Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,088 members, 7,887,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:13 PM

This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians (35547 Views)

Wives Of Nigerian Comedians In A Group Picture / Wives Of Nigerian Comedians; Who Is The Most Beautiful Amongst Them? / Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by danbrowndmf(m): 10:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
[quote
author=zappyj post=28570019]AY na business man jare.. Basket-mouth
thinks the only way to make peeps laff is to crack offesive jokes and
insult peeps.

The idiotic Basket-mouth came to Kenya and was insultin Nigerian girls
forgetting dt Nigerians could also be there[/quote] Mod catch dis guy na fraud,see his signature
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by RazziP(m): 10:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
Really! Your opinion
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by mkoabiola: 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
No joke(s) again in d comdey in d industry
All na pirated and recycling now
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
buccal:
And their this thing I noticed bout this A-list comedians who host shows in london'et all,why do they abuse nigerians in the name of making comedy and this americans will think nigerians are that dumb,I watch the videos they make on youtube.its quite annoying

best post so far
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Mario100: 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
:oi. Jst day observe
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by 4C2215131: 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sweetlemon:

That stuff is getting stale abeg. Seems you didn't read the entire msg else you would have seen where I said that the upcoming comedians make me laugh. Abi my problems no big pass their own jokes? Dundee united!

Tactful, lovely, matured and well thought reply to the veiled insult the knuckle-head directed at you. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by joykelex(f): 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
bovi is still de best only his face can
make u lol
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
honestly I can be an a list comedian. fresh jokes out of thing air. but I dey fear say my mates go laugh me when I start
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Enoquin(f): 11:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
thatniqqress:

Kelvin hart, overratted.
Chris rock anytime any day
Ehn

Thank you jare, really overrated. I don't know what peeps see in Kevin Hart, the dude just shouts all over the place, lump him with Kat Williams. Give me Chris Rock jare, anytime, anyday.

Obviously, OP doesn't know what funny is...putting Kevin Hart and Chris Rock in the same sentence; AY and Bovi in the same bracket. I am happy, Bovi's hustle is now paying off, that's all. AY, the dude is darn lucky.

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by IamTochukwu: 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
Pls Vote me, Tochukwu, Do it in the name of God. My name is Tochukwu. Follow this link, its a Diamond Bank Competition. http://notjustok.com/2014/12/01/diamond-bank-youneedanewbank-remix-contest-top-30-finalists-released-voting-starts-now/
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
Isiterere:
...Very annoying.
Nowadays, I have to remember their old jokes to makes me laugh to their current dry jokes.

My best and current comedian still remain MAMA PEJ.

ALL IZZ WELL
MAMA PEJ on point grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Enoquin(f): 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
coogar:
it's simple!
nigerians are rarely doing anything for passion. they do it for the financial benefit. it's not only the comedians.....check out our music artistes, nollywood actors, etc. once they make money, they lose the passion to maintain their quality.

when the hunger is real, they work ever so hard to break barriers. when was the last time you have heard anything quality from 2face, MI, ruggedman, etc. when was the last time basket mouth or elenu came up with an original joke?

the art is a means to an end for many of them. make money, get fame........and then join politics. the other day i saw 9ice riding a donkey to submit his application - what an arsëhole!!! politics after just 3 albums?

You forgot to mention the eagles, see Mikel, look at his attitude...no hunger. It's a money society, so everyone just works to get money (almost everyone); very few are driven by the need to better the society or the lives around them. They'd display cash online as if there's a proclamation that we would soon go back to using cowries.

As for 9ice, he rode an a.s.s because he is an ... cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by peteruuu(m): 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
holatin:
what
you say bovi the only A+ dat still make sense and AY.
Ay no funny at all, he only has concept.
If he no look like basket mouth, he no fit be like basket mouth
best comedian after Mr beans.
On point

This one is real... grin

I say this one is realll

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sweetlemon:
I just watched a hilarious edition of EL R8D on ebony life TV courtesy of EmmaohmyGod and Chigurl. There's this bitter after taste in my mouth because I realized that their sense of humour will most likely die a mysterious death when they become A-list stars. Why are our comedians like this?

I attended a wedding where Bovi was the MC. This was before he became popular. My goodness! We almost died of laughter! He presented us oven fresh jokes in the most unique manner. In fact, he was just something else. He soon became popular and even though he's still funny, (in fact, he's the only A-list star comedian that is still funny, and maybe AY) I have not enjoyed him the way I enjoyed before he became famous.

