Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,121 members, 7,943,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft (35516 Views)

Boko Haram: We Dont Need US War Aircraft Our Witchcraft can take On The Fight. / Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife / Boko Haram To Get War Aircraft Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by rusher14: 11:31am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

Nigerians can be funny really.

The bolded has to be a joke of some sort. is it?

this doesn't have anything to do with black man mentality but reality. now lets see. assuming we want to start weapons development.
involving higher institutions isn't the first step.

The education system would need a complete overhaul to start with.
Teachers, needs to be retrained
There must be enough infrastructure to support development
There must be financial asses to keep development going
The markets must be there (u cant just create weapons and use them alone, u have to sell or it wont be profitable)

This is just to mention a few

I can start telling you how those list cant even be achieved in the the next 20 years not to talk of 40.

You cant just throw few millions into those glorified high schools and expect them to come up with a missile. apart from the fact that is wishful thinking, the quality of graduates and teachers cant support that kind of ideas.

Your ideas are what actually makes people think the black people cant do this kinds of things not mine. u seem to be living in Utopia. Are u?

Law of engineering my foot!

A country that resists state police would be orchestrating a weapons development course in her Universities?

If wishes were horses....

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by cirmuell(m): 11:32am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

I can build a satellite if i have the time. it is not hard to do. students build mini satellites for fun with Iphone processors and scrap metals from the junk yard and pay few bucks to get it launched. the shelf life are usually small thou because it doesn't have advance power(they use cell batteries most times)
The way to know how sophisticated it is by knowing the components and capabilities. will it carry advance optics? infrared? what is the shelf life? how fast is it?how advance is the processor? what is the purpose etc.

That is nothing special in being the first to launch it because countries like south Africa etc can do it as well in a hear beat but maybe they would rather just buy it abroad. After all even if Nigeria is to launch it, they will still have buy a space time abroad and send it to space from a foreign country or are we developing advanced rockets to send it to space as well?

Those kind of white elephant project can be used to bamboozle gullible Nigerians not the well informed ones.

good luck to them.
you don't have the facts, so you have no right to downplay it.
We bought the first one, the second was jointly built. This third will be solely built by Nigerian engineers

It is no big deal in your eyes but until your so called S.A builds it own, it is a big deal to us.
ntil

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 25, 2014
My guy, Mrknowitall is here!

Get in line, Marine - and educate us. grin

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 25, 2014
Aigbofa:

If you already knew then you should also know that ISIS is just al Qaeda with territorial ambition. They are extremists from several countries not just Syria. Al qaeda does not depend on the the U.S for weapons in my opinion.
The worldwide migration of extremist became attractive only when the resident insurgents scored major points using the primary arms they were supplied. Without the provision of arms by US to the 'moderate opposition fighters', ISIS would have remained on incubation, as it was. Whether the 'moderate syrian opposition' were overpowered and weapons taken away from them as some school of thoughts opined, truth is, without supply of those weapons, ISIS would have remained unappealing.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by cirmuell(m): 11:34am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

Lol I don't need to have the facts. If those stuffs i listed were sophisticated enough, we would have heard it by now!
lol, time will tell, the first two mentions was a mistake. I was typing in haste. Check the last mention.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Vivipedia: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Nigeria needs help. Also visit: www.vivipedia.com
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

That's what they don't understand. Folks watch too much TV and see words, off the bat, believe that's how America and other countries work...without getting themselves acquainted with other things the complement the privatisation drive with to appease the people.

Also, rather than hold the govt responsible for not doing what it's meant to do, and paid for to do with the country's sovereign wealth - they believe selling all the country's assets without getting anything in return is the progressive way. I just don't understand the mentality of the people.

It is the MTN effect, Nitel poor, MTN good = Privatisation >>>>> "Publictisations". Simpletons.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 11:40am On Sep 25, 2014
cirmuell: lol, time will tell, the first two mentions was a mistake. I was typing in haste. Check the last mention.

i saw the last one.

Germany, Japan and most EU countries have the capability of building a nuke within few months but they are not doing it. that doesn't mean North Korea with nukes is technological advanced.

Everything is about significance. White elephants projects are used to distract gullible people. The first question you people should be asking is "what was the advantages of the previous one that was launched and how has it impacted the nations defense and infrastructure" . Not trying to claim "first" when there is no prize for the winner.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by greall1: 11:40am On Sep 25, 2014
Never trust america.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

Nigerians can be funny really.

The bolded has to be a joke of some sort. is it?

this doesn't have anything to do with black man mentality but reality. now lets see. assuming we want to start weapons development.
involving higher institutions isn't the first step.

