Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,365 members, 7,907,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 05:08 PM

Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage (45458 Views)

Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men / 7 Signs Your Man Only Wants Sex And Not Love / What Woman Should Know About Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 20, 2014
OohMpa: Ooh Mpa loves this chick. She must be good in bed....smiley

And one more thing, to those virgins waiting till marriage:
Get rid of those myths that men have 10 inches dïck. It's a mere fallacy, a lie conned from the women themselves!!!!
We men have only 5-6 inches. So stop hoping angry

It's been shown the more you virgins wait till marriage, the shorter dïck your man will have. If you marry at 28, you get winnie. At 35 year old, you get toothpick...
So, take out those boys you friend zoned and start blowing angry
Haahahahee....'myth about di:cks'. That was incredibly funny, so na girls start that rumour. *lol* some they pass 6 o!
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by ITbomb(m): 6:48am On Jul 20, 2014
Lenzz:
cry). Its been her rules all the way this whole 14months.

That's all angry
As in 1 year and 2 moons?
C'mon bro, kneel let me pray for you.

Thank God you understand what you are going in to as you carefully outlined it. Missionary, boring, non passionate, crying sex. If she has other qualities to redeem herself as a wife then good, you will have to do extra work as a patient teacher and hoping she would be a willing student.

I would rather go for a passionate wifely non virgin than a boring virgin

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 20, 2014
OP u spot on; n a very true writ up; I must saay...

I observed almost all my friends; their wives gets to change totally 2yrs after marriage; I dnt know why!
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by josh830: 6:56am On Jul 20, 2014
Men alwaays want some one daT respect and undersand their thought and feelings
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jnrbayano(m): 6:58am On Jul 20, 2014
onoja12: one very quick question,why do you women think you are an authority on how men think,you guys seem to know it all.

God bless you and every of your kindred

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by femi4: 6:58am On Jul 20, 2014
The Op is a confuse fellow, contradition here and there
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by AdelokikiMr(m): 6:59am On Jul 20, 2014
Number 2 and 3 is the best for me, I never liked virgin cause dey are learners for me and who get tym to dey teach student wen m busy wanting to see moves...I love my wife cause she's a graduate wen we got married... wink

6 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jnrbayano(m): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2014
femi4: The Op is a confuse fellow, contradition here and there

Well said. Deep thinkers will agree with you
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by oluwaseunla(m): 7:01am On Jul 20, 2014
Hmmmm. Dey siddon dey watch.
But wait o, why is the society desperately trying to discourage being celibate till marriage?
Besides is there any good reason why a guy who claims to love a girl, will not be able to sacrifice his urges (for the sake of love o), till marriage?
Anyways, we all have our different opinions, variety is the spice of life. But people should stop trying to make other people feel bad because they don't share your belief.
@topic, good write up, although not entirely true for everybody. Good piece still.

4 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by lomaxx: 7:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Dominiquez: Sex is not a prove of love and its easier to sleep with someone you don't love than the person you love cos you don't care about what he/she thinks cos you just want to have fun.

Not everyone cares less.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by femi4: 7:10am On Jul 20, 2014
banega: Very educating piece Op, buh what in God's earth is toto ? undecided ah think that word is inappropriate,. If you ask mee• • •
What makes a word appropriate/Inappropriate?

Its not even an English word, it was coined by only God knows
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by passionate88: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2014
Let them also know that not all guys (men) disprove of girls making the first move
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by sammieguze(m): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2014
Coming from a lady...... I can't agree more whalahi
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by barnaby04(m): 7:17am On Jul 20, 2014
One law of life, the good girls ends up with the bad guys while the bad guys ends up with the good girls!

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by expert101(m): 7:19am On Jul 20, 2014
[size=18pt]Nigerian girls marry for money now not love!

All those hype na Nollywood magic

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by outreacher: 7:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Be part of the movers and shakers of the world,be a member of the New order Order re-write your destiny by embracing fame,knowledge and wealth.

Illuminati citizen outreach Nigerian chapter.
calls you now.
inbox the page for info.
follow the link below to like the page in facebook. or call +2348146109954
www.facebook.com/pages/Illuminati-Order-Official/658718087547104

