Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,361 members, 7,907,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 04:52 PM

Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage (45455 Views)

Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men / 7 Signs Your Man Only Wants Sex And Not Love / What Woman Should Know About Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
We hear them all the time. These are things our big sisters, aunts, and mothers drum into our heads while growing up. Now all grown up, spiritual mentors keep warning us about them in our fellowships, church/mosque services, etc. But all my almost 30 years on earth has shown me a lot of realities.

Disclaimer: This article is in no way whatsoever against waiting till marriage for sex. It only separates fantasy from facts. If you want to remain a virgin till marriage please do. If you want to stop having sex till marriage, please do.

1. A Man Will Love You More After Marriage/ A Man Will Marry You Only If He Loves You:

Ha! Mbanu! A man (even women) doesn't love his wife more after marriage. Why? Marriage is an eye opener, it is after marriage that you know EXACTLY who you have married. If it turns out you married the right person for you, then the loves grows, but if it turns out to be one chance, OYO l' wa.
Do not marry a man that doesn't love you. This is because the bitter truth is that Many men do not marry for love. Many marry because they need a helper. Because their parents are on their necks, for traditional titles/more respect in the society, even for business purposes. So don't get all mushy and swept off your feet just yet just because one guy just proposed to you.
Always remember this, getting married is a destination. Keeping your marriage is a whole new never ending journey. Do not confuse the two of them.

2. A Man Will Respect/Love You More When You Make Him Chase You Longer:

This one is a very popular myth my mum was always singing into our ears *rolls eyse*. I have this cousin who had this toaster that was on her case for about five years, we were all "aww", "eh ya this guy really means it" etc. But immediately they had sex, his behavior towards her changed. I have heard of relationships that started with sex on the first date that led to marriage.
See, my sisters, a man that will love you will love you. When a man really enjoys having sex/making out with you, you are already half way there. You just need to work on other areas such as his likes, interests, etc. I'm not saying you should open leg like remote-controlled TV o. Just be yourself and allow your intuition and body chemistry guide and guard you. Don't set any time, let things flow naturally. What will be must be.
Chikena!

3. A Man Will Marry You If You Refuse Sex Till Marriage:

Like seriously! Na only you waka come? Na only you get toto? Puleeeze! A man doesn't marry just because he wants sex! He can get sex anywhere. You hear me so? Anywhere! It doesn't have to be from you! Let's even look at it this way, fine you hold out till marriage, after finally getting it after marriage what next? Is it your toto that will sustain the marriage? You must be a learner! I know some unhappily married women who married as virgins. I know some bad girls who married men most virgins dream of.
Like I said earlier, A man that wants to marry you will marry you.

4. If A Man Loves You He Won't Want To Have Sex Till Marriage:

Ha! You obviously do not know jack about men! See, as a general rule, men love sex. In fact, when a man hits on you, he wants sex as part of whatever package he wants from you. Whether na one night stand, side dish, contract, or marriage. If he doesn't, chances are that something is seriously wrong with him. Babe shine your eyes, if your intending husband has never had an erection while both of you are alone. Ha! lipsrsealed
Even if you do not want to have sex with him until marriage, make sure that chemistry is there. Make sure you see a sign of hot and steamy nights to come after marriage. Thank me later.
Sex is not love, but love has a lot to do with sex. You can have sex with someone without loving that person, but you cannot love someone without wanting to have sex. The difference is that while sex is demanding, love is patient. A man that loves you will wait till the right moment to do it and will still love and respect you afterwards, a man that loves you will make love to you, he will make it as good as possible for you. But a man in lust will want it now...........and he will chase you until he gets it and when he gets it, pele o!

5. Men Only Like Good Girls/Good Girls Get The Best Men/Good Girls Marry First:

This one doesn't need long talk, all my mature single sisters in church can testify to this. See, men like good girls that have fire underneath them. So if you are a good boring girl whose life revolves around church-fellowship-work-home. Ah! My sister, even the brothers-in-the lord these days will call you a total bore!
I'm not saying you should start clubbing o. Mba o! Just saying you should spice up your social life a lil bit more. Go out and meet more people, don't be afraid of looking and feeling sexy. You definitely can be sexy without being trashy.

Like I always keep saying, a man that will love you will love you. The man that has made up his mind to marry you will marry you, even if his mother threatens to commit suicide. Trust me, a man that is emotionally, mentally, and financially ready for marriage does not have to date you for up to a month before he knows that he's going to put a ring on it. Men, I mean men are very practical and they know what they want. Adam knew Eve was from his ribs the very second he set eyes on her. It's great to have a good character, you will definitely get more responsible suitors with your inner beauty. But a man that will love that biitch will love her regardless. See, marriage is all about fate, when your own time is right, it will happen. Marriage is about finding that person who wants to spend the rest of his life with you just the way you are. So don't feel like life is unfair when Pamela, the same girl you've been preaching to marries before you. Every one of us has different time tables in life. And always remember, It's not about when you marry but how well you marry.

