Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (319284 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kizzykeziah: 9:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
Hmmm.... I have missed small o.

Poor Tina and with that Daniel around now. Unfathomable.
As for Clara ehn, her ancestors are dancing waiting for her in abyss.

Christopher is a real ' jet age' kid. Loves his mum but wants to know his father. Too bad Tina isn't ready to deal with her emotions yet.

As for the overall work, you try plenty. Looking forward to more and more brilliance, sir.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Well, i still cant understand this tina ooo

Anyways, que sera sera
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Spadishkiddah(m): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
wink smiley[color=#000099][/color]Nyc 1 d9ty7..u r gr8..keep it up
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
In my own opinion, I think Christina need someone to give her confidence to be able to deal with Daniel and his antics. Or what do y'all think?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
stuff46:
Arh

So you are saying its fate that played its part?
Am telling you
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kizzykeziah: 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2015
D9ty7:
In my own opinion, I think Christina need someone to give her confidence to be able to deal with Daniel and his antics. Or what do y'all think?

Before she looks for someone to lean on, she needs to get more confident on her own and stop being scared of ' what will happen if....'
No one can boost your confidence if you aren't willing to take risks.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Ebbisco(f): 12:24am On Mar 18, 2015
Thanks D9ty7 4 d invite. I hope 2 enjoy dis story as I enjoyed AIAC. Well done
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 12:54am On Mar 18, 2015
Wat I knw is blood is thicker than water so Tina is only concerned abt her colleague n brother's welfare. Chris' father is shameless. I pray Christie does not appear beautiful than Adeola. Well Tina pushed Dan away wif her earlier encounters.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 1:06am On Mar 18, 2015
Shankies215 won't u sleep?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 1:12am On Mar 18, 2015
Lilyomi:
Shankies215 won't u sleep?
am here for a meeting madam.....nd wat ar u doing here by dis tym of d nyt
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 1:15am On Mar 18, 2015
ahem, D9ty7, shey means nor dey to eliminate dis Clara commot for road ni, i dnt lyk d way she is treating my Tina o
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:21am On Mar 18, 2015
Interesting!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 1:23am On Mar 18, 2015
shankies215:
am here for a meeting madam.....nd wat ar u doing here by dis tym of d nyt
Meetin? At dis tym?. My gul find anoda lie
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Olanireti(m): 4:32am On Mar 18, 2015
I don't even think Tina has any confidant apart from her diary. She just have to face her fear and stop being intimidated by Daniel. She should act like strong detective she is.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 6:08am On Mar 18, 2015
With her act up as at now, i bet not one of the characters introduced already would do that.
D9ty7:

I hate long-lost-friends/enemies reunion. Daniel wants the boy for his selfish intrest but he is needed in her life if he would have a change of heart
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 6:09am On Mar 18, 2015
For som1 wu raised her son alone even tho d fada z alive nd she raised him well, m sure she's super strong. She shud av confidence in herself nd tackle d issue head on..........nt givin rum 4 intimidation. Until she starts fighting her battle herself, no1 'll help. Morning 2 y'all
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 6:22am On Mar 18, 2015
Today's update will come a later in the day and we probably might not get the normal 3updates per day.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 6:50am On Mar 18, 2015
Hmmmm
D9ty7:
Today's update will come a later in the day and we probably might not get the normal 3updates per day.

take your time
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 18, 2015
Tina should sort things out with Dan,although its not easy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by handie(m): 7:13am On Mar 18, 2015
D9ty7, i ain't getting something. Why would Tina get scared wheneverr she sees any known associate of Daniel,or Daniel? What's the secret behind her reluctance to telll Chris the circumstances of his birth? You making this seem more lije hollywood cause in the Nigeria i live, She'll make sure she tells Chris about d circumstances sorounding his birth and in the process, get the boy's sympathy and support and also develop an aparthy for his dad
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by handie(m): 7:30am On Mar 18, 2015
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:37am On Mar 18, 2015
handie:
D9ty7, i ain't getting something. Why would Tina get scared wheneverr she sees any known associate of Daniel,or Daniel? What's the secret behind her reluctance to telll Chris the circumstances of his birth? You making this seem more lije hollywood cause in the Nigeria i live, She'll make sure she tells Chris about d circumstances sorounding his birth and in the process, get the boy's sympathy and support and also develop an aparthy for his dad
Well, maybe I have watched too much of hollywood movies.
But hey! Tina is not afraid of Daniel because she has his child. She is afraid because she is afraid of what will happen in the long run.
Do you think a brilliant boy like Chris will hate Daniel if he eventually finds out anything? Even if Tina decides to add maggi, Chris is desperate, he will want to be close to his mother and same his father. And this brings us to Tina's fears.
She is a woman with feelings, she is weak emotionally and falls in love easily(something that brought about the pregnancy in the first place) she is afraind she might fall for Daniel all over again and do you know what that means?

