Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,191 members, 7,887,454 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:07 AM

Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) (36973 Views)

Charles Eni-Umukoro Remanded In Kuje Prison Over Murder Of Wife, Louisa Eni / Avengers: Eni Stops 65,000 Barrels Per Day Crude Production - Vanguard / Militants Attack Eni Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Akolawole(m): 11:58pm On May 09, 2015
teeowl:
No northerner!

There was one boy from North about 2 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 09, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

stop with your tribal rants.
I guess I should go to bed instead.
Lemme rest from this tribalist hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 09, 2015
Mention his name...
Akolawole:

There was one boy from North about 2 years ago.
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by TheEqualizer: 11:59pm On May 09, 2015
Akolawole:
Its a Pity cry

Every single thing we have to be tribalistic.

The guy was elected as a Councillor, a position you dont get paid for but allowances.

He is NOT an MP which is a much more bigger position.

There are so many Nigerians who are Councillors in UK even there was once a very brilliant Hausa boy who performed brilliantly. Also this http://africanleadership.co.uk/nigerian-girl-aisha-eniola-emerges-youngest-councillor-in-london-uk/

Ha!

Greater London should have over 1,200 councillors. Anyone can become a councillor (even as an independent candidate) as long as you can dedicate your free time to serving your ward without pay. They do give allowances though.

Notwithstanding, it does help in getting council flats from the council and to speed up application.

1 Like

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by shineeye: 12:00am On May 10, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

So google is what tells you UK lords are powerless grin

Care to educate us angry
Yes before they use to have power but the house of parliament can over rule any law coming from house of law.Lord are appointee by monarch not by the people they cannot approve any law under british constitution since the establishment of supreme court the house of Lord they are unable to prevent bills passing into law by the house of common..
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by NewNigeriaMind: 12:00am On May 10, 2015
customized13:
I guess I should go to bed instead.
Lemme rest from this tribalist hypocrite.

shitting on tribal bigots since 2013 grin

1 Like

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by kettykings: 12:05am On May 10, 2015
teeowl:
[b]Chief Emeka Anyaoku is not a current political office holder in UK.

Igbo Councillors - 10 Councillors
Councillor Nneka Keazor
Councillor Donatus Anyanwu
Councillor Joseph Ejiofor
Councillor Whitney Ihenachor
Councillor Mrs Chika Amadi
Councillor Endy Ezenwata
Councillor Crada Onuegbu
Councillor Ernest Ezeajughi
Councillor Ozzie Uzoanya
Councillor Mercy Umeh

South-south Nigeria Councillors - 3 Councillors
Councillor James Okosun - (South-south)
Councillor Florence Eshalomi (South-south)
Councillor Charity Fiberesima (South-south)

Yoruba Councillors - 15 Councillors
Councillor James Ogungbose
Councillor Adegboyega Oluwole
Councillor Mabel Ogundayo
Councillor Aisha Eniola
Councillor Tayo Oladapo
Councillor Seyi Akiwowo
Councillor Yemi Osho
Councillor Sade Bright
Councillor Olu Babatola
Councillor Obajimi Adefiranye
Councillor Adedamola Aminu
Councillor Susan Fajana-Thomas
Councillor Olurotimi Ogunbadewa
Councillor Rachel Onikosi
Councillor Joy Laguda MBE[/b]

lol Victor eni is not in your list

2 Likes

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Deltagiant: 12:07am On May 10, 2015
customized13:
tell us how an former appointed member of the house of lords is more prestigious than a medal for "freedom of the city of London"

We know all cheesy

Good question.

An insulting comparison for that matter.
In addition, Adebowale was honored with a lesser CBE - Commander Of the British Empire, and the man they're 'measuring dick' with, Chief Anyaoku, was honored with the aristocratic Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order

I repeat, must these people argue just about everything?
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Nobody: 12:07am On May 10, 2015
Victor Eni is newly elected... This list is the current standing. Just like Jonathan is still the president of Nigeria and Buhari is newly elected.

kettykings:

lol Victor eni is not in your list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Sylverly(m): 12:08am On May 10, 2015
And how many of them(foreigners) can we give such opportunity over here in Nigeria..well, even a non indigene can't be an SUG president #we still have a long way to go...# ethnicity dn paralyse us..
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by NewNigeriaMind: 12:08am On May 10, 2015
shineeye:
Yes before they use to have power but the house of parliament can over rule any law coming from house of law.Lord are appointee by monarch not by the people they cannot approve any law under british constitution since the establishment of supreme court the house of Lord they are unable to prevent bills passing into law by the house of common..

