Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,149 members, 7,880,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:06 PM

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (30909 Views)

Kenyan Lady Whose Hands Were Cut Off As She Couldn't Have A Child Is Pregnant / Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos) / I Can’t Bear My Husband’s Strong Sexual Urge: Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Truckpusher(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2015
freecocoa:
What sort of mentality is this? What if they haven't tried to get pregnant? Are you saying people can't control themselves or what?
I was only messing around with VickyRotex nau.

Person no fit play again with una?

But on a second thought, why are you always trying to paint me bad all the time always picking out comments that was clearly a joke and highlighting it in a very bad manner? Why , what have I done to you ?
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by fortunejum: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2015
philfrey08:
U say you are a Christian. That means you swore an oat in church to be faithful, loyal and honest to your wife and to love her for better or worse.

You didn't keep the sacred vow, you cheated on her and God wouldn't b happy with you.

Talk to your wife about it, she can adopt the child as hers. Be a real man and show her how much you love her. It would b bad to leave her after 14yrs.
You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2015
chiteny:

Strictly prohibits ko. Strictly allowance ni.

Now u remember you are a Strong christian. but when u were busy frolicking with another woman who is not your wife you did not know.

mtcheeeew!
THANK YOU.

THEM ONLY TWEAK THE BIBLE TO SUIT THEM,

THIS GENERATION OF VIPERS
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by jiggar(m): 9:55am On Aug 05, 2015
@OP, first, I want to commend you for having the grace to share your family issues.
Secondly, it's not easy to wait for something, that you so desperately need, even after so many years of keeping the faith.
At this juncture, I will let you know that, God is still in the business of doing miracles. I have two pairs of family friends(husband and wife), that have been married for over 15 years each, without any child. I and my family were in constant prayers on their behalf, morning and night( I am not saying, I am a saint, but I love these couples).
Lo and behold, both of them just gave birth, last month, just a week interval between both deliveries. If you see how happy I was, you will begin to think I impregnated both ladies.
So my brother, don't chase your first wife away, God will put a smile on her face, she is a woman, and God Almighty will do what only HE, knows how to do best.
Shallom.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Truckpusher(m): 9:58am On Aug 05, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy Ehn ehn, clever you right?

What's the meaning of this below? grin

Talk about fertility test, yea that's fine. Heard of it too. That's the reason why we need more awareness on that part. Lots of people dont know about it, and some just count it as irrelevant. Well truth is, I've never thought about doing it too.

Crude test run? That can come in the marriage. Most important thing is to do the test you advised. undecided

Well, well! If you're dead sure that you'll end up with someone for life - what difference does it make ? After all people are doing it and even getting pregnant everyday.
I hope you're aware that it is not possible to date someone for over a long period of time without misfiring ? cheesy
No matter how clever you think you are unless you did a comprehensive family planning even without marriage on your mind - Abeg don't do pills o , it will finish you even before you started . wink
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by tola9ja: 10:00am On Aug 05, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
[/quote]

The best answer stick to it

[quote author=Empress2014 post=36623643] undecided from the way you potray the story,your secretary looks desperate, don't send your wife out because of her ,after all she knows you already have a wife before getting pregnant for you, so her idea of not wanting to be a second wife shouldn't be welcomed, try and calm her(secretary) to give you some time so that she won't end up terminating the preg or threaten to terminate it...your wife might pack out herself if she finally knows about this,thats a different case but if she doesn't move out, then u are already a polygamist....Mr Man,forget religion for this case o,u knew u were a deeper life before screwing someone else, no need to ask us again sef,u already have two wives...Congratulation
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 05, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:
Bluntly said NOT RIGHT!

********modified********

But now that you're into it already, I'll just advise that you always see your dear wife, your matrimonial first wife the mother if the house.

See her as owning everything you have, so the thoughts of sending her out won't come into fruition.

As for your lucky secretary, she's just a bearer. See her as a contractual bearer of your property. And after the contract successfully completed, terminate her appointment in and out of your office, but don't forget to compensate her heavily for that favour she's doing. E no easy to nurture sperm to foetus now.

Perhaps if you need the second child later nd U can't still not get it from home, you can still contact her IF AVAILABLE to renew your durable contract. Now this time, don't forget to put duration, possibly you can have a paperwork too, to help your family...all these with the direct consent of your Matrimonial woman!