The education system would need a complete overhaul to start with.
Teachers, needs to be retrained
There must be enough infrastructure to support development
There must be financial asses to keep development going
The markets must be there (u cant just create weapons and use them alone, u have to sell or it wont be profitable)

This is just to mention a few

I can start telling you how those list cant even be achieved in the the next 20 years not to talk of 40.

You cant just throw few millions into those glorified high schools and expect them to come up with a missile. apart from the fact that is wishful thinking, the quality of graduates and teachers cant support that kind of ideas.

Your ideas are what actually makes people think the black people cant do this kinds of things not mine. u seem to be living in Utopia. Are u?

Law of engineering my foot!

You are the funny one here

China India Korea Iran etc never had the best universities when they started but today are churning out world class weapons.

When India Pakistan and China developed nuclear bombs, their higher institutions were not world class

North Korea university is nothing to write home about but today have tested 2 nuclear bombs

Your comments reveal you are not an engineering-technologist

Am sure if you are the mother of Emeagwali, Innoson etc you would have killed their engineering-technological spirit.

Pls return back to the kitchen you do not understand how technology works

JONATHAN give our higher institutions an opportunity to prove themselves.

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutions InWeaponsDevelopment

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2014
hercules07:

It is the MTN effect, Nitel poor, MTN good = Privatisation >>>>> "Publictisations". Simpletons.

Lmao...so much that they had to privatise national ID cards. What's next? - privatise the people and sell them into slavery. grin

Heck, some clownish cowboy and a rogue came up with Africapitalism (I laughed so hard when I saw this earlier this year)...pathetic, I must say.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:43am On Sep 25, 2014
BlackTechnology:

China India Korea Iran etc never had the best universities when they started but today are churning out world class weapons.

When India Pakistan and China developed nuclear bombs, their higher institutions were not world class

North Korea university is nothing to write home about but today have tested 2 nuclear bombs

Am sure if you are the mother of Emeagwali, Innoson etc you would have killed their engineering-technological spirit.

Please read up on those countries before spouting nonsense, China that has been around for over 3000 years, the Persians, the Indians did not have great universities? Please remove Emeagwali from that list, the guy is a fraud, Innoson is a business man, he is no better than the Alaba boys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by bnovative(m): 11:44am On Sep 25, 2014
RockMaxi:

Guy forget that thing wey you yarn for here, try and read properly and go back to make research on America's resolution on "Baga Bloody day" and you will know that America is not sincere on this.
Obama wants to frustrate Gej for not supporting gays.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by drshrewd: 11:45am On Sep 25, 2014
GEJ has so far succeeded in making Nigeria a laughing stock

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:45am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao...so much that they had to privatise national ID cards. What's next? - privatise the people and sell them into slavery. grin

Heck, some clownish cowboy and a rogue came up with Africapitalism (I laughed so hard when I saw this earlier this year)...pathetic, I must say.

Nigerians who travel out and return to the country and are able to live in the country and continue with the same crazy attitude are certifiable loons, heck, a cat's life is worth more in some countries than a human life in naija. We should stop getting Finance Ministers from the World bank, their ideas benefit the 1 percent. I do not even know Okonjo's ideology, apart from borrowing money for recurrent activities.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by cirmuell(m): 11:47am On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

i saw the last one.

Germany, Japan and most EU countries have the capability of building a nuke within few months but they are not doing it. that doesn't mean North Korea with nukes is technological advanced.

Everything is about significance. White elephants projects are used to distract gullible people. The first question you people should be asking is "what was the advantages of the previous one that was launched and how has it impacted the nations defense and infrastructure" . Not trying to claim "first" when there is no prize for the winner.
there you go again. The first was faulty.
the second has been in service ever since, defence...maybe not, but infrastructure don't go there. I don't need to spell it out to you.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by GuyFawkes: 11:52am On Sep 25, 2014
hercules07:

Please read up on those countries before spouting nonsense, China that has been around for over 3000 years, the Persians, the Indians did not have great universities? Please remove Emeagwali from that list, the guy is a fraud, Innoson is a business man, he is no better than the Alaba boys.

You'll know some Nigerian youths are fed some shit inducing dogma when in this day and age people still mention Emeagwali grin grin grin
The dudes been outed as a fraud for years now.
Seriously!!!

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2014
rusher14:

A country that resists state police would be orchestrating a weapons development course in her Universities?

If wishes were horses....

