Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,897 members, 7,973,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:35 AM

My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out (11047 Views)

My Colleague And I Are Sleeping With The Same Girl - Should I Tell Him? / Help!!my Friend And I Are Addicted To Having Sex With Prostitutes, / 15 Arguments No Guy Has Ever Won Against His Girlfriend (and Never Will) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by tangent(f): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2009
vicade:

Chances are slim scientifically but will u rather marry a wrong person with the right blood?

are u saying there's only one woman available for any particular man to marry?
God forbid it, if this woman breaks his heart or dies(accidentally), are u saying this man cannot marry any other woman?? this thinking is flawed.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Hauwa1: 4:23pm On Jan 19, 2009
what i know is we are all going to die.

we should stop looking for perfection.

this is one reason i love Gov Palin and the conservatives.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by desthan(m): 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
@FBS

why are u getting your self all worked up? was just curious how people gettin involved in such serious affair will be so careless or absent minded about issues that might be detrimental to a repaltionship that took this long to build, abi 5yrs na come chop?? and u're there busting the skin on me, what advice do they need than to part ways rather than bring innocent kids into the world to suffer cuz of their negligence, or are you a victim of such carelessness? cuz u sure sound like someone who could use some advice tongue
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by KarmaMod(f): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2009
*Hauwa*:

this is one reason i love Gov Palin and the conservatives.

Whats the correlation?

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2009
KarmaMod:

you're just lucky brash

many parents of SS children are miserable

T Boz of TLC has a crisis no less than every year and when she talks about it, its depressing as hell. this is someone with money and ability to get first class treatment  undecided takless of Naija

Because you are my own, i came back! grin

What if everyoneelse get lucky, wouldnt the trend and thinking be reversed?

What if God sanctions all SS to live and survive with minimal problems?

I will marry an SS regardless of what anyone says, thinks or do!

Let us carry the burden, not afraid of taking any risk no matter how big it is

F.uck all these rubbish thinking!!!

*Hauwa*:

what i know is we are all going to die.
we should stop looking for perfection.

Welcome jare!
Mwah
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by tangent(f): 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ mrcrackles,

it means you will marry a woman u love if she's HIV+.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Hauwa1: 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2009
disability! her fight for those with genetic disease or disorder if you don't know
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by vicade(m): 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2009
tangent:

are u saying there's only one woman available for any man to marry?
God forbid it, if this woman breaks his heart or dies(accidentally), are u saying this man cannot marry any other woman?? this thinking is flawed.

No. But True Love is True Love. My Parents dated for years before marriage and they are both AS and got married. We are all AA(All three children). Typically, AS AA SS mix is a matter of probability and SS is not Guaranteed [/b]but [b]Likely. I think 25% Likely as in the case of my Parents and if you want to compromise True Love based on Likelihood  then It was never True Love in the First Place cos True Love does not compromise. And if one dies, might marry another AS so what difference does it make.

And Science ain't got Nothing on the Power of GOD.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Hauwa1: 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2009
need i say it, Cracker and Vicade, i love you my guys cheesy let the fight goes on. am for the IMPERFECT child as termed by the society.

i have this funny mindset like others here until i came here and took classes that opened my eyes. A Brave New World we are in!
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by KarmaMod(f): 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2009
How come God didnt help the other kids that turned out SS and died cos of it?

Majority of them dont have a long lifespan. why were they ignored?
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2009
tangent:

@ mrcrackles,
it means you will marry a woman u love if she's HIV+.

Yes it is my business at the end of the day abi aint it?
If na my cross, i go carry am!!
grin
E no concern anybody
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by KarmaMod(f): 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2009
disability! her fight for those with genetic disease or disorder if you don't know

omoge dear. I suggest you look up Sarah Palin's voting list on a reputable site. You'll see that MANY times Sarahj cut funding for Special Ed programs, autism research and such in Alaska. Now that Karma (moi  grin)  "blessed" her with a Down's baby, she started to lobby for funding for "imperfect" children

Very foolish hypocrite typical of MOST CONSERVATIVES.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2009
KarmaMod:

How come God didnt help the other kids that turned out SS and died cos of it?

Majority of them dont have a long lifespan? why were they ignored?

How come God didnt save the majority of AA and AS dat died in the womb?
~That died just after birth?
~That died a few years after birth?
~How come people die even though they look healthy as fuc.k?
~Dat were victim of miscarriages between AA couples?

Think about it!!
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by KarmaMod(f): 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2009
You answer a person when they ask a question, Brash

You dont bombard them with other questions.

Olodo. Brush on etiquette
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Hauwa1: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2009
grin
karma moi, yeah i know abt that. such is life. . . but good news wink
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by vicade(m): 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

How come God didnt save the majority of AA and AS dat died in the womb?
~That died just after birth?
~That died a few years after birth?
~How come people die even though they look healthy as fuc.k?
~Dat were victim of miscarriages between AA couples?

Think about it!!
Good Answer or should i say Questions  grin
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2009
KarmaMod:

Na u i take resemble na! cheesy grin
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by vicade(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2009
KarmaMod:

And this was supposd to be etiquette ?