I was gonna go to bed but I need to reply your post.

While I am sleepy I hope this quote helps, for those ignorant folks on nairaland, the UK parliament is split into two:

Upper house-house of lords

Lower House- house of commons.

Now this is the power of house of lords over house of commons

The House of Lords scrutinises bills that have been approved by the House of Commons.[10] It regularly reviews and amends Bills from the Commons.[11] While it is unable to prevent Bills passing into law, except in certain limited circumstances,[12] it can delay Bills and force the Commons to reconsider their decisions.[13] In this capacity, the Lords acts as a check on the House of Commons that is independent from the electoral process.[14][15][16] Bills can be introduced into either the House of Lords or the House of Commons. Members of the Lords may also take on roles as government ministers. The House of Lords has its own support services, separate from the Commons, including the House of Lords Library.

The Queen's Speech is delivered in the House of Lords during the State Opening of Parliament. In addition to its role as the upper house, until the establishment of the Supreme Court in 2009, the House of Lords, through the Law Lords, acted as the final court of appeal in the British judicial system.[17] The House also has a Church of England role, in that Church Measures must be tabled within the House by the Lords Spiritual.

Note: while the house of lord cannot prevent the house of commons from passing a bill into law, it exercises significant influence to the level it can force the house of common to make significant amendments.

However, the question is which house is higher ranking, the house of lords ranks higher and the UK government is a parliamentary system.

In all, it was fun chatting with you, at least it good to exercise the mind a little grin

Good night

shallom grin
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by NewNigeriaMind: 12:14am On May 10, 2015
In other news, I am still in Kaduna, sabo and haven't met the beautiful nairalanders from here grin
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by TheEqualizer: 12:20am On May 10, 2015
Since you're celebrating Nigerian exploits, I think the new Mayor of Lambeth is Nigerian.

You can celebrate him too.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Nobody: 12:27am On May 10, 2015
hairyanus:
Proudly Nigerian ..If you are not happy for him. You are either an enemy of progress or your heart is filled with hate. Be happy for another mans success. So shall yours come. Whatever you sow is what you reap.

Jews of Nigerian extraction doing their nation proud.

1 Like

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by opeolukoya: 12:47am On May 10, 2015
K
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Gr8amechi: 1:22am On May 10, 2015
tonychristopher:

Nna

Kedu ihe m ga ekwu ? Akwa ndi ofe manu juru London na anya taxi ...next they will say lagoon or we hosted you

Igbo we know are light years ahead ...no wonder they want out of this help hole

God I am grateful for making me igbo ....so many role models so many contacts

Dalu
let's be objective, did these people tell the queen that England was no man's land?? let us learn to be civil, trust me those guys don't behave the way most of their brothers here in Nigeria do behave, if not they would have deported them , these people profess their love for the queen and England each day not here when we run other tribe down even in there own land
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by wiseoneking: 1:26am On May 10, 2015
[quote thor=NewNigeriaMind post=33585448]

Oga there are over 40 Nigerians elected councilors in the UK angry angry angry

What is wrong with you people angry

I know this is new to you guys grin[/quote May be 35 of them are igbos. I think so. Just celebrate this one we have seen then others
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by wiseoneking: 1:43am On May 10, 2015
teeowl:
Councillor Nneka Keazor
Councillor Endy Ezenwata
Councillor Crada Onuegbu
Councillor Ozzie Uzoanya
Councillor Mercy Umeh
Councillor Aisha Eniola
Councillor Tayo Oladapo
Councillor Seyi Akiwowo
Councillor Yemi Osho
Councillor Sade Bright
Councillor Olu Babatola

I know this is new to you guys grin[/quote May be 35 of them are igbos. I think so. Just celebrate this one we have seen then others
teeowl:
Councillor Nneka Keazor
Councillor Endy Ezenwata
Councillor Crada Onuegbu
Councillor Ozzie Uzoanya
Councillor Mercy Umeh
Councillor Aisha Eniola
Councillor Tayo Oladapo
Councillor Seyi Akiwowo
Councillor Yemi Osho
Councillor Sade Bright
Councillor Olu Babatola

I know this is new to you guys grin[/quote May be 35 of them are igbos. I think so. Just celebrate this one we have seen then others. But be reminded that one igbo MP is greater than all the 40 councillors
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by wiseoneking: 1:53am On May 10, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I tire for these morons.