Point of correction

South and MB states supported state police in the CONFAB

That is why they agreed that any state that wants state police can have it

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2014
BlackTechnology:

You keep coming up with ridiculous claims .

China's Nuclear bombs were developed using the Soviet blueprints and has nothing to do with their "schools"
In fact , china keep stealing foreign technology to perfect their weapons systems till date and most of the advanced weapons are knock offs. Besides, after the US started having a good relationship with China, the first thing they did was a huge technology transfer to china to help build its infrastructure.

China is still way behind in Missile technology, they cant even come up with a deterrent yet.

Pakistan on the other hand developed there weapon with the help of the United states, they didn't come up with the tech by themselves.

North Korea is not worth mentioning.

Lol @ return to the kitchen. Those lines are for weak men that hide behind their gender when they don't have anything reasonable to say

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 4lashyme: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2014
cirmuell: you don't have the facts, so you have no right to downplay it.

It is no big deal in your eyes but until

You should not sound the way u do. Science and technology is not magic. it's simple application of physical mathematical laws. what is the difference between drones and Auto-pilot? it's simple application. If the guy understands it and u don't, it's not his fault. u should even comend him for breaking down such complex concept into something we can relate.

Don't take this the wrong way. smiley
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by SpencerLewis(m): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2014
Mogidi:

Is the above not a hint they ordered Israel not to deal with us?

@Mogidi u clownish blind supporters of this corrupted govt will never stop amusing me for once. The most annoying part of the whole blind support is the way foolish Igbo brothers of mine carry the whole nonsense for head as if GEJ is an Igbo, thereby alienating we the Igbos more and more away from the rest of the other ethnic group. we will realize the mistakes we are making after GEJ's tenure. The last thing an Ijaw man will do is to support an Igbo man for anything. see how they treat us in their territories. Many of them vowed that they will never sell land to an Igbo man who will develop it and turn their area to Igbo territory. As the election approaches now, u start to hear funy names like 'Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan' and foolish Igbos will be jubilating as if one of their own is around.
Back to the thread. If USA will not sell weapon and will also prevent their allies e.g, israel from doing so, what stops Nigeria from procuring weapons from Russia? India purchase 75% of their weapons from Russia, same with China and many other Asian and non USA ally countires. And i bet u, their weapon will be cheaper than that of USA and similar if not more deadly than USA's own. Or will USA stop Russia from selling to us too? The truth about the USD9.3m seized in RSA is that they were laundering the money as usual or using it to purchase light arms for 2015. The desperation of GEJ for rigging himself back is unprecedented in history of Nigeria and can be compared to Mugabe's own desperation.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2014
cirmuell: there you go again. The first was faulty.
the second has been in service ever since, defence...maybe not, but infrastructure don't go there. I don't need to spell it out to you.

spell it out. thats the point
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by buoye1(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2014
Soneh:
will read later when I'm done with my exam
So na wetin make u quote the whole story be thatOMO!!!Na wa to U o!gringrin
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2014
hercules07:

Nigerians who travel out and return to the country and are able to live in the country and continue with the same crazy attitude are certifiable loons, heck, a cat's life is worth more in some countries than a human life in naija. We should stop getting Finance Ministers from the World bank, their ideas benefit the 1 percent. I do not even know Okonjo's ideology, apart from borrowing money for recurrent activities.

A lot of these folks work for their own personal interests and the interests of certain organisations they represent, and not the country and its people. There's nothing bad in getting a professional who can do the job. The UK got a Canadian, Mark Carney, to fix the economy and Bank of England, based on his antecedents. And I'd say he has done a far better job than Mervyn King.

However, the woman running the show in naija is a Rockefeller Foundation mole. And she's serving their interests. Regardless, there are tons of upstanding Nigerians out there who will help if the environment is sane, and they're allowed to do their jobs in a professional manner. But the consciousness in the country, based on what I'm privy to on the web (not a good yardstick) isn't ripe for that. A lot of Nigerians can't see beyond their nostrils and they don't understand anything that isn't black and white.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Arosa(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2014
donroxy: It is not US fault , no sane nation will put her defence machineries in the hand of another nation .....

In the present days of Insurgency/Terrorism ravaging every part of the world , we should not fold our hands and wait to be consumed before we go out there to develop and procure our defence/attack Military Gadgets !!

Especially, we need to start looking inward , we have engineers, Chemist, physicists among many scientists and raw intelligents on streets lying idle doing nothing ..... But if we sponsor this people's effort on research and development , verily, we shall have a sophisticated Military tools of our own that can withstand time .... The only one we may not have is Nuclear (Cuz they won't allow us) !!