I have attended weddings/events with AY and basket mouth as MCs and I don't remember laughing even once. Maybe a smile here and there but no full blown laughter. AY is only funny in his shows, outside that, he's just there. But you won't believe it's the same guys that nearly cracked you to death during their hustling days. Even Julius Agwu is nothing to write home about at events. All they do now is charge outrageous fees just to show us their designer suits. Huh? Smh.

American comedians like Kevin Hart, Arsenio Hall, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Robin Williams (RIP) still make us laugh hysterically. So why are our stars forming like this? Could it be the psychological effect of too must hustling? Whatever, someone should tell these guys that this really not a good way of going international.
All these national & int'l comedians wey u list so,never reach MAMA PEJ-the best joke that has ever happened to Naija. grin grin
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by mojibbz(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
thatniqqress:
Still like bovi and basket mouth

AY is just so dry ehn

The only thing I enjoyed from AY

Is that torture clip

Yemi black did

And princess is just stock fish

She should go and help naija

In shotput

Kelvin hart, overratted.

Ehn
thatniqqress:

AY is just so dry ehn

Is that torture clip

Yemi black did

In shotput

Kelvin hart, overratted.

Ehn
thatniqqress:

AY is just so dry ehn

Is that torture clip

Yemi black did

In shotput

Kelvin hart, overratted.

Ehn
Like seriously!!!!! Your opinion tho...
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by BadSamaritan(m): 12:02am On Dec 04, 2014
But seriously, has anyone ever even smiled at Princess and Jedi's jokes? To think that those 2 homo sapiens became popular from a trade they are annoyingly very bad at.

Was at WWTBAM once, and Seyi Law was there to cheer the audience up. That was my first time of hearing about him. He was even putting on one of those "my money grow like grass" kind of T-shirts they sell at oshodi. Gawd! Even Frank Edoho forgot why we were there. Everybody (including cameramen, directors, host etc) laff sotey, he had to be dragged off from the stage for the programme to continue.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by mikron(m): 12:02am On Dec 04, 2014
Sweetlemon:
I just watched a hilarious edition of EL R8D on ebony life TV courtesy of EmmaohmyGod and Chigurl. There's this bitter after taste in my mouth because I realized that their sense of humour will most likely die a mysterious death when they become A-list stars. Why are our comedians like this?

I attended a wedding where Bovi was the MC. This was before he became popular. My goodness! We almost died of laughter! He presented us oven fresh jokes in the most unique manner. In fact, he was just something else. He soon became popular and even though he's still funny, (in fact, he's the only A-list star comedian that is still funny, and maybe AY) I have not enjoyed him the way I enjoyed before he became famous.

I have attended weddings/events with AY and basket mouth as MCs and I don't remember laughing even once. Maybe a smile here and there but no full blown laughter. AY is only funny in his shows, outside that, he's just there. But you won't believe it's the same guys that nearly cracked you to death during their hustling days. Even Julius Agwu is nothing to write home about at events. All they do now is charge outrageous fees just to show us their designer suits. Huh? Smh.

American comedians like Kevin Hart, Arsenio Hall, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Robin Williams (RIP) still make us laugh hysterically. So why are our stars forming like this? Could it be the psychological effect of too must hustling? Whatever, someone should tell these guys that this really not a good way of going international.
very funny at the bolded, AY funny? naaaahhhhh.
when we talk about A list funny comedians then u must mention the likes of
Gordons
I go die
Basketmouth
gandoki
sim card
Elenu
Sheyi law
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by lanrei(m): 12:05am On Dec 04, 2014
boombay:
comedians in france are too funny because I schooled in franceundecided

the effect is outdated just like the comedian jokes... move on
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by lanrei(m): 12:10am On Dec 04, 2014
dani1luv:
Simply the Truth..

Though 'I Go Dye" is still eff hilarious. .

I GO DYE.... smiley smiley

Mere looking at the guy, your smile go begin do press up..

