Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,417 members, 7,908,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 10:37 PM

Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? (5304 Views)

Is It Good To Slap Or Hit A Wife Who Has Bad Mouth.?? / 4 Good Reasons For A Man To Hit A Woman / Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Godmystrength: @Tallesty1, hubby scolds in public and wife disobey in public 1-1, hubby questions wife and wife keeps mute 1-1, hubby tears cloth, wife slaps hubby 1-1. They are all made for each other
kai..... I can't stop laffing
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
onirugbon1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Godmystrenght you are nuts cheesy
as in eeeh!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
onirugbon1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Godmystrenght you are nuts cheesy
in spacegoat's voice, is that an ''insalt''? cheesycheesy
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Akpaumuaka: 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Woman hitting man...pls man bear it cos u have more muscles than she does

Man hitting woman...a no-no.Don't dent her face plss

Woman hitting woman...*hands akimbo*...no comments!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
Godmystrength: in andyblaze's voice, is that an ''insalt''? cheesycheesy
Is Andyblaze the inventor of that word?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: Is Andyblaze the inventor of that word?
i don't know but i think he says it a lot. i think it is spacegoat sef. post edited
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Akpaumuaka: Woman hitting man...pls man bear it cos u have more muscles than she does

Man hitting woman...a no-no.Don't dent her face plss

Woman hitting woman...*hands akimbo*...no comments!
Common sense suggests that the best thing to do when you see someone that is stronger than you is to respect his power and either make friends or let him be.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
@tallesty1 why did you restrain the man? I ask because your immediate action contradicts your line of thinking in the OP. Why didn't you allow him to give her a "hard reset" since you believe she needed one?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
this family is so unique. what i use to hear is: Wife asking hubby questions and nagging, hubby keeps mute, wife tears hubby's cloth, hubby slaps wife. Everybody blames wife. So why is their own diff? cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
@EnlightenedSoul- maybe Tallesty1 had witnessed one of their fights before where it was his friend that ended up getting the hard reset. He was only trying to protect his friend.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: @tallesty1 why did you restrain the man? I ask because your immediate action contradicts your line of thinking in the OP. Why didn't you allow him to give her a "hard reset" since you believe she needed one?
The hard reset part was just a thought. That's not me. If you check the post you will see where I said that "Due to the way I was brought up, I expected the man to show patience, restraint.........". But when I was alone I started thinking, for how long will he walk away? A real man does hit a woman, thats true! But does a real woman chase his man away from his house? I suggested hard reset because it seems like the more you preach peace, the more she disrespects you.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yes o and I still insist that the woman was very right because she wanted to pass several none verbal messages

1. I slapped him again so what do you want to do about it . Obviously you can't do sh1t
2. The boy will understand that if I beat him and he runs to his father for defence his dad will do nada.the highest he can do is to sulk and vent

onirugbon1:

hehehehe I understand you perfectly. Nobody can dictate to you not to correct your boy especially in Nigeria where necessary laws concerning this are not provided.

but that is not the issue.

The issue is that the woman transferred aggression on the boy and slapped him a second time, knowing that it would infuriate the father. You are a woman and you know damn well that that second slap was born out of sheer anger, retaliation and bitterness. I just don't see why you should defend such bad parenting.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: Calm down dear, this is not between you and I, ok?? I'm not your husband.
of course am calm.the man was supposed to mind his damn business undecided

I love my kids and kids generally no doubt but I hate destructive kids
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
By the way my brother's wife asked me to help her buy cow leg while passing by ipaja today on my way from work and lo and behold while I was at the market buying, a man apparently the husband of one of the sellers dragged a market womanout by her cloth where she was selling her fried rice ingredients. I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought it was a joke not until he brought out cane in the broad day light beating a woman of 38 to 39 years . I was so disgusted . The irritating part of the whole show was that one woman yelled and said what's all this madness all about when you know that you are in the market. The husband acted like he didn't hear and continued beating her and then a young guy who was part of the audience watching the whole drama told the other woman who asking the man to stop being violent saying in yoruba what's your own, is it you they are beating instead of you to mind your wares you are doing gbeborun.

