Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,217 members, 7,963,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:16 AM

1x2x3's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1x2x3's Profile / 1x2x3's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 166 pages)

Religion / Re: Ibiyeomie Reportedly Gifts A Rolls Royce Cullinan To Oyedepo by 1x2x3: 2:41pm On Sep 28
That's why I would always respect Buddhas. If you get the actual spiritual encounter your life will be transformed in a way that Rolls Royce and other worldly things would look so irrelevant to you.

Our version of Christianity in Nigeria is business-oriented. If you still want to live in a mansion then you haven't attained true enlightenment.

1 Like

Nairaland / General / Re: These Are The Most Effective Way To Ruin Your Life. by 1x2x3: 12:07pm On Sep 28
Number 1 is SOCIAL MEDIA addiction.

2 Likes

Education / Re: Lecturer Uses Student's Rag Day Picture As Cover Page For Text Book by 1x2x3: 5:47pm On Sep 27
honour7:
Except otherwise stated by the owner of the image, images on the internet are under Creative Commons, free to use.

You're mistaken. cheesy You automatically hold the copyright to any original content you publish online, as it qualifies as your intellectual property. If someone simply shares it "as is," there usually isn’t an issue. However, if they use it to create a commercial product without your permission, that constitutes a significant infringement, and you would have the right to take legal action for unauthorized use.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Nigeria Loses $15.9 Billion Annually To Illegal Mining, Sen Kalu Reveals (video) by 1x2x3: 7:08am On Sep 27
1. Even if they give these politicians the $19 billion they will loot it.
2. Allowing the illegal mining to happen means the govt is incompetent.
3. Such mining can't happen without the aid of those in Power.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Staff And Students Of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Celebrating PDP Loss by 1x2x3: 11:51am On Sep 25
Typing:

Obaseki show them shege. grin grin

Na we use our votes to disgrace that incompetent and ugly Obaseki during this election

You thought you've seen shege under PDP? grin
You remember "Change". Wait till APC resumes cheesy cheesy cheesy, they will beg God to return PDP.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Please Oh How Are You All Coping With This Band A Electricity Tarrif by 1x2x3: 11:46pm On Sep 23
Lol light is steady oo but na 100K man dey pay monthly for units.

3 Likes

Career / Re: Teacher Offered ₦55,000 To Teach Students That Pay N294k School Fees by 1x2x3: 6:24pm On Sep 21
MrBrownJay1:

A) the teacher's background is irrelevant to the salary that are paid to them. its the circumstances that makes all the difference. some top teachers go to poor neighborhoods to teach for free. others move to the other side of the world to teach for chicken change, in order to live in environment that favors them (aka go check the millions of English teachers from the US/UK/Australia etc teaching in 3rd world countries for peanuts compared to what they would earn if they worked back home). the idea is simply that they earn less in these 3rd world countries but life is cheaper there too.
B) just because someone just graduated as a teacher, doesnt mean that this person is automatically bad. it just mean that person has no experience teaching yet. such "possibly" good teacher wont certainly get the same salary as the top teachers and many schools understand that. paying a bottom salary and looking for freshly graduated teacher may be this school's aim. who knows?
C) stop making it seem as if teachers can just teach whatever they desire in schools. they have curriculum they have to follow; books they have to teach from; specific targets all through the years that they have to achieve for the class. as much as a teacher may be better with kids, he/she cant teach more than what the year curriculum has in place for them. no school teachers is bringing his own school books to distribute to students so that they can now teach something different than what the SCHOOL DICTATES.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: you need a good school AND good teachers, thats the only way you can impact positively a child's life (you cant do without any of these being good). if your school doesnt have the proper environment for children to learn/grow, the proper facilities for teachers to teach and children to be comfortable in classes (aka chairs/desks etc), the proper curriculum, the proper staff (outside teachers), the proper materials (school books, computers, gym equipment etc), the proper school culture to makes sure that bullying/yeye confraternity (aka etc) is not welcomed and weed out ... but most importantly a SCHOOL PRINCIPAL that understands whats important and puts all the effort/focus on making sure that the students achieve their highest potential... then your school is useless!
you can have the best teachers but if your school lacks in what i just described then your students wont achieve anything, just as much as you can have a school with the very best in what i just described and yet fail due to their bad teachers.

so here is the reality: is someone accepting a 55K job automatically a bad teacher? of course not. is it wrong for a school to offer such a low salary hoping to give a newly graduated teacher a chance? of course not!

