Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,035 members, 7,946,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Okocha Annoying Hype - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Annoying Hype (55957 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? / Jay Jay Okocha and World Best Player Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
that nigga was always yaming the ball over the goalpost though cheesy

He scored great goals and provided critical assists.

His duty was playmaking, and he did his job darned well wink
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by adbokus(m): 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
Is it possible to be truly excellent with what one does and be overlooked? YES, it happens! Indeed, Okocha greatness with the ball wasn't matched by laurels, medals or even trophies like most of his contemporaries but there is no denying he brought something exotic; something galvanizing; something exhilarating; something impressive; something profoundly desirable..to the world of football both continentally and internationally which was truly loved. He was great in many regards..he was great...
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
MrPresident1:

He scored great goals and provided critical assists.

His duty was playmaking, and he did his job darned well wink
yes he did his job well, which was provide circus moves entertainment for the world. i can agree with you on that. grin
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by fhunn: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
i am not talking about set pieces. i am talking about when on the move. even my 99 year old megaurd can kick the ball into the net from penalty or free kick grin

oooohhhh so when he dribbled Oliver Kahn and his defenders, he was static abi?
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
fhunn:

oooohhhh so when he dribbled Oliver Kahn and his defenders, he was static abi?
the sun shines on a dogs a-s-s once in a while too. cheesy
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
i am not talking about set pieces. i am talking about when on the move. even my 99 year old megaurd can kick the ball into the net from penalty or free kick grin

Sire, Jay jay's game and movement was sublime, pure beauty. You should watch Nigeria's game against England in 1995 cheesy

He was also our best set piece taker, no replacement since he retired sad
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by kendrick93(m): 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
anyone who mentions okocha name in d same sentence with ronaldinho is a big FOOL...
dinho was and is my most favourite playa to watch.. he was magic,a pure artist.. okocha cant even clean his left boot....
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
yes he did his job well, which was provide circus moves entertainment for the world. i can agree with you on that. grin

Entertainment is part of your duty as a playmaker. You should see the mess Zidane turned defenders into, as a playmaker. Nigeria was voted as the second most entertaining team in USA 1994.

Circus is part of the game grin
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by xtervaganza(m): 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
It upsets me when we Nigerians who are supposed to appreciate Jay Jay more ridicule him online this way. Going by pure skill alone he's one of the greatest I have seen personally.

And people saying he beached Ronaldinho are chumps, Ronnie played in a different position from Jay Jay . Ni need to put Ronnie down to hype our Jay Jay both are great players

One thing I believe is that Jay Jay's move to Fener killed his chance rival the Zidanes Del pieros of his generation

Italy was the best league in the 90s without equal
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
MrPresident1:

Sire, Jay jay's game and movement was sublime, pure beauty. You should watch Nigeria's game against England in 1995 cheesy

He was also our best set piece taker, no replacement since he retired sad
notice how we lost all these games you have mentioned he was good in.
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:

He was consistent. He wasn't a one off performer cool
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by clevadani: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
I used to rate Okocha as d best footballer ever growing up but as I continued watching football and started having a deep understanding of d game,I realised dat he was an good average player. I have read d comments of some people saying caf robbed him(used to think dis way) because he's not from a french speaking country,dat is balderdash. Dere is no way he could have won d award over drogba or etoo because dey were not just playing for top teams,dey were d top marksmen in their teams.
If jay jay was as good as some ppl here claim,y did no top team approach him for his signature? Or a u guys trying to tell me dat u r better dan international scouts?
Ps:Jay Jay remains one of my favorite players
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by tevinsolt: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
Me I just know he made the 100 football legends of all time. There are videos of him with 100 of thousands of hits, on youtube guess what many of the comments were, "this is guy is a beast, howcome i never heard of him?"
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
MrPresident1:

Entertainment is part of your duty as a playmaker. You should see the mess Zidane turned defenders into, as a playmaker. Nigeria was voted as the second most entertaining team in USA 1994.

Circus is part of the game grin
i cant agree with you more. hey me myself ? i love circus football. that why i like watching jayjay and the two ronaldos ( brazil and portugal ) wink
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
notice how we lost all these games you have mentioned he was good in.

