Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,947 members, 7,873,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) (5973 Views)

Elder Stateman Ayo Adebanjo On GEJ And BUHARI Candidacy Live On AIT Now! / Would Buhari’s Candidacy Be Disqualified Based On His INEC Application? / For The Supporters Of Buhari Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
koboko69:

He doesn't understand that Buhari's matter has been over flogged on this forum, and its really stale and boring now. Not until someone brings something new....
I wonder o!

Since the creation of nairaland in 2005,the issue of Buhari has become almost a daily thing to discuss on this forum. Still the same stale and boring stories about the General.

Buhari is not the problem of Nigeria since 1999, PDP is!

6 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
HNosegbe:

I understand you and agree with most of what you said. I was only considering the reality on the ground, which is that APC has not distinguished itself as a party such that it would consider MERIT above ethnic/religious considerations, as you have urged them to. I'd prefer that the party elect a candidate based on programmes, policies and track record - but I'm pessimistic about that happening.

PS: Buhari didn't STAGE the 1983 coup.
Unfortunately, the "Comrades" don't seem to look at merit in this case. As for the 1983 Coup, bros come on, it will be unfair no exonerate Buhari. He was "named" Head of State and Sit tight on power which was Unconstitutional. Instead of putting motion in place to hand power over to Civilian like Obasanjo did. Buhari wasn't elected as far as my memory can serve

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Djicemob: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Op u r very right.Nigerians have seen buhari for who he really is.Buhari's candidacy would never sail not to talk of sailing well.I don't care about PDP or APC,all i want is change in the form of a better leader. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem:

What do u mean by generational shift? We are asking for the most competent thart have the potential and clout to bring in the necessary millions of votes to defeat the killer party u are talking about generational shift. What gives u the assurance that that generation u are seeking for will give u the results?
Do u want me to list out the various useless people who ought to be in that generation that have either sold their conscience or disappoint themselves?
Sir I am not doing comparison here. Change is not about defeating a corrupt Incumbent and replace him with a Tyrant. We have to look at his antecedents here. Beside, he isn't the only one in APC and APC wasn't form to fulfill his political ambition.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
Having taken time to read all the supposed reasons of the OP why he thinks Buhari candidature would not fly at this moment and saw where he said he wasn't born in the early 80s then i came to the conclusion that he really should not be blamed for his infantile vituperations!

Using the Hausa proverbs which says 'Seriki n goma.....zamani n goma'........Oba mewa,Igba mewa........Buhari was Head of State at a time Military coup was a fad in Africa,now that Democracy is the acceptable norm of Governance.....what is bad in someone asking to be given a mandate through popular franchise. JJ Rawlings of Ghana is still being reverred both for his Military zeal and democratic finesse

You claimed Buhari always wants people to step down for him,this is a patent lie as i know for a fact that all the political lilliputs you mentioned (Bafarawa,Shekarau,Modu Sherriff,even Ribadu) who are all Hausas and understand the pre-eminent place Buhari occupies politically always defer to him as they know they cant confront him head on in any popularity contest anywhere under the heavens hence always step down for him

Also these people you mentioned as we have all come to know are always sponsored by the PDP even from the time of OBJ to act as moles in whichever party Buhari finds himself in order to destabilise his quest for party ticket....History have proven us right as they have all gone back to their natural habitat(PDP). Furthermore those of them who contested against Buhari in elections were pulverised electorally( Shekarau etc)

Also whenever you people talk about Buhari's alleged aversion for Freedom of the Press,i always laugh as most of you infants of nowadays dont always use your heads but are always fed with half-truths or outright falsehoods which you all regurgitate on over the years and think that you have been told the truth......The truth about the Decree against misinformation which people have twisted to mean clamp down on the press is that just like now in which the senate is trying to regulate the use of the cyberspace to peddle lies and character assassination,Journalists of those days(including my cousin who worked for the Herald Newspaper was clamped into a cell in Alagbon) were instigated by their publishers (most of whom were politicians whom Buhari regime knew to be very corrupt) to write completely baseless and unsubstantiated allegations against people which when investigated was found to be nothing more than a smear campaign