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by barnaby04(m): 7:22am On Jul 20, 2014
One good thing everyone should note in marriage is that the bad and even the ladies u see as badoos around ends up with the best husbands that our holy and loving sisters would love to have while the baddest boys ends up with the good girls around. Its a fact and a myth that confounds everyone. Every single lady should try as much as possible to be a bit social and versed on issues and trends cos an average guy is a adventurous and looking around for who can give him the satisfaction he truely needs. A funny thing about guys is that a lot gets attracted to weird babes cos the BAD girls makes good wife in most instances, they have seen it all, they knows what it takes to date a married man, they knows what men seeks outside their matrimonial homes, from these, they have a better knowledge of how to take care of their men cos the fear of ANGELA next door is the beginning of Wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by sharonbolly(f): 7:24am On Jul 20, 2014
SHARON AGRO LINK::::....Supply of day old chicks ,turkey,feed,supply of vet drugs,supply of farm equipments,breeding and veterinary services. All @ a cheaper prize,.....@ sharon agrolink we promise you the best services ever.........Try Us today and a trial will convince you........IF you are interested contact me here and promise U a quick response.....Agents from all parts of nigeria are needed............Contact me on TEXT:08182900720(Text Only).......FB: Sharon bolanle oni..BBM:332CC762......Kindly help rebroadcast.......THANKS
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by tuoyoojo(m): 7:31am On Jul 20, 2014
Permit me to add another myth to the OP's write up

Keep your self as a virgin till ur wedding night becuz sex then is the sweetest

For those of our sister wen don dey straff, pls recount. Ur 1st time experience and wud u say it was really pleasurable

The truth is that here is no hard and fast rule about this virginity tin.just know what works for u
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Femsyn(m): 7:34am On Jul 20, 2014
From experience: Being a virgin is an awesome achievement for most ladies, so dey ALWAYS expect that fairy tale, perfect marriage, which if the husband cld provide, good! Virgins have tight vaginas, but note, soon after repeated sex (even after marriage), it will eventually turn out like every other vagina (if not worse, cos of lack of knowledge on vagina maintenance). They usually xpect too much, as dey feel with their virginity, dey've practically bought ur soul.

However, dis is not to discourage ladies from chasing chastity, but a reminder that virginity is just a plus, that could even be ignored by a spouse who doesn't know its "worth".

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Zhahovic(m): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2014
şo şo çool..!...yoųŗ şђoųld gęţ āŋ āwāŗd ƒoŗ ţђįş..! cheesy
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by musulumi(m): 7:43am On Jul 20, 2014
No wonder all my 17 girlfriends are giving me this thing always........OP e be like say u get point oooo!
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by vanstanzy(m): 7:44am On Jul 20, 2014
Sweetlemon: We hear them all the time. These are things our big sisters, aunts, and mothers drum into our heads while growing up. Now all grown up, spiritual mentors keep warning us about them in our fellowships, church/mosque services, etc. But all my almost 30 years on earth has shown me a lot of realities.

Disclaimer: This article is in no way whatsoever against waiting till marriage for sex. It only separates fantasy from facts. If you want to remain a virgin till marriage please do. If you want to stop having sex till marriage, please do.

1. A Man Will Love You More After Marriage/ A Man Will Marry You Only If He Loves You:

Ha! Mbanu! A man (even women) doesn't love his wife more after marriage. Why? Marriage is an eye opener, it is after marriage that you know EXACTLY who you have married. If it turns out you married the right person for you, then the loves grows, but if it turns out to be one chance, OYO l' wa.
Do not marry a man that doesn't love you. This is because the bitter truth is that Many men do not marry for love. Many marry because they need a helper. Because their parents are on their necks, for traditional titles/more respect in the society, even for business purposes. So don't get all mushy and swept off your feet just yet just because one guy just proposed to you.
Always remember this, getting married is a destination. Keeping your marriage is a whole new never ending journey. Do not confuse the two of them.

2. A Man Will Respect/Love You More When You Make Him Chase You Longer:

This one is a very popular myth my mum was always singing into our ears *rolls eyse*. I have this cousin who had this toaster that was on her case for about five years, we were all "aww", "eh ya this guy really means it" etc. But immediately they had sex, his behavior towards her changed. I have heard of relationships that started with sex on the first date that led to marriage.
See, my sisters, a man that will love you will love you. When a man really enjoys having sex/making out with you, you are already half way there. You just need to work on other areas such as his likes, interests, etc. I'm not saying you should open leg like remote-controlled TV o. Just be yourself and allow your intuition and body chemistry guide and guard you. Don't set any time, let things flow naturally. What will be must be.
Chikena!

3. A Man Will Marry You If You Refuse Sex Till Marriage:

Like seriously! Na only you waka come? Na only you get toto? Puleeeze! A man doesn't marry just because he wants sex! He can get sex anywhere. You hear me so? Anywhere! It doesn't have to be from you! Let's even look at it this way, fine you hold out till marriage, after finally getting it after marriage what next? Is it your toto that will sustain the marriage? You must be a learner! I know some unhappily married women who married as virgins. I know some bad girls who married men most virgins dream of.
Like I said earlier, A man that wants to marry you will marry you.

