Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,255 members, 7,928,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 11:18 PM

The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion (10358 Views)

The Problem With Religion, Including Science. / Why Are Nigerians So Obsessed With Religion? / Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 6:51am On Nov 13, 2014
Weah96:

Decomposed? Where did you obtain that information?

Where do dead bodies obtain decomposition from?

From your closet?
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Weah96: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2014
italo:

Where do dead bodies obtain decomposition from?

From your closet?

Who told you that his body was decomposed? The famous actor Robin Williams recently committed suicide by hanging.

He didn't fall headlong and his bowels didn't burst open.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2014
And all hanged bodies end up the same way?

You're a grown adult?

Besides, where's your proof that Williams body didnt burst open?
Weah96:

Who told you that his body was decomposed? The famous actor Robin Williams recently committed suicide by hanging.

He didn't fall headlong and his bowels didn't burst open.

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Weah96: 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
italo:
And all hanged bodies end up the same way?

You're a grown adult?

Besides, where's your proof that Williams body didnt burst open?
"Williams and his wife, Susan Schneider, were alone Sunday night in their home, which fronts San Francisco Bay, Boyd said. Sheriff's officials had previously said Williams was last seen at 10 p.m., but Boyd said Schneider retired to a bedroom at 10:30 p.m.

It was not known when Williams went to bed in a separate bedroom.

Schneider left home at 10:30 a.m. the next day, believing her husband was OK, Boyd said. At 11:45 a.m., the personal assistant became concerned when Williams failed to respond to knocks at his door.

When the assistant entered, Williams was unresponsive, clothed and "cool to the touch," Boyd said. The belt was wedged between the closet door and the door frame, Williams' right shoulder was touching the door and his body was "slightly suspended," as though in a seated position."
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-robin-williams-death-coroners-investigation-will-take-weeks-20140812-story.html

Is that proof enough that the man bowels didn't explode or would you like a link to the LA county autopsy report?

You're talking rubbish and making s)hit up. I quote the bible while you add random things to scriptures.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Weah96:

"Williams and his wife, Susan Schneider, were alone Sunday night in their home, which fronts San Francisco Bay, Boyd said. Sheriff's officials had previously said Williams was last seen at 10 p.m., but Boyd said Schneider retired to a bedroom at 10:30 p.m.

It was not known when Williams went to bed in a separate bedroom.

Schneider left home at 10:30 a.m. the next day, believing her husband was OK, Boyd said. At 11:45 a.m., the personal assistant became concerned when Williams failed to respond to knocks at his door.

When the assistant entered, Williams was unresponsive, clothed and "cool to the touch," Boyd said. The belt was wedged between the closet door and the door frame, Williams' right shoulder was touching the door and his body was "slightly suspended," as though in a seated position."
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-robin-williams-death-coroners-investigation-will-take-weeks-20140812-story.html

Is that proof enough that the man bowels didn't explode or would you like a link to the LA county autopsy report?

You're talking rubbish and making s)hit up. I quote the bible while you add random things to scriptures.

Nowhere was it said there that his bowels didnt burst open...or were intact.

Besides, I thought your idea of "evidence" was empirical evidence, not a mere narration by a mere reporter.

Can I also supply narrative proof of anything you ask me?
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Weah96: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
italo:
Nowhere was it said there that his bowels didnt burst open...or were intact.

Besides, I thought your idea of "evidence" was empirical evidence, not a mere narration by a mere reporter.

Can I also supply narrative proof of anything you ask me?

It is empirical enough. I will take the word of the county investigators over your highly unlikely possibility that his stomach magically burst open after 12 hours.

As for Judas, the bible does say that his body burst open after he fell headfirst, a condition incompatible with a hanging death in a field. How do you fall headfirst if you're hanging by the neck?

Besides, these contradictions should be addressed as they appear, otherwise we run the risk of ignoring many of them.

I first asked you about God creating man before beasts or vice versa. You pretended to have dementia, preferring instead to latch unto the absurd argument that the body of the actor Robin Williams burst open after he hung himself.

1 Like

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by urheme: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
italo:

Then St. Paul must be guilty of all those.

You are more spiritual than he is.

Foooooool!

Your st paul must be silly if all he teaches u is how to insult people,

He is far from being spiritual, i am not impress with his products, just look at your self undecided
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by malvisguy212: 8:36am On Nov 14, 2014
okeke00:
I was brought up to to understand that Jesus Christ came and died for my sins.
I am a human and can't be perfect, I do fall in love with my opposite sex and there is 90% probability of engaging in sexual activities with her.
what I don't really understand is the doctrine of me still going to end up everlasting in a lake of fire even after Jesus died for my sins.
am just thinking of those soldiers who recently lost their lives in the fight against boko haram. they fought for our lives and safety and yet people still go to media to criticize them, calling them all sort of names.
can someone help me to explain how Jesus death has benefited africans and Nigerians?
i still get confused with religion
jesus died for the sin of mankind,IT IS ONLY WHEN YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL BE SAVED,how do you defined the grace of God?because jesus died for my sin,then i shuld continue sinning?bible make it clear that God reconcile us to himself,jesus is a link to Heaven,the adress,if you follow his way,you will never lost,thoes who find themself in hell chooses that way, your purpose on earth is to love or opposed God, if you love him,it's your choice if you oppose him,it's your choice,love him and spend eternity with Him, the moral law are to guide us,to live in harmony with one another which is for our benefit in this life and the afterlife to come.this world is not perfect,God want us to make spiritual choice , the choice we make may affect others,the bible advice us to make peace with God.

