENT not if i would get hurt or not.

Someone tries to shoot u and he missed. . .
Does that make him innocent?? tongue
What about the INTENT to murder? angry angry angry
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2008
@Hannibal
I greatly agree with everything you have written so far, and you are the bomb,all men should just be like you!

And dayokamu as started again o,should i just ignore him or blow him off?
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by k1banty(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2008
If my wife slaps me for the first time (God forbid bad time)

Option A: Walk away
Option D: Figure out why she hit me.

If it happens another time

Option C.Throw her out of the house

Option B is out of it so i'd rather kick her out of the house than to retaliate.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by StephenP(m): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

Onyinye, you still classify your hands as delicate after all your weightlifting classes? Hmm . . . .

rampagain:

bia stephen,obu gi no na proifi gi?chineke shocked shocked shocked shocked

what are all them single girls waiting for?rush this guy naaaa undecided grin

its moi jenny

LOL the moment you spoke in Igbo, m si na onye a bu Jenny. Kedu?

Hannibal:

I'll rather let her dad do the "honors".
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2008
darefestus:

@Hannibal
I greatly agree with everything you have written so far, and you are the bomb,all men should just be like you!
Imecha onu angry

Hannibal:

Are u considering the impact of the slap on ma face or the ACTION??
I am really bovvered about the INTENT not if i would get hurt or not.

Someone tries to shoot u and he missed. . .
Does that make him innocent?? tongue
What about the INTENT to murder? angry angry angry
Oka whatever. If you were slapped by a woman, the so called "pain" will last 30secs to 1minute. But vice versa, the pain gonna last MUCH more than that.
k1banty:

If my wife slaps me for the first time (God forbid bad time)

Option A: Walk away
Option D: Figure out why she hit me.

If it happens another time

Option C.Throw her out of the house

Option B is out of it so i'D rather kick her out of the house than to retaliate.

Awww. . . . to bad you are married. We need more men like you.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

Onyinye, you still classify your hands as delicate after all your weightlifting classes? Hmm . . . .
Hey I might have some muscles on me, but don't me NOTHING compared to those of the male species.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by StephenP(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

Hey I might have some muscles on me, but don't me NOTHING compared to those of the male species.

Knowing that, why would you then attempt to provoke him by hitting him?
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

As I said before. . . . sometimes a woman can be going through some things you know. Has been having a really bad week, aint nothing going right, folk pulling her in every which way. And if she got kids, has to put everything aside and care for them. Not to mention have to make sure everybody is content and happy. Then her husband comes in, ranting and raging about this and that.

Not taking into consideration that his wife aint really in the mood to hear all that. And maybe just fell into the influence of emotions and took it out on you. Which will happen from time to time, just not phyiscally. As her LOVING husband, instead jumping on the gun and hitting her back, try to understand why she was provoked to hit you in the first place.

I'm not saying women are emotionally unstable creatures but sometimes you might lose sight of things. I for one, understand. Sometimes your emotions get the best of you.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by Hannibal: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

Good question!!!
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by StephenP(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

As I said before. . . . sometimes a woman can be going through some things you know. Has been having a really bad week, aint nothing going right, folk pulling her in every which way. And if she got kids, has to put everything aside and care for them. Not to mention have to make sure everybody is content and happy. Then her husband comes in, ranting and raging about this and that.

Not taking into consideration that his wife aint really in the mood to hear all that. And maybe just fell into the influence of emotions and took it out on you. Which will happen from time to time, just not phyiscally. As her LOVING husband, instead jumping on the gun and hitting her back, try to understand why she was provoked to hit you in the first place.

I'm not saying women are emotionally unstable creatures but sometimes you might lose sight of things. I for one, understand. Sometimes your emotions get the best of you.

So she is justified for hitting him? Why can't she let her rage and frustrations out like her husband? A real woman know to use all that negative energy and turn it into something positive.

PS Don't mask it, it's a known fact that many women are emotionally unstable and there's nothing wrong with it.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by sistawoman: 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

So she is justified for hitting him? Why can't she let her rage and frustrations out like her husband? A real woman know to use all that negative energy and turn it into something positive.

PS Don't mask it, it's a known fact that many women are emotionally unstable and there's nothing wrong with it.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: Men: If Your Wife Slaps You What Will You Do? by onyinye2(f): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
StephenP:

For your future reference: Most women are not emotional unstable. Majority got it together. But doesn't mean we don't have our days of emotional let goes.

Anyways. . . . I'm not saying she is justified for hitting him, because she aint. And neither is he for hitting her back. Also, sometimes it aint easy to just let your frustrations out. Most of the time, women tend to bottle it all up and then wait for a big, KABOOM! to release it all.

On the serious note, it truly does depend on the lady. Some women are masters in hiding it all and never letting anybody that side of them. While others i. e. myself, can keep it in for a long time. And eventually let out that rage. How it comes, depends. You might get lucky with a woman who can turn into something positive like running, jogging, writing, painting. Or you might unfortunately get a women who might scream, gripe, yell, argue, and possibly get physical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Undeniable Facts About Marriage / What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? / Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Twins After 7 Years [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.