Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,418 members, 7,908,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 10:53 PM

Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? (5305 Views)

Is It Good To Slap Or Hit A Wife Who Has Bad Mouth.?? / 4 Good Reasons For A Man To Hit A Woman / Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 1:32am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:
I disagree with you. I have brothers and I wouldn't want a woman turning any of them into punching bags. If you don't want to be hit, don't hit. Violence against any gender shouldn't be encouraged.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Ryabcool(m): 2:14am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:
I disagree with you. I have brothers and I wouldn't want a woman turning any of them into punching bags. If you don't want to be hit, don't hit. Violence against any gender shouldn't be encouraged.
you dey mind am? I pray she hits the wrong dude so he can whoop the hell outta her.
I do not advocate for violence against women but i believe that if a woman expects to be treated equally with a man when it comes to enjoying perks, then she should also brace up for the full weight of a guy's punch if she dares to attack him first. That is true equality. A man deserves the right to also defend himself when provoked.

Nonsense and ingredients, make she come slap me naa and we'll see if i no go dislocate her hands with immediate alacrity. Mschew! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Whatever is the case,if I hit a man first,I expect he should do the same because I would do the same if it was me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by gabbytabby: 8:47am On Sep 07, 2014
snazzylove: Where are the die-hard feminists, come oo. 'Tory don Land' grin
Come and defend your fellow woman cheesy
defend what violence should never be tolerated. I would look the other way if the husband decides to flog her behind like you do to a child and send her back to her parents for some good home training.

All this violent mama's self.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: Sequence of Events:

- The Mother slapped the child for ruining her sewing project.
- Child complains to Father.
- The Father undermines the Mother's authority on her handling of their child's discipline in his absence.
- The Mother ignores his "warning" on how she should've handled the situation (not surprising). She retorts that he should take the child with him if her authority is not respected by him.
- Another (unexplained) slap to their second child.
- Father asks why she slapped the second child, again undermining her authority in front of their children.
- Mother ignores him (not surprisingly).
- Father angrily/annoyingly TEARS UP the dress (note: a child "STEPPING" on the dress was what sparked the first slap that started this whole scenario).
- All hell breaks loose! The Mother launches into angry language and delivers a slap to the Father.
- Father has to be held back from slapping her back.

What a sad drama. Meanwhile, I'm sure the children are watching all this, Mmm?

Let me tell you what is glaring to me in this situation. The first thing I noticed was how severely the couple undermined each other's authority. NEVER should you put yourself in a position where your CHILD will pit you against each other. NEVER. The child must see the authority of either parent as supreme and unquestionable. This means not questioning each other in FRONT of the child etc. If ever a parental disagreement occurs, it MUST be sorted out in PRIVATE, away from the eyes and ears of children. As a child, I simply couldn't have gone to daddy to complain about mommy or vice versa. Why? They presented a UNITED front.

Undoubtedly, the Mother should NOT have slapped the Father, but I don't see the good in his slapping her back either (as per the question).

Good, y'all just keep showing yourselves like this.
That way boys wey dey market will know who not to put in their house as wife. Mscheeew nonsense undecided

Since when is "Why did you slap our son?" a challenge? It is a fawking question. Abi did you not go to school?
The same way you would ask your husband when he comes back home from work at 2AM in the morning "What happened?/where are you coming from?".
So you are the only one that can "challenge" him, yet he shouldn't "challenge" you abi? It is women like you the Op is talking about.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by kandiikane(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
2buff:

Good, y'all just keep showing yourselves like this.
That way boys wey dey market will know who not to put in their house as wife. Mscheeew nonsense undecided

Since when is "Why did you slap our son?" a challenge? It is a fawking question. Abi did you not go to school?
The same way you would ask your husband when he comes back home from work at 2AM in the morning "What happened?/where are you coming from?".
So you are the only one that can challenge him, yet he shouldn't challenge you abi? It is women like you the Op is talking about.