However the only thing that pained me was that my phone battery was dead I didn't charge it if not I for don upload am for this thread . In fact the mental picture is still playing in my head.i would have littered the whole of nl with those pictures showing their faces including the audience. I wonder why our society finds violence entertaining and thrilling. undecided

so many sociopaths around and for those who would want to ask why I didn't interfere. The elders say a wise person doesn't interfere in husband and wife quarrell talk more of total strangers I saw in the market undecided

repulsive lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 2:27am On Aug 29, 2014
Tallesty1: The hard reset part was just a thought. That's not me. If you check the post you will see where I said that "Due to the way I was brought up, I expected the man to show patience, restraint.........". But when I was alone I started thinking, for how long will he walk away? A real man does hit a woman, thats true! But does a real woman chase his man away from his house? I suggested hard reset because it seems like the more you preach peace, the more she disrespects you.

Ok. I get you.
Complacency gained through violence = fear, not newfound respect.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 6:39am On Aug 29, 2014
SAMBARRY: of course am calm.the man was supposed to mind his damn business undecided

I love my kids and kids generally no doubt but I hate destructive kids
I don't think the kids are destructive, the first slap was for "stepping" on the clothes. I don't think that will destroy anything.
We don't know what lead to the second "hit". She didn't tell us, the kid couldn't because he was crying.

That said, an adult should have self-control and the woman lacks it. I'm not being judgemental here, just stating facts. It is also clear that she doesn't respect the man and cloth is more important to her than her children. I think that was the reason the man decided to destroy the dress. Children must be children and you don't even know their ages.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 6:43am On Aug 29, 2014
SAMBARRY: By the way my brother's wife asked me to help her buy cow leg while passing by ipaja today on my way from work and lo and behold while I was at the market buying, a man apparently the husband of one of the sellers dragged a market womanout by her cloth where she was selling her fried rice ingredients. I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought it was a joke not until he brought out cane in the broad day light beating a woman of 38 to 39 years . I was so disgusted . The irritating part of the whole show was that one woman yelled and said what's all this madness all about when you know that you are in the market. The husband acted like he didn't hear and continued beating her and then a young guy who was part of the audience watching the whole drama told the other woman who asking the man to stop being violent saying in yoruba what's your own, is it you they are beating instead of you to mind your wares you are doing gbeborun.

However the only thing that pained me was that my phone battery was dead I didn't charge it if not I for don upload am for this thread . In fact the mental picture is still playing in my head.i would have littered the whole of nl with those pictures showing their faces including the audience. I wonder why our society finds violence entertaining and thrilling. undecided

so many sociopaths around and for those who would want to ask why I didn't interfere. The elders say a wise person doesn't interfere in husband and wife quarrell talk more of total strangers I saw in the market undecided

repulsive lipsrsealed
The man is just a shameless id1ot, simple! I don't wana know what the woman did because no reason can justify his actions.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by SAMBARRY: 6:50am On Aug 29, 2014
And that's why the kid became the scapegoat. Transfered aggression used to communicate saying yeah I slapped him again what do you want to do about it
Tallesty1: I don't think the kids are destructive, the first slap was for "stepping" on the clothes. I don't think that will destroy anything.
We don't know what lead to the second "hit". She didn't tell us, the kid couldn't because he was crying.

That said, an adult should have self-control and the woman lacks it. I'm not being judgemental here, just stating facts. It is also clear that she doesn't respect the man and cloth is more important to her than her children. I think that was the reason the man decided to destroy the dress. Children must be children and you don't even their ages.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by crackhaus: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2014
What are you guys even arguing here? undecided
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by cococandy(f): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2014
Me sef confuse
crackhaus: What are you guys even arguing here? undecided
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by snazzylove: 11:48am On Aug 29, 2014
@Godmystrength, I no just wan comment on your comment grin. You are just attacking left right and centre, no single soul spared cheesy

In a nutshell, that family is a HITTING family.
Mother hit son
Mother hit hubby
Hubby tried to hit wifey
Next time...
Son maybe hitting daddy or mummy, either way there will always be hitiing going on there.
*dodges a blow* shocked na wao. Make una see my head oo abeg. *runs off* grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Odunharry(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
cococandy: In self defense. Yes
Dude don't fold your arms and watch yourself get killed in the name 'gentlemanliness'
gbam
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
snazzylove: @Godmystrength, I no just wan comment on your comment grin. You are just attacking left right and centre, no single soul spared cheesy

