Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3084423 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Juchii(m): 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
keep2silent:

I usually avoid commenting unless necessary.

We are like under a curse, even as good as NAF is behaving in decisions they make, this is a bad idea, a waste of money and time. I think Arone company owners have insider connect at top level in NAF drone research program and they sold the idea to head of R & D who also may see personal profit in it and signed the NAF-Arone deal, Arone has no theoretical knowledge or practical ability to build any drone for anybody anywhere.

The whole team are all locally schooled guys including a CEO with a false claim of USA MIT University laboratory qualification when actually he is Enugu Nsukka graduate of Mathematics who did during his early campus days as UNN student, a cheap easy online paper course of a few weeks Stanford University for theory only knowledge of a practical course called Machine Learning that he cannot apply practically to build anything.

Arone CEO is making fake claims, proof https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmanuelezenwere/?originalSubdomain=ng

All their technology experts have likely never stepped outside of Nigeria, not even to Ghana to learn any drone building tech, they can only do paper writing and 3D animation videos, any real drone they build will be tiny micro drone with imported parts harvested from the DJI type drones sold in shopping malls overseas and online Amazon sales shop. Is that what they will produce for NAF to fight real wars?

Arone at best can do same thing they do now in Tanzania, Uganda, etc, buy $3,000 civilian copter drone on Amazon online, use it as civilian logistics delivery drone for boxes of packaged goods like blood banks delivery to hospitals in difficult locations as a UAV medical materials delivery service. Ask them to show you that green white drone with propeller they painted with Arone name, its not real, and if shown, its not their original product, or where did they get high performance gyroscope and FLIR electro-optics components?

The Arone company technical team, they all schooled and worked here with us in the east, S.E. Naija local boys.

Look, hot truth is, NAF has been offered top class expert support from Nigerian engineers with real M.Eng./PhD from American Universities, very senior engineers working for many years in project design and factory production as staff of Boeing Scan Eagle UAV, NASA space program, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Predator/Reaper Armed Drones, Lockheed Martin fighter jet program, but NAF ignored all of them, they say they are not interested, NAF rather chose other type of Nigerians who make drones on 3D animated cartoons images.

Check Arone official website, the drone they built is in a 3D Animated Cartoon video clip show of 49 seconds! Let them show us a real drone Arone made own copyright product, they have nothing.

All their so called qualifications in drone courses are poor certificates from theory paper courses from unaccredited online tuition houses.

The fraud is, these are guys from the east and the top level of NAF research centre is mostly controlled by senior officers from the east, they just brought their junior brother to make millions off NAF tight budget.

Nigeria may never develop technologically because the first qualification for those who can do it right, is to know the top officials that will approve the deal, so what if they dont know anybody at the top, the whole of Nigeria has to remain backward and suffer?

Its a disappointing one from NAF like the strange NAF procurement of Poland made Honker 4x4 tactical trucks purchase that has now vanished from service operating around 2015, 2016.

This a deliberate NAF monkey banana technology partnership deal that will not achieve anything real for Nigeria's long delayed drone production dreams and cost maybe some small $2 million in public funds that will just vanish on worthless projects spending to be covered up as research /development costs, I guess its just a smart money diversion for NAF top men to eat after doing a good job in most other aspects.

That good job is actually a normal average common sense performance from 2015-2020, it only looks fantastic to us as Nigerians because the NAF before them did very bad jobs from up to 2014. In a sane country of sensible humans like Ethiopia Bostwana Egypt, all NAF is doing good will just look ordinary to their citizens.

This is exactly my point bro. You have said everything that I have nothing else to say.
Problems with Nigerian researchers and engineers is mainly lack of patience and dedication. They want to blow as soon as possible through their shabby and unproved works. They so much believe in certificate that so many of them obtain it through false means, cheating themselves along the way. I would have condemned you for bringing federal university in Nigeria so low but unfortunately, that is what it is having schooled in so called best university in the South East as well.
After much research about this self claimed company or firm called Arone, I can't point out exactly what they have to offer NAF in terms of practical and technical knowledge.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
keep2silent:

[s] I usually avoid commenting unless necessary.

We are like under a curse, even as good as NAF is behaving in decisions they make, this is a bad idea, a waste of money and time. I think Arone company owners have insider connect at top level in NAF drone research program and they sold the idea to head of R & D who also may see personal profit in it and signed the NAF-Arone deal, Arone has no theoretical knowledge or practical ability to build any drone for anybody anywhere.