4. If A Man Loves You He Won't Want To Have Sex Till Marriage:

Ha! You obviously do not know jack about men! See, as a general rule, men love sex. In fact, when a man hits on you, he wants sex as part of whatever package he wants from you. Whether na one night stand, side dish, contract, or marriage. If he doesn't, chances are that something is seriously wrong with him. Babe shine your eyes, if your intending husband has never had an erection while both of you are alone. Ha! lipsrsealed
Even if you do not want to have sex with him until marriage, make sure that chemistry is there. Make sure you see a sign of hot and steamy nights to come after marriage. Thank me later.
Sex is not love, but love has a lot to do with sex. You can have sex with someone without loving that person, but you cannot love someone without wanting to have sex. The difference is that while sex is demanding, love is patient. A man that loves you will wait till the right moment to do it and will still love and respect you afterwards, a man that loves you will make love to you, he will make it as good as possible for you. But a man in lust will want it now...........and he will chase you until he gets it and when he gets it, pele o!

5. Men Only Like Good Girls/Good Girls Get The Best Men/Good Girls Marry First:

This one doesn't need long talk, all my mature single sisters in church can testify to this. See, men like good girls that have fire underneath them. So if you are a good boring girl whose life revolves around church-fellowship-work-home. Ah! My sister, even the brothers-in-the lord these days will call you a total bore!
I'm not saying you should start clubbing o. Mba o! Just saying you should spice up your social life a lil bit more. Go out and meet more people, don't be afraid of looking and feeling sexy. You definitely can be sexy without being trashy.

Like I always keep saying, a man that will love you will love you. The man that has made up his mind to marry you will marry you, even if his mother threatens to commit suicide. Trust me, a man that is emotionally, mentally, and financially ready for marriage does not have to date you for up to a month before he knows that he's going to put a ring on it. Men, I mean men are very practical and they know what they want. Adam knew Eve was from his ribs the very second he set eyes on her. It's great to have a good character, you will definitely get more responsible suitors with your inner beauty. But a man that will love that biitch will love her regardless. See, marriage is all about fate, when your own time is right, it will happen. Marriage is about finding that person who wants to spend the rest of his life with you just the way you are. So don't feel like life is unfair when Pamela, the same girl you've been preaching to marries before you. Every one of us has different time tables in life. And always remember, It's not about when you marry but how well you marry.

Cheers!

Very well said! For me it has always been like this, any girl that plays hard to get is only wasting my precious time and hers; i just jilt her and move on. Thats why God just sent me a girl that wont play hard to get to be my wife.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Femsyn(m): 7:44am On Jul 20, 2014
From experience: The deflowered before marriage tends to know all d strategies, diplomacies, cunny and mischievous ways of satisfying their husbands and trust me, u need all these skills in marriage (especially when dealing with in-laws) to survive. The husbands usually know their schemes, but its usually presented in a way he just can't refuse. They are strategists, unlike the virgins (inexperienced).

For me, I think they are better lovers to the non-conservatives, and i realise the longer a lady stays without sex, the tighter the vagina is likely to be (virginity theory).
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by huptin(m): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2014
marriage is over rated, trust me I am married.

4 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Zhahovic(m): 7:48am On Jul 20, 2014
vanstanzy:
Very well said! For me it has always been like this, any girl that plays hard to get is only wasting my precious time and hers; i just jilt her and move on. Thats why God just sent me a girl that wont play hard to get to be my wife.
yoų āŗę my ţwįŋ wįţђ ţђįş şţāţęmęŋţ..!!!! grin
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by drsteroid(m): 7:49am On Jul 20, 2014
Wao! Wot a gud post...I was discussing something like this with a colleague of mine who happens 2 be a deeper life member yesday,who said he must marry a virgin and there wil be no sex b4 marriage.I was telling him if after marrying the girl and he discovers the girl pp is like a well,after all the 'I am a virgin' 4rm the girl,so wot wil he do? Marraiage is really not about virgin,its about knowing wot marriage really entails...a woman who was never social b4 marriage wil later bcom social after marriage n this may start making the man 2 lose interest in d marriage...all we nid is God's guidance
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by henryobinna(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2014
Sweetlemon: We hear them all the time. These are things our big sisters, aunts, and mothers drum into our heads while growing up. Now all grown up, spiritual mentors keep warning us about them in our fellowships, church/mosque services, etc. But all my almost 30 years on earth has shown me a lot of realities.

Disclaimer: This article is in no way whatsoever against waiting till marriage for sex. It only separates fantasy from facts. If you want to remain a virgin till marriage please do. If you want to stop having sex till marriage, please do.

