Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? (23930 Views)

Governor Wike Holds Umbrella For Goodluck Jonathan (Photo) / The Broom Or The Umbrella - Which Is More Resourceful? / Apc And Pdp Broom And Umbrella Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by seangy4konji: 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
Common sense is more important.
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by psemy25: 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
Broom ws useful in d days of our forefathers, we r in d 21sth century , umbrella is very important, both in dry nd rainny season... It will soon even start rainning

2 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by callmeSwit(m): 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
Broom
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by johnwizey: 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
alizenbohr:

Believe me when I say that I have not seen a broom since I relocated here, but people use umbrellas when it rains.
hahaha!!! Oni yeye. U must be in jupiter den

1 Like

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by tmanis(m): 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
chicken sure oo
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Pancho01(m): 11:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
None
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
Modern houses don't use brooms. Technology has gotten rid of broom. Vacuum cleaners.

Can anything replace umbrella? Not yet.

This is a modern world, do away with brooms and hunchbacks

2 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
um
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Mubbyleey(m): 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
Both are UsefUl... BUh BroOm iS MorE uSeFul...
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by okooloyun1(m): 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
Say no to JONAlism, embrace BUHARIsm.

1 Like

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by eminent007(m): 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Broom ofcus!!!!!

You don't need 'umbrera' everytime but you can't live a day with using a broom

both the rich and the poor need broom to sweep out dirt (PDP/Corruption)

and remember before the white man brought umbrera our father's have been using broom

should we talk about the source of broom? The palm tree

The palm tree is believed to be the most economical plant in the world!! in terms of various things that is produced from it -like my lovely palm wine, red oil etc

And finally broom represents UNITY!!!!!!

Nigerians are united in this course of Change

come feBUHARI14 you will see what exactly I've been trying to explain!!

So tell me bout umbrera grin

You must be as backward as your certificate-less, debate boycotting general if you still use broom to clean your house.
Go get a vacuum cleaner my guy.
A broom has so many fucking substitutes.
Give me an umbrella substitute.
Talk of unity: can two use the same umbrella at once they be agreed? You can't share. Broom with someone else until you are done with it.
Guy make I leave you with your pea-size-brain general of cattle rearers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Mubbyleey(m): 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
Promhize:
Modern houses don't use brooms. Technology has gotten rid of broom. Vacuum cleaners.

Can anything replace umbrella? Not yet.

This is a modern world, do away with brooms and hunchbacks
Hey dude, this is Nigeria... We are still using broom, if not all houses buh majority use broom to clean... Umbrella is used once in awhile not everytime as people use broom. (peace)

2 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
korel9:
Chicken undecided
tmanis:
chicken sure oo
saintvc:
Apga fowl is the best
ollah1:
None. I prefer CHICKEN
korel9:
Chicken undecided
See them...chicken symbolises chicken suya...so if apga ever becomes the ruling party...we are finished

1 Like

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by GBTYO: 11:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
A man walking down the street with an umbrella on a sunny day is not surprising.

Now which of you consider a broom a fashion statement?

2 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Sanchez01: 11:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
stevolinkon40:
You for ask apc supporters in lag yesterday wen d rain started
[size=14pt]Check the pictures and spot any umbrella use and come again to give us feedback[/size]
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Lanspower(m): 11:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
I will go for broom. Regardless of what it looks like or what is called in advanced countries we all need something to keep our house and surrounding clean. As for umbrella, it's not completely useless but not having one doesn't have as much effect as not having broom. You can stay at home when it's raining or be in your car, you can hide somewhere waiting for the rain to subside or you can even walk in the rain. If however you insist that an umbrella is as important as a bunch of broom I will ask you to check out a very windy raining condition where your umbrella loses it's usefulness it happens in Nigeria and of course it happens quite often in France where I live. I rest my case

4 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by muraj1(m): 12:00am On Feb 01, 2015
A broom is a cleaning tool consisting of stiff fibers attached to, and roughly parallel to, a cylindrical handle, the broomstick. It is thus a variety of brush with a long handle. It is commonly used in combination with a dustpan.
File:Houki-constructionworker-japan-2012.ogvPlay media
(video) A Japanese construction worker cleans up his construction site with a Japanese broom.