Imagine the idiot comparing Emeka given a medal to a member of the house of lords and a Life peer grin
Honestly you reason like an illiterate. You still argue about Emeka Anyaoku. Thats why some igbos call you guys egg head. Mind you that even one igbo MP is greater than all these councillors. It is obvious that God made igbo to be greater than other tribes except in Nigerian politics and it because of their republican and individualism nature.
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by dunkem21(m): 2:14am On May 10, 2015
africanusvu:
because u forgot to take ur routine drug and the madness is back,just go back to hospital

I don't respond to monikers not yet up to a month on NL.

You should know that by now.
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by dunkem21(m): 2:18am On May 10, 2015
Gr8amechi:
let's be objective, did these people tell the queen that England was no man's land?? let us learn to be civil, trust me those guys don't behave the way most of their brothers here in Nigeria do behave, if not they would have deported them , these people profess their love for the queen and England each day not here when we run other tribe down even in there own land

Let's be objective ..Who told the Oba that Lagos is a no man's land
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by NewNigeriaMind: 2:40am On May 10, 2015
wiseoneking:
Honestly you reason like an illiterate. You still argue about Emeka Anyaoku. Thats why some igbos call you guys egg head. Mind you that even one igbo MP is greater than all these councillors. It is obvious that God made igbo to be greater than other tribes except in Nigerian politics and it because of their republican and individualism nature.

MY na your papa village title,

There have been Britons of Yoruba origin elected as MPs we don't make noise.

You are pretty daft, do you know how many, MPs from other minority UK citizens elected. Why are those other people not making noise

One person of Edo origin was also elected, do you see edo people acting like morons here

By the next election in the UK, tell them not to leave the house if they don't get re-elected since its your village traditional title.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by NewNigeriaMind: 2:44am On May 10, 2015
I just laugh at some idiots here.

1 Like

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by semitunde: 2:52am On May 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

They are too dumb taking over all available MP seats while yorubas are all enrolling into terorism

Are councillors MP seats?

1 Like

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by InvertedHammer: 3:01am On May 10, 2015
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by prettyboi1(m): 3:24am On May 10, 2015
Beync:
are you for real? Havnt you heard of dual citizenshp before? Little wonder sone of you people treat others like outcasts just becos they are not born nor bred in your state

You don't know what you're saying. Once you get into any government anywhere in this world, you lose your right to "dual citizenship", your loyalty is required only to the country to who's government you're now a part of.
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Richiez(m): 4:35am On May 10, 2015
What's mango head? Boko Haram?
Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by bionixs: 5:02am On May 10, 2015
kasiem:
Una no wan make som people sleep at all this week? Which kind bad news una dey release anyhow for some people? Lolz
Any witch that isnt cool with it should ask God why ,shouting and incure the wrath of CHUKWU ABIAMA HIMSELF

1 Like

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Sheggy13(m): 5:11am On May 10, 2015
babestella:

Yorubas will not comment and show some love to Victor because the guy was not reported to have courriered hard drugs. I feel for this country and gradually losing hope in it. If it was a bad news, then you'll see the few Yoruba bigots on Nairaland trolling everyone Igbo comment.
The man has done well for himself and Nigeria. Can't u sincerely see how your Igbo brothers and sisters have been abusing Yorubas on this thread without provocation from the very first page cos of Mr Eni's victory. All to prove what point? I don't get it. Really unfortunate we have so many educated illiterates on this site.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by Sheggy13(m): 5:29am On May 10, 2015
babestella:

Please stop spreading falsehood. Where else have you ever lived aside from Lagos and your state or in SW? How many other tribes migrate to Igbo land to live there and make their family? If you have the money, come to Umuahia I will sell you lands and you get all your legal documents within a month, no omonile wahala, you build your house and rent it out. You people should try first rather than listening to propaganda and spreading falsehood.
Is it not in the same Umuahia that the governor couldn't stand fellow Igbo non-Abians in the civil service and had to dismiss them, and that same man was rewarded with a Senate seat after 2 terms in office and even successfully installed his stooge as his successor. Is it in such places they'll allow Yorubas contest elective positions, or some other Igbos are seen as outcasts (osus)? Thank God for the internet. We're all aware of these things.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) by mckay85(m): 5:41am On May 10, 2015
Do you know who Odin is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Usman Jubril Endorsed For Kogi Governor By APC Leaders, Elders / Sheriff Oborevwori Kneels, Thanks Okowa After Winning PDP Governorship Ticket / Ahmed Lawan Endorses Akpabio For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.