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 9:14am On Mar 18, 2015
Lilyomi:

Meetin? At dis tym?. My gul find anoda lie
yhea, d official winshes on dis thread gt meeting, buh u interrupted us
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by handie(m): 9:18am On Mar 18, 2015
D9ty7:

Well, maybe I have watched too much of hollywood movies.
But hey! Tina is not afraid of Daniel because she has his child. She is afraid because she is afraid of what will happen in the long run.
Do you think a brilliant boy like Chris will hate Daniel if he eventually finds out anything? Even if Tina decides to add maggi, Chris is desperate, he will want to be close to his mother and same his father. And this brings us to Tina's fears.
She is a woman with feelings, she is weak emotionally and falls in love easily(something that brought about the pregnancy in the first place) she is afraind she might fall for Daniel all over again and do you know what that means?
Hmmmm. Well, maybe i am judging Chris cause i'll support my mum in such a situation. Good work you're doing sha
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 11:56am On Mar 18, 2015
shankies215:
yhea, d official winshes on dis thread gt meeting, buh u interrupted us
Hehn win wat? Runs out
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
CHAPTER 6
Tina tried as much as possible to avoid Clara and Mike the next day at work, something she succeeded in doing during her first one hour. But the moment the time said nine o'clock, she could hide no longer because that was when she got her first assignment of the day.
"Miss Tina, the questioning room has been prepared, you can move in now." A voice boomed into her intercom and the next minute, she was on her way down the eastern wing of the building where the medical department, the cells(holding) and the questioning room are all located.
Once she got to the door, she removed her card and swiped it accross the face of the card register, the next minute, she door slid open and as she entered, someone bumped into her from behind.
"Who is that?" She asked as she turned to face Mike who was smiling sheepishly behind the closed door. Her heart skipped a beat.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"This is our call, but I don't have a card yet, so I had to hide somewhere until you came so we could enter together." He replied.
She scoffed and rolled her eyes before proceeding further into the large hall which was demarcated with see through glasses.
"Where is he being held?" Tina asked as the came out of the fifth cubicle without seeing the suspect whom they were to question.
"No idea." Mark replied grinning.
Tina was feeling uncomfortable with his mood and attitude that morning, but she couldn't tell him to behave hmself, since she preferred the jovial Mark to the bossy Mark.
"Over there." Mark pointed to the far end of the hall where a man whom Tina recognised as one of the men from the hotel. The spy from the reception who held her hostage in a bid to secure their escape.
"What happened to his colleagues?" She found herself asking as the approached him.
"I should ask you. You were at the scene of the shootout." He replied.
She kept quiet as she drew out a chair from under the table and sat in front of the man who had himself bounded to the chair.
"There is only one chair here, go into the next cubicle and pick up a chair." Tina said as she sat down.
"Am okay like this." He replied.
"What do you want?" His voice echoed around the almost empty hall.
"Is that in any way your business?" Mark asked as he rolled up his sleeves.
After almost a minute of silence which Tina spent scribbling somethings down her notepad, Mark spent the minute staring murdrously at the man who in turn glared at him with hatred.
"Now, straight to business. What's your name?" Tina asked.
"I don't give my name to hoes like you." The guy replied which earned him a punch from Mark.
"Listen to me, it cost me nothing to make this session an uncivil one. Do you want me to use brutal toture to get words out of your mouth?" Tina said angrily.
"I am Ben." He replied.
"Fine, Ben. What do you do?" She asked.
"I am a terrorist. Why asking?"
"One more question from you and you'll walk out of here without your left ball." Mark said.
"Who do you work for?" Tina asked.
"Is that in any way your business?" He asked and Makr pounced on him angrily.
"Not one more question I said." He said as he dealt him the last punch on his jaws before stepping aside.
"I thought you said my balls. Come get it off." Ben said with a smile as blood dripped from his lips.
Mark made to resume from where he stopped, but a command from Tina made him have a rethink.
"Not again Mark. He is trying to provoke you so he doesn't get to tell us whoever is employers are." Tina had said.
"You are getting nothing out of me unless I am guaranteed of release, then you'll know my sponsors and the moles within this agency." Ben replied.
Tina stood up, removed her phone and dialled a number.
"Eric, I need you here. Questioning room." She hadn't sat for fifteen seconds before a door on the right opened and a young man dressed in a white rolled up shirt pushed a cart into the hall.
"Just inflict pains on him. He will talk by then." Tina said.
For the next one minute, Eric prepared his equipments and later came up with a gun-like drilling machine. He switched it on and brought it close to the man's neck.
"Go on." Tina said and she turned, not ready to witness the scene.
"I'll....I...I will talk." Ben panted and screamed as the machine drilled his skin, even though it bore no hole, it still inflicted so much pain.
"Who sent you?" Mark asked slapping him back to life.
"Dan...Dann..y Lovato." He said and passed out.
Tina quickly scribbled down the name and faced Eric anxiously.
"He'll be fine. In the next one hour, he should be back." Eric quickly said.
Tina called Mark aside.
"Lovato? You know him?" She asked.
"Not really, but I have heard his name somewhere." He replied.
"Lets work on this." Tina said leading the way out of the room with Mark following closely.

