Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,648 members, 7,975,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 06:28 AM

What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (27283 Views)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by somegirl(f): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2006
Sista: However, I don't see how making me realize that [some of us]* fight each other is going to help black people.

It is necessary to see a problem in order to solve it, whether the whites are/were responsible for this problem or not. It won't help to pretend it didn't exist.

*I replaced "we" by "some of us" because this reflects what I said better.

Sista: As a rule, black people don't get into the affairs of white people.

Many people wishing to migrate would like the European countries to change their immigration laws and once they are here they want the same rights as the whites: Equal opportunities, protection from racism, right to vote, etc. And you know what? I think a black person original from Africa who now lives here should get all of the above.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2006
@Somegirl

It is necessary to see a problem in order to solve it, whether the whites are/were responsible for this problem or not. It won't help to pretend it didn't exist.

This is true but black people fighting each other is the result, the surface of an underlying situation. Let's deal with the source, other wise we will be denying the truth, hence fourth never really knowing how to go about seeking a solution which would be based on knowing the truth first. White people don't want Africans to know the truth, why?

Many people wishing to migrate would like the European countries to change their immigration laws and once they are here they want the same rights as the whites: Equal opportunities, protection from racism, right to vote, etc. And you know what? I think a black person original from Africa who now lives here should get all of the above.

And you should because it was your people who are responsible for Africans who run from Africa seeking refuge any where else but Africa. How is it that those same white people who claimed to be helping Africa by colonization are those same people who do not allow Africans to have rights in Europe? I don't understand, do you? Europeans have rights in Africa but why do Africans not have rights in Europe? Can you explain that?

This is all a result of an underlying concpiracy in my opinion.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2006
To Drussilla,

First of all my sister is nice having you back.

Drusilla:

As you know. My mother, my brother, my sister, my uncles, my aunts, my grandparents are all white.

It's not about this or that individual white person, it neither what I nor Sista nor any other African American is talking about.

Is not either what am all about, but Sista was kind of turning the whole thing to a kind of personal attack, so I decided to stay away because I don't want to be part of the problem but part of the solution, you have to agree with me that the way sista is going about the whole thing is wrong, you even tryed to caution her when she was new and just started posting, she told you she has her own style of teaching [we all know is not good for one to assume the post of a teacher when we all know that we all differ in experiences, hence the need to share ideas and learn] or what ever, she should be the judge to know if that her style is working now and you too can as well make up your mind, is not about the message but the presentation. you could be telling somebody the truth, but if you are saying that truth in a commanding tone, or you are kind of sarcastic or worst you are using curse words to inpose your views on people, or if they notice some kind of extremity in your character, they might form this inpresion that you are crazy and might disregard what ever massage one has to offer which is why they say too much of every thing is bad, and they might come to this conclusion that you should phuck off, this is human nature and this is exactly the problem that Sista is facing in Nairaland. She should learn presentation and moderation, this she should learn from you my sister, if she cares. She also has this attitude of ''we and them'' which is contradictory to the way you came as ''we'', though she claims she is preaching for unity, am not saying she does this intentional, but this is the way it looks, signalling the need for a better presentation or better articulation of one's views.

You sound so mean, infact you sound pretty much like the same people you are preaching against, the only Difference is that you are hurting your very own people [ black Albino ] with your wicked allegations, they are black people, they were born black and they know themselves as Blacks, they are blacker that you 've ever known. If you think deep down your heart bearing in mind and considering the evil the white man has done to black people, there is no black person that is qualified to be used as a sacrifice for there evil, all these theories are not credible, white people has Albino people too, white people are not Albinos, white people are Black people, there mutation from black to white is only because of weather and nothing more, this is why they both has Albino people, this is why they mix more than every race, this is why they are in competition with each other, this why they appear to hate each other [ because a lot of white people are wicked ] but they can't live without each other, I did a lot of work in translating your ''BLACK INVENTORS'' topic [Dont thank a whitman, thank a blackman] in different white peoples forums to open peoples eyes, but this time around you got it all wrong am disappointed.