The whole team are all locally schooled guys including a CEO with a false claim of USA MIT University laboratory qualification when actually he is Enugu Nsukka graduate of Mathematics who did during his early campus days as UNN student, a cheap easy online paper course of a few weeks Stanford University for theory only knowledge of a practical course called Machine Learning that he cannot apply practically to build anything.

Arone CEO is making fake claims, proof https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmanuelezenwere/?originalSubdomain=ng

All their technology experts have likely never stepped outside of Nigeria, not even to Ghana to learn any drone building tech, they can only do paper writing and 3D animation videos, any real drone they build will be tiny micro drone with imported parts harvested from the DJI type drones sold in shopping malls overseas and online Amazon sales shop. Is that what they will produce for NAF to fight real wars?

Arone at best can do same thing they do now in Tanzania, Uganda, etc, buy $3,000 civilian copter drone on Amazon online, use it as civilian logistics delivery drone for boxes of packaged goods like blood banks delivery to hospitals in difficult locations as a UAV medical materials delivery service. Ask them to show you that green white drone with propeller they painted with Arone name, its not real, and if shown, its not their original product, or where did they get high performance gyroscope and FLIR electro-optics components?

The Arone company technical team, they all schooled and worked here with us in the east, S.E. Naija local boys.

Look, hot truth is, NAF has been offered top class expert support from Nigerian engineers with real M.Eng./PhD from American Universities, very senior engineers working for many years in project design and factory production as staff of Boeing Scan Eagle UAV, NASA space program, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Predator/Reaper Armed Drones, Lockheed Martin fighter jet program, but NAF ignored all of them, they say they are not interested, NAF rather chose other type of Nigerians who make drones on 3D animated cartoons images.

Check Arone official website, the drone they built is in a 3D Animated Cartoon video clip show of 49 seconds! Let them show us a real drone Arone made own copyright product, they have nothing.

All their so called qualifications in drone courses are poor certificates from theory paper courses from unaccredited online tuition houses.

The fraud is, these are guys from the east and the top level of NAF research centre is mostly controlled by senior officers from the east, they just brought their junior brother to make millions off NAF tight budget.

Nigeria may never develop technologically because the first qualification for those who can do it right, is to know the top officials that will approve the deal, so what if they dont know anybody at the top, the whole of Nigeria has to remain backward and suffer?

Its a disappointing one from NAF like the strange NAF procurement of Poland made Honker 4x4 tactical trucks purchase that has now vanished from service operating around 2015, 2016.

This a deliberate NAF monkey banana technology partnership deal that will not achieve anything real for Nigeria's long delayed drone production dreams and cost maybe some small $2 million in public funds that will just vanish on worthless projects spending to be covered up as research /development costs, I guess its just a smart money diversion for NAF top men to eat after doing a good job in most other aspects.

That good job is actually a normal average common sense performance from 2015-2020, it only looks fantastic to us as Nigerians because the NAF before them did very bad jobs from up to 2014. In a sane country of sensible humans like Ethiopia Bostwana Egypt, all NAF is doing good will just look ordinary to their citizens. [/s]

Sigh as usual.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
Guys checkout this Serbian LRSVM M18 122mm MLRS. An MLRS system on a wheeled platform, I must say I love it and the front view looks like the just acquired NA SH5 105 mm self-propelled artillery.

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
Libya Conflicts; photo purportedly showing guided artillery projectile (looks like GP1 to me) fired by LNA that missed Mitiga Airport, Tripoli.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 7:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
kabe1:

I used to visit the military threads as a guest back then, I must admit I didn't really know much about the military, it was these threads that taught me a lot. I really miss some of the very old posters.

The old guards I remember still posting are you, Rka2 (Legend), Jln115 and Bidexii.

So much fun back then.

Someone forgot me.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
#iREPORT

ISWA released a picture of an improvised launcher and 4x 9M22U-pattern 122mm "Grad" rockets used to hit Buni Yadi a few days ago. Rockets possibly captured in the large Goniri ambush a month before.

