Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,615 members, 7,941,364 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (852248 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mcjimmy:

SoA of 2million each and it's a salary account that shows cash flows of 500k every month. Visa officers need to see how cash enters because some accounts can show 10million and after checking they u will find out that the ten million just got in three month before the submission. If you want to use an account make sure the account is an account the money enters regularly at lease every month with the minimum balance of 200k. You can use SOA of 2million with no wahala.

Nice! wish you had added this to your first post about your siblings app about how powerful and effective their SOP was. As important as the SOP was, so was the fact that the sponsor (want to bliv parent) receives 500k per month and will therefore be able to sustain your siblings.
I think we should always try to get a balanced view of every story.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
eddydestiny: @@Mcjimmy i will not support that or believe what you just say that 2m plus SOA is enough.let do some little mathematics if your tuition fees is14,000,and accommodation for 1y pgd programme 500dollars per a month +books,health then tell me how 2m will be ok for.pleas encourage applicant to look for a sponsor with good SOP.2m is no were enough .piple should consider first Good SOA then SOP

Don't get me wrong 2m naira on Applicant's account and 2m naira Closing balance on the Sponsor's SOA with cash flow of 500,000naira every month...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Note: I am not saying applicants here should not look for a strong SOA but do not lie on your SOA and SOP because what ever you write on your sop must have a backup documents... I can see someone saying he/she paid 2600dollarz for tuition part payment and on Sop he wrote she has 20,000dollars for his or her study budget in account... You must provide a backup document for that.. Pls and pls ignorance is sin in the eyes of the visa people ooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by omooba2015(m): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
am i going to fill the paper route and print it out or i will print out and use Biro to fill the forms.. pls reply me Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

Pls, can u elaborate, r u saying fixed deposit aint good enof? If yes is ur answer then u r very wrong. All his sponsor needs to do is to write a letter that states that the money in the fixed deposit is for the applicant. 'kapish...
I am a living testimony....
pls try to comprehend what he is trying to say only if your dad state it clearly that the money in the "FIXED deposit " account is clearly for ur studies in canada and will be available to u when u need it cus my broda , NA FIXED DEPOSIT WE CALL AM O.OO u no wetin yoruba call "ere Gele " t
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by omooba2015(m): 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
Please help, am i going to fill the paper route and print it out or i will print out and use Biro to fill the forms.. pls reply me Thanks. Also my sponsoer international passport as expire, can i use it like that, because he has traveliing history on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mcjimmy:

Don't get me wrong 2m naira on Applicant's account and 2m naira Closing balance on the Sponsor's SOA with cash flow of 500,000naira every month...
I like that quote "cash flow of 500, 000"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello People, please indulge me to ask another set of questions.

So I am using a sponsor and a co-sponsor. Sponsor has a letter from the bank that says money in fixed deposit is for my studies. Co-sponsor wants to go swear affidavit tomorrow but doesn't know what to swear to since my sponsor stated he would cover all but not restricted to tuition, travelling, medical etc costs.

Question 1

So, What do you think can be in my co-sponsor's affidavit of sponsorship. Can he say that he is willing to sponsor anything not covered by my primary sponsor or he is willing to sponsor all the things stated by my sponsor or he is willing to sponsor me with a specific and stated amount of money per year for the duration of my studies in addition to that of my sponsor? Abeg which one of the affidavits scenarios would hold more water?

Question 2

By extension, I guess this is just a specific way of asking the generic question "What else would a co-sponsor agree to sponsor that is not covered by the primary sponsor?"

Question 3

Also, has anyone got his application approved just by a letter of sponsorship not necessary an affidavit. Co-sponsor is kind of reluctant to go to court.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

Pls, can u elaborate, r u saying fixed deposit aint good enof? If yes is ur answer then u r very wrong. All his sponsor needs to do is to write a letter that states that the money in the fixed deposit is for the applicant. 'kapish...

I'm only saying my own opinion and I don't expect it to work for everybody... This visa processing of thing depends on the mood of those going through it. If they are in a very good mood then it favors some but if otherwise them some fall victim.. What works for Angela might not work for Angelina . Good to know you are a Living testimony.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Habeeb521: pls try to comprehend what he is trying to say only if your dad state it clearly that the money in the "FIXED deposit " account is clearly for ur studies in canada and will be available to u when u need it cus my broda , NA FIXED DEPOSIT WE CALL AM O.OO u no wetin yoruba call "ere Gele " t

@habeeb 521 I swear I picture you to be an intelligent guy since I dey on this tread and read through all ur post.. Thank God you understood what I meant. Some people just get carried away easily without having a rethink of the decision they are about to take.. Canada is not meant for the mediocre and slow thinkers. You need to be smart and be able to take advantage of every disadvantage. Sharp up guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Habeeb521: pls try to comprehend what he is trying to say only if your dad state it clearly that the money in the "FIXED deposit " account is clearly for ur studies in canada and will be available to u when u need it cus my broda , NA FIXED DEPOSIT WE CALL AM O.OO u no wetin yoruba call "ere Gele " t

I am guessing u r among those that think fixed deposit is bad for ones App. The closing balance of d SOA i submitted was not up to 2mill and my letter of admission stated clearly that i must have at least 5.4mill ($37000) a yr for my studies. I submitted fixed deposits (ova 5mill) of my parent and sponsor just to back up my financial situation and voila i was granted visa. If u have fixed deposit pls do not think short of it, it can really help ur App.