Just like it is happening now,whereby the GEJ/PDP will say they know the sponsors of Boko Haram yet wont arrest or prosecute them thereby damaging and maligning the reputation of people. Also the DSS flew a kite yesterday that a politician wanted to bribe them with 14million yet no name was mentione d and no arrest was made

What Buhari's Decreee sought to correct then just like its happening now is to place a burden of proof on Journalist and media houses to be responsible and not engage in pepper-soup journalism as it is today whereby if you publish that someone did something,you have to be very sure of your fact unlike now wherein different useless fictitious bloggers and Belly-aching citizen journalist are using the cyberspace for negative purposes

Buhari's statement about Abacha is still a surprise to me too as i do not have the depth and amount of information a Former Head of State would have to make him say that about Abacha. Yet Buhari's own personal integrity remains unimpeachable

Buhari was the only Nigerian politician Chief Gani Fawehinmi publicly endorsed and staked his own reputation on before he died

Just like it was in 1983,so it is and even more debilitating now the cancer and cankerworm of CORRUPTION and INDECISION on the part of Nigeria leaders and politicians....

Buhari still remains stellar,unyielding,uncompromising,untainted and non-align with other fellow Multi-Billionaire Former Head of State

As regards age and youthfulness,we have seen what the so called leaders of nowadays and tomorrow like Ribadu can do! people who are desperate to become just anything to remain relevant and he is now on his way back to the PDP he once villified

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Buhari critics can not be reasoned with, the videos talk for themselves
barcanista: @ GenBuhari you did not respond to anything. Just posting video link
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Nowhere in my post did I compare the General and the Incumbent.

Excellent. This is clear.

Please can you tell me in What areas? Which of the Points that you don't agree with?

I only agree with 8 and 3 partially. Fine his alleged statement about abacha is discomforting but that doesn't suggest hypocrisy in fighting corruption like u suggest.

And also, is the General the ONLY potential candidate that is available in APC?

No he isn't but he is among the very few that can bring in the desired numbers.

Don't you think it is the role of the opposition to pass thru democratic process and present a Candidate with proven antecedent in order to defeat an incumbent and effect the change that we all seek?

Nothing suggest that Buhari if indeed wants to contest won't go through such process in apc.
Again, Buhari's antecedent by Nigerian standard is very much ok however it isn't required to defeat an incumbent in Nigeria. U of all people should definitely know this.

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
Djicemob: Op u r very right.Nigerians have seen buhari for who he really is.Buhari's candidacy would never sail not to talk of sailing well.I don't care about PDP or APC,all i want is change in the form of a better leader. Thanks.
Personally, I want the PDP out. They have exhausted their time with little or no progress. I want the APC in power but I don't just want another set of Politicians that will make one wish for the return of PDP. I believe there are credible leaders within the APC that are capable of dislodging the PDP. Consider protest votes and those that "don't just want PDP" again, they will most likely throw their weights behind the APC's candidate. The APC as a party need to get it right.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by ShehuAba(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista in as much as I strongly disagree with most of your points as they are not factual enough, I want you to realize that the battle to rescue Nigeria from the hands of PDP is never an easy task and shouldn't be taken with levity.
Your assertion that buhari is a fanatic needs to be substantiated unless you also believe that APC is a Boko haram party.
That said, APC is in a fix, and the best they could do now is to present a formidable candidate which is also very popular, especially in their stronghold which happens to be in the north. They should also look for a very good candidate that will divide the PDP votes in the south east and south south because GEJ can never win the south west come 2015(mark my words).
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista, i have got a lengthy article written by an esteem nairalander the i can send you via PM if you are interested, on the condition that you won't share it publicly till you get authorisation.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
ShehuAba: barcanista in as much as I strongly disagree with most of your points as they are not factual enough, I want you to realize that the battle to rescue Nigeria from the hands of PDP is never an easy task and shouldn't be taken with levity.
Your assertion that buhari is a fanatic needs to be substantiated unless you also believe that APC is a Boko haram party.
That said, APC is in a fix, and the best they could do now is to present a formidable candidate which is also very popular, especially in their stronghold which happens to be in the north. They should also look for a very good candidate that will divide the PDP votes in the south east and south south because GEJ can never win the south west come 2015(mark my words).
Where in my points did I said Buhari is/was a fanatic? The original post is about Buhari's antecedents and not Hausa or Northern Candidacy. The APC is an Institution. It is bigger than anybody including Tinubu. While I do not subscribe to preventing Buhari to contest, If he must do so it should be through the Primaries. Unlike in 2007 where all aspirants were asked to step down for him on the day of convention this time people should be encouraged by the party leadership to pick up forms and slug it out at the Primaries. The Winner will then be backed by the Party for the main election.Which of the points aren't factual?
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli: barcanista, i have got a lengthy article written by an esteem nairalander the i can send you via PM if you are interested, on the condition that you won't share it publicly till you get authorisation.
You have my word. I won't share it unauthorized
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Sir I am not doing comparison here. Change is not about defeating a corrupt Incumbent and replace him with a Tyrant. We have to look at his antecedents here. Beside, he isn't the only one in APC and APC wasn't form to fulfill his political ambition.

