Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,463 members, 7,888,437 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:45 AM

1860si's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1860si's Profile / 1860si's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Politics / Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid Sacked, Banned From Mosque by 1860si: 2:40am On Apr 05, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

Shame on Buhari

Such a tolerant and educated Islamic scholar

I always enjoy his submission anytime he is invited to be a guest speaker at Abrahamic mission Program on NTA network.. he has a full grasp of Bible, Quran and Hadith

[/s]
Politics / Re: Kanunta, Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Blames Simon Ekpa For Killing Of FRSC Officials. by 1860si: 2:40am On Apr 05, 2022
[s]
triple996:
He don start
Blame game grin
Ekpa Simon d groundnut seller is right
Sit at home continues even if our children are dying of hunger and are not going to school

Biafra , starvation , mkpurumiri or death grin
[/s]
Politics / Re: Monday Prayer In Onitsha To Mark End Of Sit At Home In Anambra State Today(photo by 1860si: 2:40am On Apr 05, 2022
[s]
helinues:

Abeg stop supporting Mediocrity .. Prayer to mark what the SE governors have been incompetent about right from onset.

Na wah oo
[/s]
Politics / Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Set Nnewi South LG Headquarters Ablaze by 1860si: 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:

As usual, IPOB terrorist sympathizers will blame the DSS.

This Nigeria matter na the more you look the less you see. I only pity Soludo, a good governor just starting his term made to face IPOB terrorists.

This will be his litmus test. If he is able to handle the situation well, then he would have set a template other SE states can follow.

I wish him best of luck and will be watching how this unfold.
[/s]
Politics / Re: Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) by 1860si: 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:
I like what Olu of Warri is doing. He is moving closer to the source and engaging with the Yorubas as it should be.

We also need to reciprocate the effort with utmost respect by also sending one of our kings on a visit to Warri to just continue to cement the bond.

However, while doing this we must not try to say they are Yoruba. But we can always mutually recognize the bond of source that bound us both together and build a greater alliance going forward.

God bless Olu of Warri.
God bless Itshekiri people.
God bless the Yorubas
God bless our lovers home and away.
[/s]
Politics / Re: Tens Of Imams, Islamic Scholars, Youth Leaders Visit Osinbajo by 1860si: 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:
Shame on Kperogi the Islamic fanatics that’s trying to push the narration of bigotry against Osinbajo.

God bless Prof. Osinbajo, our very own starboy.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Bad Governance, No Protest: Is Buhari Nigeria's Luckiest Leader? by 1860si: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
What of the pdp (Endsars Coup) that failed?
[/s]
Politics / Re: Anambra Women Are Hardworking,I Take Pride In Being Nwayi Anambra-Soludo Wife by 1860si: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

Incoherent.
[/s]
Politics / Re: Anambra Women Are Hardworking,I Take Pride In Being Nwayi Anambra-Soludo Wife by 1860si: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
I agree.

I have seen them in Lagos, "working very hard". cheesy
[/s]
Politics / Re: Kaduna: PMB Under Scrutiny Over $1m Gift To Afghanistan, Using 10 Maybachs by 1860si: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
He's not right you're both wrong.

That's what PMB's administration met, he gave out 4 to security institutions, put up 4 four sale.
He's using 2.

You can confirm this
[/s]
Politics / Re: Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Have Not Received Salary Since I Became Governor Of Osun' by 1860si: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
He always affirm this during his reign and dared People to investigate.

God bless my Leader and Political mentor.
[/s]
Politics / Re: Kaduna: PMB Under Scrutiny Over $1m Gift To Afghanistan, Using 10 Maybachs by 1860si: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Don't be stupid. He met 10 but gave 4 out to security institutions.
Tried to sell of 4.

He's using two Currently
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Between Mr Macaroni And A Twitter User Over Reopening Of Lekki Toll Gate by 1860si: 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Please educate them.
[/s]
Celebrities / Re: Between Mr Macaroni And A Twitter User Over Reopening Of Lekki Toll Gate by 1860si: 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Are your sisters included?
[/s]
Crime / Re: One Killed As Gunmen Raze Local Council Headquarters In Anambra (photos) by 1860si: 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Very funny, but a good question for Biafraudulents.
[/s]
Politics / Re: Nigerians Please Forgive Me, I Campaigned For Buhari In 2015 And 2019 by 1860si: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
President Muhammadu Buhari GCON and I'm not regret my action I will still vote him should only him and Atiku on the ballot.
[/s]

1 Like

Romance / Re: Ladies: A Smoker, A Womaniser Or A Drunk? by 1860si: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
helinues:

But the truth is, hardly a guy won't also do one of it , casual or normal...
[/s]

1 Like

Romance / Re: Ladies: A Smoker, A Womaniser Or A Drunk? by 1860si: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Ladies, according to you, if you were to choose just one of the listed above, which can you cope/live with?
[/s]
Politics / Re: Nigerians Please Forgive Me, I Campaigned For Buhari In 2015 And 2019 by 1860si: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
helinues:

Atiku could have been far worse than Buhari. There is nothing to regret about cos Atiku is a big NO No in Nigeria
[/s]
Politics / Re: NLC To Wike: You’ll Kill All Workers In Nigeria, We’ll Not Support You by 1860si: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Get out of my mention. angry
[/s][s][/s]
Politics / Re: Groups Buy PDP Presidential Form For Peter Obi, Pledge 10 Million Votes by 1860si: 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

So why are you telling me this? Did I tell you I'm a group?
[/s]
Politics / Re: Andrew Yakubu: Court Acquits ex-NNPC GMD In Whose House $9.8m Was Found by 1860si: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Nonsense you are witnessing it from the head itself, yet you are in still denial of how Civil Servants hide money?

What of the Afonja former head of NSA, that kept $42 million dollars in a flat in Ikoyi Lagos State?
[/s]
Politics / Re: Andrew Yakubu: Court Acquits ex-NNPC GMD In Whose House $9.8m Was Found by 1860si: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Bigotry is not good o, he is Northern Christian from Kaduna State.

Tomorrow you same Pharisees will accuse others of discrimination?
[/s]
Politics / Re: President Buhari Presides Over Virtual Commission (Photos) by 1860si: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Who is doing Canada ? Canada of which year. Nawah for you oo I will use a year seeking for visa?
[/s]
Politics / Re: Groups Buy PDP Presidential Form For Peter Obi, Pledge 10 Million Votes by 1860si: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
[/s]
grin
Politics / Re: 2023 Presidency: 9 Aspirants From The South East by 1860si: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
post=111535279:

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one and a half tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary mentions from nonentities.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: El-Rufai Calls For Bombardment Of Forests Where Bandits Live by 1860si: 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Is that a solution
[/s]
Foreign Affairs / Re: Ukraine Mayor Survives Rocket Assassination Attempt Because He Overslept by 1860si: 4:26am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Sleeping is good sometimes.

grin
[/s]
Politics / Re: Since 2015 They Are Just Beginning To Pay The Price by 1860si: 4:25am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

I already said it, I no dey for any back and forth nonsense explaining anything. My own is simple, any thread I come across, gbam, me sef go drop my own, after that, you all can start flooding my mention, e no concern me.

Insult me? I no dey talk, you get same from me, don't shout blue murder.

Bye.
[/s]
Politics / Re: Onoh Picks Enugu Governorship Form, Pledges Loyalty To Ugwuanyi by 1860si: 4:22am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Go purchase the form of interest first.
[/s]
Politics / Re: Onoh Picks Enugu Governorship Form, Pledges Loyalty To Ugwuanyi by 1860si: 4:22am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Her.
[/s]

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.