Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,374 members, 7,923,494 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 08:09 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (512681 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 4:07pm On May 07, 2008
I jus hope for all ya sakes, you lot beat Wigan.

United Fans sound like they are Shook to be honest. All these stats. to reassure themselves.

Chelsea are not under any pressure. They were meant to come third after all behind the Arses and Scummies.

So, winning the title will be, frankly, a bonus.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 4:33pm On May 07, 2008
@ Doyin13,

Where have u been?
I thunk u violated the condiitions of your TAG and u were sent back to Prison. grin grin grin
How's the grind?

United fans are shook? Yea right!!!!
U sound like it's the United fans that will be playing on JJB stadium, innit?
The pressure is on Chelsea. . . . The disappointment of losing the PREM TITLE can be carried over into the Champions League final in Moscow.
They are finishing strongly and one bit of disappointment might DERAIL em in the final.

However, for Man Utd. . . . .nuthing has changed.
Ferguson knows the margin for error is now ZERO. . . . .He must beat Wigan!!!!!
Even if Chelsea had dropped 2 points against the BARCODES, United would still need 3 points to be absolutely sure.
Keep dreaming. . . . .Sunday's match will be over in 40 mins after 4 great goals.

P.S. Do u still think APACHE is over-rated?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:35pm On May 07, 2008
@Doyin13
Are u sure the Chavs aren't under Pressure?
When they know what is at stake?
I doubt, U should have seem them when they drew against Wigan
Lets hope for the Best on Sunday though.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 4:53pm On May 07, 2008
Avram Grant is under a lot of pressure. . .
He lost the Carling Cup final to Tottenham. . .
Needs a win and a United loss to get the EPL
and needs to beat United to win the UCL, .

The worst thing would be to be second best in all competitions. . .
2nd in the Carling Cup
2nd in the EPL
2nd in the UCL. . . .

Now that would be smthing. . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 5:00pm On May 07, 2008
justkunmi:

The worst thing would be to be second best in all competitions. . .
2nd in the Carling Cup
2nd in the EPL
2nd in the UCL. . . .

He is still better than JM grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2008
Better than JM??
Even Shuaibu Amodu is better than AG. . .
Does he have a license?. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2008
2nd in all isn't bad for a first timer grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dangermous: 8:36pm On May 07, 2008
@Doyin13

Yes oh. After Jose left, I wrote the season off with our Baron Greenback of a manager.
To be competing on two fronts with only one match reamaining is a big bonus
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 11:44pm On May 07, 2008
justkunmi:

Jackal
No havent seen the list. . .but I bet Tevez, Ando and Nani would top the list. . .and o'course Torres. . . .

Patiently waiting for Sunday. . .
Wigan is toast!!!. . . grin

THIS IS THE LIST. . . . . . . http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1115108.ece

No10: Martin Skrtel

The Liverpool defender did not enjoy the best of beginnings after earning his first start in the shaky FA Cup win over non-league minnows Havant & Waterlooville. But Skrtel, who arrived from Zenit St Petersburg for £7million in January, has since impressed in Daniel Agger’s absence.

No9: Wilson Palacios

When Steve Bruce made his surprise exit from Birmingham, he brought Palacios with him to Wigan. The £1m Honduras midfielder has been a revelation at the JJB Stadium despite rarely featuring during his loan spell at St Andrews. Manchester United could now make a summer raid after he helped drag the Latics to safety.

No8: Martin Petrov

The £4.7m Bulgarian winger was one of Sven Goran Eriksson’s less high-profile arrivals during his pick of eclectic buys. But the former Atletico Madrid star proved an instant hit with his mesmerising runs and killer deliveries from the left. Petrov has also chipped in with five goals.

No7: Sulley Muntari

Harry Redknapp is enjoying spending big at Portsmouth but even at £7m, Muntari has proved to be a bargain. The Ghana powerhouse has eased into life in the Premier League with a series of eye-catching displays, including a number of superb strikes. But Redknapp could struggle to keep him at Fratton Park with Liverpool and Arsenal interested.

No6: Jermain Defoe

Tottenham fans shook their heads in disbelief when hitman Defoe was flogged for £7.5m, while £17m signing Darren Bent was misfiring. Defoe has already shown what they are missing by rattling in eight goals in his first 10 Pompey matches. One of the big four clubs will come sniffing if his form continues.

No5: Carlos Tevez

Although Cristiano Ronaldo has been the star of Manchester United’s season, Carlos Tevez has made a bright start to life at Old Trafford. The Argentina striker has grabbed 19 goals so far and has formed a devastating partnership with Wayne Rooney. And this is a player who struggled to get a game at West Ham just over a year ago.

