Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,343 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:00 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (852199 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 6:55am On Sep 25, 2014
larrswag: no he didn't swore an affidavit of support,i only submitted a sponsorship letter, he only stated in the letter that my father helped him to become successful,so he decides to do that to me, well the SOA IS genuine no fraud.sir hope you would pinpoint where my problem is from

He must sworn and affidavit of support for you with a court stamp or a lawyers signature on it.I will try and send you a copy of one.
Let me tell something , try and check all your filled form and your sop with your documents. Is there anything you have mentioned or stated that is not among the documents packaged to visa office? People don't know that what ever you mention in the form filled and written in your sop must have a proof. That is why you don't mention what you don't have on your visa application form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinci500: 7:02am On Sep 25, 2014
1.Hello guys seriously am 22, and as awkward as this may sound i don't Av a birth certificate (missing or lost) I dunno, my parent just couldn't find it (long story). What do u suggest I do as I would be starting my application for (MSc) soonest & as u all know its a necessity what are my options?

2.Please what does it mean to [b]motarize[/b]notarize a doc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 7:06am On Sep 25, 2014
larrswag: please fellows, i have been denied TRV because of insufficient fund, actually i only used my sponsor's document,16m SOA, business certificate,sponsorship letter, board resolution letter because it's a limited company and letter from the bank. i want to know what i missed to include because am planning to use the same sponsor again, my parents dosen't have enough fund to act as my sponsor and moreover my sponsor is not really our family friend he just volunteerd to help. abeg mak una help me oo! na una i depend on.

Never ever use a company with limited liability as a SOA when u are not working there, as the name imply the money is not meant for anyone, the company is a separate entity and have shareholders. even with 10billion the VO will still denied you Visa. what you can do is to use ur Sponsor personal account as SOA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2014
opsynusy: @luvly3 hi
are you in selkirk or going to selkirk,i opted for selkirk too
Is toefl or ielts mandatory to apply wit dem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 7:27am On Sep 25, 2014
degreat11:

Never ever use a company with limited liability as a SOA when u are not working there, as the name imply the money is not meant for anyone, the company is a separate entity and have shareholders. even with 10billion the VO will still denied you Visa. what you can do is to use ur Sponsor personal account as SOA
You are absolutely right... Even if ur Sponsor held d coy's majority shares... That veil of incorporation cannot be lifted for a case like this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 7:42am On Sep 25, 2014
vinci500: 1.Hello guys seriously am 22, and as awkward as this may sound i don't Av a birth certificate (missing or lost) I dunno, my parent just couldn't find it (long story). What do u suggest I do as I would be starting my application for (MSc) soonest & as u all know its a necessity what are my options?

Go to the Nigerian Populations Commission office around you to get one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 7:51am On Sep 25, 2014
vinci500: 1.Hello guys seriously am 22, and as awkward as this may sound i don't Av a birth certificate (missing or lost) I dunno, my parent just couldn't find it (long story). What do u suggest I do as I would be starting my application for (MSc) soonest & as u all know its a necessity what are my options?

1) if u stay in Lagos; go to National Population Commission at Surulere with an afidavit of age declaration from the High Court along with N4000 or N5000. U will get ur birth cert in 4 working days.

2) Any original document of ur sponsor u cant lay ur hands on should be notarized(Certified True Copy) at the High Court.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2014
Getting a birth certificate at NPC will show it was done on a recent date, isn't it a red flag?, that's why I went for the local government birth certificate thing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2014
sidnigga:
Is toefl or ielts mandatory to apply wit dem?
no
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:53am On Sep 25, 2014
Office Address:
Canada Visa Application Centre
No 16, Billings way, Oregun Industrial area,
Ikeja, Lagos
chiahmakar: that will be 16 billings way oregun.
Mcjimmy:
It's no 10
double08:

VFS office, Billings Way, Oregun, ikeja.