Deep down inside u, do u think if he becomes president he will administer the country in its current democratic setting the same way he did years ago under military regime?
When u talk of antecedents kindly refer to elders who understood the politics as at that time. Balance it with his impeccable achievement when he was in ptf whose legacies still speak for good till date.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
When people like the OP makes Nigeria electoral permutations based on logic and straight-forward approach,i always laugh in hieroglyphics.....During the last elections,ACN tried to pander to the youths by giving the youthful Ribadu the ticket,did you all vote for him despite his above average personality? Did a reverred,clean Gani Fawehinmi not contest for election in this country? Did you vote for him.....when PDP flew the kite of a certain Goodluck whose leadership antecedents were not known to anyone save for his media-crafted 'I have no shoes' did you not say you were voting for him and not his PDP-a party whose DNA is corruption?

No politician alive today in Nigeria has Buhari's non-money induced popularity,.....This is a man who has an average of 13million votes in the kitty even if elections were to be held tomorrow and because you are Barcanista who doesn't know the intrigues involved in vote stealing,rigging and manipulation of the ruling party says APC should hand his ticket to someone who doesn't yet have a pan-Nigerian appeal and name recognition to please you

PDP strategists and apparachiks are seriously fasting and praying that APC makes the mistake of scheming Buhari out on the ticket and watch as they will decimate anyone that might be presented in his stead

The worst the PDP can do about Buhari can not be more than what they are doing now.....which is nothing more than media trial,crucifixion and propaganda against someone they know will jail most of them including even members of his party if he gets to power

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: You have my word. I won't share it unauthorized
ok, i will search my mail box and send it to you before the end of the day, please read my first post on the first page of this thread.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Faun(m): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
In 2003, APC (APP) fielded Muhammadu Buhari - A Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerner.

In 2007, APC (AC and ANPP) fielded Atiku Abubakar and Muhammadu Buhari respectively - Both Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerners.

In 2011, APC (ACN, CPC and ANPP), fielded Nuhu Ribadu, Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Shekerau - ALL Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerners!

In 2015, APC's plans are to field either Muhammadu Buhari or Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso - BOTH Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerners.

So much for change. I just dey laugh the people who support these m0rons.
Change my asss! grin

7 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by homesteady(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hmm!
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Demdem:

Deep down inside u, do u think if he becomes president he will administer the country in its current democratic setting the same way he did years ago under military regime?
When u talk of antecedents kindly refer to elders who understood the politics as at that time. Balance it with his impeccable achievement when he was in ptf whose legacies still speak for good till date.
Bros, Honestly I don't trust Buhari. I have tried to convince myself to no avail. If what I have read is to go by, Buhari will not take criticism lightly and the Press won't be spared(including social network). He will kick out corruption but His Human Right record is nothing to go by.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by koboko69: 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli:

Wrong, Buhari didn't stage the coup, he was HOS for 2yrs, his back 2 democracy plans can't be assessed properly.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He
Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from
"unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as
Jailing Journalists.

military decree brother, military.