Okay.
Career / Re: Teacher Offered ₦55,000 To Teach Students That Pay N294k School Fees by 1x2x3: 9:45pm On Sep 20
MrBrownJay1:

i do not believe that the salary of a teacher determines whether your children get a sound education or not... the school facilites/curriculum etc will determine that, whether teachers are paid 55k or 1m monthly.
what happens in a teacher's private life is irrelevant to the above.

If you advertise a teaching position with a salary of 50K, the first thing you should understand is that well-trained, high-quality teachers won't even consider applying. This means you’ll likely receive applications mostly from underqualified or less experienced candidates, leaving you with a pool of subpar options to choose from.

Think about it: no teacher who has invested years of effort and training to hone their skills would settle for such a low salary. It's important to recognize that offering inadequate pay limits your access to skilled professionals, which directly affects the quality of education your students will receive.

Curriculum and environment don't teach kids what they need to know, the teachers do.

3 Likes

Career / Re: Teacher Offered ₦55,000 To Teach Students That Pay N294k School Fees by 1x2x3: 7:56pm On Sep 20
MrBrownJay1:

FIXED

the quality of a teacher has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how much you pay a teacher. what makes you believe that all teachers in Nigeria are good teachers and therefore they deserve a "top teacher" salary?!? some of these teachers earn 35k because the school is a shack in some village where children are paying peanuts as school fees.... and no matter how great that teachers is, he wont get more.

in a proper setting, then when that teachers shows the school that he/she is a top teacher (because not all teachers are good), then when that teachers suddenly gets a better offer from another school and decides to leave (or ask for a raise), you will try to entice him to stay with a better salary/perks... but if that teacher is happy receiving 55k, why should owner give more? you could invest the extra money to better the school/classes etc in order to attract more students?!

sadly, let me be the bearer of bad news... the majority who japa and land Abroad with no valid visa will do yeye job that are worse than slavery (earning pennies to the dollar) and there will be 1000s illegal immigrants desperate to do these yeye jobs. do you think its a coincidence that as soon as Poland and Czech republic joined the EU, then suddenly all the plumbers and bricklayers in France are from East Europe and earning 30% less than the normal national rate for these same jobs? the above happens all over the world.

the fact that you believe that, if a school owner gets two CVs on his desk and both teachers have the same qualifications (but one accepts to work for 55k), the school owner should pay double because thats whats "fair", then you sir are living in la la land and dont understand what it means to run a business.

In the role of a parent, you have the option to invest in your child's education by enrolling them in a good sch and paying a hefty sch fees. In return, the school provides education worth 50K.

A teacher who receives a salary of 50K may struggle to save money for professional development opportunities. A well-compensated teacher, however, can invest in courses, improve their quality of life, and ultimately provide better education to their students.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Voting Patterns In The South East 1999 Till 2023. Show Me The Tribal Correlation by 1x2x3: 4:54pm On Sep 20
donproject2:

Nah that over talk dey kill una...you are always better than every other tribe, you are the best thing to happen to the world, the builder of Nigeria, developer of all nations, best in everything.

Best of luck with your votes...ire o.

