Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:19 AM

Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? (5277 Views)

Is It Good To Slap Or Hit A Wife Who Has Bad Mouth.?? / 4 Good Reasons For A Man To Hit A Woman / Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
I know that majority will say "NO". I would say "NO" too, reason being that my parents both instilled in me the great sense of honour in how men treat women. They made it very clear to me that hitting a woman is never acceptable.

But now, when I think about how aggressive and obnoxious some women are, and how eager some are to hit, embarrass and humiliate a man, I ll begin to wonder if certain moral responsibilities have their time and place.

Now read my story. I was with my friend and one elderly man yesterday when his son came to complain to him that his mom slapped him for stepping on a dress she was sewing. The man went to his wife and warned her to stop hitting the children like animals. She told him that he should take them with him wherever he is going if he doesn't want her to hit them.

The elderly man called my friend and asked him if they were having any problem before.
He said "no". The man then told him to let her be that maybe something is troubling her.

Within a short time we heard the sound of slap and his other son cried out in pain. We all rushed there to know what happened, the child was on the floor crying so the man asked his wife what happened but she ignored him. In annoyance he tore the the dress she was sewing and all hell broke loose.

She sprang to her feet and slapped the man, the man wanted to hit her back but I was already holding him. Luckily we were able to stop the fight and the man was advised to go away for some time because the words the woman was spewing can awake the demon in any man
==========================

Due to the way I was brought up, I expected the man to display some patience, restraint, and physical resilience of a saint and walk away when the woman refused to talk but what kind of women do we create as a society when we take the now-anachronistic notion that women are special and should not be touched even when they start acting like men. We respect women now more then they were respected 20-50 years ago and the more we respect them, the more they disrespect us.

Seriously I have never witnessed something like that, I have never seen married people engage in a fist fight but after seeing what happened, I'm beginning to believe that some women love violence and should be given a hard-reset.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
it's a great show of cowardice when a man hits a woman. No matter what she does or says, it's no excuse. iF you're looking for someone to figh, go pick on someone your own size

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by greatgod2012(f): 12:14am On Aug 28, 2014
Ladystewie: it's a great show of cowardice when a man hits a woman. No matter what she does or says, it's no excuse. iF you're looking for someone to figh, go pick on someone your own size

but what about the woman who hits his man first

I don't like judging others, but it seems you are not being fair in your judgement.

Violence shouldn't be tolerated from any gender, be it from man or woman........nobody has the right to hit anyone, if you hit first, be ready to be hit back. Enough of hiding under one finger of "afterall she's a woman".
Is a man not a human being also?

It's very simple.............IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HIT, DON'T HIT YOUR MAN FIRST.

18 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by okotv(m): 12:23am On Aug 28, 2014
Ladystewie: it's a great show of cowardice when a man hits a woman. No matter what she does or says, it's no excuse. if you're looking for someone to fight, go pick on someone your own size
i hope you don't meet a very strange man who would reduce you to shreds. I detest violence of any form and whether you a guy or a lady, the moment you show any sign of violence its over between us no matter what i stand to lose. Coming from someone who was brought up in the military system since childhood.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by greatgod2012(f): 12:26am On Aug 28, 2014
Honestly, it's a show of total disrespect, indiscipline, mannerlessness, rudeness and gross arrogancy on the part of a woman to hit his man first.

Violence should not be caused by anyone, be it man or woman, let there always be mutual respect.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

It is a gross hypocrisy when we say a man should not hit a woman but turn a blind eye when it is the other way round.

Let's be objective please.

Not supporting a man hitting his woman, as well as a woman hitting his man.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HIT, DON'T HIT FIRST.......

7 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by snazzylove: 12:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Where are the die-hard feminists, come oo. 'Tory don Land' grin
Come and defend your fellow woman cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 6:24am On Aug 28, 2014
Ladystewie: it's a great show of cowardice when a man hits a woman. No matter what she does or says, it's no excuse. iF you're looking for someone to figh, go pick on someone your own size
Nawa ooo, so you don't know that some women are strong enough to give decent hits and beat a man senseless?
Men are human as well my dear and adult women are just as mature as adult men, and are just as capable of threatening, attacking and injuring others as men are. So they should accountable for whatever they do.

How can you say "No matter what she do or say". You mean he should just watch and not act even when his life is in danger?

Women should live as good and respectfully as they want men to, don't speak to them like crap fret them like crap or assault them else you should be treated the same

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 6:28am On Aug 28, 2014
greatgod2012:

but what about the woman who hits his man first

I don't like judging others, but it seems you are not being fair in your judgement.

Violence shouldn't be tolerated from any gender, be it from man or woman........nobody has the right to hit anyone, if you hit first, be ready to be hit back. Enough of hiding under one finger of "afterall she's a woman".
Is a man not a human being also?