Question 3?

i can't tell, besides we only hear of loot returned but nothing substantial to show.
Btw buhari can't be right on everything

Question 4?

Shekarau has done it again and he is now minister under the same gej he used to critize.

Question 5?

John mc Cain is 77yrs old so many other examples out there

Question 6?

A certain tinubu was there to lay a decent foundation for fashola. Nigeria is a big mess no time for learners, ask gej.

Question 7?

Same people that were whipped under military law would have gotten harder punishment from a civil court. indiscipline is a recipes for disaster. That is the story of Nigeria today, crimes we will not commit outside nigeria, we do them freely here.

Question 8

Corruption and bad economic policy is the norm and that is what buhari will change.

You have done well... cool

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by homesteady(m): 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli: barcanista, i have got a lengthy article written by an esteem nairalander the i can send you via PM if you are interested, on the condition that you won't share it publicly till you get authorisation.

Can I also get it? I'm interested!
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
soroptimist: Having taken time to read all the supposed reasons of the OP why he thinks Buhari candidature would not fly at this moment and saw where he said he wasn't born in the early 80s then i came to the conclusion that he really should not be blamed for his infantile vituperations!

Using the Hausa proverbs which says 'Seriki n goma.....zamani n goma'........Oba mewa,Igba mewa........Buhari was Head of State at a time Military coup was a fad in Africa,now that Democracy is the acceptable norm of Governance.....what is bad in someone asking to be given a mandate through popular franchise. JJ Rawlings of Ghana is still being reverred both for his Military zeal and democratic finesse

You claimed Buhari always wants people to step down for him,this is a patent lie as i know for a fact that all the political lilliputs you mentioned (Bafarawa,Shekarau,Modu Sherriff,even Ribadu) who are all Hausas and understand the pre-eminent place Buhari occupies politically always defer to him as they know they cant confront him head on in any popularity contest anywhere under the heavens hence always step down for him

Also these people you mentioned as we have all come to know are always sponsored by the PDP even from the time of OBJ to act as moles in whichever party Buhari finds himself in order to destabilise his quest for party ticket....History have proven us right as they have all gone back to their natural habitat(PDP). Furthermore those of them who contested against Buhari in elections were pulverised electorally( Shekarau etc)

Also whenever you people talk about Buhari's alleged aversion for Freedom of the Press,i always laugh as most of you infants of nowadays dont always use your heads but are always fed with half-truths or outright falsehoods which you all regurgitate on over the years and think that you have been told the truth......The truth about the Decree against misinformation which people have twisted to mean clamp down on the press is that just like now in which the senate is trying to regulate the use of the cyberspace to peddle lies and character assassination,Journalists of those days(including my cousin who worked for the Herald Newspaper was clamped into a cell in Alagbon) were instigated by their publishers (most of whom were politicians whom Buhari regime knew to be very corrupt) to write completely baseless and unsubstantiated allegations against people which when investigated was found to be nothing more than a smear campaign

Just like it is happening now,whereby the GEJ/PDP will say they know the sponsors of Boko Haram yet wont arrest or prosecute them thereby damaging and maligning the reputation of people. Also the DSS flew a kite yesterday that a politician wanted to bribe them with 14million yet no name was mentione d and no arrest was made

What Buhari's Decreee sought to correct then just like its happening now is to place a burden of proof on Journalist and media houses to be responsible and not engage in pepper-soup journalism as it is today whereby if you publish that someone did something,you have to be very sure of your fact unlike now wherein different useless fictitious bloggers and Belly-aching citizen journalist are using the cyberspace for negative purposes

Buhari's statement about Abacha is still a surprise to me too as i do not have the depth and amount of information a Former Head of State would have to make him say that about Abacha. Yet Buhari's own personal integrity remains unimpeachable

Buhari was the only Nigerian politician Chief Gani Fawehinmi publicly endorsed and staked his own reputation on before he died

Just like it was in 1983,so it is and even more debilitating now the cancer and cankerworm of CORRUPTION and INDECISION on the part of Nigeria leaders and politicians....