Think it's number 10. (not so sure)
bukky1989:
I also ve admission in Lambton. Just submitted my application online, getting ready to go and do the biometric. Pls anyone in the house who had done the biometric is it something that takes time or i have to plan for sleep over and is it advisable i do my medicals now. I dont stay in lag at all plus i need the direction on how to get to the biometric venue. Thanks

I doubt if the number will be of benefit to a non lagos resident who needs a descriptive address of how to get to VFS. I would have love to help but am a non-lagos resident and not too familiar with lagos. I was fortunate the day I went for my bio as I didnt have to go by public transport. VFS is popular on billings way, oregun. To those that are familiar with the place should please give a descriptive address of how to get to VFS.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lymelyte(m): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2014

go to NPC( national population council) for birth declaration . It will cost you 5k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moshood1993(m): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2014
bukky1989:

I also ve admission in Lambton. Just submitted my application online, getting ready to go and do the biometric. Pls anyone in the house who had done the biometric is it something that takes time or i have to plan for sleep over and is it advisable i do my medicals now. I dont stay in lag at all plus i need the direction on how to get to the biometric venue. Thanks

okay, please could you eend me ya email. lets rub mind together . sarnia or toronto campus ...I was given admission for jan .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2014
sawyersam: Getting a birth certificate at NPC will show it was done on a recent date, isn't it a red flag?, that's why I went for the local government birth certificate thing

What red flag is that?

Did they change his date of birth?

Is NPC not authorized to carry out such actions?

As far as i am concerned, i also misplaced my birth cert and did another with NPC. There aint no issue with anything.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinci500: 9:03am On Sep 25, 2014
Thanks man you're the bomb!
Holmes007:

1) if u stay in Lagos; go to National Population Commission at Surulere with an afidavit of age declaration from the High Court along with N4000 or N5000. U will get ur birth cert in 4 working days.

2) Any original document of ur sponsor u cant lay ur hands on should be notarized(Certified True Copy) at the High Court.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinci500: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Thanks boss, you're a life safer!
lymelyte: go to NPC( national population council) for birth declaration . It will cost you 5k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinci500: 9:16am On Sep 25, 2014
The birth certificate issued by NPC, does it have an expiration date or it is permanent?
Holmes007:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2014
vinci500: The birth certificate issued by NPC, does it have an expiration date or it is permanent?

Lol....
No, the issued birth cert from NPC does not expire.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2014
vinci500: The birth certificate issued by NPC, does it have an expiration date or it is permanent?

No, the issued birth cert from NPC does not expire.

It is permanent.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by timmituyi: 9:54am On Sep 25, 2014
All,

Please will the info below affect admission acceptance into MUN? For those who recently applied to the school, kindly ans.

This section provides us with additional information which is beneficial when processing your application.

Do you wish to be considered for financial assistance? (Yes/No)______YES

If financial assistance is not available, do you still wish to be considered? (Yes/No)______YES

Or should i put in a NO for the first question and YES for the second one

Your opinion required plssss.

Regards,
T.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 9:55am On Sep 25, 2014
MrArams: Office Address:
Canada Visa Application Centre
No 16, Billings way, Oregun Industrial area,
Ikeja, Lagos

I doubt if the number will be of benefit to a non lagos resident who needs a descriptive address of how to get to VFS. I would have love to help but am a non-lagos resident and not too familiar with lagos. I was fortunate the day I went for my bio as I didnt have to go by public transport. VFS is popular on billings way, oregun. To those that are familiar with the place should please give a descriptive address of how to get to VFS.
From Ikeja/Awolowo way/Under bridge... Board a bus going to Ojota or Oregun then alight at Oregun. Ask anyone around for Olayiwola bus stop(it's some steps away though) or Billings way. There are keke napeps at the junction plying Billings way. Just tell them you are heading to Visa Centre/Submission centre.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by IyaEjima(f): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2014
degreat11:

Pls what if u are a co-director/shareholder in d company? I'm a civil servant and a co-director in my husband's company and I intend to use the company's SOA when applying for visa next year as he's gonna be my sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by IyaEjima(f): 10:40am On Sep 25, 2014
timmituyi: All,

Please will the info below affect admission acceptance into MUN? For those who recently applied to the school, kindly ans.