1. A Man Will Love You More After Marriage/ A Man Will Marry You Only If He Loves You:

Ha! Mbanu! A man (even women) doesn't love his wife more after marriage. Why? Marriage is an eye opener, it is after marriage that you know EXACTLY who you have married. If it turns out you married the right person for you, then the loves grows, but if it turns out to be one chance, OYO l' wa.
Do not marry a man that doesn't love you. This is because the bitter truth is that Many men do not marry for love. Many marry because they need a helper. Because their parents are on their necks, for traditional titles/more respect in the society, even for business purposes. So don't get all mushy and swept off your feet just yet just because one guy just proposed to you.
Always remember this, getting married is a destination. Keeping your marriage is a whole new never ending journey. Do not confuse the two of them.

2. A Man Will Respect/Love You More When You Make Him Chase You Longer:

This one is a very popular myth my mum was always singing into our ears *rolls eyse*. I have this cousin who had this toaster that was on her case for about five years, we were all "aww", "eh ya this guy really means it" etc. But immediately they had sex, his behavior towards her changed. I have heard of relationships that started with sex on the first date that led to marriage.
See, my sisters, a man that will love you will love you. When a man really enjoys having sex/making out with you, you are already half way there. You just need to work on other areas such as his likes, interests, etc. I'm not saying you should open leg like remote-controlled TV o. Just be yourself and allow your intuition and body chemistry guide and guard you. Don't set any time, let things flow naturally. What will be must be.
Chikena!

3. A Man Will Marry You If You Refuse Sex Till Marriage:

Like seriously! Na only you waka come? Na only you get toto? Puleeeze! A man doesn't marry just because he wants sex! He can get sex anywhere. You hear me so? Anywhere! It doesn't have to be from you! Let's even look at it this way, fine you hold out till marriage, after finally getting it after marriage what next? Is it your toto that will sustain the marriage? You must be a learner! I know some unhappily married women who married as virgins. I know some bad girls who married men most virgins dream of.
Like I said earlier, A man that wants to marry you will marry you.

4. If A Man Loves You He Won't Want To Have Sex Till Marriage:

Ha! You obviously do not know jack about men! See, as a general rule, men love sex. In fact, when a man hits on you, he wants sex as part of whatever package he wants from you. Whether na one night stand, side dish, contract, or marriage. If he doesn't, chances are that something is seriously wrong with him. Babe shine your eyes, if your intending husband has never had an erection while both of you are alone. Ha! lipsrsealed
Even if you do not want to have sex with him until marriage, make sure that chemistry is there. Make sure you see a sign of hot and steamy nights to come after marriage. Thank me later.
Sex is not love, but love has a lot to do with sex. You can have sex with someone without loving that person, but you cannot love someone without wanting to have sex. The difference is that while sex is demanding, love is patient. A man that loves you will wait till the right moment to do it and will still love and respect you afterwards, a man that loves you will make love to you, he will make it as good as possible for you. But a man in lust will want it now...........and he will chase you until he gets it and when he gets it, pele o!

5. Men Only Like Good Girls/Good Girls Get The Best Men/Good Girls Marry First:

This one doesn't need long talk, all my mature single sisters in church can testify to this. See, men like good girls that have fire underneath them. So if you are a good boring girl whose life revolves around church-fellowship-work-home. Ah! My sister, even the brothers-in-the lord these days will call you a total bore!
I'm not saying you should start clubbing o. Mba o! Just saying you should spice up your social life a lil bit more. Go out and meet more people, don't be afraid of looking and feeling sexy. You definitely can be sexy without being trashy.

eerm... sisi lecturer
are you married?

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by uzolexis(f): 8:00am On Jul 20, 2014
huptin: marriage is over rated, trust me I am married.

Overrated how Pls can you expantiate?
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by sweetguy10(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Contradicting posts

Hopefully the Virgins reading this thread be they guest or members won't go on a phorking spree henceforth .

More so ; most bitchy ladies are familiar with that word "what will be will be , don't judge my past bla bla "

You can't because of the 'who will marry you will marry you' syndrome turn yourself into a slut , or turn into a Britney Spears or rather Lindsay Lohan .

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by UrbanMystique: 8:04am On Jul 20, 2014
Gaddem it... How can I love this post twice or more?
Op this post is a work of a genius after thoroughly studying humans and relationships.
Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by uzolexis(f): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2014
Me I just think the best thing for everyone to do is be yourself so that whoever meets you will know what he/she is in for and if the person decides to love you it'll be cause of who you are. If you are a churchy person,fine don't stop 2 please anybody,if you are not,dont pretend to be one. If you believe in sex before marriage fine,if you don't fine...different strokes for different folks,there are different kinds of men and also different kinds of women,you would definetly find someone that'll love you for you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? / I Am Facing Blockages After Meeting My Girlfriend / My Ex Is About Getting Married But She Still Loves Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.