But ........ Hmmmm , we keep waiting on Russia, China, US, India, ZA, Isreal even the security of our president, is in the hands of Foreign Nations ...... The time has come to stop protecting ourselves against ourselves , we should start protecting ourselves against the world !!!

I like the way you think.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Captain3star(m): 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nigeria is not dead yet, you and me can change the situation if we know what is a right we should practically fight for it. The NA is having weapons for territorial battle but insurgents make use of gorilla tacticts however, the success you are witnessing is the application territorial battle by the BH which they can not compete with the NA.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Objektive: 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
YOU ARE RIGHT ON SPOT LAGOS STATE HAS ALMOST BEEN SOLD TO ONE MAN AND GULLIBLE NIGERIANS ARE CLAPPING FOR THEM

shymexx:

Yes, a lot of folks are paid.

But a lot of Nigerians also spout nonsense. They watch too much MSM.

Aren't Nigerians the same ones who actually believe the naija army that can't defeat BH, the best in Africa? The government is a reflection of the people, and those throwing junk out there know how gullible the folks are.

These are the same folks who don't even care about how they're governed, and they believe the government selling all the country's assets off to their cronies under the disguise of privatisation is the best thing since slice bread. The same folks who don't even know what they're entitled to as a people.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by lanrefront1(m): 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Billyonaire: It is easy to believe USA and disbelieve our Presidency, after all we believe the Bible and Koran more than our native gods. After all, they have white skin and our President is black. When are we gonna learn of America's antics ? 6 months ago, US send arms to 'Moderate Syrian Opposition', now that same group is called ISIS. Before then Lybia rebels were funded, and that's where the arms come from.

Make we hear word jare.

This Presidency/Administration is corrupt beyond imagination and does not have the interest of Nigerians at heart. So its not that Nigerians trust US, but we know that our government may most probably be lying or distorting the truth in order to cover up for itself.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

A lot of these folks work for their own personal interests and the interests of certain organisations they represent, and not the country and its people. There's nothing bad in getting a professional who can do the job. The UK got a Canadian, Mark Carney, to fix the economy and Bank of England, based on his antecedents. And I'd say he has done a far better job than Mervyn King.

However, the woman running the show in naija is a Rockefeller Foundation mole. And she's serving their interests. Regardless, there are tons of upstanding Nigerians out there who will help if the environment is sane, and they're allowed to do their jobs in a professional manner. But the consciousness in the country, based on what I'm privy to on the web (not a good yardstick) isn't ripe for that. A lot of Nigerians can't see beyond their nostrils and they don't understand anything that isn't black and white.

whats with the mole i keep seeing in every thing you write ?

watching too much 24?
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Missy89:

You keep coming up with ridiculous claims .

China's Nuclear bombs were developed using the Soviet blueprints and has nothing to do with their "schools"
In fact , china keep stealing foreign technology to perfect their weapons systems till date and most of the advanced weapons are knock offs. Besides, after the US started having a good relationship with China, the first thing they did was a huge technology transfer to china to help build its infrastructure.

China is still way behind in Missile technology, they cant even come up with a deterrent yet.

Pakistan on the other hand developed there weapon with the help of the United states, they didn't come up with the tech by themselves.

North Korea is not worth mentioning.

Lol @ return to the kitchen. Those lines are for weak men that hides behind their gender when they don't have anything reasonable to say

You are damn funny

After the second world war, US never reveal the nuclear bomb technology to Russia until traitor scientist gave Russia the idea. The reason the US did that was to prevent one mad man using the nuclear technology to destroy the world

So coming here to give credit of Pakistan's nuclear technology to US shows you are a kitchen woman

Ok

What of India's nuclear technology. Is it the US that develop it too

Pls return back to the kitchen. This matter is far beyond your understanding.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by ideylaff: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
odun4love:

Seconded

See people talking has if they did not know US.

Just a simple question... I know as well that Israel do not use Chinook Helicopters....what does that tell you right away....That GEJ and co are trying to cover up the secret buying of arms they wanted to embark on.

Simple

Yes US always cover up things..... no doubt... on this occasion.... GEJ is not been sincere at all....

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Reptyle(m): 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Israel does not currently have any Chinook helicopter on its inventory. I also checked on the internet and discovered that Israel has NEVER operated that aircraft.

So how come our government is claiming that the US blocked their planned purchase of a Chinook chopper from a country that has never owned or operated one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Am Not Visible At Buhari Campaigns - Atiku Talks To BBC / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) / Ekweremadu Will Create Problems For Buhari – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.