This section provides us with additional information which is beneficial when processing your application.

Do you wish to be considered for financial assistance? (Yes/No)______YES

If financial assistance is not available, do you still wish to be considered? (Yes/No)______YES

Or should i put in a NO for the first question and YES for the second one

Your opinion required plssss.

Regards,
T.
I applied and I filled Yes twice like u did. I fink it means u wldnt mind being considered for funding and even if funding aint available, u still want d admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2014
Please which one is allowed then, NPC birth certificate or local government birth certificate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinci500: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2014
I would strongly recommended the NPC BC since its a national thing.
sawyersam: Please which one is allowed then, NPC birth certificate or local government birth certificate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by timmituyi: 11:20am On Sep 25, 2014
Many thanks.

IyaEjima:
I applied and I filled Yes twice like u did. I fink it means u wldnt mind being considered for funding and even if funding aint available, u still want d admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yemochi: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2014
Joe980: From Ikeja/Awolowo way/Under bridge... Board a bus going to Ojota or Oregun then alight at Oregun. Ask anyone around for Olayiwola bus stop(it's some steps away though) or Billings way. There are keke napeps at the junction plying Billings way. Just tell them you are heading to Visa Centre/Submission centre.

Best way if you are from outside Lagos:
Find your way to Ojota, from Ojota take bus to Oregun b/stop. Ask anybody there of UK/ Canadian Visa Office at Olanrewaju street (the street is by Oregun b/stop), you may trek up the street or take Keke N50. Package your documents nicely to avoid being harassed by unscrupulous policemen mid way the road who may do stop & search even for keke sef! and possibly make you to forcibly part with some thousands. The VAC office is just up the Olanrewaju street, off Billingsway.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2014
sawyersam: Please which one is allowed then, NPC birth certificate or local government birth certificate?

Both are acceptable if they are genuine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 25, 2014
@Holmes, the ones I have were filled on the form of the local government but it was stamped twice and duely signed. Is this ok?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Pls i have been working since last year. Do I need to Provide a letter of introduction from my workplace saying i work there or they know about my interest in travelling and wish me luck in my endeavours.? Because i dont think they would want to write 'my job will be waiting for me when i return' Pls anyone that can help with letter from work format will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:44am On Sep 25, 2014
yemochi:

Best way if you are from outside Lagos:
Find your way to Ojota, from Ojota take bus to Oregun b/stop. Ask anybody there of UK/ Canadian Visa Office at Olanrewaju street (the street is by Oregun b/stop), you may trek up the street or take Keke N50. Package your documents nicely to avoid being harassed by unscrupulous policemen mid way the road who may do stop & search even for keke sef! and possibly make you to forcibly part with some thousands. The VAC office is just up the Olanrewaju street, off Billingsway.
Thanks for the detailed info. Guess am wrong with Olayiwola instead of Olanrewaju Street. On being harassed by Oga Police dem; once you are stopped and questioned... nothing stops you from telling them what you have on you and once they check and confirm they are yours, you are free to go without "roger".

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2014
newbie2014: Pls i have been working since last year. Do I need to Provide a letter of introduction from my workplace saying i work there or they know about my interest in travelling and wish me luck in my endeavours.? Because i dont think they would want to write 'my job will be waiting for me when i return' Pls anyone that can help with letter from work format will be appreciated.
Your letter of employment, pay slip and identity card should work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2014
sawyersam: @Holmes, the ones I have were filled on the form of the local government but it was stamped twice and duely signed. Is this ok?

Yes, it is ok...

How many birth cert do u have?

Submit just 1...

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.