--to be continued--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hmmmmmmm. Tina jus b steady. Things wl definitely make sense one day. Clara ur partner's name is out. If only Mark wl remain silent n not tell Clara, her end will come earlier than expected.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
--continuation--
Tina alone returned to the ICT hall and made the annoucement.
"From first hand information recieved from an insider, we are convinced that a certain Danny Lovato is behind all these attacks. A section of people here should run a search on him and get his details, another faction should get the names of his associates, friends, families and their details. I want the report sent to my computer in one hour." Tina instructed and immediately, everybody set to work.
"Clara, lets meet in my office." Tina said as she turned to walk into her office, expecting to hear the sound of Clara's shoes kissing the ground, but heard none.
She ascended the stairs and stopped mid-way.
"Clara, now please." She said and walked into her office.
Five minutes later, Clara walked in with a scowl on her face.
"Hey!" She said as she sat down.
Tina smiled before returning to whatever she was doing on her computer.
"Just one minute please." Tina pleaded.
Clara took her time to look around her boss office slowly and she couldn't help but admire the A grade artistic designs that adorned the room. Her mind flashed back to when she used to share this particular office with Tina. Then, their tables stood at the far ends of the room and they shared a lot of secrets as best of friends. And Tina who shared the same detective qualities with Clara rose in rank concurrently as her friend rose. They excecuted so many field missions successfully and for the first time, the N.A.T.U could boast of two extremely brilliant agents in the same department(field) but the friendship, successful take ons were cut short the moment Collins was brough in to head the agency on a three month interim basis. Everything went sour when Clara started asking for a bit privacy in the office they both shared and one way or the other, bad blood set in. At the end of Collin's three months, Tina recommended him for the position permanently and the ministry of defence approved it, while the then director who was at the moment recuperating in India was transferred to work as an adviser to the minister of state for Defence. Clara in annoyance fought Tina inside the office and disciplinary actions were taken, even though Tina knew the punishments were unjust. While she(Tina) was suspended for a week and accepted a six months half salary, Clara was one clearance level demoted and accepted a ten percent pay cut which still stood till date. Clara knew Collins was behind the whole scheme, since he was into Tina, and she had since then vowed to take revenge.
"Thanks for anwering my call." Tina said with a smile.
"Its nothing. You are the boss." Clara said sacarstically, even though Tina missed the sacarsm. She still smiled foolishly, thinking Clara had afterall forgiven her.
"My reason for calling you is to intimate you about the situation of things. There is a man in holding, he is providing informations about the sponsors of yesterday's attack and the moles who worked with us here. I want you to handle th questioning on my behalf in the next one hour. Mark would be there with you." Tina explained.
"Why am I being considered for such assignment?" Clara asked.
"You are the only agent I trust and also with the experience of dealing with situations like this. I have a case with the disciplinary committee and I won't be back until noon." Tina replied.
"A case? What's the matter?" Clara asked.
Tina loved Clara for her ability to convince you of her innocence even though she was caught in the act.
"I'll tell you when I return."
Clara smiled happily." before rising up to leave.
"Are you still seeing Mayor?" Tina asked.
"Your brother dey fvck up jor." The two ladies laughed as Clara left the office with Tina's notepad.
Unknown to Tina, Clara had a motive for accepting to stand in for her. And immediately Tina left for the disciplinary hearing, Clara went into the questioning room with one sole aim. Which was to kill the suspect who was being held and planned on dropping Tina's key card(which she had stolen unknown to the owner) somewhere conspicous.

--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hahaha... I said it... Clara is the Mole grin.... Ride On!!!!.. Tina need to watch her back!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 7:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hmm...Trust nobody
Dee I dey enjoy u faa
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by bigwig97(m): 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
i wasn't here for a day and av missd alot. clara, dnt try it oh!!! ah don talk my own
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Interesting!

Welldone D9ty7

I want to bring your attention to this.
In d second to the last update, at the beginning part, you were using Mike instead of Mark.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (112) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.