Buhari still remains stellar,unyielding,uncompromising,untainted and non-align with other fellow Multi-Billionaire Former Head of State

As regards age and youthfulness,we have seen what the so called leaders of nowadays and tomorrow like Ribadu can do! people who are desperate to become just anything to remain relevant and he is now on his way back to the PDP he once villified

Barcanista
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Faun: In 2003, APC (APP) fielded Muhammadu Buhari - A Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerner.

In 2007, APC (AC and ANPP) fielded Atiku Abubakar and Muhammadu Buhari respectively - Both Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerners.

In 2011, APC (ACN, CPC and ANPP), fielded Nuhu Ribadu, Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Shekerau - ALL Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerners!

In 2015, APC's plans are to field either Muhammadu Buhari or Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso - BOTH Muslim Hausa-Fulani Northerners.

So much for change. I just dey laugh the people who support these m0rons.
Change my asss! grin
in 2007 PDP fielded Muslim Umaru Yaradua. he'd have been fielded again were it not for his death. Religion politics won't work

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
soroptimist: When people like the OP makes Nigeria electoral permutations based on logic and straight-forward approach,i always laugh in hieroglyphics.....During the last elections,ACN tried to pander to the youths by giving the youthful Ribadu the ticket,did you all vote for him despite his above average personality? Did a reverred,clean Gani Fawehinmi not contest for election in this country? Did you vote for him.....when PDP flew the kite of a certain Goodluck whose leadership antecedents were not known to anyone save for his media-crafted 'I have no shoes' did you not say you were voting for him and not his PDP-a party whose DNA is corruption?

No politician alive today in Nigeria has Buhari's non-money induced popularity,.....This is a man who has an average of 13million votes in the kitty even if elections were to be held tomorrow and because you are Barcanista who doesn't know the intrigues involved in vote stealing,rigging and manipulation of the ruling party says APC should hand his ticket to someone who doesn't yet have a pan-Nigerian appeal and name recognition to please you

PDP strategists and apparachiks are seriously fasting and praying that APC makes the mistake of scheming Buhari out on the ticket and watch as they will decimate anyone that might be presented in his stead

The worst the PDP can do about Buhari can not be more than what they are doing now.....which is nothing more than media trial,crucifixion and propaganda against someone they know will jail most of them including even members of his party if he gets to power
Barcanista again, i had to mention you again, i hope you can counter this post
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by egbaguy: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
Like him or hate him.....Buhari will nva condone corruption. What the WOLVES dnt have against him are his corrupt practices,if dey had his corrupt record,dey wud av been displaying it. As u asked urself,amongst the living generals,buhari seems to b d POOREST. Even a junior officer like abdulsalam abubakar is richer dan GMB. Lastly,why are d rich/elite against a buhari presidency?

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
homesteady:

Can I also get it? I'm interested!
ok, if you will not share without permission.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
koboko69:

You have done well... cool
Thanks
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Personally, I want the PDP out. They have exhausted their time with little or no progress. I want the APC in power but I don't just want another set of Politicians that will make one wish for the return of PDP. I believe there are credible leaders within the APC that are capable of dislodging the PDP. Consider protest votes and those that "don't just want PDP" again, they will most likely throw their weights behind the APC's candidate. The APC as a party need to get it right.