It's very simple.............IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HIT, DON'T HIT YOUR MAN FIRST.

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 6:40am On Aug 28, 2014
snazzylove: Where are the die-hard feminists, come oo. 'Tory don Land' grin
lols they acknowledge their physical inferiority when it is for their own advantage. It is funny how they argue that woman have a higher pain tolerance and that they're just as good as men, if not better but will never teach women self control.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 28, 2014
I believe it depends on the scenario. Under normal circumstances, it is never right for a man to hit a woman, even when the woman hits the man first. This is not saying what the woman did is right. If the man hit the woman because the woman hit him first then both parties are guilty of wrong doing.

However, there may be some other cases where hitting a woman may just be the only thing left to do for the man. If the lady threatens the man with deadly force, such that his life is in danger then he has every right to defend himself. Hitting a lady when one's life is threatened is not wrong in my books.

Hitting the lady should be the last resort after other avenues have failed e.g is it possible for the man to get away without endangering his life? If it is then this should be the better option to hitting the lady.

#Ladies are not always the weaker sex when it comes to brutal strength.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by mumumugu(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2014
If u realy lov ur patner, u will slap him/her once a while- mumumugu said so
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 28, 2014
mumu
mumumugu: If u realy lov ur patner, u will slap him/her once a while- mumumugu said so

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: lols they acknowledge their physical inferiority when it is for their own advantage. It is funny how they argue that woman have a higher pain tolerance and that they're just as good as men, if not better but will never teach women self control.

But why would your friend tear the clothe she was sewing because she kept silent on him. Thats not a mature way to handle things.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 8:04am On Aug 28, 2014
If she hits you first, i don't expect you to stand staring like an Iroko, its called self defense.

Your friend and his wife are special cases, how many sensible men will publicly question their wives disciplinary action. Their issue is deep seated, for the kids to be reporting their mother shows the the family isn't United in any way. Tearing her cloth was a very silly thing to do, they fit themselves.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2014
mumumugu: If u realy lov ur patner, u will slap him/her once a while- mumumugu said so
like seriously?shockedshockedshocked
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:13am On Aug 28, 2014
onirugbon1:

But why would your friend tear the clothe she was sewing because she kept silence on him. Thats not a mature way to handle things.
yea... Neither is hitting your kids like animals the right way to bring them up.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 28, 2014

No sanity loving individual would support violence whether its between a man and a woman or otherwise, but if you hit a man first, you are on your own.

If you are lucky people get to intervene on time you could escape a massive brutality. cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2014
beeevan: If she hits you first, i don't expect you to stand staring like an Iroko, its called self defense.
and in a situation where you can dodge the blows and walk away?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Sequence of Events:

- The Mother slapped the child for ruining her sewing project.
- Child complains to Father.
- The Father undermines the Mother's authority on her handling of their child's discipline in his absence.
- The Mother ignores his "warning" on how she should've handled the situation (not surprising). She retorts that he should take the child with him if her authority is not respected by him.
- Another (unexplained) slap to their second child.
- Father asks why she slapped the second child, again undermining her authority in front of their children.
- Mother ignores him (not surprisingly).
- Father angrily/annoyingly TEARS UP the dress (note: a child "STEPPING" on the dress was what sparked the first slap that started this whole scenario).
- All hell breaks loose! The Mother launches into angry language and delivers a slap to the Father.
- Father has to be held back from slapping her back.

What a sad drama. Meanwhile, I'm sure the children are watching all this, Mmm?

Let me tell you what is glaring to me in this situation. The first thing I noticed was how severely the couple undermined each other's authority. NEVER should you put yourself in a position where your CHILD will pit you against each other. NEVER. The child must see the authority of either parent as supreme and unquestionable. This means not questioning each other in FRONT of the child etc. If ever a parental disagreement occurs, it MUST be sorted out in PRIVATE, away from the eyes and ears of children. As a child, I simply couldn't have gone to daddy to complain about mommy or vice versa. Why? They presented a UNITED front.

Undoubtedly, the Mother should NOT have slapped the Father, but I don't see the good in his slapping her back either (as per the question).

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2014
beeevan: If she hits you first, i don't expect you to stand staring like an Iroko, its called self defense.

Your friend and his wife are special cases, how many sensible men will publicly question their wives disciplinary action. Their issue is deep seated, for the kids to be reporting their mother shows the the family isn't United in any way. Tearing her cloth was a very silly thing to do, they fit themselves.
@bolded I guess he tore the cloth to show her that the well-being of their children is far important than a cloth that might end up being used as rag by thesame children.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by cococandy(f): 8:29am On Aug 28, 2014
In self defense. Yes
Dude don't fold your arms and watch yourself get killed in the name 'gentlemanliness'
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2014
snazzylove: Where are the die-hard feminists, come oo. 'Tory don Land' grin
they won't show up, but if it's a man hitting his wife first....omo na their thread be dat. Dem go just put fire for the whole matter by telling the woman to divorce him without questioning to know what might have led the man to such action which might be the woman's repugnant behavior.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: and in a situation where you can dodge the blows and walk away?

