Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,740 members, 7,972,675 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:50 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (857528 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
MrArams:

Don't be surprised if u get ur response by the end of today
positive response I pray for him
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
realone01: Alhamdulilah! Best sallah gift ever, exactly 2 months I submitted my application. Got a message to go for medical just now
yeaaaa!!!! I tap into this..Congrats realone

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
Holmes007:

This guys can be heartless atimes... Imagine after passing medics a guy was denied under " you are not a bonifide student".

just imagine!
you can imagine...may God help us o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
Siga: .... lol... I like ur comment... But sorry, his app no get mixed with Visitor own... Hin name dey him app...lol... grin
lol I knw just been sarcastic
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
opsynusy: yeaaaa!!!! I tap into this..Congrats realone
thanks dear! Urs is coming soon by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
skylar2020:

PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I EMAIL WITH? SHOULD I ADD MY NAME AND TRACKING NUMBER?

name, tracking no, date of birth, passport no, phone no......e.t.c
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
realone01: thanks dear! Urs is coming soon by God's grace
Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
So early august applicants are already getting their responses...positive response all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good news upon good news...Amen!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
millymc: You should be worming up fr medicals.....*warming
millymc my "roles modem" on this thread..yes I am really warming up (like the the post is for me)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Kabosky1956: My people,abeg am getting scared with these comments ooo. Just finished gathering all my documents and hope to submit on Wednesday through paper route(that"s after the public holiday; and am resuming Jan 6th for Winter session. Hope its not too late? As i believe my medicals are still valid,re-applying after being denied in July. Not so late to apply,abi? Abeg make una tell me oooo....

I told u guys yesterday that medicals, medicals and medicals call, next week will be super explosive, Congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Awwwwwww.... Am so happy for you... Congrats bro.... Greater success awaits you...
realone01: Alhamdulilah! Best sallah gift ever, exactly 2 months I submitted my application. Got a message to go for medical just now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by VickyRotex(f): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hi... Thanks for the update. But is the increament applicable to Concordia University, Montreal aswel? Or its just the one at Alberta... And your breakdwon for Info system security 20k+ is it per session?
kclexa: Hello all future Canadian students,

This is just a heads up to avoid getting into financial difficulties in Canada.

A recent development on tuition increase in the Concordia University College of Alberta (CUCA) has been causing mixed emotions, stress and pressure on post graduate students.

The tuition fee was increased from $27,000 to $32,420 without prior information and all post graduate students (Old and New) were mandated to pay the new fees.
A lot of you may scream; that's not fair!!! Yes it is not but there is little the students can do about it. This is because the initial tuition fee statement sent to students for obtaining their visas had the small prints "Tuition fees are subject to change". which foreign students did not take into consideration

Now this are things you must confirm from your prospective school before your arrive Canada:

1. How many semester/terms will you be charged international student fees ?
CUCA charges international student fees in 4 semesters. NOTE: international student fees was increased from $2205 to $2340 per semester.
So international student fee will cost you an extra $9360

2. Ensure you confirm the number of course credit unit required for your program of choice?
The Master of information system security and Master of Information system Assurance program require 60 course credits. CUCA increased their course credit fee per 3 credits from $966 to $1026 which means 60 credits will cost you $20920

3. Always ask the school to give you a full breakdown of all the additional mandatory fees such as student union, sports. technology fee. repatriation fee, student health insurance fee and many others.
CUCA mandatory fees are estimated at $385 per semester, so the program will cost you an additional $1540 in mandatory fees

So this is the actual cost of taking the Master of Information system security management and Master of information system Assurance management program in Concordia University College of Alberta:

Tuition: $20920 dollars
International student fees: $9360 dollars
Mandatory fees: $1540 dollars
Student Health insurance fee: $600 dollars

So a Total of $32,420

This is Concordia University College of Alberta fees, Please ensure you confirm the fees in your chosen school before accepting any admission

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ACCEPT BEFORE COMING

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lewoxxy: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
standupguy: Please quick advise needed.
My application is ready for submission online but I am waiting for my school fees receipt to be issued to me by Conestoga.
Can I just apply without including it or should I wait till i get it.
I have been told it could take up to 10working days and I think i am running late already.
Or can I include the wire transfer telex copy from the bank.

Except the SOA you presented is well funded to cater for your tuition fee and living expenses, you should not apply without a receipt of payment. Don't know if a telex message for wire transfer (assuming that was your mode of payment) can suffice. That's my two kobo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by millymc(f): 9:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lol... no be only roles mordem,even roles flash grin yessss! Warm up! Warm up!
opsynusy: millymc my "roles modem" on this thread..yes I am really warming up (like the the post is for me)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
Holmes007:

name, tracking no, date of birth, passport no, phone no......e.t.c

Alright
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
opsynusy: grin I won't sell you too ma'am

I believe you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chiahmakar: 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
wow! congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
double08:

Re u applying thru online or paper route?

online app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
trekstar:

Hi,
You can reapply immediately, i reapplied 2 days after my 1st delay and i have gone for my medicals. No time to waste if you want to make winter. As Siga said, it is packaging

With regards to my reason for delay...what do u suggest?...5o you think I re write SOP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
chiahmakar: wow! congrats
thanks ma'am
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
I want to write to Cic on my app status. How do I identify myself? I applied thru paper,so no uci and app no on my slip only biometric id.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
VickyRotex: Awwwwwww.... Am so happy for you... Congrats bro.... Greater success awaits you...
amen, thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
realone01: amen, thanks dear
Congratulations Team-mate!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
ManTiger:
I was about saying this but couldn't have said it better.

I think I wrote a good SOP and the course is significantly related to my first degree and also my line of work... I really feel I haven't omitted any information except the "leave of absent " which I didn't get.... tho d session as begun m next entry is 2015 sept...is it okay if I apply to another sch for January?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
Optimall: I want to write to Cic on my app status. How do I identify myself? I applied thru paper,so no uci and app no on my slip only biometric id.
Your biometric request form contains all d information u need...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Your biometric request form contains all d information u need...
exactly what I mean,I don't see them. I only see biometrics id
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
VickyRotex: Hi... Thanks for the update. But is the increament applicable to Concordia University, Montreal aswel? Or its just the one at Alberta... And your breakdwon for Info system security 20k+ is it per session?

Hello VickyRotex
The increase is for Concordia in Alberta and 20k plus is just for course credit. All international students must pay the international student fees of 9k plus in addition to the 20k plus.

They charge per semester and credit units. not per season so you may spend more in you cant take full credit load per semester.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
tianadiva: hmm helo I tink u re mistaken am a gallll nt a guy nt trying to be rude tho hv u ever since a guy answering tiana
Everything follow jor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by trekstar(m): 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
brvheart:

With regards to my reason for delay...what do u suggest?...5o you think I re write SOP?

honestly in my opinion apart from finances, the other part you have to do is convince the VO of the reason you want to go to canada to study and that you will surely come back(even when they know you likely will not)

for some applicants its straight forward no SOP needed because their supporting documents tell the story and for some its both.

but one thing i have learnt from this thread is that a good SOP or covering note can be the reason you get your TRV or not
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
i said it quite alryt dat gud news shld be pouring in ryt ?,i knew cic were just playing around nd nw its time to work congrats realone1 nd to the rest of us expecting our own respective gud new

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
lol if u say so
cman4good:
Everything follow jor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tekecoms1(m): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
Please what are the procedures of migrating to canada to work after completing first degree in any Nigerian institution? Please help me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.