Statistics shows what I said is a FACT. I won't argue with anyone who can't deal with facts.
Politics / Re: Voting Patterns In The South East 1999 Till 2023. Show Me The Tribal Correlation by 1x2x3: 1:01am On Sep 20
donproject2:

Let me just drop this may be you will get how it is done in Nigeria

We have 6 regions in Nigeria, NE, NW, NC, SE, SW, SS.
But from this 6, we can re-align them into 4 partisan regions to conform with their political affiliation at any National election in Nigeria, the re-alignment produces;

1. NE/NW/NC, thence, I will say North for short.
2. SW
3. SS
4. SE

At any presidential election;

North generally and mostly support one candidate, they rarely have conflict of interests especially if their son is among the top contenders.
South West always have the most spread votes across leading parties, PDP and AD/AC/ACN/APC drag votes between themselves.
South South will almost give it to one party, they don't seem to have issue.
South East will give it to one party, so far the candidate is from that one party they all seem to support.

Let me now tell you what influence votes from each re-aligned region.

1. North: They believe they should always be in power, their votes go to a Northerners if he is in top party, if not, they will likely prefer SW candidate over any other region from the South.

2. SW: Margin of votes between PDP and AD/AC/ACN/APC will be somehow narrow, if their son is among the top flag bearers, the margin will be a bit wider but next strong party will still get a good figure.

3. SS: They are close to vote for PDP candidates anytime any day.

4. SE: PDP have been getting their votes since 1999 no matter the candidate.

What happened before and during 2023 general election where Obi pulled out from PDP because he felt some cabal in the party wouldn't give him green light really made SE had a rethink of position of PDP in their region.

Obi went to LP and they felt he needs to be listened to. Sir Bobby Chalton [Obi] knows how to sell himself to people and many would want in. There were two leading candidates in Atiku and Tinubu who Nigerians don't really think would take us to a promise land. Obi, as many will say, is the messiah (what Nigerians believed about Buhari in 2015 as well) to take us to the promise land, so the massive support he seems to get especially from young Nigerians who are social media electorates.

But, does Social media noise and perceived messiahness win election? No. What wins election? Work rate. What complements work rate? Being consistent and having longer years of calculation. Who had the better work rate and has been calculating more than 8 years even before he declared? Tinubu.

All this is not a rocket science, ascending the number one spot in the political field in Nigeria is not by noise and begging or telling people you deserve to be there too, you have to put in the work and be messy if needs be, that is how to win an election to number one position in Nigeria.

If you make it here, I want to say no hard feelings from here whatsoever. I am just a guy who knows a little about Nigeria from 1957 till date and I will always refuse not to say how things are when some people try to doctor what are general facts. Be good!

Whatever you said up there makes zero sense. What I have to say is that once the East votes against a candidate, there's a 100% chance the candidate will make a bad president.
Career / Re: Teacher Offered ₦55,000 To Teach Students That Pay N294k School Fees by 1x2x3: 12:48am On Sep 20
MrBrownJay1:
and so?! i dont get where the problem is.
if someone offers you a job, if you dont want it, you say no and jejely walk the fukc out... but dont pretend that because children pay 200k for school fees, you can dictate how much you deserve as a teacher in that school. thats what the school is offering, take it or leave it! so you mean that if they were schooling for free, then you would also work for free?!

stop looking at other people's finances... in order to try to lift yourself up, as you dont know what they spend that money on:
- are you paying the rent for the building?

You don't get it. You hire cheap labour for client (parents) who pays hefty fees. They will give them 50K education.
- are you paying the electricity/equipment used in that school?
- are you paying for the free food that these kids possibly get?
- are you paying for all the extracurricular outings and activities that these children learn?
- are you paying the salary of all the other staff and owners of that school?

Someone pays you about 300K for their child and you hired 50K labour to get the job done. The students will get 50K education. You don't see the problem here?

Quality teachers won't accept 50K so the school settles for lesser quality sad

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Voting Patterns In The South East 1999 Till 2023. Show Me The Tribal Correlation by 1x2x3: 7:36pm On Sep 19
obawinner:
The SE always know the right candidate, except in their region. 🤡

Which sensible governor is in your region?
Politics / Re: Voting Patterns In The South East 1999 Till 2023. Show Me The Tribal Correlation by 1x2x3: 7:49am On Sep 19
Ttalk:

All these bullcrap don't sell, you are intelligent in voting for the right president but stupid in voting for the right governor?