Cheers!

368 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Cool disclaimer.
The Person Below Me Is A Virgin .

12 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
“So do not marry a man that doesn't love you.” undecided

6 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
RedClay: “So do not marry a man that doesn't love you.” undecided

What part of that do you not understand?

15 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by slap1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
That number four is very common. For me, I won't have sex with you unless I feel something for you.

5 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:
What part of that do you not understand?

“It is after marriage that you know EXACTLY who you have married.” Big Contradiction With The Latter. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
RedClay:

“It is after marriage that you know EXACTLY who you have married.” Big Contradiction With The Latter. undecided

What I mean is that the true character of the person will come out after marriage. It is possible for a person to love you and have a not-so-good character. A woman should make sure that the man loves her even if his character is not so good.

Besides, I meant them as mutually exclusive terms. Making two different examples. Read an entire post before concluding on what the person is trying to say. I have modified it for easier understanding though.

24 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by OohMpa: 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ooh Mpa loves this chick. She must be good in bed....smiley

And one more thing, to those virgins waiting till marriage:
Get rid of those myths that men have 10 inches dïck. It's a mere fallacy, a lie conned from the women themselves!!!!
We men have only 5-6 inches. So stop hoping angry

It's been shown the more you virgins wait till marriage, the shorter dïck your man will have. If you marry at 28, you get winnie. At 35 year old, you get toothpick...
So, take out those boys you friend zoned and start blowing angry

92 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
True.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
OohMpa: Ooh Mpa loves this chick. She must be good in bed....smiley

Get rid of those myths that men have 10 inches dïck. It's a mere fallacy, a lie conned from the women themselves!!!!

It's been shown the more you virgins wait till marriage, the shorter dïck your man will have. If you marry at 28, you get winnie. At 35 year old, you get toothpick...
So, take out those boys you friend zoned and start blowing
angry

Disclaimer! This is not what I'm saying o!

22 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2014

Scare tactics! grin

9 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by xynerise: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Well said. Na wetin I dey tell them since grin

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2014

gringringringringrin
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by zeb04(f): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Very intresting read altho I doubt the write up covers the whole thinking system of every guy.

It would be easier to believe these but I know you havnt dated round the world. Nice write up anyways and it cracked me up a litl.

4 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Dygeasy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon will you marry me? grin
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Cecediva(f): 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
Spot on cool

5 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by dre11(m): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
That point no3 is well taking in mah note pad.....

If i hear any girl wey talk say sex is not an avenue for love to growgringringrin

I go personally ban uangry

12 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
slap1: That number four is very common. For me, I won't have sex with you unless I feel something for you.
Yinmu

7 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by starlightRR(m): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
These points are making sense ....eye opener for the ladies grin grin
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Very educating piece Op, buh what in God's earth is toto ? undecided ah think that word is inappropriate,. If you ask mee• • •

12 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Dbestmax(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Omoh c post....all ma ladies...All I want is your.............
I knw wetin dey ur corrupt mind...
All I want is ur Love..bt lik police..think the opposite
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lordabas:

Myth: I heard warri girls believe that an erect pênis has no conscience.. shocked shocked
shocked grin grin
Is it because the p'enis is ready to go?

@sweetlemon: Your last point on social interaction is so true. Even women would hesitate to date a boring guy
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Lordabas: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
CFCfan:
shocked grin grin
Is it because the p'enis is ready to go?

heard its because men say they love someone but still feel the urge to shåg another woman grin
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by slap1(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Yinmu
Whatever. I have choice... I'm not a dog.

5 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by slap1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2014

OohMpa Journal of Womanology. 1985.

3 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
banega: Very educating piece Op, buh what in God's earth is toto ? undecided ah think that word is inappropriate,. If you ask mee• • •

Lol. I was just being witty.

7 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
dre11: That point no3 is well taking in mah note pad.....

If i hear any girl wey talk say sex is not an avenue for love to growgringringrin

I go personally ban uangry
It is not
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lordabas:

heard its because men say they love someone but still feel the urge to shåg another woman grin
Very true
Not all men though

Interesting read though have my reservations

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by KingTom(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
IrishKez:
Very true
Not all men though

Interesting read though have my reservations
Indeed hmmmmm indeed grin
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Lol. I was just being witty.
Oh, okay smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Spot Broke Girls Trying Too Hard To Impress / Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? / I Am Facing Blockages After Meeting My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.