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 04, 2014
Sweetlemon:

That stuff is getting stale abeg. Seems you didn't read the entire msg else you would have seen where I said that the upcoming comedians make me laugh. Abi my problems no big pass their own jokes? Dundee united!
Hmm. You follow Scottish footie? Im a fan of Celtic FC cool
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by maxani: 12:24am On Dec 04, 2014
look no further, this guy is the newest and freshest. He's called frank donga. Check him on twitter and Instagram @frankdonga_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEtAsq0aWeE
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Pamcrest(f): 12:28am On Dec 04, 2014
Op u are so on point! Many of those socalled A-listers no longer excite me. I attend events early now to enjoy the opening acts....they crack better jokes. Once d big goons take d stage I mentally switch off.....boring lot.
I was aghast watching/listening to Basketmouth at Mo Abudu's 50th bash, he was outrageously boooring, such dry jokes......d entire crowded hall was eerie quiet....no one even giggled! It was that bad.
I think many of them have veered into other business ventures so they don't give as much of themselves to creating jokes like they used to. Basketmouth, AY, I go die, Agwu have outrun their course,,,they should just pack up n quit d stage.
I still enjoy Alibaba and Gordon's though.
My humble submission
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by maxani: 12:28am On Dec 04, 2014
Here's more comedy skits from this frank donga guy.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWuhlzVsmezr4iJ4UzLOxX3tfMIkdKPWV
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by maxani: 12:36am On Dec 04, 2014
Let's go easy on the lot of them.
They say comedy is really hard work.
The bedrock of standup comedy in the country (maybe also abroad) was built on daily struggles and misfortune of the lower class.
It's not that easy to get inspiration from such anymore once you've grown into a higher income level.
I Wish them all the best.

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 04, 2014
boombay:
comedians in france are too funny because I schooled in franceundecided

So
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Seekeroftruth: 2:09am On Dec 04, 2014
Leo1:
Some body mentioned Basket Mouth! Seriously his jokes are no longer funny, he is too much into "Adult stuffs". U can't take kids to basket mouth shows and that's very bad. I love Gandoki, bt I think he no longer do jokes. So my favourites now are sheyi law, bovi one other guy(forgotten his name).
yea, thats d problem, Adult jokes here and there.
Not forgetting, I Go die. He brought warri to lime light.
Also, klint d drunk. Though not a Frequent comedian. But he is Good

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by pweetyz(f): 2:42am On Dec 04, 2014
i think the way people venture into comedy lately is quite alarming undecided..
some of them have got no sense of humour and go into it simply because a person or two made comments about them being hillarious..
example;check out castro-de-comedian..that guy is like the worst comedian ever..(no hard feelings)..he says dry jokes,makes dry shows,etc

i think there should be a law banning horrible comedians cos laughter is very essential..we all know that its the best medicine

1 Like

Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 04, 2014
UnknownT:
Op, u need to come to PH, tune in to Silverbird PH or RSTV and hear dry jokes. From Prince Hezekiah to Castro d comedian, rugged pastor, mc benbillo, mc mor mor. Jesus Christ have mercy on us, and to think that all the names i mentioned are upcoming comedians. A set of very dry and humorless individuals
Port Harcourt seems to have a dearth of quality comedians.
Prince Hezekiah is a fraud of a comedian. Dan de Humorous stopped being funny eons ago.
That is why comedy shows like AY live will sell out when they come into town.

I went to a wedding reception a while ago. The MC comedian resorted to barking to get laugh s.
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by leofab(f): 3:53am On Dec 04, 2014
Sweetlemon:

sams thing with our super eagles
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by mekzyjoe(m): 4:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Sharon6:
OP. I just want you to know it gets to a stage in life that just your name and anything associated with you sells. Don't we all struggle to get to the top? When you get to the top you relax bro. This doesn't happen with just the comedian, it happen everywhere, football, offices even between the thugs/touts. You don see MC Olu-omo dey break bottle/engage in fighting now? Didn't he do all those before getting to the top.?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!
op i fear for dis ur products oo even for d people way go use am..where is d nafdac no..hope no b hypo product o
Re: This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians by unibenstudent1(m): 4:58am On Dec 04, 2014
pweetyz:
i think the way people venture into comedy lately is quite alarming undecided..
some of them have got no sense of humour and go into it simply because a person or two made comments about them being hillarious..
example;check out castro-de-comedian..that guy is like the worst comedian ever..(no hard feelings)..he says dry jokes,makes dry shows,etc

i think there should be a law banning horrible comedians cos laughter is very essential..we all know that its the best medicine

barrister calm down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funke Akindele & Fan Who Accused DrSid Of Destroying Tiwa's Marriage / Ini Edo Shows Off Her PVC In Beautiful Photos / Omawumi Calls President Buhari An 'incompetent Old Man'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.