Launcher is quite sensible, much more transportable than NA BM-21 for IS.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
bidexiii:
#iREPORT

ISWA released a picture of an improvised launcher and 4x 9M22U-pattern 122mm "Grad" rockets used to hit Buni Yadi a few days ago. Rockets possibly captured in the large Goniri ambush a month before.

these ones na low budget ISIS..
Ragtag and highly unkempt embarassed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
seankafor:
these ones na low budget ISIS..
Ragtag and highly unkempt embarassed

Hmmmm....
Me I no Dey underestimate Jarvis this guys can rec grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
bidexiii:

Hmmmm....
Me I no Dey underestimate Jarvis this guys can rec grin
anyone with a gun can wreck havoc and unrest.
These guys looks starved and deranged with suicide,illiteracy and 72 virgins only thing ringing bell in their ears.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
bidexiii:
#iREPORT

you're sure they captured this from us
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
Toju200:
you're sure they captured this from us

Like I said: “possibly captured from us....”
And probably from our neighbors but we are the one who deploys this GRAD rockets the most, so the probability it’s from us his high shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimmy17(m): 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
bidexiii:
Guys checkout this Serbian LRSVM M18 122mm MLRS. An MLRS system on a wheeled platform, I must say I love it and the front view looks like the just acquired NA SH5 105 mm self-propelled artillery.
What's the range?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by davefurn: 4:08am On May 01, 2020
keep2silent:

Arone is not a registered company, it exists only on an internet website, it has no real office, the staff sit in a hub shared work space for several start up new businesses that have no resources to operate. So how do these 20 and 30 something years old boys with no funds, no world class relevant qualifications, no previous cognate similar work experience, claim to be building drones and NAF chose them as partners?

The whole team are all locally schooled guys including a CEO with a false claim of USA MIT University laboratory qualification when actually he is Enugu Nsukka graduate of Mathematics who did during his early campus days as UNN student, a cheap easy online paper course of a few weeks Stanford University for theory only knowledge of a practical course called Machine Learning that he cannot apply practically to build anything. Saying they build drones is a big lie and insult to the intelligence of all Nigerians.

All their technology experts have likely never stepped outside of Nigeria, not even to Ghana to learn any drone building tech, they can only do paper writing and 3D animation videos, any real drone they build will be small drone with imported parts harvested from the DJI type mini-drones sold in shopping malls overseas and online Amazon sales shop. Is that what they will produce for NAF to fight real wars?

Arone at best can do same thing they do now in Tanzania, Uganda, etc, buy $3,000 civilian copter drone on Amazon online, use it as civilian logistics delivery drone for boxes of packaged goods like blood banks delivery to hospitals in difficult locations as a UAV medical materials delivery service. Ask them to show you that green white drone with multiple tilt-rotors propeller high tech they painted with Arone name, its not real, and if shown, its not their original product, or where did they get high performance gyroscope and FLIR electro-optics components?

That good job is actually a normal average common sense performance from 2015-2020, it only looks fantastic to us as Nigerians because the NAF before them did very bad jobs from up to 2014. In a sane country of sensible humans like Ethiopia Botswana Morocco, all that NAF is doing well now, will just look ordinary average to their citizens.

Hard truth.......

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:29am On May 01, 2020
Observing ISWAP attack videos & photos is uniforms worn by fighters around Lake Chad tends to be slicker than those worn by fighters around Buni Yadi-Damboa-Alagarno axis, perhaps reflecting more JAS-like and lesser sophisticated and resourced fighters in the latter.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:06pm On May 01, 2020
Toju200:
I didn't say he's stupid but for u to bring these ur lame opinions most times and at this point in time makes the commander looks as if he doesn't know what he's doing

This a double edged sword of a question.

How do you know, he knows what he is doing

In order to appraise competence there should be experiential understanding and or knowledge to make that conclusion.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:06pm On May 01, 2020
jpphilips:

Loads of disinformation, you were gloating over the Soleimani hit to buttress the efficacy of the Chinese drones before I murdered your position with a proper cost analysis, thats what debates are for, we cross fertilize ideas, so there is no shame in admitting you screwed up with that example.

NATO never said the A10 Warthog is not fit for purpose, thats a concocted rubbish you made up, NATO said it's role doesn't fit their battlefield doctrine, NATO allies dont do US type of CAS, they prefer Battlefield Air interdiction normally done away from friendlies.

