Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (30882 Views)

Kenyan Lady Whose Hands Were Cut Off As She Couldn't Have A Child Is Pregnant / Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos) / I Can’t Bear My Husband’s Strong Sexual Urge: Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by zeb04(f): 8:46am On Aug 05, 2015
if you were impotent,how would you want your wife to handle the situation.
be the judge

8 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by ylaa(f): 8:46am On Aug 05, 2015
why r u asking us? did u consult with us when u impregnated ur secretary? did u even consult God? u claim to be a christain. abeg do what u like. leave us joor. how are you sure the pregnancy is yours?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by dridowu: 8:46am On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmm ds mata pass me
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by maxiuc(m): 8:46am On Aug 05, 2015
For better or for worst did u skip it if you skiped it then marry another wife but if u didn't skip it then oga remain there nawaoo me I dey fear women their names na hanna sarah I no fit wait lky baba Abraham
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by BonaVIta(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2015
keep your first wife and the child
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by RealAdewole(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2015
you are looking for somebody that will say "YES"

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by billionman: 8:47am On Aug 05, 2015
Be sure that the pregnancy is yours first before taking any actio n

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by ojemglo(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2015
IF YOU SEND YOUR FIRST WIFE OUT OF YOUR HOUSE COS OF THIS,THIS MEANS YOU ARE THE ORUBEBE IN THE MAKING TO PDP AND GEJ...RUBISH

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Erotex(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2015
Nothing wrong if ur first wife is involved #RespectHer

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Ybnm4life(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2015
If they are legally married No, but if they are not Maybe...
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by tabisegroup(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Chuksgeo:
Yes it is very wrong, wait on God, for there shall be none barren in zion"
he's in deeper life not Zion grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Beedude(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2015
hazyfm1:
SURULERE
OJUELEGBA wink
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by eaccyboy(m): 8:49am On Aug 05, 2015
Nope...
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by tivta(m): 8:49am On Aug 05, 2015
Feminist will attack you oh, Nigerian women are always right...
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by pomporiking: 8:49am On Aug 05, 2015
moca:
Nonsense!

Assuming u r the one who couldnt give ur wife belle nko?

Can she go outside?

Can she tell d world her boo is impotent?

Warped and myopic nigerian mentality.

What happened to adoption?

Jeez!

What is wrong with these folks.
SMH

Until you're married 14yrs without children pls don't judge

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by idbami2(m): 8:50am On Aug 05, 2015
calaruta:

Mr Oga no be like that o
Na so dem dey read am fr weddng ceremonyy
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Briteiyobo1(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2015
Guy just divorce n get another babe we are Africans children are very important to us when it comes to having a happy family. The lady might be lucky too when she move further too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by wendixx(f): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2015
The Number 1 purpose of marriage is for companionship... "it is not good that man should be alone, I will make him an help meet...". Procreation though very important, is secondary. If a couple need a child that badly, they should please go and adopt.

The man in question seems worried about the "sin" of taking a second wife, not even bothered about the fact that he has been committing adultery all this while against his wife. Why he is concerned now is because of what people will say not because he is sorry or repentant.

But since the new woman is already pregnant, tell her that you love your wife and can't send her packing, but you are ready to cater for the unborn child and it's mother.

NB: ENSURE YOU DO A PATERNITY TEST AFTER THE CHILD IS BORN BECAUSE THAT LADY CAME WITH A MISSION... AND WAS DETERMINED TO ACHIEVE IT BY HOOK OR CROOK.

Ask God for forgiveness. Abraham who got a son from his maid out of desperation, that son is the reason why the world is in chaos today. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Sparkles003(f): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
they had love escapades many times. So its obviously certain that he is the father of the unborn child.
Same way she could have all been having love escapades with others afteral she wasn't living with him?
Bring her in as second wife,lose your peace.
Drive the first away and you will regret it.
The deed has been done,tell the first the truth better she hears it from you than your family and rent a comfortable place for the baby mama.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by rane06(f): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2015
Very selfish man. Very desperete woman too.she may not even be pregnant. Home breakers everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by jaybee3(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2015
Why don't you just divorce the woman instead of making her life hell?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by melvin0004(m): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2015
wot u nid is advice. ....ok
first go 2 d hospital n carry out a DNA test 2 confirm if d child is truly urs.
Secondly, if confirmed tell ur wife abt it so she wudnt hear it frm outsiders
thirdly, both of u shd decide on wots d best possible way out . but personally u shdnt bring d lady 2 ur house, u can get her n apartment n take kia of d baby....

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by HirstMOG(m): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2015
Bros u for com ask us first b4 bleeping her nau. Sorry it is too late cos the head is off already!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by fireforfire: 8:53am On Aug 05, 2015
So deeper life pple dey commit adultery too
Wonderful!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by sholay2011(m): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2015
It is 'right' if the major reason you got married is to have children...which is sadly, the root of many marriages in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Pukka36(f): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2015
U are talking about doctrines and religion when U've already soiled Ur hands!
*Sit and watch as Ur marriage fall apart*.
Men like U r incapable of keeping two wives.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by jones2014: 8:55am On Aug 05, 2015
Nigga, not a smart move! i understand you desire to have your kids, but it all depends on if there are "underlying issues" that needs to be resolved. please thread carefully and neer hurt your wife. that union is sacred
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by emmasky90(m): 8:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Why considering your religion now?? You didn't remember you were a Christian when you were having promiscuous escapades with your secretary??

Some people self.....

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by trappatoni(m): 8:57am On Aug 05, 2015
moca:
Nonsense!

Assuming u r the one who couldnt give ur wife belle nko?

Can she go outside?

Can she tell d world her boo is impotent?

Warped and myopic nigerian mentality.

What happened to adoption?

Jeez!

What is wrong with these folks.
SMH
how are you sure the baby is yours? folks should start looking at adoption as an alternative, besides the good Lord can still do it for you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by MrP7: 8:58am On Aug 05, 2015
Bros firstly your married, What do you think Kumuyi will say ?
For better for worse. Shame on you that you could consider sending your first wife home.
Do a DNA test when the baby is born. There are private firms in Lagos that can do this.
If the child is yours look after the chikd with the mum , but no second wife and no hitting on the woman again .
Your first wife is your wife for life
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by DollyParton1(f): 8:58am On Aug 05, 2015
So u both did medical tests and they stated that your wife is the cause of your barrenness?

And how how sure are you that that baby is yours?

Plus what is wrong with adoption?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by sainty2k3(m): 8:59am On Aug 05, 2015
I pray for everyone reading this that u will not experience barrenness.
if u are passing through what the man is passing through u will know that under such pressure anything can be justified

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour / Mrs. Bernadette Chidi has been found / My Husband Has Refused To Get Cure For Low-sperm Count - Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.