Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (319285 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
D9ty7:
Sorry guys, I couldnt update today. I am deeply sorry.
Lets meet tomorrow abeg!
Do take care of ya self ooo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hmmmm is gettn tougher
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Olanireti(m): 1:37am On Mar 21, 2015
Hope your are good Dee?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2015
Dee r u ok? Pls do takie nd b fyn
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
sammyomotola:
omo u try gan ooh, wey many ppl dey fail ontop d suspence
wink
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
Guys, thank God I am back. Update resumes tomorrow. Thanks for being patient with me.
Neephemie, Olanireti, Harjibolar10, LogoDWhiz.
Thanks for showing concern.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
D9ty7:
Guys, thank God I am back. Update resumes tomorrow. Thanks for being patient with me.

Uwc. Just take care
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
D9ty7:

Welcome back in anticipation

Hope everything is okay now
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
U wlcm dear. Sleep well
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 2:23am On Mar 22, 2015
D9ty7:

kaabo padi mii
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 7:07am On Mar 22, 2015
glad ua back dee man! in d spirit of sunday, i wish u mor mb to ya brain cells n lappi..! api sunday man!...n to evry1 in dz gr8 family
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:22am On Mar 22, 2015
--continuation--
Tina walked up to Mark who was discussing with some uniformed security agents.
"One second please." She said dragging him away from them to a more secluded part of the hall.
"How did it happen?" She asked, fear written all over her face.
"I cannot categorically tell you how, but I can tell you that we met Ben dead when we entered." Mark replied.
"Oh my God!" Tina cried.
"This is getting a lot more trickish. I mean, why will anybody decide to kill Ben. First it was Idris, an insider and now Ben who was brough in less than five hours ago. Tina, something is wrong." He concluded.
"I know and I believe whoever was behind Idris death knew about this too." Tina replied.
"You have a point." Mark said. He glanced over her shoulder to see Collins discussing with Clara.
"I am suspecting them." He muttered.
"what? Who...?" She stuttered.
Mark nodded his head towards the two of them and Tina's eyes bulged out of their sockets.
"I know what I am saying. Clara is the main suspect, Collins is covering for her." Mark said before walking over to the duo of Collins and Clara.
Tina stood transfixed on the spot, deep in thoughts, even though she was still conscious of her environment. Her mind wandered to Mark's revelation, how could he suspect Collins the charismatic director of an Anti terror agency be a mole to his efforts? Certainly, Mark's detective instinct is wearing off, probably because of the weather. She had concluded with a smile. Her mind wandered off to Clara whom she has known for almost a decade, if not more, and the level of trust she has for her even if they weren't on good terms, she could still trust her.
"Hi." Collins walked up to her.
"Hey." She replied.
"What do you think?" He asked.
"Sincerly speaking, I don't know what to say to this." She replied giving him a searching look.
"Why looking at me like that?"
She scoffed. "You know, I have a feeling that an insider is behind this killings."
"That's what everyone thinks. But drastic steps has been taken, an insider has been taken to investigate between now and the weekend." Collins replied.
"Clara?" She asked.
"Yeah." He said before walking away.
Tina quietly followed him towards the front of the door where a small crowd was gathered.
"Whose key card is this?" Collins asked just when Tina got there and saw the card lying on the floor.
"Let me use the card reader." A uniformed security man bent down beside the card, placed the gadget above the card, touched the screen a few times and a full stretch bio-data came into view.
"Christina..." He was saying.
"What?" Tina's heart flew out to only God knows where.
"Are you sure?" Collins asked.
"Of course I am. Last used, Fifty minutes ago."
All eyes turned to Tina who was dumbstruck as a result of the new revelation. How would she get out of this one? As at the time the card was used, Tina was in discplinary panel briefing, but who would listen to her? When everyone's priority to catch whoever was behind these evil acts quick and without struggle.
"This is not happening. Tina couldn't have entered this place by that time." Collins said.
"So, who did enter?" The head of the disciplinary panel asked.
"She was in with the panel fifty minutes ago." Collins replied.
"That means she didn't carry out the act, but sent someone to do it."
"And what if someone is doing this to put her in trouble?" Mark asked starring at Clara who once her eyes met his looked away, he smiled.
"Why would someone decide to put Miss Tina in trouble?"
"Don't ask me." Mark replied.
Silence enveloped the room. Each of them to his/her own thoughts.
"Security, take Miss Tina into holding." The head of the disciplinary panel said with a tone of finality.
Tina gasped. Why would she be locked up before the start of investigation?
"If you dare touch her, you'll have yourself to belame." Mark warned the security as he dragged Tina to his side.
"What's the meaning of that?"
"Well, the meaning is that, Only the director can order her arrest this minute. And since he is saying nothing, Miss Tina remains innocent until investigation proves her guilty." Mark explained.