Dont be an atheists,God is real and i have encounter Him. Thank you.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Who told you Judas was hanging by the neck? The county investigator?

If a county investigator's testimony is empirical evidence, so is the gospel writers' testimonies.

Judas hanged...and Judas fell head long and burst open.

If you cannot agree that the above is possible, why should we move to another topic.

You'll just keep denying the possible.

Weah96:

It is empirical enough. I will take the word of the county investigators over your highly unlikely possibility that his stomach magically burst open after 12 hours.

As for Judas, the bible does say that his body burst open after he fell headfirst, a condition incompatible with a hanging death in a field. How do you fall headfirst if you're hanging by the neck?

Besides, these contradictions should be addressed as they appear, otherwise we run the risk of ignoring many of them.

I first asked you about God creating man before beasts or vice versa. You pretended to have dementia, preferring instead to latch unto the absurd argument that the body of the actor Robin Williams burst open after he hung himself.

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 10:47am On Nov 14, 2014
Calling a fool "fool" or calling a doctor " is not an insult.
urheme:

Your st paul must be silly if all he teaches u is how to insult people,

He is far from being spiritual, i am not impress with his products, just look at your self undecided
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Weah96: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
italo:
Who told you Judas was hanging by the neck? The county investigator?

If a county investigator's testimony is empirical evidence, so is the gospel writers' testimonies.

Judas hanged...and Judas fell head long and burst open.

If you cannot agree that the above is possible, why should we move to another topic.

You'll just keep denying the possible.

The bible says he went out and "hanged himself." Please describe another scenario besides the constriction of the trachea.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by okeke00(m): 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
malvisguy212:
jesus died for the sin of mankind,IT IS ONLY WHEN YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL BE SAVED,how do you defined the grace of God?because jesus died for my sin,then i shuld continue sinning?bible make it clear that God reconcile us to himself,jesus is a link to Heaven,the adress,if you follow his way,you will never lost,thoes who find themself in hell chooses that way, your purpose on earth is to love or opposed God, if you love him,it's your choice if you oppose him,it's your choice,love him and spend eternity with Him, the moral law are to guide us,to live in harmony with one another which is for our benefit in this life and the afterlife to come.this world is not perfect,God want us to make spiritual choice , the choice we make may affect others,the bible advice us to make peace with God.

Dont be an atheists,God is real and i have encounter Him. Thank you.
look at your post in capital letters, its not even when am trying to be good, all i should do is just to believe?
Thats why i still remain a confusionist

1 Like

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2014
okeke00:
I am a human and can't be perfect, I do fall in love with my opposite sex and there is 90% probability of engaging in sexual activities with her.
what I don't really understand is the doctrine of me still going to end up everlasting in a lake of fire even after Jesus died for my sins.
am just thinking of those soldiers who recently lost their lives in the fight against boko haram. they fought for our lives and safety and yet people still go to media to criticize them, calling them all sort of names.
can someone help me to explain how Jesus death has benefited africans and Nigerians?
. @Okeke, Don't be too biased to proclaim your bias. The too religious, fanatics are also confused. There was religion before Christ, he Christ was not a christian (Christ-like) he is Christ. He worshiped in the synagogue which is the Hindus tag for Church. Are you seeing glimpse light of Christ being a Hindus? We complicate the bible differently with our personal interest and create specific doctrines to march our believes. A Christian will say we all came from one parents, yet we all condemn in-sex. If Cain killed Abel in the bible as the first offspring and ran away, who impregnated his sisters to be able to get the world? It means there was in-sex in the house of Adam. I thank God for letting me know the truth which is; "do to others as you would like them to you". Are you ready to know what
God revealed to Solomon when he
only asked of wisdom but was
blessed with wealth, wisdom and affluence
which has been reserved for KINGS
and KNIGHTS also omitted in the
Bible by the scribe? Check it out here: www.blackraven.biz.tc for a mind blowing eye opener.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by sukkot: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2014
okeke00:
thats a fallacy brought on by the doctrine of men. Jesus Christ did not come to die for your sins. its all rubbish. you will pay for all your sins. wink
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by honeychild(f): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
johnydon22:

y'all are the most confused people in the world... none of you even know what you are talking about....... i ask again abraham and the rest who died before christ came just went into a state of non-existence

yes
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by malvisguy212: 6:27am On Nov 15, 2014
okeke00:
look at your post in capital letters, its not even when am trying to be good, all i should do is just to believe?
Acts 4:12, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name [Jesus Christ] under heaven given among men,
whereby we must be saved.