As a matter of fact, when the European threat environment evolved due to Russian aggression, Nato members requested for the A10 warthog & they were glad it came to do the job it does best.
enlighten yourself here: https://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/06/17/us-allies-happy-to-have-a10-warthogs-back-in-europe-airmen-say.html

USAF planned to decommission the Warthog in 2019, congress refused, approved $333m for their missions later DOD awarded another $900m contract to Boeing to replace aging wings, so those beasts are in service till 2030 or 40.

Again you are misleading yourself, A29 doesn't straff its guns on AA's or in an AA threat environment, there is a reason it has ISR capability, it takes out the big guns first from a distance then straff the light arms.
That's the US strategy for the Warthog as well, take out the big guns with Maverick AGM then straff.
Conversely, if you believe A29 30mm guns will create blue on blue, how come you are recommending Wingloong 2 that throws Arrow 7 missiles? grin grin you are confused.

Go back and read what I wrote on the $115k per pop, and NAF being on low budget, again you are confusing yourself .

You are fixated with your view not with facts, substance and or rational, you really come across like a politician who evades all substance in favour of misrepresentation mixed with conjecture , to call it an opinion implies substance it is simply a view. Like a typical politician, you avoid the substance and highlight the suggestive, you adopt argument over appraisal and conclude with the whimsical.

Your personal self-birthed perception does not create the definition of a word, you have used the word disinformation and gloating to describe my write up. Let me remind you, disinformation refers to false or misleading information and to gloat is to derive malignant pleasure. I do neither.

You delight in arguement and rancour that is the DNA of a politician and proving yourself as the winner even if it is deluded your singular quest.

That is not the purpose of this forum and this particular discourse you have deviated so far from the core critical question in your personal quest to prove, I do not know what You are derailing matters and murdering balanced discussion. Lets take quite a few steps back to the critical core question, i reiterate, "Best value and the most efficient use of resources for the greatest impact in the NE"

Now hopefully you would have had cool ice cold drink of coca cola to cool your hot head down, and hopefully a smile grin now ask yourself have you addressed any of the items, questions and or issues in that core subject question

In the bold you allude to the core question albeit very slightly but do not address it directly or with a substantive approach . Now once again I implore you to look at what you have written with a cool head. Consider what you have written, "NATO said it's role doesn't fit their battlefield doctrine" So if an air frame does not meet the particular requirements of my air force delivery strategy, that air craft is not fit for my purposes, i.e. not fit for purpose According to you i quote you verbatim, "thats a concocted rubbish you made up" Do you know you are effectively confirming my substansive view. You claim that I am confusing myself, now with your head bowed down look in the mirror, and ask yourself, Who is confused

Everything else you have said is befuddled delusion in your misguided quest to prove, I do not know It is ignominious deviation from the core subject question, nonetheless I will indulge you.

For instance if NATO thought the A10 was so good why did nobody not one NATO procure this aircraft

You introduced the comparison of the $115k USA missile creating a unit of comparable measurement for cost benefit analysis but you have decided to completely avoid this in considering short and long term sustainability for the A29 in comparison to the Wing Loong II UAV and other alternative options with regards to the $600 million total package procurement price . I wonder why

I was specific, measured, with a structured methodology of cost and substantively rational under the heading of Best value and the most efficient use of resources for the greatest impact in the NE. You have not reciprocated but rather have chosen to be insultingly dismissive.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:28pm On May 01, 2020
I wonder the kind of human that reads the kinds of long epistles above. Don't you get tired Komekn?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:05pm On May 01, 2020
Please who knows about the Nigerian frigate program?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 12:08am On May 02, 2020
Xbee007:
I wonder the kind of human that reads the kinds of long epistles above. Don't you get tired Komekn?

This is what he lives for. Without the ability to vent threw writing an elementary level Anti-Nigerian thesis on this thread his life has no meaning. grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 9:41am On May 02, 2020
komekn:

You are fixated with your view not with facts, substance and or rational, you really come across like a politician who evades all substance in favour of misrepresentation mixed with conjecture , to call it an opinion implies substance it is simply a view. Like a typical politician, you avoid the substance and highlight the suggestive, you adopt argument over appraisal and conclude with the whimsical.

Your personal self-birthed perception does not create the definition of a word, you have used the word disinformation and gloating to describe my write up. Let me remind you, disinformation refers to false or misleading information and to gloat is to derive malignant pleasure. I do neither.

You delight in arguement and rancour that is the DNA of a politician and proving yourself as the winner even if it is deluded your singular quest.