You could have shown etiquette  by answering his own questions cos this does not make u any better than him.You need to Brush Up.Olodo Rabata Oju Eja Lo Mo Je  tongue
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by KarmaMod(f): 4:44pm On Jan 19, 2009
vicade:

And this was supposd to be etiquette ?

You could have shown etiquette  by answering his own questions cos this does not make u any better than him.You need to Brush Up.Olodo Rabata Oju Eja Lo Mo Je  tongue

Mr gbegborun to the rescue

You dont answer a question with a question.

You people just travel, you no learn anything. Erankos for life. angry
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by tangent(f): 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2009
africans and the way they rely heavily on God for their mistakes. it's like an adult jumping into the pacific ocean and expecting God to save him.
i can't explain why nigerians are like this. just because it worked for mr. brash does not mean it will work for the op.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by vicade(m): 4:47pm On Jan 19, 2009
KarmaMod:

Mr gbegborun to the rescue

You dont answer a question with a question.

You people just travel, you no learn anything. Erankos for life.  angry

Where is your Sense of Humour ?. What has Travel got to do with this now, So by Default if one does not Travel, such person is an Eranko? Na wa o. Your Husband go Try. shocked tongue

Calm Down O. cool
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by fadconsult(m): 4:50pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ismaila
i dont think u av seen an SS patient before,cos if u av u will not go ahead,becos the pain u will make the child go thru will be too much,gone are the days our parent are ignorant of the the genotype issue,u and ur girl are informed and well educated,though they are medical inventions,but they are on probability,pls dont try it,dont do wat u live to regret and at the end loosing a child (God forbid,Amen)
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by KarmaMod(f): 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2009
You need a sense of humor vicade since you're are crying about "eranko"

tangent:

[b]africans and the way they rely heavily on God for their mistakes.[/b]it's like an adult jumping into the pacific ocean and expecting God to save him.

abi o jare
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by vicade(m): 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2009
Look, AS Marry AS and SS is 25% Likely.Typically, one of four children could be SS. And i have stated my case continously. Don't compromise True Love for 25%.Your children are more likely to be AS-50%.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by vicade(m): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2009
KarmaMod:

You need a sense of humor vicade since you're are crying about "eranko"

abi o jare

Not crying Dear. Jsst wanted to make sure we are clear that it was just for the Humour. No Love Lost. kiss
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by Seun(m): 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2009
Don't compromise True Love for 25%.Your children are more likely to be AS-50%.
Why should you risk the life and health of your children because of "true love"?  

If I give you a plate of rice and tell you there is a 25% chance that it is poisoned, will you eat it?

If your girlfriend tells you there is a 25% chance that she has HIV, will you sleep with her?

Why is it ok to risk the life of an innocent child rather than your own life? That's just selfish and unfair.

Who says the "true love" will last in the face of the stress?  The world is full of equally beautiful and attractive girls who are not sickle cell carriers.  Your main mistake is that you waited for 5 years before checking it.  When your children are grown, you will remember to advice them not to make that same mistake.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by vicade(m): 5:02pm On Jan 19, 2009
Seun:

Why should you risk the life of your child on "true love"?  

If I give you a plate of rice and tell you there is a 25% chance that it is poisoned, will you eat it?

Who says the "true love" will last in the face of the stress?  The world is full of equally beautiful and attractive girls who are not sickle cell carriers.  Your main mistake is that you waited for 5 years before checking it.  When your children are grown, you will remember to advice them not to make that mistake.

If you give me Four plates of Rice,Dodo and Assorted meet and you tell me one plate is poisoned, I will take my chances cos that is my best food cool. That is a better Analogy.I Might not die if i get the right plate with GOD on My side.

My Parents like i have said over and over again 25 years they have been married,They are both AS and All three children are AA. They left the last plate of rice i presume  tongue.Life is all about Risk. Taking Chances. AA is not even Guaranteed Long Life but is more Likely

There is a big Difference in what is Guaranteed and what is Likely. IF SS was Guaranteed,my parents wont have taken the risk. But they did and now we are all AA.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by MrCrackles(m): 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2009
People fail to acknowledge the positives just because they are slim!
Rubbish, poppycocks and sundown shenanigans!

Shiorr
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by vicade(m): 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

People fail to acknowledge the positives just because they are slim!
Rubbish, poppycocks and sundown shenanigans!

Shiorr

The funny thing is people forget you are 75% more likely not to have SS against 25% Likely to have SS

Even if it is 100% AA, There is no Guarantee on Long Life. Only Likelihood.Big Difference.
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by ayobase(m): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2009
this one wey u dey yearn like this
hope sey Love never cover overwhelm u!!!!

U wan to dey collect salary dey spend on one SS?

Gos has shown the u the barrier.

Its just a matter of understanding!!!
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by amebono14: 5:15pm On Jan 19, 2009
brash na still pikin,by his post on dis thread u go know

brash wait make u grow,b4 u contribute for dis kain thread grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend And I Are Both As. We've Just Found Out by ayobase(m): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2009
@Vicade

dont mislead oo.
thats `LUCKY`

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Need A Sagittarius Female Freind / Can Someone Tell Me Were She Is Going Dressed Like This Pix / I Just Gave My Girl Friend 40k For Christmas - See Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.