Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,145 members, 7,880,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:54 PM

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (30908 Views)

Kenyan Lady Whose Hands Were Cut Off As She Couldn't Have A Child Is Pregnant / Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos) / I Can’t Bear My Husband’s Strong Sexual Urge: Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by miriamgroove: 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
FROM MY OWN POINT OF VIEW.. THE SECOND WOMAN IS VERY DESPERATE.. SUMTIN LIKE THIS HAD HAPPENED IN MY AREA...A VERY RICH MANS WIFE WOULD NOT BEAR A CHILD FOR 20 YEARS...THE MAN DECIDED TO LOOK FOR A YOUNGER GIRL..WHICH HE SAW..SHE HAD TWO SONS FOR HIM
..HE BOUGHT HER HOUSES,CARS SHE TRAVEL OUT OF THE COUNTRY ANY TIME SHE WANT..WE JUST DISCOVERED THAT THOSE CHILDREN ARE NOT HIS..
because HER BOYFRIEND WANTS HIS KIDS BACK.. SO I THINK U SHOULD WAIT FOR HER TO DELIVER THE BABY.. DO A D.N.A TEST...BEFORE U ACT... MY OPINION..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kay17:

Poor secretaries.
oh yeah but rather desperate secretaries like what miriamgroove just said
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by sainty2k3(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
matingo:

I disagree with you. I have been there before and my husband stood by me and today we have two kids to the glory of God.
When you trust in God, you will never be disappointed.

I'm so happy for u,and I agree with ur assertion. and also thank God for u too. what I'm trying to say is just that the men that couldn't hold it till the last should not be castigated or seen as evil or weak. we should rather keep praying for more grace for and encourage the people in such situation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by VickyRotex(f): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Anytime nau - This boy is caring. cheesy

Yinmu cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by 2mNaira: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=ProphetUdeme post=29897097][/quote]

My brother u have heen set up. That lady planned d whole thg. I will.be surprised if dt child is urs. Chai! U have seriously backslidded .So it it is childlessness and sex dt will seperate u from d love of christ. Have u lost sight of heaven? Return to 'ur fist love'. Get out of lukewarmness.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by jadelyn007(f): 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
macof:

Why should any sane African man swear in a church? Marital vows should be between the couple making their own terms of the relationship...even family members don't have to bud in

Ur church vow thing is staged, nobody puts that in mind. ..we all just say "Yes. .I do" because we seen it no TV ... the real vow is between them...something probably made months before the wedding

Is it not all this church vows that lead to the long row of divorce cases each day in the western world?
sorry bro, he's a christian, nt a pagan.n obviously believes those vows if nt he wouldnt have to come to nairaland, he would have married her a longtime ago.

By the way, how forefathers didn't commit adultery, it was polygamy. So he should married the secretary directly instead of impregnating her without following the traditional customary law. So he's wrong on all counts.

Not that I support polygamy for him

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Truckpusher(m): 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yinmu cheesy
What? grin

This boy loyal die . cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by VickyRotex(f): 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
What? grin

This boy loyal die . cheesy

cheesy cool grin
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by macof(m): 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
jadelyn007:
sorry bro, he's a christian, nt a pagan.n obviously believes those vows if nt he wouldnt have to come to nairaland, he would have married her a longtime ago.

By the way, how forefathers didn't commit adultery, it was polygamy. So he should married the secretary directly instead of impregnating her without following the traditional customary law. So he's wrong on all counts.

Not that I support polygamy for him

Why would you quote me just to say this?

Anyway. ..to right the wrongs. ..he must marry her
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by galantjoe(m): 7:13am On Aug 06, 2015
dont throw ur first wife out. ur secretary knows that u re married and yet decided to have child with u. so marry her as ur second wife. dont feel desperate be man on charge. tame her conditions. secondly take ur pregrant secretary personally to hospital for pregnant test and scanning. use it to compare the last u f**k her. seek indepedent prof opinion to know whether the pregnancy is yours. congratulations for taking this hard and bold decision. SAY NO ADOPTION WHERE YOUR PENIS IS WORKABLE

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Empress2014(f): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
bravado90:

A lady!!!?
So shall it b unto u as u've said
am just seeing this now...what does that suppose to mean? Seems you don't understand what I wrote there..u need to know how to read and understand before spilling trash out.. undecided
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by mutter(f): 10:22am On Aug 17, 2015
What you need to do is talk to your wife and tell her the truth then together you might come on a humane solution.
If your first wife has been a good wife why would you want to send her away? Children are a gift from God and God alone decides when .
As for the second woman- would you want to raise your child as an illegitimate child, deprived of growing up in a home?
Is that child not entitled to having that privilege. You do not have any child and yet you are not ready to offer this child the best undecided
You are now between the devil and the deep blue sea!

Our culture allows for a man to take more than one wife and it was also like that in the old testament.
Please do the only right thing in this situation marry her but make sure your wife gets her respect as the first wife. You must make it clear to the mother of her child and her people that you will not compromise on that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
mutter:
What you need to do is talk to your wife and tell her the truth then together you might come on a humane solution.
If your first wife has been a good wife why would you want to send her away? Children are a gift from God and God alone decides when .
As for the second woman- would you want to raise your child as an illegitimate child, deprived of growing up in a home?
Is that child not entitled to having that privilege. You do not have any child and yet you are not ready to offer this child the best undecided
You are now between the devil and the deep blue sea!

Our culture allows for a man to take more than one wife and it was also like that in the old testament.
Please do the only right thing in this situation marry her but make sure your wife gets her respect as the first wife. You must make it clear to the mother of her child and her people that you will not compromise on that.

nice one coming from you
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Piccado: 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
I have seen cases of a woman who had married twice, but had ran away to her father's house on the guise that the first hubby was a ritualist then the second a bully. Women of this days come up with lies to men to marry them, then run away with their babies to their father's house.Her father a catholic who claims he is a marriage counsellor in Agodo Egbe area and a big time fish seller in that area. This should anoda case of some parents practicing to be boko haram case and chibok girl.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Chuksgeo: 9:33am On Nov 12, 2015
tabisegroup:
he's in deeper life not Zion grin
This is no joke bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour / Couple Welcome Twins 25 Years After Marriage In Aba / Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.