The word "broom" derives from the name of certain thorny shrubs (Genista and others) used for sweeping.[1] The name of the shrubs began to be used for the household implement in Late Middle English and gradually replaced the earlier besom during the Early Modern English period. The song Buy Broom Buzzems (by William Purvis 1752 - 1832) still refers to the "broom besom" as one type of besom (i.e. "a besom made from broom"wink Flat brooms, made of broom corn,[2] were invented by Shakers in the 19th century.[3] A smaller whisk broom or brush is sometimes called a duster.

One source states that the United States had 303 broom factories by 1839 and that the number peaked at 1,039 in 1919. Most of these were in the Eastern U. S. During the Great Depression, the number of factories declined to 320 in 1939.[4] Oklahoma became a major center for broom production because broom corn grew especially well there. The Oklahoma Broom Corn Company opened a factory in El Reno, Oklahoma in 1906, a year before statehood. Faced with competition from imported brooms and synthetic bristles, most of the factories closed by the 1960s.[4] Today, brooms are also commonly made with synthetic bristles. Another common type is the push/pull broom, consisting of a wide brush with short bristles, to which a broomstick is attached at an angle in the center of the brush.

2 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Raiders: 12:01am On Feb 01, 2015
mikeansy:
The most advanced countries in the world dont have brooms but they all have umbrellas

A British or German kid does not know what a broom is because they use vacuum cleaner instead.

That we still rely on brooms shows that we are still backward and need some catching up to do with advanced countries

BROOM represent BACKWARDNESS just like BUHARI
why you dey lie like this? Which western country don't use broom? Although The brooms in most western is different from Nigeria broom design because it usually have handles but its still called a broom. There is no Walmart store or any household store like Home Depot in US that you wont see a broom to buy. Vacuum cleaner don't clean all kind of floors. I live in the States and people still uses broom here.

3 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by ALAYORMII: 12:03am On Feb 01, 2015
pupsyd:
...ODENSON! are they still using broom in developed countries like Germany? USA? Switzerland? and so on?.....MUMU!

We are talking Nigeria here so we use Nigeria as example

In that context

Umbrella is only useful during the raining season unlike Broom which is an everyday item
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by elohorayodele: 12:05am On Feb 01, 2015
Lack of topic to post abi?
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by soulRanger(m): 12:06am On Feb 01, 2015
BROOM!!!
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 01, 2015
pupsyd:
...ODENSON! are they still using broom in developed countries like Germany? USA? Switzerland? and so on?.....MUMU!

Mumu..
We dey talk about Naija. Mustafa dey talk about Germany and Usa.
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Precious91(m): 12:08am On Feb 01, 2015
Na the reason wey I wan join y
that party with chicken as their logo be that.Wetin person wan use broom or umbreall doVote wisely.Kidding.*
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by notoriousbabe: 12:09am On Feb 01, 2015
Bimbo Ajinibi wrote:

I finally made out time to watch the N5million per hour Anti-Buhari vitriolic documentary being aired on AIT and NTA last night. I have seen propaganda before, but never seen such irresponsible and divisive documentary of the highest order. President Goodluck Jonathan and his team condescended so low and threw human dignity to dogs; decorum flew out of the window.

After peddling all sorts of lies, rumours and unfounded propaganda and still nothing else to say to complete and justify the 1 hour N5million prime time “documentlies”, they now moved to attacking General Muhammad Buhari’s family. Why the hatred? What was the offence of Late Mrs Buhari and the late daughter being discussed in the sad documentary?

There is something morbid about GEJ campaign team. Its either they are talking about GMB dying soon or about his late wife or late daughter. They just love talking about death. Why?

If you are reading my message and you are either a parent or one wishing to become a parent one day, I pray that may you not experience death of your child/children...talkless of being taunted and mocked!

Muhammad Buhari’s first daughter Zulai passed away after delivering a baby. Zulai Buhari, who was 40 died from sickle cell anaemia. Buhari lost a lovely daughter to death on November 29, 2012 after battling with sickle cell anaemia for 40 years! This is what Goodluck Jonathan and PDP has turned to campaign theme! Mocking the death of Buhari’s daughter.

