Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,788 members, 7,972,823 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:17 PM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (487637 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 2:44am On Oct 04, 2008
Agaba nwa mama, emerem gi gini ijiri akpom edugirl as opposed to edygirl grin grin. well thanks tho for helping onyinye .

@onyinye, I am happy for your interest in learning Igbo language.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by plusQueen: 2:50am On Oct 04, 2008
edygirl kedu kwanu?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 2:55am On Oct 04, 2008
Adi m mma nwanne m nwanyi. I wish you a happy wkend.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2008
edugirl ka mma n'onu m.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2008
edygirl:

@onyinye, I am happy for your interest in learning Igbo language.
I meela. kiss

So anyways agaba. . . . . I just need one more translation and I will be ready(I hope) to recite my verse.
Oka, here it goes,

Broke:
"He, 'broke' it and gave it to the disciples. . . "
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2008
Ndi Igbo Hi!!!

Hi edygirl, long time no see
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2008
onyinye2:

Broke:
"He, 'broke' it and gave it to the disciples. . . "
O wee kewaa ya (BROKE IT) ye ndi na eso uzo ya.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2008
Igbo wu Igbo mma mma nu.

Agaba onye nkuzi A ana m ekele.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2008
oziomatv:

I meela. wink

Oka so I'm now double checking my translations and it sounds sort of strange. Like a part of the verse says "Drink from it, all of you". So the part that says "Drink" in that context. . . . do I say/write "inu" or is that the wrong tense of the word?

Same with the word "for". Is there a specific word for it, or does the context determine its translation?
Ex.
"For forgiveness of sins"
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2008
For forgiveness of sin
Maka(for) mgbahara(to forgive) mmehe (sin)

To drink =inu
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2008
oziomatv:

For forgiveness of sin
Maka(for) mgbahara(to forgive)  mmehe (sin)

To drink =inu
Thank you so much. kiss

I just have one more question, when it comes for the time for me to recite my verse. . . . there is part of the verse that goes,
"fruit of the vine. . ." So when it comes time to say "vine" do I say it in english or is there an Igbo word for it?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2008
In Igbo we say Vine= Mmanya vine. mmanya mean alcoholic drink then you specifies it with the one you're refering to (vine)
While soft drink can go this way=ihe onunu
Note this: In onunu the 2N there has to bear a - on top to diferenciate it fom a normal N, only that my key boad can't write it well.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2008
I'll help if you need help.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2008
Thank you Thank you Thank you so much you guys. kiss

I have my verse fully translated in to Igbo. So now the only problem is me hopefully pronouncing the words correctly and actually getting the confidence to do it. Cause I am so NOT confident when it comes to speaking Igbo. In fact I try and not speak it at all because I know I will NEVER sound/speak like a native speaker, I mean it aint gonna happen. So anyways, yal just wish me good luck and pray that I dont bail out when the time comes.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by onyinye2(f): 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2008
oziomatv:

I'll help if you need help.
Awww. . . . geez. . . . Thanks. I really don't want to bother yall in me asking for all these translations. But if you have to time, could tell me how you would write,
"From now on"

and,

"With"
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2008
From now on
site ugbua ga n'ihu.

With= Na
And=Na
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2008
From now on
site ugbua ga n'ihu. or Site ugbua na aga
With= Na
And=Na
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ifyalways(f): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2008
lol
Ndi nkuzi na umu akwukwo cheesy
Deme nu cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ChinenyeN(m): 5:09am On Oct 05, 2008
Igbo ekelee m unu o! Olee otu unu di?

Onyinye2, kedi ka i mere? Biko, deekwara anyi ntughari nke gi ka anyi guo ya, mara ihe o yiri. It's nice that you're gathering up the courage to do what you plan on doing. . . Gwere ya gawa (ma oburu ndi Ngwa).

And with that, alabawala m. Ura na atu m nga m no. Ndeewo nu o! Igbo ga adiriri!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by romeo(m): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2008
oziomatv:

O wee kewaa ya nye ndi ozi ya (Ndi Ozi = disciples = 12 apostles) (Ndi na eso uzo ya = 70 disciples or followers)
was the broken something the last supper bread or the fish that he broke to feed the thounsands?

oziomatv:

For forgiveness of sin
Maka(for) mgbahara(to forgive)  mmehe (sin)

To drink =inu

Maka mgbaghara mmehe

To drink = Iñu (onyinye Ñ like in Spanish)
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 8:39am On Oct 05, 2008
Thanks Romeo, but my keyboard can't write that N

Mgbaghara and mgbahara are the same depend on the acent you're using, You know Anambara and Imo has a different acent of Igbo language besides it's Imo state that speak correct central Igbo.

romeo:

O wee kewaa ya nye ndi ozi ya (Ndi Ozi = disciples) (Ndi na eso uzo ya = followers

I think we're talking the same thing there.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by romeo(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2008
oziomatv:

Thanks Romeo, but my keyboard can't write that N

Mgbaghara and mgbahara are the same depend on the acent you're using, You know Anambara and Imo has a different acent of Igbo language besides it's Imo state that speak correct central Igbo.

