Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,634 members, 7,901,948 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:08 PM

OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) (6005 Views)

Elder Stateman Ayo Adebanjo On GEJ And BUHARI Candidacy Live On AIT Now! / Would Buhari’s Candidacy Be Disqualified Based On His INEC Application? / For The Supporters Of Buhari Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 16, 2014
mikolo80: Even for my ward apc de zone. Ezeks can be minister or efcc chairwoman. I was just pointing out action ppl who actually implement policy,it could be other young bucks. El rufai,the enemy of my enemy is my friend - i foot doubt there are credible candidates but now is not the time for trial and error. At least we're sure buhari will fight corruption our main problem with multiplier effect
While I commend your sincerity and objectivity, I think we should think outside the box. There's nothing wrong if the new APC govt appoint younger professionals to man Ministerial positions along with a mix of seasoned politicians. Oby shd be left as an activist or better still an Ambassadoral appointment because of her experience and contact. I believe that we have young chaps in Nigeria that are willing to come on board and serve selflessly in an incorruptible APC govt(Whether Gen Buhari or anyone). Personally, I don't fancy recycling! Someone like El Rufai should rather run for Governor in his home state Kaduna. What's ur take?
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2014
The currency change only made looters hoarders and launderers of cash suffer.

52 suit case was coming into the country, an Emir was retuning to the country with all his wives and children the 52 suitcases were their luggage hand luggage and even handbags were all counted as suitcases and they were not stuffed with cash? Who would stuff 52 suitcases with another countries cash? If you are going to try and discredit Buhari, at least say something believable.

Rumour was secretly started by the IBB and his ally Abubakar Atiku (Head of customs at the time) who were trying to discredit Buhari in the months leading up to TBB,s coup
tit:

While millions of Nigerians suffered from this disaster of currency change,
another Nigerian leader man-made disaster which killed hundreds of innocent, hardworking Nigerians,
Buhari allowed his in-law to smuggle in 52 suitcases of money.

Mr. Kworruption,
Thank you!
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by mikolo80: 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: While I commend your sincerity and objectivity, I think we should think outside the box. There's nothing wrong if the new APC govt appoint younger professionals to man Ministerial positions along with a mix of seasoned politicians. Oby shd be left as an activist or better still an Ambassadoral appointment because of her experience and contact. I believe that we have young chaps in Nigeria that are willing to come on board and serve selflessly in an incorruptible APC govt(Whether Gen Buhari or anyone). Personally, I don't fancy recycling! Someone like El Rufai should rather run for Governor in his home state Kaduna. What's ur take?
no doubt we want a generational shift but to make it happen with our current realities i think we need to ease them in at federal level with the only "proven" candidate.dude garnered 12mill votes to jona's 22mill and almost activated the second ballot clause. No other apc candidate presidential comes close or is it these governors that are losing stomach infrastructure battle we want to go head to head with the leviathanesque pdp. I repeat lets not do trial and error or else... Ps they can run for governor but remember with our situation the president is the only individual with" real" power and why i'm insistent that we tolerate one more old tested and trusted anticorruption, get the job done,BY any means necessary kinda guy.cos desperate times require desperate measures . And ezeks should be a minister or efcc chairwoman,cos look at soyinka mad respect but activism really doesn't do shit is all i'm saying .better to be in the thick of it
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by jakiedudu(m): 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: 1. Buhari Truncated A Democratic Process and Never Put Machinery In Place To Handover To Democratic Government.

2. Buhari does NOT support Press Freedom. He Instituted DECREE 4 that bar journalists from "unfavorable" reporting. He even went as far as Jailing Journalists.

3. Buhari Stand on corruption is hypocritical. The Same Buhari that Jailed Politicians for corruption is the same Buhari that publicly said "ABACHA did NOT steal" " That Abacha was supposed to be celebrated". Buhari, in 2007, described the allegations of looting against Abacha as “baseless”, because according to him, “ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts”. . The same Buhari that accused the ruling Party of Institutionalizing corruption.

4. Buhari is Not a democrat. He doesn't believe in democratic process nor primaries. Buhari would rather have people step down for him in the Primaries (cite 2007 when all aspirants including Sani Yerima and co were asked to step down on the day of Convention). It led to the exit of Atahiru Bafarawa where he formed the DPP and contested on its platform. Gen. Buhari quitted ANPP and formed the CPC in 2010/11. The reason was because he doesn't want to go through Primaries with a "Small Boy"(Referring to then Kano State Gov Ibrahim Shekarau that ended up flying the flag). I am certainly sure that Buhari will want to be adopted as "consensus" of APC which will SPLIT the party.

5. Buhari is OLD. Nigeria need change in Leadership. 65yrs plus should have no business in 2015 Presidential Poll. there should be paradigm shift. A 70plus years Buhari will seldom sell to the Youths.

6. General Buhari was a Military Leader in early 80s(when I wasn't even born). Times has changed. Leadership dynamics of Yesteryears is different from now. The APC should replicate what is done in Lagos State. Allow the younger generation fly ticket. A man like Buhari will most likely ban facebook and twitter because his antecedents is in conflict with criticism.

7. Buhari's WAI saw Nigerian Adults being whipped to submission. Maybe it was due to his military background but I for one can't sacrifice my freedom of choice for anything. It is of great concern that he hasn't find cause to apologise for that act. His aides even justified it.

8. The opinion is an honest one of a Nigerian Citizen. I expect APC to be different in approach from the norm to reflect the "CHANGE" that it preaches.

#Barcanista
Well said.
Buhari is a no no to Nigeria in the 21st century.
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
jakiedudu:
Well said.
Buhari is a no no to Nigeria in the 21st century.
bros my opinion has been modified. Check the 2nd post on this thread
Re: OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2015
barcanista:
MODIFIED....influence by further reading!!!!!
1. From what I found out Buhari didn't participate in the coup. It shaped my opinion. IBB, Abacha, Gusau, David Mark, Onoja were the players.

2.My Opinion and disgust for Decrees 2 and 4 remains the same.

3.Buhari said the monies was found in the account of his family members and not him. Though I respect his view but don't agree with him.

4. That is common to World Leaders which is wrong. Even Jonathan wants automatic ticket. Obj made sure he got every "informal" nominations in 2003. Obama never had a rival in Democrat party in 2012, same with Bush in Republican Party, 2004.

5. Age is not a criteria for leadership but competence and vision. American had 70plus Presidents so was Mandela

6. On a second thought it makes no sense. Was driven by fear of the unknown

7. Yes, I'm against public humiliation but was common in the military. However, we still have security forces humiliate civilians without the Civilian Govt acting. Eg Soldiers givin ppl frog jump, brt buses burning etc.

8. My Sincere Opinion

NB: This i§ a true reflection of my vÍews and invalidates the first.
You should have asked the reason why people were given frog jump,bosses that come late to work were treated that way,not like now that bosses can come to work when they like,but the messengers and other workers must be at work before 8:30

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbos In The South South [etche People Of Rivers State] / Those Calling Igbos Tribalist / VP Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.