Not yet done with morbidity, they moved to talk about Buhari’s late wife who died in 2006. The documentary mentioned how he divorced his late wife and some other beer parlour gist.

Is this the sort of campaign we should be getting from an incumbent President when economy is collapsing and exchange rate is now out of control with $1 at N207?

Again, Muhammad Buhari has never referred or attack President Jonathan’s family. He has never said Dame is barren, he has never said GEJ has children out of wedlock; he has never blamed GEJ for bad drinking habit. He only concentrates on issue based campaign!
Let campaign be issue based and enough of attacking Buhari’s family.

MAY HER DEATH HUNT THOSE (PDP AGENTS) THAT MOCK HER IN DEATH.

3 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by RAO1(m): 12:10am On Feb 01, 2015
domestically>>broom (its Families made from the idea of broom ) for cleanings

economically>>almost every home needs broom n its families hence the sellers make their money.... not seasonal like umbrella that not all homes even have it

socially>>>none jooo

"climatically">>>>umbrella but only for the elderlies young men like OP and myself don't use it

industrially
educationally
medically...etc
i wan sleep
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by seedorfg(m): 12:11am On Feb 01, 2015
EVEN BLIND MAN KNOW SEY NA BROOM SURE PASS, OR YOU THINK Jonathan NO GET BROOM FOR IMSIDE IM JAGBAJANTIS WEY IM AND PESHI DEY CARRY GO OTUOKE COMES FEB14 NI .. grin

1 Like

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by MAYOWAAK: 12:11am On Feb 01, 2015
pupsyd:
Broom? 4k broom! broom is now useless...now we us vacuum cleaners to clean the floor. but UMBRELLA is forever useful...u use it either in the rain or in the sun. infact, it is useful for the both season!......in conclusion, APC is as useless as BROOM! while PDP is as important as UMBRELLA!!!!

In Nigeria, we do not have electricity(due to the incompetence of PDP) to power the vacuum cleaners.

3 Likes

Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 01, 2015
9jatriot:
Broom is a symbol of cleaning.

If you do not clean your environment, it becomes dirty and you become prone to diseases, pest, rodents and seen to generally unclean. Don't forget the saying that cleanliness is nest to godliness.

Umbrella on the other hand is needed only when it rains, but if you have a car, you wont need it. I think I have gone through a whole year without using an umbrella, I can not say same for broom!!!
think BRO!!! If e dey rain nd u want comot for Ur car unko
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by pupsyd: 12:15am On Feb 01, 2015
ALAYORMII:

We are talking Nigeria here so we use Nigeria as example

In that context

Umbrella is only useful during the raining season unlike Broom which is an everyday item
so na broom Tinubu dey take sweep his rooms upon all the money wey him get? .....SULE! stop sleeping, OK maybe the APshits should stop using brooms and start using VACUUM CLEANERS!
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by LewisO: 12:16am On Feb 01, 2015
Broom, u need it everywhere, so don't be dirty, "CHANGE"...

Who still dey use umbrella, u get belle ni?
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by jamalflame: 12:16am On Feb 01, 2015
[quote author=pupsyd post=30312583]Broom? 4k broom! broom is now useless...now we us vacuum cleaners to clean the floor. but UMBRELLA is forever useful...u use it either in the rain or in the sun. infact, it is useful for the both season!......in conclusion, APC is as useless as BROOM! while PDP is as important as UMBRELLA!!!!

Go and give the vacuum cleaner to your grandma if she will use it. Not sure who's more moronic between you and sambo.
Re: Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important? by madridguy(m): 12:17am On Feb 01, 2015
mikeansy:
The most advanced countries in the world dont have brooms but they all have umbrellas

A British or German kid does not know what a broom is because they use vacuum cleaner instead.

That we still rely on brooms shows that we are still backward and need some catching up to do with advanced countries

BROOM represent BACKWARDNESS just like BUHARI

Bless God the General is not contesting for British or German president. This is African, Motherland. I stand to be corrected

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019 Election: Why Buhari Will Conveniently Win – Oshiomhole / I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari / Troops Dislodge IPOB/ESN Syndicate Behind Electoral Violence In Enugu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.