Why are your best governor struggling to pay the old minimum wage when other smaller states are doing better?

I see you lack the ability to have a constructive argument despite the facts staring at you. When facts seem to defeat you, you try to divert the topic at hand.

We are talking about tribal voting pattern and you are talking about governorship which different tribes don't contest.

You try to divert the facts. Focus on the topic, you can create another topic about governors. Isn't it obvious your IQ is insanely on the negative side?

8 Likes

Politics / Re: Voting Patterns In The South East 1999 Till 2023. Show Me The Tribal Correlation by 1x2x3: 7:35am On Sep 19
donproject2:
You fail to tell us that those candidates they voted are all PDP flag bearers from 1999 until 2023 when a serious igbo man decided to fly the flag, then they remember there is another party called LP.

In every election, you will see contenders and jokers, back then, anyone not belonging to PDP or AD/AC/ACN/APC is a joker. You didn't mention that there are other Yoruba or Hausa candidates who doned the garments of minority parties and didn't get votes from their people.

I don't know how you people will just come here trying to say things as you want playing victim cards. Everyone knows what they are doing. As they say, you will always get something that suit your narratives.

You failed to remember PDP existed when Ojukwu contested under a lesser know party and no one voted him.

Same PDP is in existence when Obi contested under a lesser known party and they voted him.

If it was about voting for PDP then Obi won't get a vote. It's about the right candidate. I can tell you Obi would have struggled in the SE if APC picked Osibanjo. The votes would have been splitted massively.

Finally, check the candidates SE supported and they won, compare their performances with those they didn't support who later won. It will be clear they always know the right candidate.

10 Likes

Sports / Re: Ronaldo Uses Asake’s ‘Active’ In Latest Instagram Post by 1x2x3: 7:06am On Sep 19
madridguy:
Thank God Olamide never listened to this person. Hala Asake.

He's 100% right. Replicate what Jazzy is doing.
Politics / Re: Tinubu Very Wealthy, Can’t Loot Nigeria’s Treasury – Ayodele Olawande by 1x2x3: 6:03pm On Sep 16
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

This guy drops an argument with valid premises, one thats so logically sound that, to attack it, you have to be an inherently dishonest dumbo

God Bless PBAT as he keeps paddling the canoe right

Top 100 richest men in the world still dey look for money. Who is Tinubu that he won't steal more money?

1 Like 1 Share

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Manchester City Vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 14th September 2024 by 1x2x3: 3:48pm On Sep 14
GanagiBitrus:
1-1 Haaland.

At this rate, Haaland fit score up to 50 by end of the season.

That guy na cheat

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Zamfara: Police Confirm Killing Of 5 Officers, Two Soldiers By Bandits by 1x2x3: 8:16am On Sep 13
ezana1:
Why are they still referred to bandits instead of terrorists

I remember vividly, the kaduna midget and the talkative Shiekh rebranded their name from terrorists to bandits just to redeem the image of the north and change narratives. It has worked so far.
Politics / Re: We’re Concerned About State Of Affairs Under Tinubu – APC States Chairmen by 1x2x3: 7:44pm On Sep 12
DestinyNigga:

I wish I go catch u, I go remove one or two of that ur useless teeth

The entire 32.

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: We’re Concerned About State Of Affairs Under Tinubu – APC States Chairmen by 1x2x3: 7:43pm On Sep 12
DevilsEqual:
cheesy
This is neccessary tho and I must commend that.

PBAT is also working Day and Night to ease the hardship on you all and we will get there very soon

It goes to prove that APC have the masses in mind, they didnt turn deaf years to your tears.

This is what a political party should be worried about, not going around fighting your Chairman from Edo over issues that doesnt concern us

Oh, they aren't sore losers for being worried? I thought people who were worried are the obidient sore losers. You've been defending rubbish but I understand you have to do the job you were paid for.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Petrol Marketers Complained To That Our Diesel Price Is Too Cheap – Dangote by 1x2x3: 2:35pm On Sep 12
LegendHero:
Lol, what is the rationale behind them wanting high prices for diesel?