So my friend if ur sponsor has fixed deposits tell him/her to write a letter that states part or all is for ur studies(enof funds). It is even better than affidavit of sponsorship.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

@homels007 Do u mean for instance, if the sponsor (parent) has let's say 50mil in his fixed deposit account, stating on his affidavit that the said amount (50mil) is set for the applicants education!? All of it? Or part of it? Elaborate bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aulor(m): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello house, pls quick 1, besides the affidavit of support from sponsor, what other documents do you advise an applicant submitting via paper route to notarize.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mcjimmy:

I'm only saying my own opinion and I don't expect it to work for everybody... This visa processing of thing depends on the mood of those going through it. If they are in a very good mood then it favors some but if otherwise them some fall victim.. What works for Angela might not work for Angelina . Good to know you are a Living testimony.

What is the meaning of good mood? How would u know?

My point is fixed deposit carries equal weight with SOA. A friend of mine whom applied a week after also did the same, his own case was worse! He submitted SOA of 600k and fixed deposit of ova 40mill. This guy now has his TRV oh, i guess that one was also the mood of the VO.....

Fixed deposit doesnt min u cannot touch the money anytime. U can just that there will be penalty i.e a percentage will be deducted cuz it aint matured.

I hope this clears things!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
vanrichie4u:

@homels007 Do u mean for instance, if the sponsor (parent) has let's say 50mil in his fixed deposit account, stating on his affidavit that the said amount (50mil) is set for the applicants education!? All of it? Or part of it? Elaborate bro

My bro, yes datz exactly what i am saying.
Ur sponsor should write a letter that says a certain amount is for u (enof for all ur expenses in canada) while the oda is for his family and business.
U can get an Afidavit as well but concentrate more on d letter

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
Aulor: Hello house, pls quick 1, besides the affidavit of support from sponsor, what other documents do you advise an applicant submitting via paper route to notarize.
Thanks

Any original copy of ur sponsors docs u cant lay ur hand on should be notarized.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

What is the meaning of good mood? How would u know?

My point is fixed deposit carries equal weight with SOA. A friend of mine whom applied a week after also did the same, his own case was worse! He submitted SOA of 600k and fixed deposit of ova 40mill. This guy now has his TRV oh, i guess that one was also the mood of the VO.....

Fixed deposit doesnt min u cannot touch the money anytime. U can just that there will be penalty i.e a percentage will be deducted cuz it aint matured.

I hope this clears things!

I am clear on this holmes007.... There is no need to argue this. I really understand you very very well. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
vanrichie4u:

that guy call homes is still at home, u never sabi anyfin ooo can't u just take your time to read wat fixed deposit account is haha!!! NA FIXED DEPOSIT the is, ur sponsor has and agreement with the bank that he will not touch the money until the agreement date!!!!! FIXED MONEY. U con deposit The money!! How sure r u that the money is not even ur sponsors money .the VO will first ask Himself say , how sure is that this money is not people pension money!! Or loan from some where. Broda oromi ko lopin!! Think like u r the Visa OFFicer and u will try to understand what we r jus saying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
Habeeb521: that guy call homes is still at home, u never sabi anyfin ooo can't u just take your time to read wat fixed deposit account is haha!!! NA FIXED DEPOSIT the is, ur sponsor has and agreement with the bank that he will not touch the money until the agreement date!!!!! FIXED MONEY. U con deposit The money!! How sure r u that the money is not even ur sponsors money .the VO will first ask Himself say , how sure is that this money is not people pension money!! Or loan from some where. Broda oromi ko lopin!! Think like u r the Visa OFFicer and u will try to understand what we r jus saying

U r just a funny guy.....
Lets assume u r d VO; an applicant's sponsor claims he is the manager of a company with good source of income, tenders SOA of 400k(good inflow and outflow) and fixed deposit of N30mill
And another applicant claims his sponsor his a nursery school teacher with SOA of 500k and fixed deposit of N50mill (with no proof where the money came from?)
Pls sir, who amongst the sponsor is a fraud?
These are questions u should ask; how did my sponsor get that money; is there proof; is he working at a good company? Not just jumping into conclusions.
Lastly, i will advice u go to the nearest bank around u tomorow since its late here and ask the customer care about how fixed deposit works?
From the tone of ur post u sounded a little harsh. I remain loyal as i dont wanna argue with u sir!
Tualeeeee........