She is right though however you want to put it she is right. Her point was never about the question asked but how he underminded her authority in front of the children and everyone else. If anything, he could have warned the child to stay clear and listen to what the mother said and could question the wife when they are in private. The guy did not do the right thing and the woman reacted to the situation very badly. They both underminded eachother and showed that they have no respect for eachother especially in public.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
kandiikane:

She is right though however you want to put it she is right. Her point was never about the question asked but how he underminded her authority in front of the children and everyone else. If anything, he could have warned the child to stay clear and listen to what the mother said and could question the wife when they are in private. The guy did not do the right thing and the woman reacted to the situation very badly. They both underminded eachother and showed that they have no respect for eachother especially in public.

Exactly, well said smiley
@2buff you totally missed the point. You're acting like I outlawed the asking of a question lmao. Read the above post, please.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Mprex(f): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
I know that majority will say "NO". I would say "NO" too, reason being that my parents both instilled in me the great sense of honour in how men treat women. They made it very clear to me that hitting a woman is never acceptable.

But now, when I think about how aggressive and obnoxious some women are, and how eager some are to hit, embarrass and humiliate a man, I ll begin to wonder if certain moral responsibilities have their time and place.

Now read my story. I was with my friend and one elderly man yesterday when his son came to complain to him that his mom slapped him for stepping on a dress she was sewing. The man went to his wife and warned her to stop hitting the children like animals. She told him that he should take them with him wherever he is going if he doesn't want her to hit them.

The elderly man called my friend and asked him if they were having any problem before.
He said "no". The man then told him to let her be that maybe something is troubling her.

Within a short time we heard the sound of slap and his other son cried out in pain. We all rushed there to know what happened, the child was on the floor crying so the man asked his wife what happened but she ignored him. In annoyance he tore the the dress she was sewing and all hell broke loose.

She sprang to her feet and slapped the man, the man wanted to hit her back but I was already holding him. Luckily we were able to stop the fight and the man was advised to go away for some time because the words the woman was spewing can awake the demon in any man
==========================

Due to the way I was brought up, I expected the man to display some patience, restraint, and physical resilience of a saint and walk away when the woman refused to talk but what kind of women do we create as a society when we take the now-anachronistic notion that women are special and should not be touched even when they start acting like men. We respect women now more then they were respected 20-50 years ago and the more we respect them, the more they disrespect us.

Seriously I have never witnessed something like that, I have never seen married people engage in a fist fight but after seeing what happened, I'm beginning to believe that some women love violence and should be given a hard-reset.

What do you think?
why did you hold the man You should have let him to give that woman the beatings of her lifeangry

I'll rada go my way than raise my hand @ a man. I mean! I cant even touch my kid bro talk more of someone older than me.

Nawa oh!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by rckdude: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2014
SAMBARRY:
if you are the one sewing a particular clothing for days and the owner has come to threaten fire and brimstone and raise all manner of insult on the tailors head and probably you have almost finished the job which you have been paid for then a child comes to ruin it. Won't you transfer the inbuilt anger on the child. If that child was mine I will slap him his head will hit the wall and insult whoever is coming to interfere.

I am putting myself in that tailors shoe so I understand where she is coming from. She knows the owner of the cloth will not take it easy with her and the so called old man won't be there when she's receiving insults however I don't subscribe to violence. And that is the only thing the woman did wrong but I support every form of insult the man received
You are a scary bitter nagging wife. That is if you are even married. I don't expect any sensible man marrying you.

You definitely sound like someone who could poison her husband. May God help the miserable man that marries you.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by rckdude: 8:40am On Nov 29, 2014
SAMBARRY:
By the way my brother's wife asked me to help her buy cow leg while passing by ipaja today on my way from work and lo and behold while I was at the market buying, a man apparently the husband of one of the sellers dragged a market womanout by her cloth where she was selling her fried rice ingredients. I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought it was a joke not until he brought out cane in the broad day light beating a woman of 38 to 39 years . I was so disgusted . The irritating part of the whole show was that one woman yelled and said what's all this madness all about when you know that you are in the market. The husband acted like he didn't hear and continued beating her and then a young guy who was part of the audience watching the whole drama told the other woman who asking the man to stop being violent saying in yoruba what's your own, is it you they are beating instead of you to mind your wares you are doing gbeborun.

