Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,088 members, 7,887,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:15 PM

This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians (35548 Views)

Wives Of Nigerian Comedians In A Group Picture / Wives Of Nigerian Comedians; Who Is The Most Beautiful Amongst Them? / Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
**modified**
is this d best Mtn can do? gotta switch back to Airtel.

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by oluamid(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Herein lies my tent.

Modified
Chat bad people una don move me come second page. O'l boy eh, space booking is real oo. Na today I know.

Chisos!
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by coogar: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
it's simple!
nigerians are rarely doing anything for passion. they do it for the financial benefit. it's not only the comedians.....check out our music artistes, nollywood actors, etc. once they make money, they lose the passion to maintain their quality.

when the hunger is real, they work ever so hard to break barriers. when was the last time you have heard anything quality from 2face, MI, ruggedman, etc. when was the last time basket mouth or elenu came up with an original joke?

the art is a means to an end for many of them. make money, get fame........and then join politics. the other day i saw 9ice riding a donkey to submit his application - what an arsëhole!!! politics after just 3 albums? KSA has about 100 albums & he never ventured into politics.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Donlexino(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
A big FAT lie miss op
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by SHEYOR(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dem dey try..... ;DDem dey try.....
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by lawrenceunaa: 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ok everyone on oneself
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Dreyl(m): 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
boombay:
comedians in france are too funny because I schooled in franceundecided
Very Dry!

11 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Leo1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
Some body mentioned Basket Mouth! Seriously his jokes are no longer funny, he is too much into "Adult stuffs". U can't take kids to basket mouth shows and that's very bad. I love Gandoki, bt I think he no longer do jokes. So my favourites now are sheyi law, bovi one other guy(forgotten his name).

4 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Zaikon(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ilamina:
@ admins

arent u guys updating the front page with topics too fast undecided
same tot came to ma mind... But maybe dats Seun's directive.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Sanchez01: 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
First and foremost, let's not include AY in the list of Nigeria's rib crackers. The guy is only an individual who has stage concepts and nothing more. For Bovi and BM, I'd say that they are still the same, just that you expect something way more than they gave. MCing is not the same as a typical comedian; that is why the likes of Alibaba, the king himself, is not funny. It's always difficult to keep up, particularly with demands as that of comedy. What most of them do now is to recycle old jokes. The only person who tries to do something different everytime is Basketmouth, and that's because he draws his stage jokes from live experiences and them exaggerate them a bit.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Bibol(f): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
I feel some of them are losing focus. They have the money now so they really don't care if people laugh or not. They are riding on yesterday's glory and because they are popular, they get paid a lot of money
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Soft10(m): 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
cheesy
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
TDstarr:
AY is not a commedian he is an entertainer who shines with the stars of other people

those who laugh for AY's jokes obviously been drinking before the show starts. the laughter is caused by alcohol, not the jokes.

13 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Djicemob: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
OP AY has never been funny.

Bovi is the best for now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by naijaname(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
that is too small see the complete ones at www.naijaname.com

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
Truth, Basket mouth is not funny at all. He thinks making adult jokes make him funny? tell him he is deluded.
And AY, he's lost his game, only when he claims to be white garment prophet he makes me grin a little bit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
holatin:
what
you say bovi the only A+ dat still make sense and AY.
Ay no funny at all, he only has concept.
If he no look like basket mouth, he no fit be like basket mouth
best comedian after Mr beans.
Basket mouth my arssee , that guy isn't funnier than my dead grandmother. Seyi law isn't so bad and I go die too dey try
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by OjeriakhiVictor(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=coogar post=28567378]it's simple!

when was the last time you have heard anything quality from 2face, MI, ruggedman, etc. when was the last time basket mouth or elenu came up with an original joke.
Hmmmmn!! Are u in France too?
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by delors(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
This story applies directly to I Go Die...that guy's jokes don die finish. Those hustling days, he was madddddd! But now, even Kenny Saint Brown funny pass am...

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
boombay:
comedians in france are too funny because I schooled in franceundecided

dont you hear? its stale. this line does not work again.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by ITbomb(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
anssy:
some Nigerians are not encouraging
AY, is that you?

