Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,760 members, 7,969,234 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 10:58 PM

What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? (9324 Views)

Women Lie To Hurt All Men: Prooof!! / I Dont Want To Hurt This Wonderful Lady / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 2:51am On Oct 15, 2008
osisi what I don't understand is why is it Barbi was bothered by the girl being "cocky" about her finace yet wasnt bothered that she has dishonest trifling friends
She never said that and that issue may have been dealt by her. The point is that she specified two problems and elaborated more on one but that doesn't mean that she left the issue of her friends unattended unless she said so.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by KarmaMod(f): 2:54am On Oct 15, 2008
Maybe you need to borrow Yemi's bug eyes, Funmi

Shocked No, in all seriousness u guys. [b]i only told her based on fact. both women that he was sleeping with were in my group of friends. They only slept with him casual like (booty call), but they didnt know that i knew. (They didnt want to tell me because i was once his girl) [/b]And i was going to keep my mouth shut

How come she was willing to keep quiet over her "friends" sleeping with her ex, but couldnt keep quiet to the fiance cos she was being "cocky"?
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by StephenP(m): 2:56am On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

I was making a reference to where and how things like that easily happen. I didn't read her initial statement but I know that most guys trap their girls friends through facebook.

And I guess the friendship runs so deep that the girl's friends won't tell her hey your man is all over me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the man in fact, he's a douchebag but please don't make excuses for the women who slept with their friend's man (ex).

KarmaMod:

osisi what I don't understand is why is it Barbi was bothered by the girl being "cocky" about her finace yet wasnt bothered that she has dishonest trifling friends

I don't get it either!!

DeepZone:

She never said that and that issue may have been dealt by her. The point is that she specified two problems and  elaborated more on one but that doesn't mean that she left the issue of her friends unattended unless she said so.

Well, she still calls them her friends even though they broke the first rule of friendship.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by savanaha: 2:56am On Oct 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

How come she was willing to keep quiet over her "friends" sleeping with her ex, but couldnt keep quiet to the fiance because she was being "cocky"?

Because she realized that her knowledge of their trifling behavior would not hurt them but only her. Even though she pretends to have told the cocky fiance to get back at the boy she told to hurt the girl. If she can't have him then no one else should
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by KarmaMod(f): 2:59am On Oct 15, 2008
savanaha:

Because she realized that her knowledge of their trifling behavior would not hurt them but only her. Even though she pretends to have told the cocky fiance to get back at the boy she told to hurt the girl. If she can't have him then no one else should

Exact;y

Proof that she meant to hurt the girl

Its only her attitude and cockiness later towards all my long time friendst.

If she wanted to get back at the dude, she would have told the fiance about his behavior since and NOT when she was "acting cocky with attitude"

That's the point
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by chika98: 3:00am On Oct 15, 2008
There is nothing there to hurt. Karma is a b.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by KarmaMod(f): 3:03am On Oct 15, 2008
werrin I do again tongue
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 15, 2008
@post
Silence hurts the most
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 3:18am On Oct 15, 2008
@post
Silence hurts the most
Isn't that what most Nairalanders have been doing?. I suspect that more are guilty of this act and not the girl or the guy that posted his ex's boobs online.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

Isn't that what most Nairalanders have been doing?. I suspect that more are guilty of this act and not the girl or the guy that posted her ex's boobs online.
lesbians? lol.

I think it's simply pathetic to break up with someone and then try to get revenge.
For what? I know revenge is an act stimulated by anger and rejection, but later on, I hope the avenger realize that he/she was making herself look stupid.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by Joseph6(m): 3:28am On Oct 15, 2008
i'm sure they'd come 2 realise when they move on coz 4 a girl showin off anoda girls boobs is really some wierd shit, ruby, u havent experienced any of dat have u?
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by chamotex(m): 3:29am On Oct 15, 2008
why would I wana hurt someone. Im not that heartless tongue
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 3:30am On Oct 15, 2008

I think it's simply pathetic to break up with someone and then try to get revenge.
For what? I know revenge is an act stimulated by anger and rejection, but later on, I hope the avenger realize that he/she was making herself look stupid.
Those guilty of that act are usually the dumped ones but the girl in question here at lest was honest about her escapades. For some reason best know to her, she decided not to address the issue of her 2 friends that slept with her EX. That's nairaland for you. people should reserve their rights to answer or reply to comments they wish and ignore the ones they don't want to and i do that many times everyday. She shouldn't be found guilty of contempt just because she did not address that issue.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by BluePearls(m): 3:31am On Oct 15, 2008
well said
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