Let me ask you a question, why must an athiest BELIEVE there is no God?
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by okeke00(m): 7:23am On Nov 15, 2014
malvisguy212:
Acts 4:12, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name [Jesus Christ] under heaven given among men,
whereby we must be saved.

Let me ask you a question, why must an athiest BELIEVE there is no God?
stop quoting from a book that was written by white men. Try and quote with your sense for once
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2014
honeychild:

yes

i can still remember the medium conjuring samuel's spirit...hehehehehe
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by malvisguy212: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2014
okeke00:
stop quoting from a book that was written by white men. Try and quote with your sense for once
is it not what you said "all i should do is just to believe?" then i ask, "why must an athiest BELIEVE there is no
God?"some scientist told you ape evolve to man, and you believe without prove, but the spiritual happening around us is enough prove there is God, YET YOU WANT TO OPPOS GOD, it a choice, you believe or you passby. Thank you for your time.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by okeke00(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2014
malvisguy212:
is it not what you said "all i should do is just to believe?" then i ask, "why must an athiest BELIEVE there is no
God?"some scientist told you ape evolve to man, and you believe without prove, but the spiritual happening around us is enough prove there is God, YET YOU WANT TO OPPOS GOD, it a choice, you believe or you passby. Thank you for your time.
and you think that i believed that man evolved from ape. What a dumb reasoning
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by malvisguy212: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2014
okeke00:
how do you defined holiness? You cant meet the principle of Holiness as God ask you to, you want to interpret holiness for God, making decision for God.

In all religeon ,salvation is attain by human efort, but in christianity salvation is free,Romans 6:23." For the wages of sin is death, but the gift [free] of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Christianity is God reaching out to man,abraham, issac,jacob,moses, david.this men are sherperd ,they were in the wilderness when God called them.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by malvisguy212: 10:38am On Nov 15, 2014
okeke00:
i will open a thread tommorow by his Grace, and i will invite you to read,i believe it will give you the answer needed.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by okeke00(m): 10:49am On Nov 15, 2014
malvisguy212:
how do you defined holiness? You cant meet the principle of Holiness as God ask you to, you want to interpret holiness for God, making decision for God.

In all religeon ,salvation is attain by human efort, but in christianity salvation is free,Romans 6:23." For the wages of sin is death, but the gift [free] of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Christianity is God reaching out to man,abraham, issac,jacob,moses, david.this men are sherperd ,they were in the wilderness when God called them.
hypocrites
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by malvisguy212: 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
okeke00:
hypocrites
how do you come's to this conclusion? Do you know me? If no, why do you judge me?
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 4:17am On Nov 16, 2014
Weah96:

The bible says he went out and "hanged himself." Please describe another scenario besides the constriction of the trachea.
Weah96:

What purpose does it serve?

Judas hanged himself...and Judas fell head-long and burst open.

You cannot prove that to be impossible.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Weah96: 5:07am On Nov 16, 2014
italo:

LOL. Let your conscience be the judge.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by italo: 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Weah96:

LOL. Let your conscience be the judge.
My conscience? You finally renounce the Judgement seat?

You have momentarily come to your senses. Kudos.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by malvisguy212: 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
okeke00:
take your time,read this thread, you will understand God plans for us.
www.nairaland.com/1999485/all-religions-lead-god-one
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by okeke00(m): 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
malvisguy212:
take your time,read this thread, you will understand God plans for us.
www.nairaland.com/1999485/all-religions-lead-god-one
as if you are just coming back from heaven now
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Weah96: 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
italo:
My conscience? You finally renounce the Judgement seat?

You have momentarily come to your senses. Kudos.

Do the right thing.
Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by JackBizzle: 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
italo:

You are lucky that I wasnt the one that caught you in this lie. grin grin

When someone hangs himself, is it not death by strangulation (of the rope)?

Also how did Judas manage to fall head-long while trying to hang himself?

If he did hang himself, he would be dead in a standing (floating normally) position.

Guy, your lies are not confusing anyone

1 Like

Re: The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion by Weah96: 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
JackBizzle:

You are lucky that I wasnt the one that caught you in this lie. grin grin

When someone hangs himself, is it not death by strangulation (of the rope)?

Also how did Judas manage to fall head-long while trying to hang himself?

If he did hang himself, he would be dead in a standing (floating normally) position.

Guy, your lies are not confusing anyone

According to him, Judas hanged himself and then his dead body later fell headfirst causing his stomach to burst open.

There was a heavy wind in the field, and the branches from which he was dangling broke, causing his body to perform a 180 degree midair flip which landed him on his head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Long Church Service: Good Or Bad? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Prays Against Those Buying Arms And Sponsoring Killings / Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.