Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,255 members, 7,928,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 11:18 PM

The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion (10358 Views)

The Problem With Religion, Including Science. / Why Are Nigerians So Obsessed With Religion? / Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
okeke00:
nicodemus never knew that a man will be born again before he enters the kingdom of God yet abraham, elijah and so on went to heaven even before jesus came.
#confusionist

Wrestling words with you would be demeaning. It is clearly written, "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved, it is the power of GOD" (1Corinthians 1:18).

I'd advise you thus, "...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:15). Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by UyiIredia(m): 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
At least there are religious universities. And the black man was educated. by mission schools built by Christian missionaries.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Weah96: 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
READINGLIFE:

Wrestling words with you would be demeaning. It is clearly written, "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved, it is the power of GOD" (1Corinthians 1:18).

I'd advise you thus, "...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:15). Shalom!

Touting the benefits of human sacrifice might sound noble to you, but some of us find it distasteful.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by CANTICLES: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
ojimbo:
do you know how many people that were killed in your bible, directed by your bible God? to the extent of telling them not to spare the innocent children
Read more , this people that are killed are wicked beings ... Can you imagine that they " even burn their sons and their daughters to their gods" Deu 12:31 , Nevertheless God notice the good ones among them , the people of Nineveh were spared when dey repent , infact Rahab the prostitute is also spared with her family !!! To be honest , do u know why Jonah ran away when God sends him to the people of Nineveh , He says its beacause " He knew he is a compassionate and merciful God, Slow To anger and abundant in loyal love, one who feel grieved over calamity" Jonah 4:2 !! He pardoned the people of Nineveh ...... But I Dont Blame U Though, u av been misinformed with the catholic fictional hell doctrine that has no basis in the Original Hebrew and Greek writings of the scriptures
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by JackBizzle: 7:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
italo:
Okeke00,

Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It has the answers you need.

[img]http://mortenkamp.files./2013/10/is-hr-evidence-based-are-you-kidding-me.jpg[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by RaphaellaDD(f): 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by onetrack(m): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
The errors and contradictions in the Bible are legion. Plus the 'god' it talks about sounds like a man who has been given too much power and has gone corrupt because of it. Maybe because men created religion.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Hiswordxray(m): 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

I agree with most of what you wrote except the part where you say ' as a child of God, you cannot sin'. IMO, that's wrong, the only person that was perfect was Jesus, and yes as Christians we have the life of God in us, but that doesn't mean that we can't sin. Christians still fall into temptation on a daily basis, but as you grow spiritually, you have more control over your actions. The church isn't for perfect people, it's for perfecting people.

1John 3:9 "Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." This verse is talking about the seed of God in you which carries God's nature. By that seed you cannot sin. If we live by the seed inside of us or by the nature of God in us we can not sin. Living by God's nature is living as the child of God which you are. Therefore as a child of God (i.e living by God's nature) we cannot sin. This is what the Bible teaches.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by bossminded: 2:35am On Nov 12, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
op, don't let the atheists confuse you. god is real. just try to avoid him and your life will be marvelous.

Now ur blive God is real Lol.....
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 8:57am On Nov 12, 2014
CANTICLES:

Wait! If Jesus didnt come to save mankind, what will happen to us ?? Dead of course , so did God plan that we live for few years and den die ?? No , to amend this " God sent his only- begotten son ... That whosoever believe in him might not perish But have everlasting life" John 3:16 ! Notice it says ' whosoever belive in him' so if you believe that God sent Jesus as a tool to save mankind from dying like animals, you wuld follow his commandment and thereby receive the " gift" of everlasting life ( rom 6:23) but those who refuse will remain in death state(rom6:23) ! As for lake of fire , bro revelation is written in 'signs' rev1:1 , the scripture indicate that anything that goes into d symbolic lake of fire CEASE TO Exist ( death is thrown into lake of fire ( Rev20:14) EXPLAINED: death cease to exist ( Rev 21:4))