Those guilty of that act are usually the dumped ones but the girl in question here at lest was honest about her escapades. For some reason best know to her, she decided not to address the issue of her 2 friends that slept with her EX. That's nairaland for you. people should reserve their rights to answer or reply to comments they wish and ignore the ones they don't want to and i do that many times everyday. She shouldn't be found guilty of contempt just because she did not address that issue.
Ok, I am lost. . . .and I do not know what you're talking about.
A nairalander did what? undecided

I simply answered the topic.
Sorry, I didn't bother to go through the past pages and checked out what was going on tongue
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 3:35am On Oct 15, 2008
Ok, I am lost. . . .and I do not know what you're talking about. Huh
A nairalander did what?

By Naijabarbie,

i told my exes current fiance about the two other women he is currently sleeping with. She didnt know because she lives 6 hours away, and was visiting for a party. She was so smug and kept bragging about him, i just had to bust her bubble and taint her innocent outlook of that lying rat.

Shocked No, in all seriousness u guys. i only told her based on fact. both women that he was sleeping with were in my group of friends. They only slept with him casual like (booty call), but they didnt know that i knew. (They didnt want to tell me because i was once his girl) And i was going to keep my mouth shut when i was told by my best friend, even when i saw the post that he was engaged. Its only her attitude and cockiness later towards all my long time friends, and his continuous lying that made me decide to do that. it was to set him straight, what he thought she would never find out, since she didnt live in our area.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by StephenP(m): 3:38am On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

True and that is when one has no choice but read between the lines and/or assume. If she feels she did the right thing for the right and justifiable reason then kudos to her. smiley
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by KarmaMod(f): 3:40am On Oct 15, 2008
There's a thread around here titled "stupid things you've done for love" and many people confessed all sorts of actions they've taken for love or after a breakup so to claim that "NLers are hiding" cos they dont wanna repeat themselves on this thread is dumb.

How about you just do a quick search on that thread instead.

Its one thing to hurt an ex and it's another to just hurt the new person while pretending its th ex you were gunning for when that's obviously NOT true. if she was trying to do good for the girl, she would have told her the situation since and not when her "attitude" annoyed her. Simple

alagolo, who is BluePears egbami
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 15, 2008
Wait, what is so wrong in what Naijabarbie did?
Well, it's also not right right.
Moi, I dnt like getting into ppl's business, I hate busybody!
Let her ex's fiance find out the truth by herself jare.
It's just me, if I dnt know you personally, I leave you to your wahala.

But at the same time, Naijabarbie had no intention of hurting anyone, no intention of hurting her ex's fiance.
Infact, I applaud her action b/c she was honest, she didnt lie about it. it's not like she cooked it up.
She just wants her ex's fiance to realize the truth b/4 she takes an unfortunate step.
even if she cooked it up, the fiance needed a reality check; her beds of roses were act/ full of thorns.
A broken r/ship is berra than a broken marraige abi?

And by the way, where do you ppl get this useless men and worthless "friends"? lipsrsealed
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 15, 2008
how am I supposed to know.
I am not anybody's keeper. lipsrsealed
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 3:48am On Oct 15, 2008
And by the way, where do you people get this useless men and worthless "friends"?
Aren't 2 out of every 3 of them useless?
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by StephenP(m): 3:50am On Oct 15, 2008
LMAOO!! Guess what's featured on the Yahoo page? "Dating 101: Four Ways to Turn Jealousy Into an Asset" http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/relationships/24091/dating-101-four-ways-to-turn-jealousy-into-an-asset/

What are the chances?
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 3:56am On Oct 15, 2008
What to do when jealousy happens
Here are four steps to help you turn jealousy into a positive force:

1. When you feel jealous, realize that it is a sign of how much you care for your partner. Make a point of being affectionate and caring. Tell them just how special and great they are. Chances are, they will focus even more attention on you and forget about anyone else.

2. Journal about the negative self-talk that jealousy brings up for you. For every negative statement, write a positive one. For example, if you write, "I have ugly acne," add a sentence like "My eyes are a gorgeous blue." This will actually help you rewire your brain circuitry in a positive way!