This news get as e be. Maybe the marketers get small mentalll problem coz this news sound somehow to me.

What I think is that the landing cost of the imported ones is about the same price Dangote is selling. They buyer cheaper outside + importation = about same figure as dangote. They come into Nigeria and sell way higher.

If they buy from Dangote, we will all know the real cost and can determine their greed. Another angle could be that they are benefitting from $$$ exchange. They get the dollars cheap from the Govt, do arbitrage in black market and make gains. If they buy from Dangote there will be no chance for arbitrage since it will be Naira transaction.

My opinion.

1 Like

NYSC / Re: Corps Members Appreciate Woman With Marching Parade For Providing Water(photos) by 1x2x3: 12:24pm On Sep 11
EvilMerodack:
This is great

Na during NYSC u go sabi say Nigerians really love themselves

Social Media fight na mirage

Social Media fight is usually instigated by paid agents of the Political class.
Sports / Re: Cute Video Of Nwankwo Kanu, His Wife & Daughter by 1x2x3: 6:49pm On Sep 09
Denalarian:

Look at your mum's before and after pics then answer your question

Dey eye people wives, one day you go collect.
Sports / Re: Cute Video Of Nwankwo Kanu, His Wife & Daughter by 1x2x3: 1:47pm On Sep 09
Denalarian:
Omo see wife

If they give her to you would you have to money to feed and maintain her to keep looking this way or she will look wretched in a week?

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Cut Down Cost Of Governance, Channel The Resources Into Education, Others – Obi by 1x2x3: 9:22am On Sep 09
Nairaland / General / Re: Viral Fish Pie Seller Has Packed All His Family Members Inside His House by 1x2x3: 10:24pm On Sep 08
That's his downfall. You don't carry people on your shoulders why climbing a tree to harvest fruits. Climb to the top then pluck and throw to them or help another person climb but make sure you are up there already.

7 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Yemi Adenuga: Irish People Attack Nigerian Vying For Post by 1x2x3: 6:35pm On Sep 08
AguluLiar:

Go and make your land habitable so that other Nigerians will want to live there.
As of today, no non indigenes live in your Biafra land.

Must all you relocate to South West?

The problem is that you guys don't travel beyond Lagos. I can bet you haven't stepped out of your region so you have very limited knowledge about other places. I'm from SS, I've been to every region of the country, I have gained exposure and I can see through the limitations you have.

There are 36 states in Nigeria, move around, it's a form of Education.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Yemi Adenuga: Irish People Attack Nigerian Vying For Post by 1x2x3: 5:03pm On Sep 08
yoniehuin:

He is not a yoruba man

Did you watch the video

He said the opposition party put the name Abiola to discredit him

He is a pure breed Igbo man

Did the name disqualify him?
Was he bullied?
Igbos voted him and he won irrespective of the Abiola name.

You guys added Igbo name to GRV, bullied him even though he was Yoruba. You see who are the real bullies?
Politics / Re: Yemi Adenuga: Irish People Attack Nigerian Vying For Post by 1x2x3: 4:55pm On Sep 08
yoniehuin:

He is not a yoruba man

he himself came out to debunk that he is Yoruba

he said the opponent put that in his name

This the man talking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV8wIYF_8qA

Did the name disqualify him?
Was he bullied?
Igbos voted him and he won irrespective of the Abiola name.

You guys added Igbo name to GRV, bullied him even though he was Yoruba. You see who are the real bullies?

5 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Yemi Adenuga: Irish People Attack Nigerian Vying For Post by 1x2x3: 4:52pm On Sep 08
Sweeetheart:
Sentiments aside can Nigerians allow an Irish or white rule them in this 21 century? No

Ordinary Igbo land, non Igbo can't contest there yet one fooool in the first page is abusing Yoruba that have many Igbo and other tribe in their state civil service and elective position and appointment in southwest states

Yoruba are suppose to leave their electives post for you clown so that you can be satisfy. Bloody homosapien

Use your votes don't bully.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 166 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.