"Says who?"
"Says Agent Mark. You can't put her into holding, simple. Conclude all investigation and if proven guilty, I will personally lock her up." Mark explained calmly. "Even in America, the CIA to be precise, you can only lock up a guilty suspect."
"This is not America, and this is not CIA."
"Big boss, Nigeria looks up to America in everything they do. And until Miss Clara concludes her investigation, Miss Tina's is always available for questioning." He said bowing his head to the angry man. "Good day." He dragged Tina out of the hall.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Darus05(m): 8:41am On Mar 22, 2015
#TeamMark# I like dc dude action jare. Clara u ar on a damn revenge mission better dig 2 graves. Tina u will get out of this,have no fear.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2015
--continuation--
Clara walked into Tina's office twenty minutes later with a smile plastered on her face.
"Hi." She said.
Tina who was sitting, head bent on the table looked up and smiled.
"Hey sis." She replied.
Clara carefully walked towards her table and sat down without being invited.
"You know, I was thinking maybe we could have a few minutes discussion. I have a few questions concerning you keycard and its relation with Ben's death." Clara began.
"There is nothing to talk about. Can't you see that she is a bit unstable? Come back later." Mark said as he walked into the office from the restroom adjoined to the office.
"Mark, how are you? Never knew you'd be here. I checked your office." Clara said with a smile.
"Well, I am everywhere since I don't have my own office. So, in case there is a next time, call me so I can tell you where I am." Mark replied sitting on the second chair.
"So, shall we start?" Clara asked.
"Its like you don't get it. She is not in a position to answer questions now, I can't stand her putting herself into trouble. When she is stable, you can come back." Mark replied.
"Mark, if you'll please let me do my job." Clara said with a raised voice.
Mark stood up angrily glaring at Clara.
Tina sensing the intending outburst.
"Mark, please. I'll answer her questions." She said.
Mark looked at her with suprise before he angrily sat down. Clara scoffed.
"Will you please excuse us?" She asked.
"No way. He is staying." Tina replied.
As much as she tried to read their minds, she couldn't understand the reason for the bad blood between them. Just over twelve hours ago, Clara was playing the role of the perfect girlfriend, driving him to his hotel room from the hospital. What could have been the cause of the sudden tension between them?
"Tina, am sorry I am doing this. But you know I have no choice." Clara pleaded with a sober look.
Tina smiled. "I understand. Lets do this."
"Your keycard was used over an hour ago, who do you reckon could have used it? Or better still, did you enter the questioning room during that period?"
"You saw me when I left for the discplinary over an hour ago. So, how could I have gone to questioning room?" Tina replied.
"Am just asking." Clara said calmly.
"You know, we could get whoever is behind this recent killing." Mark said.
"How do you mean?" Clara asked.
"Ben wasn't shot, neither was he stabbed or poisoned. He obviously was strangled to death, so we check for the fingerprint on his neck and moreso, Tina's keycard has been presented to the lab to check for the fingerprint on it and also, I have a computer analyst working on getting me the footage of the corridor which connects with the questioning room, from the moment Tina and I left an hour and a half ago to when Tina's keycard was used an hour ago." Mark explained.
Tina's face lit in joy. Even if the fingerprint of Ben's body might not be helpful, she was sure that the footage and the fingerprint of the card would go a long way.
"That's not necessary." Clara stammered.
"What make you think so?" Mark asked bringing out his phone.
"Yes, Station thirteen. Please speed up the download, I need the footage in ten minutes." Mark said and hung up.
"Yeah. I said what makes you think these measures are unecessary?" He asked.
"We have a suspect already. We should try to get words from her and take it up from there." Clara replied.
Mark looked at Tina with a I-told-you look.
"But, why are you so desperate? Are you hiding something?" Mark asked.
"What makes you think so?" She replied.
"You know you can keep questioning Tina, while I work on the footage and other things." Mark explained.
"Okay, go ahead." Clara said closing her notepad. She faced Tina who was watching the mind games between the two detectives.
"I think I'll come back later when you are alone and out privacy guaranteed." With this, Clara scurried out of the office.
-------
"I told you she has a skeleton in her shelf." Mark said.
"I am getting convinced, but...." Tina replied.
"No buts. I am on this." Mark cut her short.
--------
Clara descended the stairs from Tina's office approached an unoccupied table. She sat down, picked the intercom.
"Station 13, see me in the control room." She said and walked out of the ICT hall towards the unmonitored control room.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by bigwig97(m): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2015
FTC.
welcome back,dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:21am On Mar 22, 2015
bigwig97:
FTC.
welcome back,dee
Thanks boss
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 22, 2015
tanx 4 d update.team mark rocks.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 9:45am On Mar 22, 2015
Nice One Mark..... I hope clara doesn't play foul Game!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2015
Wow!