3. Notice what qualities make you jealous. Is it the fact that the other person is in great shape? Or that they are sensual? Make a plan to work on yourself so that you develop some of those same qualities.

4. When you are feeling jealous, think about what you might need from your partner. And use positive and straight talk to ask for it. For example, you might say, "Honey, I would love it if you would rub my shoulders and kiss the nape of my neck."

When jealousy goes too far

Of course, some of us have chronic and major struggles with jealousy. If you have the same scenario playing out over and over again where anger and fighting keep erupting, you may have a serious problem with the green-eyed monster. This often occurs if your partner has cheated on you in the past or if you are terribly insecure about your attractiveness to your partner. The painful saga may drag on with one lover after another. It results from picking players or people who are not into you or provoking good partners into unfaithfulness with your constant accusations.
“Serious and chronic jealousy is a type of paranoid self-talk that destroys love.”
Serious and chronic jealousy is a type of paranoid self-talk that destroys love. With this kind of severe jealousy, it is best to go into individual or couples therapy to work out the deeper issues.
The ultimate goal is to not allow jealousy to create negative self-talk and destructive comments and behavior. Instead, use spurts of jealousy to help you develop more positive self-talk, to be a better person, and to create more love in your life.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by Joseph6(m): 3:57am On Oct 15, 2008
@ deepzone
meaning wat? if there are 3 men in ur house,2 are useless
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 3:58am On Oct 15, 2008
What are the chances?
I think jealousy comes from inferiority complex and as long as you believe that you are the hottest man or woman on the planet in your heart, you can beat these odds.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 3:58am On Oct 15, 2008
@ deepzone
meaning what? if there are 3 men in ur house,2 are useless
I have only 2 tongue tongue
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by StephenP(m): 4:01am On Oct 15, 2008
DeepZone:

I think jealousy comes from inferiority complex and as long as you believe that you are the hottest man or woman on the planet in your heart, you can beat these odds.

For many, it's easier said than done. Heck, some people don't even realize it when they're jealous so that definitely won't work for them.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by JJYOU: 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2008
My dear there were some details she's given that only males would give.

I have been here in the USA a while,I don't know one single female Nigerian that was a truck driver
I don't know any that worked  in farms milking cows
She's the only female Nigerian I know who has a gun and was on shooting branges learning how to use it.
She knows so many details of "things" only males would know and discuss.
I seriously suspect deepzone is a man

@ sister nwando. you and this your forensic mind. you are definately something else.  you don't by any chance work for the  FBI?.  na God in all His strenght and wisdom go help my brother and his children for that house. you remind me of my grany. you couldnt do anything she cannot calculate or figure out. God deliberately made sure she never saw any classroom it would have been trouble. 

my lovely auntie is cleverer than most people here give her credit for.  she easily carry this her aggressive and combating audience along for days and never cave in even under the relentless assault she comes under most of time. it takes great strenght for a young lady that she is.  i do hold her in my prayers that she will be able to do something good with the strenght and zeall she has been given.  she is an activist for a cause. i pray she finds the cause  soon and stop being distracted by these group of bois hounding her.

everyone has a mission on earth. it is clear she has one.  she need to learn how to chill and ignore most of these distractions.  you don't have to win every argument.

funmi my dear auntie chill and start reading and praying for guidance there is more to your life than this.
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by plusQueen: 12:20am On Oct 16, 2008
thanks josh aka jjyou.
I try not to take things to heart.
Most of the time it's all fun.
Nothing here gets to me at all.
Thanks for your concern and prayers
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by NaijaBarbi(f): 1:58am On Oct 16, 2008
LOL!!!! I just logged in here and read all this talk about my comment post, which was just my own person response to the question ( Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? )   Did i do or say something terrible?!! ah ah! KILODE??!!its funny that d topic did a 360 flip to my story, and turned into my justifications for WHAT I DID. I'm not trippin, its how nairaland works unfortunately. But regardless~ i wanted to respond to a couple of d comments, and i wont recall who posted them.

#1. I never said d 2 chiks that he was sleeping with were my friends. i said in my GROUP of friends. this typically means that they know someone that i hang out with, so they are amongst d circle, but we are not close. (hence the reason for them being shady) I considered them scandalous women anyway- because they have a reputation so i wasnt surprised.