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aulor(m): 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

Any original copy of ur sponsors docs u cant lay ur hand on should be notarized.....
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Habeeb521: that guy call homes is still at home, u never sabi anyfin ooo can't u just take your time to read wat fixed deposit account is haha!!! NA FIXED DEPOSIT the is, ur sponsor has and agreement with the bank that he will not touch the money until the agreement date!!!!! FIXED MONEY. U con deposit The money!! How sure r u that the money is not even ur sponsors money .the VO will first ask Himself say , how sure is that this money is not people pension money!! Or loan from some where. Broda oromi ko lopin!! Think like u r the Visa OFFicer and u will try to understand what we r jus saying

Dude u r most times not constructive, but its all good, thanks for ur view though.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
oghos2k: you gotta take new medicals I believe

Medical last for one year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larrswag(m): 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
please fellows, i have been denied TRV because of insufficient fund, actually i only used my sponsor's document,16m SOA, business certificate,sponsorship letter, board resolution letter because it's a limited company and letter from the bank. i want to know what i missed to include because am planning to use the same sponsor again, my parents dosen't have enough fund to act as my sponsor and moreover my sponsor is not really our family friend he just volunteerd to help. abeg mak una help me oo! na una i depend on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
luvly3:

Check Selkirk college
@luvly3 hi
are you in selkirk or going to selkirk,i opted for selkirk too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
Holmes007:

U r just a funny guy.....
Lets assume u r d VO; an applicant's sponsor claims he is the manager of a company with good source of income, tenders SOA of 400k(good inflow and outflow) and fixed deposit of N30mill
And another applicant claims his sponsor his a nursery school teacher with SOA of 500k and fixed deposit of N50mill (with no proof where the money came from?)
Pls sir, who amongst the sponsor is a fraud?
These are questions u should ask; how did my sponsor get that money; is there proof; is he working at a good company? Not just jumping into conclusions.
Lastly, i will advice u go to the nearest bank around u tomorow since its late here and ask the customer care about how fixed deposit works?
From the tone of ur post u sounded a little harsh. I remain loyal as i dont wanna argue with u sir!
Tualeeeee........
@Holmes "ire moyan" Ada fun he. We will surly get that TRV all of us, broda jus make ur doc straight pls hen! It is weell this forum is always their to help each other out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
larrswag: please fellows, i have been denied TRV because of insufficient fund, actually i only used my sponsor's document,16m SOA, business certificate,sponsorship letter, board resolution letter because it's a limited company and letter from the bank. i want to know what i missed to include because am planning to use the same sponsor again, my parents dosen't have enough fund to act as my sponsor and moreover my sponsor is not really our family friend he just volunteerd to help. abeg mak una help me oo! na una i depend on.

1.Did your sponsor sworn an affidavit stating he will be responsible for your tuition fee and all other expenses? 16million is enough
2. Did you write a good SOP and stated you are coming back to Nigeria after your study?
3. Were all the things your sponsor stated in the Affidavit originally documented?
4. Did you state the relationship or prove your relationship with your sponsor properly?
5. Was the statement of account really genuine or forged? If forged then that could be the reason because those people do verify accounts.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
vanrichie4u:

Dude u r most times not constructive, but its all good, thanks for ur view though.
to me alone my words sounds like riddles and rhythm, I always say incomplete fins u most fink.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
MrArams:

Could take a month, less or more. no one knows considering your app has spent 2months already with them
I pray less oh tired of the wait God would Take Control he started it he would finish it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kepner:

wow! so MUN accepts transcripts via email...well that just makes the whole application process cheaper, too bad not many schools in canny do this though
not at all o. they don't I made a mistake I wanted to write post mail not email.
i just submitted my application to MUN today sef
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 10:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lonewolf001:

ok so MUN accept softcopies of transcripts
they don't o baba mi, you have to mail them through your school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lonewolf001:

ok so MUN accept softcopies of transcripts
they don't o. I made a mistake of writing email instead of postmail. sorry plss.
I just submitted my application today to MUN aswell
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
pchax: Hello People, please indulge me to ask another set of questions.

So I am using a sponsor and a co-sponsor. Sponsor has a letter from the bank that says money in fixed deposit is for my studies. Co-sponsor wants to go swear affidavit tomorrow but doesn't know what to swear to since my sponsor stated he would cover all but not restricted to tuition, travelling, medical etc costs.

Question 1

So, What do you think can be in my co-sponsor's affidavit of sponsorship. Can he say that he is willing to sponsor anything not covered by my primary sponsor or he is willing to sponsor all the things stated by my sponsor or he is willing to sponsor me with a specific and stated amount of money per year for the duration of my studies in addition to that of my sponsor? Abeg which one of the affidavits scenarios would hold more water?

Question 2

By extension, I guess this is just a specific way of asking the generic question "What else would a co-sponsor agree to sponsor that is not covered by the primary sponsor?"

Question 3

Also, has anyone got his application approved just by a letter of sponsorship not necessary an affidavit. Co-sponsor is kind of reluctant to go to court.

Thank you.
your question 3,to my own knowledge I think an affidavit is better than an ordinary letter o...I stand to be corrected,there are plenty GURUs in the house...

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.