In a nutshell, that family is a HITTING family.
Mother hit son
Mother hit hubby
Hubby tried to hit wifey
Next time...
Son maybe hitting daddy or mummy, either way there will always be hitiing going on there.
*dodges a blow* shocked na wao. Make una see my head oo abeg. *runs off* grin
True that.
When we were young, if one parent beats you, who born you to go and report to the other parent if you will not earn more beating. Even when it is so obvious that a punishment is too much, the other will only beg the ''punisher'' to tamper justice with mercy ni o and then scold the hell out of the ''punishee''. We no dey know how them dey take settle their issues.....
How can your mother finish SLAPPING you for something and you still went back near her shocked to receive another RESOUNDING SLAP grin grin
How can you SLAP a child so much that the child fell down shocked shocked and the ECHO of the SLAP was HEARD OUTSIDE shocked shocked
How can you be questioning your spouse on how/why he/she discipline a child, in the PRESENCE of the CHILD shocked shocked and OUTSIDERS shocked shocked
How can you TEAR shocked shocked the cloth your wife is sewing because she kept MUTE shocked shocked shocked
How can you SLAP shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked your HUSBAND for whatsoever reason?
nonsense nonsense nonsense...
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by snazzylove: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
In Femi Kuti's voice, plenty nonsense dey 4 Nigeriaaa...
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: True that.
When we were young, if one parent beats you, who born you to go and report to the other parent if you will not earn more beating. Even when it is so obvious that a punishment is too much, the other will only beg the ''punisher'' to tamper justice with mercy ni o and then scold the hell out of the ''punishee''. We no dey know how them dey take settle their issues.....
How can your mother finish SLAPPING you for something and you still went back near her shocked to receive another RESOUNDING SLAP grin grin
How can you SLAP a child so much that the child fell down shocked shocked and the ECHO of the SLAP was HEARD OUTSIDE shocked shocked
How can you be questioning your spouse on how/why he/she discipline a child, in the PRESENCE of the CHILD shocked shocked and OUTSIDERS shocked shocked
How can you TEAR shocked shocked the cloth your wife is sewing because she kept MUTE shocked shocked shocked
How can you SLAP shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked your HUSBAND for whatsoever reason?
nonsense nonsense nonsense...
lols, who do we blame then?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Tallesty1: lols, who do we blame then?
the visitors ni grin grin for doing gbeborun grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: the visitors ni grin grin for doing gbeborun grin
hahahhahahahaha. But person for kpai if the visitor no dey dia.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
OP, I don't understand you at all. The principle is no real man hits a woman no matter what. Anything else is moot. At the height of it, walk away.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Godmystrength: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
Tallesty1: hahahhahahahaha. But person for kpai if the visitor no dey dia.
then slapping things go end now abi. End of discussion.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Tallesty1(m): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
freshdude2: OP, I don't understand you at all. The principle is no real man hits a woman no matter what. Anything else is moot. At the height of it, walk away.
Really? Even when his life is threatened?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by Ishilove: 12:44am On Sep 05, 2014
Ladystewie: it's a great show of cowardice when a man hits a woman. No matter what she does or says, it's no excuse. iF you're looking for someone to figh, go pick on someone your own size
I disagree with you. I have brothers and I wouldn't want a woman turning any of them into punching bags. If you don't want to be hit, don't hit. Violence against any gender shouldn't be encouraged.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable To Hit A Woman?? by raumdeuter: 12:57am On Sep 05, 2014
freshdude2: OP, I don't understand you at all. The principle is no real man hits a woman no matter what. Anything else is moot. At the height of it, walk away.

Silly statement. If a woman holds a knife or gun and threatens you harm and you can overpower her by hitting, Just dont do anything and claim your chivalry to the grave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Sad Divorce Story That Will Make You Cry / My Father Wants To Chase Me, My Wife And Kids Out Of The House. / 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.