You dodge and walk away, i feel nothing if a woman that chose to act like a tout gets treated like one.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2014
cococandy: In self defense. Yes
Dude don't fold your arms and watch yourself get killed in the name 'gentlemanliness'
check your advice above and ask yourself this question: don't I think most cases of woman bashing by men(which I have kicked against such men) actually had the woman instigating it?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 8:39am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: @bolded I guess he tore the cloth to show her that the well-being of their children is far important than a cloth that might end up being used as rag by thesame children.

Only a man with a loose nut will think that cloth tearing is a means of communication.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by cococandy(f): 8:40am On Aug 28, 2014

If she didn't hit you first,then you've no business hitting her.
I don't know what you're slyly trying to imply.
TribalEAST: check your advice above and ask yourself this question: don't I think most cases of woman bashing by men(which I have kicked against such men) actually had the woman instigating it?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: Sequence of Events:

- The Father undermines the Mother's authority on her handling of their child's discipline in his absence.
- The Mother ignores his "warning" on how she should've handled the situation (not surprising). She retorts that he should take the child with him if she if her authority is respected by him.
- Father asks why she slapped the second child, again undermining her authority in front of their children.
- Father angrily/annoyingly TEARS UP the dress (note: a child "STEPPING" on the dress was what sparked the first slap that started this whole scenario).
- All hell breaks loose! The Mother launches into angry language and delivers a slap to the Father.

Let me tell you what is glaring to me in this situation. The first thing I noticed was how severely the couple undermined each other's authority. NEVER should you put yourself in a position where your CHILD will pit you against each other. NEVER. The child must see the authority of either parent as supreme and unquestionable. This means not questioning each other in FRONT of the child etc. If ever a parental disagreement occurs, it MUST be sorted out in PRIVATE, away from the eyes and ears of children. As a child, I simply couldn't have gone to daddy to complain about mommy or vice versa. Why? They presented a UNITED front.

Undoubtedly, the Mother should NOT have slapped the Father, but I don't see the good in his slapping her back either (as per the question).

the man had set a rule that is to unite them which I "we don't beat our children like animals". If she had kept to that, no matter what the children do, that scenario won't have occurred. She never followed his authority
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 28, 2014
beeevan:

Only a man with a loose nut will think that cloth tearing is a means of communication.
so preserving a potential rag is far better than your kids well-being? Don't you know a slap can turn a kid deaf or even lower his self-esteem? Kids will be kids, not animals.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: Sequence of Events:

- The Mother ignores his "warning" on how she should've handled the situation (not surprising). She retorts that he should take the child with him if she if her authority is respected by him.

Let me tell you what is glaring to me in this situation. The first thing I noticed was how severely the couple undermined each other's authority. NEVER should you put yourself in a position where your CHILD will pit you against each other. NEVER. The child must see the authority of either parent as supreme and unquestionable. If ever a parental disagreement is reached, it MUST be sorted out in PRIVATE, away from the eyes and ears of children. As a child, I simply couldn't have gone to to daddy to complain about mommy or vice versa. Why? They presented a UNITED front.

Undoubtedly, the Mother should NOT have slapped the Father, but I don't see the good his slapping her back either (as per the question).

You have a good analytical mind. The old man asked him if they were having problems before because their reaction was strange. The man said that he had told her many times to get a shop where she will be doing her work but she refused. So one can see that the problem didn't start that day.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2014
cococandy:
If she didn't hit you first,then you've no business hitting her.
I don't know what you're slyly trying to imply.
abuse is abuse, whether physically or verbally. If you abuse someone verbally, you have no right to determine the kind of abuse you get in return. You should look before you leap. Married couples should stay away from abuse.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by beeevan: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2014
TribalEAST: so preserving a potential rag is far better than your kids well-being? Don't you know a slap can turn a kid deaf or even lower his self-esteem? Kids will be kids, not animals.

Deaf and lowered self esteem indeed undecided ,i still insist that the man has a screw or two loose upstairs if he thinks that destroying her work is a means of communication. The foundation of their marriage is faulty, you don't correct a spouse in the presence of a child, ever.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2014
beeevan: Your friend and his wife are special cases, how many sensible men will publicly question their wives disciplinary action. Their issue is deep seated, for the kids to be reporting their mother shows the the family isn't United in any way. Tearing her cloth was a very silly thing to do, they fit themselves.
You are right, there must be something somewhere that we don't know

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are 80% Of Divorces Filed By The Wives? / What Would You Do If Your Daughter Post This On Facebook / Wife Cooks Badly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.