My Candid Advise!
guy you nailed it, if i was the wife, i will gladly accept all you laid out here, i will thank the secretary for work well done...but the man should stand by the wife o cos traditionally at the end of everything the mantle might fall on the secretary cos she bare the apparent heir.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Btruth: 10:07am On Aug 05, 2015
It's simple. Go the Father Abraham way in the bible. Keep your first wife (which is your Sarah) and try and tame your concubine secretary and her child (which is your Haggai). Remember, we all have emotional feelings, don't say because of your selfish interest and hurt others.

It is well with you in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by adedam23(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2015
VickyRotex:
Since you said someone is pregnant for you, (ofwhich you cant be so sure the baby is yours) especially as it involves a secretary who already knows you're married.

Can you also allow your wife test run with another man outside? undecided

#SURULERE
so, what's yhur conclusion o jae undecided
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by jesussaves22: 10:11am On Aug 05, 2015
Do not send your wife away. You can as well do a DNA test to confirm the paternity of the child if after the test and the pregnancy belongs to you then talk to your genuine and authentic wife to assist you in welcoming a go digger you impregnated. But let your real and genuine wife remains with you and be the mother general. There's still time for your wife to get pregnant, last year a couple celebrated 20 yrs of being without a child and on the 21st year she became pregnant and had a twin boys. So brother patience is what you need and hence you failed to have patience please do not send your wife away because of the woman you impregnated. God bless you
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by jabojafa(m): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2015
one of d problems d world is facing in d middle East and in Naija in form of bk wz caused by Sarah who wznt patient enuf for d promise to fulfilled in her life. She wantd to help God n see whr we are today wit boko boiz. Hope ur actions wont be creatin anoda problem for d world in future?
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by wamenzy(f): 10:13am On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=ProphetUdeme post=29897097][/quote]

So u want to send ur ist wife away..... Bcuz of her ehhhh...... Let me put it dis way... How will u feel if u are d one at fault..... If u were d one dat cud not impregnate ur wife.... Will u let her get married to anoda man.... Will u b happy.....use ur tongue to count ur teeth

Babymamas are everywhere.... Ur sec knew u were married and she stil decided to b with u.... So wat u shud do is to takia of her and support her,.... Not getting married to her...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Truckpusher(m): 10:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Midehi:

guy you nailed it, if i was the wife, i will gladly accept all you laid out here, i will thank the secretary for work well done...but the man should stand by the wife o cos traditionally at the end of everything the mantle might fall on the secretary cos she bare the apparent heir.
The highlighted is one mistake that too many women make by taking into consideration this aspect when issues of this nature arises.Though a wise man would always keep her away from the first wife and bear the stress of running to and fro to fulfil his conjugal duties if not that one na another kasala. grin
Many women would be so fixated on who gets what in the future thereby losing sight of the grand plan by the new wife to relieve Her of her duties .
If I were a woman , I'll hold tenaciously unto my husband and make sure I control the source of everything after all she's a thief and will only get what gets to her with my consent of course . But some women will begin to kick up dust and finally lose grip of the man,the home and her place.
This isn't to support the man in question but now that the deed has been done one need to come up with plan B.
You can't allow one thief to steal your home from you. grin
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by freecocoa(f): 10:15am On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
I was only messing around with VickyRotex nau.

Person no fit play again with una?

But on a second thought, why are you always trying to paint me bad all the time always picking out comments that was clearly a joke and highlighting it in a very bad manner? Why , what have I done to you ?
Dude am not picking on you, I even try to avoid you as you people don't hesitate to call names.

Well, it didn't come off as a joke and I've heard people say that a lot, so I was just wondering.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by freeage7(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2015
U can still ask father Abraham and Sarah, even if Abraham did not marry the maid. They are in best position to answer that question. Or maybe ask muslim scholars, their religious belief says more than three, so, ask them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by MARKone(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2015
It is quite unfortunate for you guys, I mean you and your wife. Do not send your wife away, because she couldn't conceive, put yourself in her shoe. The lady you got pregnant and is telling you to drive your first wife away is Evil, and you should be careful. Please set your terms to her, tell her you'll take your decision after she births, before that time, you would have sort yourself out. If I am the one, I can't and would never have two women under my roof as wives, I can't deal, I will pay the secretary's dowry if she insists, but will rent another house for her, and share my time between the two women, it is a dicey situation. Next time, inquire well, surrogacy services are now available in Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by charlsecy(m): 10:20am On Aug 05, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
they had love escapades many times. So its obviously certain that he is the father of the unborn child.
Naive, myopic assessment.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Atlantian: 10:20am On Aug 05, 2015
You already have wife and now you are expecting a son, congrats.