#2. i can never be envious of this man, nor this girl-his fiance. Everything he owns now is because of my guidance! and he knows this for sure.  In fact, d car she drives- he bought for ME- with d cash from d job that I got for him when he was a JJC from naija.  This is why he can never face me or confront me for telling his chik these details. I can drop a man quickly if he doesnt have respect for me, no shakin. So y hesitate to call him out? I was a happy girl when i left him oo- it was me who ended it due to his lack of appreciation and his cheating. AND i wasnt single when i did that- i had my own thing. tongue

#3. If you saw what i mean by her "attitude" and u know how some Nigerian chiks in usa can be, even when they are still small girls with no income-cocky as hell. u will understand y i wasnt shy to open my mouth. The straw that broke the camels back was when he got bold n said something so low to my girl. His fiance got in the argument (even though she didnt know anyone as a visitor) and she tested me by getting smart when i told them to calm down. thats how it started~~~~

#4 (ahem, KARMAMOD) this is the thread i meant to post on. 'stupid things u have done for love' is for you my dear. better yet for all d insane men that DARED to put up with your smart mouth.

#5 whats up with all this analyzing/dissecting of peoples comments or stories here, just to say something rude- instead of posting your own experiences or responses? I guess d arguing or fighting is more fun eh?  grin lol. Its like black naija vultures that pic on a juicy comment when someone is being real or honest about something they did in d past. GOOD OR BAD! HE DESERVED IT SHA, no lie. Thats even just a small small thing karma brought his way. undecided
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by DeepZone: 6:29am On Oct 16, 2008
NaijaBarbi:

LOL!!!! I just logged in here and read all this talk about my comment post, which was just my own person response to the question ( Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? ) Did i do or say something terrible?!! ah ah! KILODE??!!its funny that d topic did a 360 flip to my story, and turned into my justifications for WHAT I DID. I'm not trippin, its how nairaland works unfortunately. But regardless~ i wanted to respond to a couple of d comments, and i wont recall who posted them.

#1. I never said d 2 chiks that he was sleeping with were my friends. i said in my GROUP of friends. this typically means that they know someone that i hang out with, so they are amongst d circle, but we are not close. (hence the reason for them being shady) I considered them scandalous women anyway- because they have a reputation so i wasnt surprised.

#2. i can never be envious of this man, nor this girl-his fiance. Everything he owns now is because of my guidance! and he knows this for sure. In fact, d car she drives- he bought for ME- with d cash from d job that I got for him when he was a JJC from naija. This is why he can never face me or confront me for telling his chik these details. I can drop a man quickly if he doesnt have respect for me, no shakin. So y hesitate to call him out? I was a happy girl when i left him oo- it was me who ended it due to his lack of appreciation and his cheating. AND i wasnt single when i did that- i had my own thing. tongue

#3. If you saw what i mean by her "attitude" and u know how some Nigerian chiks in usa can be, even when they are still small girls with no income-cocky as hell. u will understand y i wasnt shy to open my mouth. The straw that broke the camels back was when he got bold n said something so low to my girl. His fiance got in the argument (even though she didnt know anyone as a visitor) and she tested me by getting smart when i told them to calm down. thats how it started~~~~

#4 (ahem, KARMAMOD) this is the thread i meant to post on. 'stupid things u have done for love' is for you my dear. better yet for all d insane men that DARED to put up with your smart mouth.

#5 whats up with all this analyzing/dissecting of peoples comments or stories here, just to say something rude- instead of posting your own experiences or responses? I guess d arguing or fighting is more fun eh? grin lol. Its like black naija vultures that pic on a juicy comment when someone is being real or honest about something they did in d past. GOOD OR BAD! HE DESERVED IT SHA, no lie. Thats even just a small small thing karma brought his way. undecided

Eeyaah. Your picture is cute tho, that guy must be very stupid to leave you. Are you Itsekiri?
Re: What Have You Done To Hurt Your Ex? by KarmaMod(f): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2008
#4 (ahem, KARMAMOD) this is the thread i meant to post on. 'stupid things u have done for love'

You are so angry and confused that you don't even know what you are talking about.

My comment was to Funmi who stated that more people werent replying this thread because they were "pretending" and I said that there has already been a thread like this made recently so i doubt they'D want to repeat themnselves

Instead of running your mouth off, how about lessons in Reading Comprehension. As for your little snide remark, try again next time.  wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hot Romancelanders Who Got Taken Off The Market. / What Do You Really Want In A Relationship? / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.