That is not the purpose of this forum and this particular discourse you have deviated so far from the core critical question in your personal quest to prove, I do not know what You are derailing matters and murdering balanced discussion. Lets take quite a few steps back to the critical core question, i reiterate, "Best value and the most efficient use of resources for the greatest impact in the NE"

Now hopefully you would have had cool ice cold drink of coca cola to cool your hot head down, and hopefully a smile grin now ask yourself have you addressed any of the items, questions and or issues in that core subject question

In the bold you allude to the core question albeit very slightly but do not address it directly or with a substantive approach . Now once again I implore you to look at what you have written with a cool head. Consider what you have written, "NATO said it's role doesn't fit their battlefield doctrine" So if an air frame does not meet the particular requirements of my air force delivery strategy, that air craft is not fit for my purposes, i.e. not fit for purpose According to you i quote you verbatim, "thats a concocted rubbish you made up" Do you know you are effectively confirming my substansive view. You claim that I am confusing myself, now with your head bowed down look in the mirror, and ask yourself, Who is confused

Everything else you have said is befuddled delusion in your misguided quest to prove, I do not know It is ignominious deviation from the core subject question, nonetheless I will indulge you.

For instance if NATO thought the A10 was so good why did nobody not one NATO procure this aircraft

You introduced the comparison of the $115k USA missile creating a unit of comparable measurement for cost benefit analysis but you have decided to completely avoid this in considering short and long term sustainability for the A29 in comparison to the Wing Loong II UAV and other alternative options with regards to the $600 million total package procurement price . I wonder why

I was specific, measured, with a structured methodology of cost and substantively rational under the heading of Best value and the most efficient use of resources for the greatest impact in the NE. You have not reciprocated but rather have chosen to be insultingly dismissive.

The A10 is a venerable CAS platform. And why are other airforce not using it might be due to concept of operation and order of battle. The troubled and wildly over-budget F-35 Lightning is supposed to replace the A-10 in the close air support role and this technologically advanced platform is not suitable for low tech job. For CAS you need low and slow platforms which can loiter for long hours. Given the F-35’s shortcomings, the Air Force is considering supplementing the plane with a relatively inexpensive light attack aircraft. The 3 aircrafts that are in the competition to provide a low tech, low cost platforms are ; Embraer A 29 super tucano, Beechcraft A26 wolverine and Textron airland scorpion.

In comparing the A29 and F-35, one of the major advantage is the operating cost, 500 dollars an hour as compared to 40,000 dollars an hour for the F-35. My take is that for a 3rd World country, the A29 is a better platform for CAS in an "uncontested air battle space".

The F-35 is equipped with a 25mm GAU rotary gun and you get to wonder what that gun will be used for in an age where dogfights are beyond visual range.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:09am On May 02, 2020
Pls has anyone been hearing from that Terrorist Group that got their arse Whooped grin
Ansaru Dogs Dem... grin e don tey o
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2020
keep2silent:

Arone is not a registered company, it exists only on an internet website, it has no real office, the staff sit in a hub shared work space for several start up new businesses that have no resources to operate. So how do these 20 and 30 something years old boys with no funds, no world class relevant qualifications, no previous cognate similar work experience, claim to be building drones and NAF chose them as partners?

The whole team are all locally schooled guys including a CEO with a false claim of USA MIT University laboratory qualification when actually he is Enugu Nsukka graduate of Mathematics who did during his early campus days as UNN student, a cheap easy online paper course of a few weeks Stanford University for theory only knowledge of a practical course called Machine Learning that he cannot apply practically to build anything. Saying they build drones is a big lie and insult to the intelligence of all Nigerians.

Arone CEO false claims, https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmanuelezenwere/?originalSubdomain=ng

All their technology experts have likely never stepped outside of Nigeria, not even to Ghana to learn any drone building tech, they can only do paper writing and 3D animation videos, any real drone they build will be small drone with imported parts harvested from the DJI type mini-drones sold in shopping malls overseas and online Amazon sales shop. Is that what they will produce for NAF to fight real wars?

Arone at best can do same thing they do now in Tanzania, Uganda, etc, buy $3,000 civilian copter drone on Amazon online, use it as civilian logistics delivery drone for boxes of packaged goods like blood banks delivery to hospitals in difficult locations as a UAV medical materials delivery service. Ask them to show you that green white drone with multiple tilt-rotors propeller high tech drone they painted with Arone name, its not real, and if shown, its not their original product, or where did they get high performance gyroscope and FLIR electro-optics components?