Remember, there is something called "Baby Mama".

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by VickyRotex(f): 10:23am On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Well, well! If you're dead sure that you'll end up with someone for life - what difference does it make ? After all people are doing it and even getting pregnant everyday.
I hope you're aware that it is not possible to date someone for over a long period of time without misfiring ? cheesy
No matter how clever you think you are unless you did a comprehensive family planning even without marriage on your mind - Abeg don't do pills o , it will finish you even before you started . wink

lol cheesy
You cant be dead sure. And ofcourse, It sure makes a lot of difference.

It is possible to date someone over a long period of time without misfiring. But even at that, why stress yourself to fire in the 1st place?. Why stress yourself over family planning when you can equally abstain, and do your family planning when married?.

Remember the word says "Family" planning. undecided

Its good to have a knowledge of these stuffs, (i.e FT, and FP) and use it when necessary.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by mu2sa2: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2015
There are many strands of Christianity - catholic, apostolic, 7th Day, orthodox, c&s, Pentecostal, jw, up to 4k according to some estimates. l heard a senior member of a church has argued that the bible does nt insist on one man, one wife. Op has the option to port church, after all his present church is not the only church on earth.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Guys, have you noticed that the man who post it doesn't own the story? He copied and pasted it from somewhere else. So if I were you, I would stop saying "you" when answering...
thanks for recognising that. Some of them push the blame on me as if am the person
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by peedeeasobie(m): 10:26am On Aug 05, 2015
I don't know if I should give you a Christian advice or a secular advice because you have already broken your marital vows to your wife!

1: what on earth do you think marriage is? What did the vows mean to you? Did you vow to stay with her only if she gives you a child?

2: you sound chauvinistic in your word "a son to call my own". What happened to a daughter? You also sound very weak- your family members want to throw your wife away, your friends want you to send her away. Is she a community wife?

3: if you are truly a Christian, what happened to your faith in God? I know couples who have given birth after 20 years of marriage!

4: have you paused to imagine that this is not just about you? Do you think that your wife is not crying day and night, praying and asking God for a miracle? Have you considered what she must be going through? The emotional and mental trauma she must be undergoing?

5: your secretary is a jezebel! She knew you were married, opened her legs for you, got pregnant and is asking you to put away someone that has suffered with/for you for 14 years! The fact that you impregnated a jezebel says a lot about you!

6: what is the hullabaloo about not giving birth? What happened to adoption? There are thousands of adorable children looking for parents to adopt them!

7: tell your wife about your amorous affair and pray she doesn't poison you!

You are an excuse of a man!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 05, 2015
Geeeez! Women! Una hate unsef no be small shocked
How a single girl hopes/feels "dethroning" a wife to become a wife, beats me oooooooo shocked
What's wrong with some of us gaan undecided
Chai! Odiegwu ooooooo embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
The highlighted is one mistake that too many women make by taking into consideration this aspect when issues of this nature arises.Though a wise man would always keep her away from the first wife and bear the stress of running to and fro to fulfil his conjugal duties if not that one na another kasala. grin
Many women would be so fixated on who gets what in the future thereby losing sight of the grand plan by the new wife to relieve Her of her duties .
If I were a woman , I'll hold tenaciously unto my husband and make sure I control the source of everything after all she's a thief and will only get what gets to her with my consent of course . But some women will begin to kick up dust and finally lose grip of the man,the home and her place.
This isn't to support the man in question but now that the deed has been done one need to come up with plan B.
You can't allow one thief to steal your home from you. grin
hmmmm....this is a critical case, i pray not to have this kind of situation. Amen.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Lexaccord(m): 10:28am On Aug 05, 2015
elnino3:
Two quick questions
1. Is it wrong for a woman to marry a second husband if the first one cannot impregnate her?
2. How are you sure the baby is truly yours?

