Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,743 members, 7,972,688 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 04:08 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (857557 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
BaaleofMontreal:

I can't really say for McMaster university,if its one of the designated institution recognized by cic, then you're good to go but the school might also give you same reply as Concordia. I can only advice you to go for pgd first then proceed to masters, it will be very hard to get a masters with the CGPA you have.

Ok thanks. Will work it out

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
julianauche19:
lol..i know my pali dey there..am just trying to cover my tracks..my divinity tracks..because its totally offpoint..
the only way to cover it for VO is to be in naija..
i saw a nice course on lambton college, its not advanced diploma but techinician diploma for 1year..guess that can serve?
... Yes if its what you like and related to ur background to reduce the headache of explaining why u choose the program... Just let them know Divinity was a passion that you wanted to fill and now u wanna go back to ur roots ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kabosky1956(f): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
My people,abeg am getting scared with these comments ooo. Just finished gathering all my documents and hope to submit on Wednesday through paper route(that"s after the public holiday; and am resuming Jan 6th for Winter session. Hope its not too late? As i believe my medicals are still valid,re-applying after being denied in July. Not so late to apply,abi? Abeg make una tell me oooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
Alhamdulilah! Best sallah gift ever, exactly 2 months I submitted my application. Got a message to go for medical just now

16 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
realone01: Alhamdulilah! Best sallah gift ever, exactly 2 months I submitted my application. Got a message to go for medical just now
... Congrats...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Kabosky1956: My people,abeg am getting scared with these comments ooo. Just finished gathering all my documents and hope to submit on Wednesday through paper route(that"s after the public holiday; and am resuming Jan 6th for Winter session. Hope its not too late? As i believe my medicals are still valid,re-applying after being denied in July. Not so late to apply,abi? Abeg make una tell me oooo....
... Not too late... go submit on Monday...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Kabosky1956: My people,abeg am getting scared with these comments ooo. Just finished gathering all my documents and hope to submit on Wednesday through paper route(that"s after the public holiday; and am resuming Jan 6th for Winter session. Hope its not too late? As i believe my medicals are still valid,re-applying after being denied in July. Not so late to apply,abi? Abeg make una tell me oooo....

No one really knows whether its late or not but based on the current processing time of ppl from this thread its safe to say ure nt late to apply. The average response time is btw 7-8 weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
realone01: Alhamdulilah! Best sallah gift ever, exactly 2 months I submitted my application. Got a message to go for medical just now

See this my guy ooo.....congrats bruva early sallah gift.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by trekstar(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2014

Congrats My U of R partner
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Those that applied first week of August abeg make una go check myCIC we need una good news ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2014

Congrats dearie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cessna150(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
MrArams: Those that applied first week of August abeg make una go check myCIC we need una good news ooo

Roger!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Huzzie: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
Congrats.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
For an application that has been submitted, and the deadline of the fees Nov 5th, can I pay d tuition fees and email the receipt to the embassy, if there is no message to go for medicals yet.
if yes whats the email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by demoah(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
Mcmaster is a recognized institution by CIC but it is a very expensive school. It costs about $98,000 for international students to study medicine in that school.
BaaleofMontreal:

I can't really say for McMaster university,if its one of the designated institution recognized by cic, then you're good to go but the school might also give you same reply as Concordia. I can only advice you to go for pgd first then proceed to masters, it will be very hard to get a masters with the CGPA you have.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
:Dawwww! M so happy for you just feel lyk its mine.....congrats dear!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hello all future Canadian students,

This is just a heads up to avoid getting into financial difficulties in Canada.

A recent development on tuition increase in the Concordia University College of Alberta (CUCA) has been causing mixed emotions, stress and pressure on post graduate students.

The tuition fee was increased from $27,000 to $32,420 without prior information and all post graduate students (Old and New) were mandated to pay the new fees.
A lot of you may scream; that's not fair!!! Yes it is not but there is little the students can do about it. This is because the initial tuition fee statement sent to students for obtaining their visas had the small prints "Tuition fees are subject to change". which foreign students did not take into consideration

Now this are things you must confirm from your prospective school before your arrive Canada:

1. How many semester/terms will you be charged international student fees ?
CUCA charges international student fees in 4 semesters. NOTE: international student fees was increased from $2205 to $2340 per semester.
So international student fee will cost you an extra $9360

2. Ensure you confirm the number of course credit unit required for your program of choice?
The Master of information system security and Master of Information system Assurance program require 60 course credits. CUCA increased their course credit fee per 3 credits from $966 to $1026 which means 60 credits will cost you $20920

3. Always ask the school to give you a full breakdown of all the additional mandatory fees such as student union, sports. technology fee. repatriation fee, student health insurance fee and many others.
CUCA mandatory fees are estimated at $385 per semester, so the program will cost you an additional $1540 in mandatory fees

So this is the actual cost of taking the Master of Information system security management and Master of information system Assurance management program in Concordia University College of Alberta:

Tuition: $20920 dollars
International student fees: $9360 dollars
Mandatory fees: $1540 dollars
Student Health insurance fee: $600 dollars

So a Total of $32,420

This is Concordia University College of Alberta fees, Please ensure you confirm the fees in your chosen school before accepting any admission

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ACCEPT BEFORE COMING

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2014

Nice one! cheesy Congrats bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
tnuola: Opsynusy and joe980, you both want to sell us abi?
grin I won't sell you too ma'am
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
Siga: ... Congrats...
thanks oga siga
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
demoah: Mcmaster is a recognized institution by CIC but it is a very expensive school. It costs about $98,000 for international students to study medicine in that school.

$98,000 ? shocked

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
MrArams:

See this my guy ooo.....congrats bruva early sallah gift.
thanks bro, see you tomorrow lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
trekstar:

Congrats My U of R partner
thanks bro, will send you a pm soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
skylar2020:

Congrats dearie
thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by trekstar(m): 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
realone01: thanks bro, will send you a pm soon

No wahala bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
millymc: :Dawwww! M so happy for you just feel lyk its mine.....congrats dear!
thanks ma'am, urs is coming by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
Huzzie:
Congrats.....
thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Nice one! cheesy Congrats bro.
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
realone01: thanks ma'am, urs is coming by God's grace
Amen!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
skylar2020: For an application that has been submitted, and the deadline of the fees Nov 5th, can I pay d tuition fees and email the receipt to the embassy, if there is no message to go for medicals yet.
if yes whats the email?

YES, pay your tuition before the deadline because after the deadline has passed you will be charged extra for not paying on time. And there is no need to email the embassy the receipt except if it is requested for by them. But if you insist on the email, use ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca for paper AND lagos@international.gc.ca for online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
Holmes007:

YES, pay your tuition before the deadline because after the deadline has passed you will be charged extra for not paying on time. And there is no need to email the embassy the receipt except if it is requested for by them. But if you insist on the email, use ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca for paper AND lagos@international.gc.ca for online.

PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I EMAIL WITH? SHOULD I ADD MY NAME AND TRACKING NUMBER?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
realone01: thanks dear

You are welcome smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.