Na collective team badluck. Not his fault. He did his job grin
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by kendrick93(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
mart2k:
ronaldinho in one of his interviews confirm it that he learn his skills from okocha by watching him play football. so if people say okocha taught him d skills I think they can still b adjudged 2 b right. my opinion though
if u tink d greatest entertainer ever learnt futbul frm okocha den u are a dunce.... lol
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by RonJeremy: 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
In my humble opinion, Jay jay was the most underrated player of his generation in the world...
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
MrPresident1:

He was consistent. He wasn't a one off performer cool
yes he was a consistent circus performer. i like the one where he puts the ball between both his legs and then flicks it up in a motion where the ball goes upwards and forwards. wink
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
i cant agree with you more. hey me myself ? i love circus football. that why i like watching jayjay and the two ronaldos ( brazil and portugal ) wink

Na basketball you like pass sha cheesy
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by fhunn: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:

you think say to dribble Oliver Kahn that time na beans? For Brazilians to acknowledge you whether coach player or citizen, na feat oh! U con dey open 32 dey tell me the sun blah blah nonsense
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
MrPresident1:

Na collective team badluck. Not his fault. He did his job grin
musnt have been that great a job if we kept losing. tongue
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
MrPresident1:

Na basketball you like pass sha cheesy
yeah not anymore. basketball sucks now. you sneeze on a player the refs blow. you cant even touch a player without the ref blowing. the refs have killed the game. tongue
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sabdaz: 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
He doesn't even know what you guys are hitting yourselves with words for.
Whether okocha is overhyped or not, at least, he was good enough to be known world wide.
Arguments bring hatred
Nairaland should discourage any topic that will encourage arguments
This site is supposed to be fit discussions
Here people exchange words, curse and even dizz their folks.
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
musnt have been that great a job if we kept losing. tongue

He did not lose all his games with team and country, you win some, you lose some, those are just examples of great games he featured in. Abi no be Greece beat Portugal with all the Portuguese big names for EURO 2004?
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by Icecomrade: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Long arguments on this thread. Will lend my opinion not withstanding.

Okocha was a good player of his time but wasn't good enough to carve a niche for himself.

No personal awards, no club achievements. That's what separates good players from great players.

Sadly, he can't get another opportunity to set that right.
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
fhunn:

you think say to dribble Oliver Kahn that time na beans? For Brazilians to acknowledge you whether coach player or citizen, na feat oh! U con dey open 32 dey tell me the sun blah blah nonsense

oliver kahn that stiff german cadava ? even my 99 year old meguard can dribble oliver kahn. and for brazillians to acknowledge you has nothing to do with your effectiveness. brazil is the home of circus football. so naturally they love jayjay in brazil cuz he is into circus entertainment footie. brazillians acknowledging you is not such a great feat as you make it out to be
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
yeah not anymore. basketball sucks now. you sneeze on a player the refs blow. you cant even touch a player without the ref blowing. the refs have killed the game. tongue

Same with football. The big names are always well protected.
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by dabossman(m): 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
xtervaganza:
It upsets me when we Nigerians who are supposed to appreciate Jay Jay more ridicule him online this way. Going by pure skill alone he's one of the greatest I have seen personally.

It really is a shame when we Nigerians do that. And we wonder why today's generation of Nigerian players don't give their best to the national team? A man gives more than 15 years of his best to this country and we come online o spew some of the uncomplimentary stuff I've read here? It's a damn shame.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by ShakurM(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
otipoju:

Imagine okocha doing his thing in a Madrid shirt.
Kai! How more recognised he would be.
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by sukkot: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
MrPresident1:

He did not lose all his games with team and country, you win some, you lose some, those are just examples of great games he featured in. Abi no be Greece beat Portugal with all the Portuguese big names for EURO 2004?
i hear you, although i still maintain jayjay is the king of circus football.
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by MrPresident1: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
oliver kahn that stiff german cadava ? even my 99 year old meguard can dribble oliver kahn. and for brazillians to acknowledge you has nothing to do with your effectiveness. brazil is the home of circus football. so naturally they love jayjay in brazil cuz he is into circus entertainment. brazillians acknowledging you is not such a great feat as you make it out to be

Bros, The Brazilians are the gods of football, if the gods acknowledge you, it means you are gooooood, so good you are name twice!

Jay jay!!!
Re: Okocha Annoying Hype by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
He could only dribble and take set pieces and dat was it. His passing was just there. His shooting was awful. I cant forget d match against denmark. He was taking "anywhere belle face" shot. Mboma, diouf even mccarthy were better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Aaron Ramsey In Tears As He Bids Farewell To Arsenal / Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? / Asisat Oshoala Pictured In Short Skirt After Fast Season

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.