However the only thing that pained me was that my phone battery was dead I didn't charge it if not I for don upload am for this thread . In fact the mental picture is still playing in my head.i would have littered the whole of nl with those pictures showing their faces including the audience. I wonder why our society finds violence entertaining and thrilling. undecided

so many sociopaths around and for those who would want to ask why I didn't interfere. The elders say a wise person doesn't interfere in husband and wife quarrell talk more of total strangers I saw in the market undecided

repulsive lipsrsealed

So what do you call you slapping ur kid around and hitting his head against the wall. If you could do this to your own child, tell me what you would do to your house maid.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
greatgod2012:

but what about the woman who hits his man first

I don't like judging others, but it seems you are not being fair in your judgement.

Violence shouldn't be tolerated from any gender, be it from man or woman........nobody has the right to hit anyone, if you hit first, be ready to be hit back. Enough of hiding under one finger of "afterall she's a woman".
Is a man not a human being also?

It's very simple.............IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HIT, DON'T HIT YOUR MAN FIRST.

He tore something she was sewing without knowing why she smacked the child, in your case that is justifiable? He decided to be irrational and because she is a woman she has to maintain composure but if the woman was the one who destroyed something he was working on, it would be justifiable if he was the on who raised his hand first? His aggresion can never be enough for her to retaliate but her reaction does?

I have a nephew who can be stubborn as ever and sometimes the only thing that will stop him from misbehaving is a little smack on his butt after several warnings. Even if u just give him a little smack he will roll from end of the passage to the other as if you hit him with a baseball bet.

Until he waited for her to tell him what happened he didnt have the right do what he did. Im sorry i dont think destroying what someone else has but all their energy and hardwork into is acting maturely or being rational.

If he had torn whatever she was sewing after she had said something rude to him, then that would have been a different situation altogether
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mprex:

why did you hold the man You should have let him to give that woman the beatings of her lifeangry

I'll rada go my way than raise my hand @ a man. I mean! I cant even touch my kid bro talk more of someone older than me.

Nawa oh!
You blood dey hot oo
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
rckdude:

So what do you call you slapping ur kid around and hitting his head against the wall. If you could do this to your own child, tell me what you would do to your house maid.
my kid is my kid so do yourself a favour and shut the fk up because I can sure as hell do ANYTHING I like under heaven and earth to my kid on my own standards and rules so go to blazes undecided

when you contribute 1kobo to the conception, antenatal morning sickness and delivery of my baby your opinion can matter to me undecided
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Its funny how NL guys expect African women to behave like ladies but there do not even know the first rule to being a gentleman. U want to form Conan the Barbarian but expect nature to bless u with a lady? undecided funny! What will do with someone who has manners when you dont know what it is to have manners yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
rckdude:

You are a scary bitter nagging wife. That is if you are even married. I don't expect any sensible man marrying you.

You definitely sound like someone who could poison her husband. May God help the miserable man that marries you.
when your brainless posts turns to 100million dollars or removes a strand of hair from my head then I'll take your post seriously so as far as I'm concerned your balderdash you call a post can't be taken as something reason-able

you get tongue

next
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Truckpusher(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ladystewie:
it's a great show of cowardice when a man hits a woman. No matter what she does or says, it's no excuse. iF you're looking for someone to figh, go pick on someone your own size
In your own words if a woman should deem it necessary to hit me knowing that I'm physically stronger, I should just fold my hands and cry probably begging her to stop hitting me?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Truckpusher(m): 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mondisweets:
Its funny how NL guys expect African women to behave like ladies but there do not even know the first rule to being a gentleman. U want to form Conan the Barbarian but expect nature to bless u with a lady? undecided funny! What will do with someone who has manners when you dont know what it is to have manners yourself?
It is normal to hit a woman silly,especially on the bom tongue
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
It is normal to hit a woman silly,especially on the bom tongue
if she farts while u are giving her head you have every reason to do so lipsrsealed grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
In your own words if a woman should deem it necessary to hit me knowing that I'm physically stronger, I should just fold my hands and cry probably begging her to stop hitting me?
Or may be you should just stand there and watch her kill you because she is a weaker vessel.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Truckpusher(m): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mondisweets:
if she farts while u are giving her head you have every reason to do so lipsrsealed grin
smh

You haf spoil finish cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
smh

You haf spoil finish cheesy
embarassed its not true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Sad Divorce Story That Will Make You Cry / My Father Wants To Chase Me, My Wife And Kids Out Of The House. / 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.