I think we're talking the same thing there.

Well i am not from either states!! Enugu kwenu!!!!!!!!!! In central igbo it's "mgbaghara"

The apostles are called "Ndi Ozi" in Igbo Bible
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by oziomatv(m): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2008
romeo:

Well i am not from either states!! Enugu kwenu!!!!!!!!!! In central igbo it's "mgbaghara"

The apostles are called "Ndi Ozi" in Igbo Bible
Then what about "ndi na-eso uzo kiristi" it still written in the same Bible, mgbo Romeo.

I was born in Enugu too Emene(wawa people) but origin Mbaise Imo state.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by romeo(m): 10:20am On Oct 05, 2008
Kedu ihe a na-akpo "acts of the apostles" na akwukwo nso? "Oru ndi ozi" ka o bu "Oru ndi na-eso uzo kristi"?

Ndi Imo State(ala wu otu)
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 10:57am On Oct 05, 2008
igbo izugbe
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ifyalways(f): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2008
apostles=Ndi ozi
disciples=ndi na eso uzo ya
onye o bula nwere ike ibu "onye na eso uzo" but nani mmadi iri na abuo bu "ndi ozi " Jisos. cool
@Imo steeti na "igbo izugbe" rotflmao
Onyi Bekke,bia koro anyi ka o siri mmee na ulo uka unu tata cheesy cheesy
@all Izu uka ohuru oma.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ezeagu(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2008
Bantu and Kwa peoples Kwenu!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by toshmann(m): 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2008
[center][size=13pt]special announcement[/size][/center]

igbo union of greater miami valley
p.o.box 751832
dayton, OH 45475-1832

u are cordially invited to the 3rd annual Igbo Day Celebration/Fundraising for igbo union cultural center in Dayton,Ohio

date:saturday, october 25 2008
time:6.00pm till . . . .okokorokooooooooo . . .(dawn . . ekwenkugba wink )

venue: multi purpose hall, st benedicts the moor catholic church, 519 liscum drive, dayton, ohio 45427

come one, come all

tickets $20.00 for adults. children <18yrs free, umumgboto will enter on toshmann scholarship cheesy

special features: igbo cultural dance, keynote speech, masquerades,igbo cuisine(ugba and okporoko, moi-moi, isi-ewu and amu-nkita)

RSVP
Dr Chigbo Udoh (president- 937 436 3399) Mr Cyril Ibe (secretary 937 832 2728) Mr Ike Osudoh (publicity secretary 937 854 6019) Mr Toshmann Nwa Mama (internet ambassador 937 419 0419)

oji ngaji eri, chetakwa onye ji aka. onye aghala nwanne ya, nwanne di n'amba . ya gazie cheesy
publicity secretary internet co-ordinator
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ifyalways(f): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2008
ha Tosh
mmadu anaghi ama mgbe i di serious cheesy cheesy cheesy
so ihe e jiri mara gi live bu Tosh nwa mama? tongue akara ekwe nti gi dikwa egwu undecided
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by agaba123(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2008
anu a na-agba egbe O na-acho condom. Udo diri gi
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by jennykadri: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2008
toshmann:

[center][size=13pt]special announcement[/size][/center]

igbo union of greater miami valley
p.o.box 751832
dayton, OH 45475-1832

u are cordially invited to the 3rd annual Igbo Day Celebration/Fundraising for igbo union cultural center in Dayton,Ohio

date:saturday, october 25 2008
time:6.00pm till . . . .okokorokooooooooo . . .(dawn . . ekwenkugba wink )

venue: multi purpose hall, st benedicts the moor catholic church, 519 liscum drive, dayton, ohio 45427

come one, come all

tickets $20.00 for adults. children <18yrs free, umumgboto will enter on toshmann scholarship cheesy

special features: igbo cultural dance, keynote speech, masquerades,igbo cuisine(ugba and okporoko, moi-moi, isi-ewu and amu-nkita)

RSVP
Dr Chigbo Udoh (president- 937 436 3399) Mr Cyril Ibe (secretary 937 832 2728) Mr Ike Osudoh (publicity secretary 937 854 6019) Mr Toshmann Nwa Mama (internet ambassador 937 419 0419)

oji ngaji eri, chetakwa onye ji aka. onye aghala nwanne ya, nwanne di n'amba . ya gazie cheesy
publicity secretary internet co-ordinator

LMAO

tosh aburu na unu ge si amu nkita,na i'ke agu,anama biakwaa
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ifyalways(f): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2008
ole ebe ha no?
Tosh bia kowa this your invitation?o nani umu asa ka i na eme invite ? cheesy
@all,ndu mmiri,ndu azu !

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.