Look, hot truth is, NAF has been offered top class expert support from Nigerian engineers with real M.Eng./PhD from American Universities, very senior engineers working for many years in project design and factory production as staff of Boeing makers of Scan Eagle UAV , NASA space program, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Predator/Reaper Armed Drones projects, Lockheed Martin fighter jet program, but NAF ignored all of them, they say they are not interested, so NAF rather chose other type of Nigerians who make drones only on 3D animated images.

Check Arone official website, the drone they claim to have built is in a 3D animated cartoon video clip show of 49 seconds! Let them show us a real drone that is Arone made own copyright product, they have nothing.

Its a disappointing one from NAF like the strange NAF procurement of Poland made Honker 4x4 tactical trucks purchase that has now vanished from service operating around 2016.

That good job is actually a normal average common sense performance from 2015, it only looks fantastic to us as Nigerians because the NAF before them did very bad jobs for years up to 2014. In a sane country of sensible humans like Ethiopia Botswana Morocco, all that NAF is doing well now, will just look ordinary average to their citizens.
At least they are doing something...

what are you doing?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:58am On May 02, 2020
lionel4power:

At least they are doing something...

what are you doing?
Making false claims about their certifications and capabilities is not going to benefit anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:44pm On May 02, 2020
Is Buratai still in the Northeast? cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:52pm On May 02, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:55pm On May 02, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
Is Buratai still in the Northeast? cool

Yeap his still good n the N.E
The sudden silence of the ongoing onslaught right? cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:35pm On May 02, 2020
bidexiii:

Yeap his still good n the N.E
The sudden silence of the ongoing onslaught right? cheesy

Yeaa kinda grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:46pm On May 02, 2020
I'm glad my page is reaching people across the world..
Here's what a Pakistani commented https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=857724608069495&id=563565107485448
From Nigeria to the world...

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:02pm On May 02, 2020
Toju200:
Here's what a Pakistani commented https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=857724608069495&id=563565107485448
Nawa 4 u
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:14pm On May 02, 2020
QuietMynd:

Nawa 4 u
wetin cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:29pm On May 02, 2020
Toju200:

Nice work bro

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2020
blacKDalia:

The A10 is a venerable CAS platform. And why are other airforce not using it might be due to concept of operation and order of battle. The troubled and wildly over-budget F-35 Lightning is supposed to replace the A-10 in the close air support role and this technologically advanced platform is not suitable for low tech job. For CAS you need low and slow platforms which can loiter for long hours. Given the F-35’s shortcomings, the Air Force is considering supplementing the plane with a relatively inexpensive light attack aircraft. The 3 aircrafts that are in the competition to provide a low tech, low cost platforms are ; Embraer A 29 super tucano, Beechcraft A26 wolverine and Textron airland scorpion.

In comparing the A29 and F-35, one of the major advantage is the operating cost, 500 dollars an hour as compared to 40,000 dollars an hour for the F-35. My take is that for a 3rd World country, the A29 is a better platform for CAS in an "uncontested air battle space".

The F-35 is equipped with a 25mm GAU rotary gun and you get to wonder what that gun will be used for in an age where dogfights are beyond visual range.

In all honesty l have zero interest in the rational of the USA's over priced arms industry cost benefit analysis. And the comparison benefits of the F35, A29 & A10.

It's a deviation from the core discussion, which is essentially what's best for Nigeria.

In that context is it best value to buy 12 turboprop A29 Tucano for $600 million that will not be delivered until 2024 for supposedly poorer partner countries. It's an absolute waste of money IMO.

Consider how much the over priced precision ordinances and missiles that the A29 will require to be effective. Do you think it's sustainable in the long term❓

It essentially it makes a nonsense of the claimed operating cost of $500 an hour when you are paying $600 million to procure just 12 aircraft.

But back to the original discourse which was to look at alternative options and consider best value for the greatest delivery outcome.

A consideration of other platforms which l did with the immediately available Wing Loong II UAV. And its much cheaper precision ordinances and missiles and 30 hour endurance for ISTAR. As well as the SU25 which has a comparable operating cost to the A29 and far more adapt to the CAS role which people feel, not me is intrinsic for succes in the NE.

But a quite a few consider the discussion to be antagonistic and contentious. Which it really should not be.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.