lol so abraham, samuel and others that died before jesus came died like animals right?
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2014
READINGLIFE:

why didnt you answer his question, you resorted to quoting a bible verse that insults him and call him foolish...smh
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:07am On Nov 12, 2014
CANTICLES:
Read more , this people that are killed are wicked beings ... Can you imagine that they " even burn their sons and their daughters to their gods" Deu 12:31 , Nevertheless God notice the good ones among them , the people of Nineveh were spared when dey repent , infact Rahab the prostitute is also spared with her family !!! To be honest , do u know why Jonah ran away when God sends him to the people of Nineveh , He says its beacause " He knew he is a compassionate and merciful God, Slow To anger and abundant in loyal love, one who feel grieved over calamity" Jonah 4:2 !! He pardoned the people of Nineveh ...... But I Dont Blame U Though, u av been misinformed with the catholic fictional hell doctrine that has no basis in the Original Hebrew and Greek writings of the scriptures

i hate it when people try to justify such homicidal act. nobody gave isreal the right to kill a whole race. talking about child sacrifice i think abraham started it. . . so by wiping a whole race even the unborn ones god sort to purge the world of evil? by killing innocent children and women and even unborn one, is he not worse than that their god that demand child sacrifice?? it can never be justified, it is against humanity and any human that tries to justify it is not worthy to be called human. i dont know why people will always see the truth and always try to.cover it in the name of religion, they will see evil and try to justify it in the name of religion. . . who is exactly is evil

1 Like

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 9:09am On Nov 12, 2014
Hiswordxray:

1John 3:9 "Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." This verse is talking about the seed of God in you which carries God's nature. By that seed you cannot sin. If we live by the seed inside of us or by the nature of God in us we can not sin. Living by God's nature is living as the child of God which you are. Therefore as a child of God (i.e living by God's nature) we cannot sin. This is what the Bible teaches.

so sir you are tell me you do not sin, yes?
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

I also want to know the answer to this question.

These pentecostals!
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Hiswordxray(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

I am telling you the child of God cannot sin. It is impossible for him to sin.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2014
^^^

Notice how he is too dubious to answer the question?

smiley
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by honourhim: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

i hate it when people try to justify such homicidal act. nobody gave isreal the right to kill a whole race. talking about child sacrifice i think abraham started it. . . so by wiping a whole race even the unborn ones god sort to purge the world of evil? by killing innocent children and women and even unborn one, is he not worse than that their god that demand child sacrifice?? it can never be justified, it is against humanity and any human that tries to justify it is not worthy to be called human. i dont know why people will always see the truth and always try to.cover it in the name of religion, they will see evil and try to justify it in the name of religion. . . who is exactly is evil

Bro kindly tell me what you can do to punish God for these acts pls? I'm waiting for your answers. Cheers. grin
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Hiswordxray(m): 10:37am On Nov 12, 2014
italo:
^^^

Notice how he is too dubious to answer the question?

smiley

No! Notice how you are too carnal to understand spiritual truth.

Like Paul said "not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words." (1Cor 2:13)
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I am telling you the child of God cannot sin. It is impossible for him to sin.

i asked a simple question ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU DO NOT SIN and you are here saying child of God cannot sin, are you not a child of God so tell me you dont sin
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2014
honourhim:

Bro kindly tell me what you can do to punish God for these acts pls? I'm waiting for your answers. Cheers. grin

just bring him to me hehehehe grin
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Hiswordxray(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

i asked a simple question ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU DO NOT SIN and you are here saying child of God cannot sin, are you not a child of God so tell me you dont sin
As a child of God I cannot sin and it is impossible for me to go to hell.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by CANTICLES: 11:29am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

lol so abraham, samuel and others that died before jesus came died like animals right?
am happy that u realise that livin forever is not for animals , But unfortunately man lost dat gift and thus was " short lived" Job 14:1 , but u fail to reaiize the love of God in this regard when he sent his only begotten son to die for the sin of mankind , and thus anyone exercising faith and following God's command (john 3:16) can once again have that prospect that adam lost , " for death came thru one man ( Adam) and ressurection of the dead came thru another man ( Jesus) " 1cor 15:21 .... The people u mentioned have this hope of a ressurection from d sleep of death ; Beacause " there is going to be a ressurection" Act 24:15
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Hiswordxray:

As a child of God I cannot sin and it is impossible for me to go to hell.

ok you just admitted to me that you DONT SIN....am sure you know lying is a sin grin grin
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2014
okeke00:
I was brought up to to understand that Jesus Christ came and died for my sins.
I am a human and can't be perfect, I do fall in love with my opposite sex and there is 90% probability of engaging in sexual activities with her.
what I don't really understand is the doctrine of me still going to end up everlasting in a lake of fire even after Jesus died for my sins.
am just thinking of those soldiers who recently lost their lives in the fight against boko haram. they fought for our lives and safety and yet people still go to media to criticize them, calling them all sort of names.
can someone help me to explain how Jesus death has benefited africans and Nigerians?
i still get confused with religion

Jesus died for Jew sins..

Mohammed Died for Arab sins...

Sango died for Yoruba sins..

Amadioha died for Igbo sins..

Basically, we all have our own individual Jesus' that died for our sins. Find your own jesus..
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2014
CANTICLES:
am happy that u realise that livin forever is not for animals , But unfortunately man lost dat gift and thus was " short lived" Job 7:1 , but u fail to reaiize the love of God in this regard when he sent his only begotten son to die for the sin of mankind , and thus anyone exercising faith and following God's command (john 3:16) can once again have that prospect that adam lost , " for death came thru one man ( Adam) and ressurection of the dead came thru another man ( Jesus) " 1cor 15:21 .... The people u mentioned have this hope of a ressurection from d sleep of death ; Beacause " there is going to be a ressurection" Act 24:15

y'all are the most confused people in the world... none of you even know what you are talking about....... i ask again abraham and the rest who died before christ came just went into a state of non-existence
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Hiswordxray(m): 11:41am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

ok you just admitted to me that you DONT SIN....am sure you know lying is a sin grin grin

"Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies." (Rom 8:23) angry
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by CANTICLES: 11:48am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

y'all are the most confused people in the world... none of you even know what you are talking about....... i ask again abraham and the rest who died before christ came just went into a state of non-existence
They are all in d graves (even King David Act 2:29,34)), awaiting a ressurection !! U make me wonder if u u exist before u were born ??
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 11:50am On Nov 12, 2014
Hiswordxray:

"Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies." (Rom 8:23) angry

"whoever say he is doesnt sin makes God a liar" 1st John 1:10 ...... so you see, you just made your God a liar... hehehehehehe nice job sir grin grin
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by CANTICLES: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

Of course, They are all in d graves (even King David Act 2:29,34)), awaiting a ressurection !! U make me wonder if u exist before u were born ??
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 11:55am On Nov 12, 2014
CANTICLES:
They are all in d graves (even King David Act 2:29,34)), awaiting a ressurection !! U make me wonder if u u exist before u were born ??

so moses and elijah are in the grave but still came to meet jesus at the mountain (matthew 17) ... hahahahahaha see contradictions oo.
.. i thought they were in a state of non-existence... waiting to see your next fabrication full of fallacy grin
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Hiswordxray(m): 11:56am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

"whoever say he is doesnt sin makes God a liar" 1st John 1:10 ...... so you see, you just made your God a liar... hehehehehehe nice job sir grin grin

This same John you quoted said in 1John 3:9 "9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

If you don't understand the Bible simply ask for me to explain it to you wink
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2014
johnydon22:

why didnt you answer his question, you resorted to quoting a bible verse that insults him and call him foolish...smh

You aren't me, and I'm not you. I choose words that perfectly convey my thoughts. Did I call him foolish? That's Scripture dude. Deal with it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Prays Against Those Buying Arms And Sponsoring Killings / Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.