7 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sharon6:
OP. I just want you to know it gets to a stage in life that just your name and anything associated with you sells. Don't we all struggle to get to the top? When you get to the top you relax bro. This doesn't happen with just the comedian, it happen everywhere, football, offices even between the thugs/touts. You don see MC Olu-omo dey break bottle/engage in fighting now? Didn't he do all those before getting to the top.?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!

I beg to disagree , staying at the top requires more effort than reaching there. You have to be at the top of your game to remain relevant in any endeavour

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by donbrowser(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
Bunsky:
If i e-slap you now, them go say i wicked. See as u take ur yeye dot take create space wey some people don dey urge for since 2008

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by holatin(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Basket mouth my arssee , that guy isn't funnier than my dead grandmother. Seyi law isn't so bad and I go die too dey try
what maybe na face dey make you laugh not their joke
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by holatin(m): 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
An2elect2:

MTN Good eveningwink
evening sir
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Janeify(f): 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
Nuvally:
Na ur jealousy dey block d joke from bn funny
there's nothing like been jealous... he is making sense in a way

2 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by sisicalabar1: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Like Those comedians usually say, sometimes peoples problem can be so big that their joke wont sound funny.

Sweetlemon:
I just watched a hilarious edition of EL R8D on ebony life TV courtesy of EmmaohmyGod and Chigurl. There's this bitter after taste in my mouth because I realized that their sense of humour will most likely die a mysterious death when they become A-list stars. Why are our comedians like this?

I attended a wedding where Bovi was the MC. This was before he became popular. My goodness! We almost died of laughter! He presented us oven fresh jokes in the most unique manner. In fact, he was just something else. He soon became popular and even though he's still funny, (in fact, he's the only A-list star comedian that is still funny, and maybe AY) I have not enjoyed him the way I enjoyed before he became famous.

I have attended weddings/events with AY and basket mouth as MCs and I don't remember laughing even once. Maybe a smile here and there but no full blown laughter. AY is only funny in his shows, outside that, he's just there. But you won't believe it's the same guys that nearly cracked you to death during their hustling days. Even Julius Agwu is nothing to write home about at events. All they do now is charge outrageous fees just to show us their designer suits. Huh? Smh.

American comedians like Kevin Hart, Arsenio Hall, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Robin Williams (RIP) still make us laugh hysterically. So why are our stars forming like this? Could it be the psychological effect of too must hustling? Whatever, someone should tell these guys that this really not a good way of going international.

2 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by kilokeys(m): 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
akpororo is the best there is..

he sings better than most naija artistes

he dances better than most clubbers

his jokes are instantaneous.

the most creative joke of all time goes to Seyi law.. manhood vs shoe.. that was funny and original

but in general, i am tired of tribal jokes, jokes making fun of handicapped pple is nt funny in any way.

3 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Sweetlemon(f): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sharon6:
OP. I just want you to know it gets to a stage in life that just your name and anything associated with you sells. Don't we all struggle to get to the top? When you get to the top you relax bro. This doesn't happen with just the comedian, it happen everywhere, football, offices even between the thugs/touts. You don see MC Olu-omo dey break bottle/engage in fighting now? Didn't he do all those before getting to the top.?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!

Nonsense! Typical "I don land" Nigerian mentality. In other climes Staying at the top is just as difficult as getting to the top. Why do you think Kim K, Nicki Minaj and co. are always looking for ways of staying relevant? Robin Williams kept us laughing despite his old age and fight with depression. That's how it is done!

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
holatin:
what maybe na face dey make you laugh not their joke

Basket mouth is overrated , if you really want to know how funny his jokes are imagine other comedians telling his jokes or ask someone to do an imitation of his jokes , if you don't find them funny it means na you basket mouth face dey make laugh

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Lokogoma: 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
diluminati:
Truth, Basket mouth is not funny at all. He thinks making adult jokes make him funny? tell him he is deluded.
And AY, he's lost his game, only when he claims to be white garment prophet he makes me grin a little bit.
d one that baffle me is DAT Helen Paul still behaving like a kid

4 Likes

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by kelechiMarie(f): 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
Bovi is still dammn funny
akpo abi wetin be d name is a bit too forceful
Ay is quite dry
elenu and i go dye have gone off radar
the rest?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funke Akindele & Fan Who Accused DrSid Of Destroying Tiwa's Marriage / Ini Edo Shows Off Her PVC In Beautiful Photos / Omawumi Calls President Buhari An 'incompetent Old Man'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.