You are the bomb bro. You are a wise man. 100 likes for u alone
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by VickyRotex(f): 10:29am On Aug 05, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
thanks for recognising that. Some of them push the blame on me as if am the person

I dont think theyre pushing the blame on you. Lots of us here know that you usually post people's story. I knew it was one of the stories.

They are using the word "You" doesnt mean theyre referring to you. They are only referring to the content of the post.

Or better still, modify your post and state it there, to avoid other blames.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by ladyinred: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2015
First of all, you're not a Christian. A true Christian will not cheat on his wife, let alone consider marrying another wife. The only marriage recognized in Christianity is one Man, one Wife.
Secondly, you don't love your wife. If you love her like you claim, you wouldn't consider your childlessness as her problem rather it would be your (both of you ) problem. Because, love is kind, patient, enduring and above all, love is not selfish or self-serving.
Now that we've established that you're neither a Christian nor a loving husband, to answer your question, there's no right or wrong answer. Let your conscience guide you.
Whatever you decide to do, remember that "there is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. " Proverbs 16 vs 25.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Firevinci(m): 10:30am On Aug 05, 2015
kenedy175:
For better or for worst, till death do you path... how soon could he have forgotten?

Those words mean a little or nothing to marriages of this society, it's just necessary words that must be spoken in marriages. True love respects and adores those words against all odds and challenges
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by dblaisepascal(m): 10:31am On Aug 05, 2015
Permit me to analyse ur post'''' First, uve just destroyed a heart(ur wife), secondly, u said u are religious(deeper life member), thirdly, u fornicated, fourthly-ur sec is pregnant(not certain if the child is urs).....child shouldn't be a clause for loving ur wife;; technology has made it possible to have a child in several ways, u could have gone for IVF if u truly love ur wife as acclaimed... none is a saint though, and i understand ur pains.. BUT, if u send that woman away(ur wife), all because she couldn't give u a child, she will live in pains/agony for the rest of her life, while u may live happily with ur new found love.. GOD MAY NOT FORGIVE YOU IF U PUSH HER OUT WHEN SHE NEEDED YOU THE MOST....plssssssssssssss, don't chase ur wife away, i guess she is @the receiving end, and obviously in pains ... she may not be able to remarry for life...keep loving her, GOD WILL SEE U THROUGH
... #my opinion
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2015
Btruth:
It's simple. Go the Father Abraham way in the bible. Keep your first wife (which is your Sarah) and try and tame your concubine secretary and her child (which is your Haggai). Remember, we all have emotional feelings, don't say because of your selfish interest and hurt others.

It is well with you in Jesus name.
lool. You funny o. Thanks man
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by wiseoneking: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=ProphetUdeme post=29897097][/quote] First, admit you are an adulterer and a sinner. Repent from this with all your heart. Remember what happened to David child out of adulterous act. Call your wife and explain to her and pray that she will find a place to forgive you. You never promised that lady that you will marry her when you were commiting iniquity with her, so i dont think the issue of marrying or packing into your life should come to play. Make sure that you take care of the baby and do all that is required. The issue of a male child or not is from the Lord. It could be a boy or girl, so if a girl, you still not have gotten a son that you wanted. It is so unfortunate that it is 14 yrs now but coming from a Deeper life christian like you to start considering second wife and been comfortable without remorse of your adulterous life makes you a dwarf in the face of unserious christians who do not know their left or right. QUIT, REPENT, ACCEPT AND UNITE WITH YOUR WIFE, REVIVE UR CHRISTIAN LIFE, DO NO MARRY AGAIN. ADOPT A CHILD!
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? by VickyRotex(f): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2015
adedam23:
so, what's yhur conclusion o jae undecided

No conclusion o jae.

Surulere, ose oungbogbo.

Why dint he come here to seek for advice before sleeping with his secretary? Cos he knew many would kick against it. Now the deed is done, he wants advice.

Truth is, no matter what people say here, He'd still follow his heart.

All I can say is, irrespective of whatever decision he takes, he shouldnt divorce his wife.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour / Couple Welcome Twins 25 Years After Marriage In Aba / Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.