No4: Yakubu

Eyebrows were raised when Everton paid a club-record £11.25m for Yakubu. The Nigerian hitman earned a reputation for blowing hot and cold at Middlesbrough but he has crashed home 19 goals since his switch to Goodison Park. The powerful forward possesses the quality needed to propel the Toffees to the next level.

No3: Anderson

When Manchester United paid over £30m for Anderson and Nani, the greater excitement was over the latter. But it has been Anderson who has excelled in his debut season, while Nani spent much of the season looking and learning. It seems Alex Ferguson has found his long-term replacement for Paul Scholes.

No2: Roque Santa Cruz

The Blackburn striker is certainly the bargain of the season, if not the top signing. At just £3.5m — a snip in today’s market — the Paraguay ace has produced 23 goals for Rovers. Mark Hughes pulled off a coup when he tempted the striker from Bayern Munich but will have to battle to hold on to him.

No1: Fernando Torres

You have to be top notch to prove value for money at £26m but Torres is just that. Doubts were raised when the hitman arrived from Atletico Madrid but the Spaniard has blown them apart with 32 goals in his debut season. Liverpool may have under-achieved again but there is hope for the future with Torres.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 12:38am On May 08, 2008
A list not containing Sagna but contains Skrtel? On what basis pray tell, does a PFA team of the season player not get included but Palacios of all people (with few games) gets a mention?

Only a demented muppet like jackal would pick a list by the SUN of all people as a definitive one. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dangermous: 1:02am On May 08, 2008
@{Debosky

Same to you too. A PFA team that does not include a Chelsea player. What credence does it have?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 1:44am On May 08, 2008
are you Jackals new bitch? tongue

Chelsea has no outstanding performers this term - no one, not even Cech has been impressive. Essien would've gotten a place, but he's been moved around too much - RB and CM so he won't get a permanent slot. wink

Anyways, buy of the season? None from Chelsea. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:37am On May 08, 2008
@Dangermous
A Chelsea squad that has been blowing hot and cold
An inconsistent Essien and their whole lot bedeviled by injuries
If anyone is to smell anything at Chelsea it should be Ballack
All in all NO Chelsea players deserves nothing from the PFA
If you think otherwise give me the name and ur reason
Chelsea is just picking form.

@Debosky
I agree with you, Sagna should be on that list in place of say Skrtel or Defoe
But u know the English and their sentiments
But the Sun is 90% correct on this.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 10:41am On May 08, 2008
debosky:

A list not containing Sagna but contains Skrtel? On what basis pray tell, does a PFA team of the season player not get included but Palacios of all people (with few games) gets a mention?

Only a demented muppet like jackal would pick a list by the SUN of all people as a definitive one. tongue

You are such an unrepentant onanist. . . . .

Sagna ahead of Skirtel? Are u out of your fucking mind? The list contains players that are finishing well for their respective clubs not players plagued by injuries. . .If it is, Eduardo should make the list. When was the last time Sagna kicked a ball?
This is not a list of the best players in the league but the top ten buys.
If u don't understand English. . . .why not put a dagger in your own neck and spare us this misery.

To make matters worse, u are condemning SUN newspaper? Only a mongolian pillock like u would say so.
THE SUN, without any doubt is the best SPORTS newspaper in the whole UK. . . .
If u don't have anything meaningful to say, why not put a cock in your gay mouth!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2008
According to jackal sagna isnt among the top 10 signings this season cos he missed about 10% of the season. :-D
That has to b d most ridiculous list i've ever seen(prolly compiled by a retarded man utd fan).
P.S the sun are SHIT(home&abroad).
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 12:59pm On May 08, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

U Gaynners don't get it, do u?
The last 3 months of any season is the business parts of the season.
For instance, If Messi had gone on to beat Man Utd with Barca and win the Champions League. . . He would have been a strong contender for the best player in the world despite missing due to injury for 8 months. . . .

Sagna missed out in the big games so he cannot possibly come close to top signings. . . . .U cannot compare games he played against Slavia Prague to the ones he missed against Liverpool or the OT battle in April. . . . . The players that finished strongly will always be hot favourites for awards than the early bloomers. . . . .Fab4 started well and lost his pace towards the end. . . .If not, he should have been the best player in the league.

Gaynners, please THINK!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Uby40(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2008
Meet the Gorilla of EPL

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 2:26pm On May 08, 2008
I have always said that the SUN is the official manc newspaper grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 6:53pm On May 08, 2008
Jackal
So sagna shouldnt be on the list cos he missed d champions league quaters?(i wonder if palacios,defoe et al played in d cl quaters )
Ur logic becomes even more ridiculous when u cosider d fact dat some of d players on d list only started playing in january and have missed much more of the epl season than sagna.
Stop being such a 'tard and acknowledge d fact dat sagna has definitely been among the 3 best buys this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 6:59pm On May 08, 2008
MY UTD PEOPLE. . . . . . HOW WE DEY

Sorry i missed the victory parties. . . . . but by God did we make it thru, i was scared s**tless of barca, i' all but given up on that UCL final after the niu camp draw but my boys proved me wrong.