Those protest votes can never be equated to what Buhari will bring to the table.
I had expected u will give specific names that can bring in the same kind of numbers (votes) Buhari can deliver. Demdem is interested in result and nothing more. Again, voting in Buhari suggests a big change
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by eaglechild: 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Buhari also moved to silence critics of his administration, passing decrees curbing press freedoms and allowing for opponents to be detained up to three months without formal charges.[10] He also banned strikes and lockouts by workers[10] and founded Nigeria's first secret police force, the National Security Organization.[11] His government sentenced popular musician and political critic Fela Kuti to ten years in prison on charges that Amnesty International denounced as fabricated and politically motivated;[12] Kuti was later pardoned and released by Buhari's successor.[13] In another high-profile incident that sparked a diplomatic incident with Britain, British officials found Umaru Dikko, Shehu Shagari's former transportation minister drugged in a crate marked for shipment to Lagos.[14]

I cannot even begin to remotely consider to vote for a man whose principles is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what a democracy stands for.

Buhari is completely wasting his time.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
[quote author=Obiagelli]

Wrong, Buhari didn't stage the coup, he was HOS for 2yrs, his back 2 democracy plans can't be assessed properly.

How does being an Head of State negate his knowledge of the coup? Obasanjo took over power in 1976 and handed back to Civilian in 1979.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He
Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from
"unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as
Jailing Journalists.

Buhari Instituted decree 4. Pls check the record. Buhari never hid his dislike for Freedom of the Press. Ask a Journalist

Question 3?

i can't tell, besides we only hear of loot returned but nothing substantial to show.
Btw buhari can't be right on everything

Is that a justification that Abacha did not loot? hmmmm I see cheesy cheesy cheesy

Question 4?

Shekarau has done it again and he is now minister under the same gej he used to critize.

How does that answer the question on Buhari? Please leave Shekarau out of this and lets face Buhari

Question 5?

John mc Cain is 77yrs old so many other examples out there

How old was McCain in 2008 when he contested against Young Obama? Did his age play a role? FIND OUT

Question 6?

A certain tinubu was there to lay a decent foundation for fashola. Nigeria is a big mess no time for learners, ask gej.

And Who laid the Foundation for Rotimi Amaechi? Odili(lol) or Who laid the Foundation for Aregbesola? Is it Oyinlola? How did that justify Buhari?

Question 7?

Same people that were whipped under military law would have gotten harder punishment from a civil court. indiscipline is a recipes for disaster. That is the story of Nigeria today, crimes we will not commit outside nigeria, we do them freely here.

Sorry you didn't tackle the point here.

Question 8

Corruption and bad economic policy is the norm and that is what buhari will change.

Change corruption at the expense of freedom and Human right? NO WAY

Not Convinced
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Demdem(m): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Bros, Honestly I don't trust Buhari. I have tried to convince myself to no avail. If what I have read is to go by, Buhari will not take criticism lightly and the Press won't be spared(including social network). He will kick out corruption but His Human Right record is nothing to go by.

Then u are the problem not Buhari having chosen to feast on unbalanced write up u read. U need to seive them all. Ur fears are unfounded in a democratic setting.
Was Rawlings not a military man in Ghana that had terrible human right records, today he is worshipped by his country men. Show me one military regime with good human right record. Even at that, it's not sufficient enough to judge him with it in a democratic setting. If he doesn't believe in democracy, he won't go to the courts whenever he feels robbed in the polls.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Obiagelli:
Barcanista again, i had to mention you again, i hope you can counter this post
His first post was long and so off-point. He talked about Buhari's northern popularity which is not the subject here and all other off posts
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
soroptimist: When people like the OP makes Nigeria electoral permutations based on logic and straight-forward approach,i always laugh in hieroglyphics.....During the last elections,ACN tried to pander to the youths by giving the youthful Ribadu the ticket,did you all vote for him despite his above average personality? Did a reverred,clean Gani Fawehinmi not contest for election in this country? Did you vote for him.....when PDP flew the kite of a certain Goodluck whose leadership antecedents were not known to anyone save for his media-crafted 'I have no shoes' did you not say you were voting for him and not his PDP-a party whose DNA is corruption?

What is your point? How does this post relate to issues raised?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of Gov. Rotimi Amaechi In An Uncompleted Building ;D / This Picture Has Been Making Me Laugh Since / I am not dead. I shall live my years. Yar Adua.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.