This is getting interesting.
I love this.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2015
Omg. Mark shd move to da control room before Clara cleans her mess. Tina is surprising me with her trust. Last tym I checked, most single mums lack trust and members of CIA dnt trust even their spouses how much more ur friend whom u kip fytn? Collins is jus bn used. Pooor him. D9ty7 weldone n welcom.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 10:22am On Mar 22, 2015
mark is very gud @ his work
i wonda wat wil hapen to tina without dis guy
my best actor so far #teammark
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 10:24am On Mar 22, 2015
Lilyomi:
Omg. Mark shd move to da control room before Clara cleans her mess. Tina is surprising me with her trust. Last tym I checked, most single mums lack trust and members of CIA dnt trust even their spouses how much more ur friend whom u kip fytn? Collins is jus bn used. Pooor him. D9ty7 weldone n welcom.
dats to show u d kind of heart tina has *too fragile*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 11:03am On Mar 22, 2015
Onemansquad:

dats to show u d kind of heart tina has *too fragile*
I think so too. Cos ur son's father will not leave the scene for long n return only to scare u. She is like a crab. Tough on da outside but soft inside
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2015
If its abt d child jst 4gt it am behind daniel in dis wan ...*u knw tina has a soft heart and with the kind of advice jimmy gave to daniel, he cant use force to colet d child
Lilyomi:

I think so too. Cos ur son's father will not leave the scene for long n return only to scare u. She is like a crab. Tough on da outside but soft inside
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Missmossy(f): 11:50am On Mar 22, 2015
Kudos D9ty7, finally caught up with you guys. You are doing such a good job.

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
I can imagine how disappointed Tina will be when she finds out dat Clara set her up. I think Tina and Mark are siblings
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
I can imagine how disappointed Tina will be when she finds out dat Clara set her up. I think Tina and Mark are siblings
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
omotalkie:
my thoughts also dear
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
Mark is now acting nice and smart like d cia"s, tina needs u more
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
I‘m begining to lyk d new mark
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
M sory 4 u Tina may God help u dear. Mark d smart guy abeg watch dat Clara girl closely o. Well done Dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by handmaid: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
@D9ty7 good job as usual. please where is tecno4life?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (112) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.