WHOA. . . . . FEELS GOOD TO BE A UTD. . . . . . . .

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS @ LONG LAST WE MAKE A FINAL. . . . . BEEN A bleeping LONG TIME COMING. . . . . . YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 7:04pm On May 08, 2008
Sagna on that list. . . . . . . . . we could as well put sidwell in there, oh & alex song too grin angry grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:40pm On May 08, 2008
@ Ruu

I am disappointed. . .it seems jackal's mental vacuousness has affected you too sad

Sagna played over 30 league games, and numerous CL games - he is in the PFA team of the season, in his VERY FIRST SEASON in the premiership - now if that does not qualify him for being on the list of top buys, pray tell - what qualifies Skrtel or Yakubu (who hasn't scored in 2+ months shocked) to be on the list?

I never credited Mans with intelligence anyways, not especially a retarded mutt like Jackal. Palacios deserves to be there over Sagna why? How many goals did he score?

Even in the so called 'business part' of the season - I guess being part of the first English side to beat AC Milan and shut them out twice (something Rio and Vidic marshalled MU defence failed woefully to do last season) is less important than playing in Wigan like Palacios does. shocked shocked grin

Classic cranio-rectal inversion symptoms Jackal - you need help. So because Ryan Babel played in the so called 'big games' he should now be a buy of the season?

Your stupidity knows no bounds, I think you should write a book

'How to be Consistently and Infuriatingly Idiotic'
- A Handbook of Stupidity by Jackal grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinwunmi(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2008
Ass=anal fans should please bow in shame.Toping the table for so long and they can't even maintain it.No be by skills or possesion ooooo,no be by hand of God ooooo. U can imagine there new song NEXT SEASON for how long are you gonna be saying that over 4 seasons they keep singing that song.

Chelski.You guyz are in for it ooooooooooo.Moscow is gonna be too hot for ya'll. Don't think because you beat Liverfool u going to do the same to us oooooooooo. I bet you guyz played Barca dey would have loaded you like Valencia

MANCHESTER UNITED.Rule for life.This club is not for hooligans and riff raff.Its da big boys club cos we stand gidigba

EXTREMELY UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 9:21pm On May 09, 2008
MANCHESTER UNITED SOCCER IN PORTUGAL
http://www.muss.com.pt/
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2008
LIFT IT HIGH (ALL ABOUT BELIEF)
This could be the year to celebrate and cheer
Pitch
Bench and terraces
We're all wanting the same thing

If you believe in us we won't betray that trust
Through the streets of Manchester you're going to hear the people sing

Gonna lift it high
Gonna lift it high
Our only limit is the sky 'cause through the triumph and the grief
It's all about
It's all about
It's all about belief
It's all about belief

This could be the team to achieve the dream
We got nothing to prove but we want it all the same

United we are
Already come so far
We will not rest until the whole world knows our name

Gonna lift it high
Gonna lift it high
It's all about
It's all about
It's all about belief
It's all about belief

Gonna lift it high
Gonna lift it high
It's all about
It's all about
It's all about belief
It's all about belief
It's all about belief
It's all about belief
It's all about belief
It's all about belief
It's all about belief
It's all about belief
It's all about belief

This could be our year
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by niniman(m): 9:51am On May 10, 2008
WE ARE WINNING THE DOUBLE
UP UNITED

She wore, she wore,
She wore a scarlet ribbon,
She wore a scarlet ribbon in the merry month of May

And when, I asked
Oh why she wore that ribbon,
She said it's for United and they're going to Mos-os-cow,

Mos-os-cow, Mos-ss-cow,
We're the famous Man United
And we're going to Moscow

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 12:16am On May 11, 2008
And finally the D-day is here. Were we re winning d league, whether chelski likes it or not. Glory glory united.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 12:36am On May 11, 2008
We all should come out 2day & support our team. Make our voice be heard all around the globe, because whe are d champions of England.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 12:49am On May 11, 2008
Maynne what's with this thread and songs
The title isn't secured yet and you guys have turned this place to azlyrics

@Jackal
Anderson was in the list, where was he in your so called 'crunchtime' of the season?
It's better foryou to just accept it that nothing reasonable can ever come out of The Sun
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 1:18am On May 11, 2008
@eldee
shut up and rejoice with us. Instead of been such a nutty boy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 1:22am On May 11, 2008
I love my united
I love them till d devil repent
I love my united to death
All we need is one love.
ONE LOVE UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2008
Whats going on in here were re all them REDS. Sure we aren't scared. Be here till 6pm celebrating the league title. Popping some wine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.