do you remember the person that posted this quote above to you in one of your threads, I think your albino thread [check it out], you see this is why is not good for people to jump into people's live and start talking without knowing a thing like our sister sista did, when my wife created a thread about ''black inventors'' from your topic ''Don't thank a white man, thank a black man'' in a Russian forum [the Russian's has this impresion that black people are worthles and did not invent anything and did not contribute any thing to the betterness of mankind after been fed with a lot of western propaganda], it was a big torture and a big revolution, but it payed off because many Russian were able to know the truth, do you know that my computer is blocked till today from that Russian forum because of this thread, cause the owner of the forum did not want people to know the truth. the thread ran up to 500 pages, this is just a tip of the iceberg as to what she does to spread the truth, is not for sista to tell people whom and whom not to be with. She seems to forget that one the founders of Afrocentrism that she brandishis her self to be preaching was ''Bob Marley'', a mixed race person, who is black?: ''Prince'' or Michael Jackson, to me I'll say ''Prince', but prince is also a mix race person, a wise person would really think deeply here.

Few things to know about Russia:

1,   During the days of slavery while the whole of the  west enslaved black people,  the whole of the eastern block [that later became the soviet union] was under the king of Russia, and the only black slave that was sold to Russisa worked in the kings palace and the king so much liked him that he allowed him to marry and live like a free man, the king of Russia named him ''Пушкин'' [Puchkin] and his grand son ''Александр Сергеевич Пушкин'' [Alexandr Sergievich Puchkin] later became the greatest Russian writter and poet, in the whole of eastern Europe every city has a street named after him, even till today.

2,  During the sixties when Black people were been segregated in American and in the whole of west, the Russians were busy giving Africans scholaship to study in Russia

3   Racism only started in Russia after 1996 when the west finally secured the chance and bombarded Russia with racist films after the ''RUSSIAN PERESTROIKA'', the aftermath of the down fall of the ''SOVIET UNION''

Russians too were brainwashed, just like some Nigerian's are brainwashed, so before people generalize, there is a need to know a little about history [Sista take note]

It is about Global White Supremacy, a system, an institution, the way the world is ran.

White people run this world. White people made and enforce this system which causes the starvation death of 33,000 people everyday.

This is a good point, people tend to get confused when they notice that am in sopport of the Biafra or the Igboland seceding from Nigeria, am not in sorpport of this because I hate Nigeria, but because when Nigeria was formed it was formed by the white man and for the benefit of the white man, which is why the country is not moving forward with all the riches we have in Nigeria, the problem is that we Africans has been depending so much on the riches of mineral resources and has failed to develop or recorgnize the riches of the power of the brains in our mist, hence I want the Igbo's to secced, or at least go autornomous and develop there talents, since the Igbo's are the only known African tribe with an indegenous technology, if you 've been to Nigeria, you would have hard of Igbo made goods, but Nigeria is not ready to make this a national issue, you would be very disapointed that people would make mention of this only when they want to antagonize, because African's are brainwashed people [please people don't jump on my throad for saying the truth, no harm ment].  

Everything I want people to learn is so that we together can learn enough to stop helping "the white system" kill people, starve people, so we can help the poor, the immizerated

No right thinking African would or should ever doubt your intentions cause they are good, I can tell you to your face my sister, I believe you, keep up the good work.

A Continental African is offensive to us, when all he wants to do, is get in good in the system and take care of his own family and say phuck the rest, their low life bastards.

And that is the attitude that AA most often meet. One that says I am only out for me and mines.

You 've always looked at this things from a honest point of view, you know that the way the media presents Continental African's is bad likewise the way the media present's the African America's, a kind of conspiracy against all black people, but when few Bad African American's use the few media time they' ve got to help in propagating this negative stereo type view of the continental African's, that creates bad blood, if this forum was to be in the 90s you would have seen how good the CAs would have recieved the AAs, this is a fact [God knows I will never take sides], this is why we all have a job to do.

We are together and that includes those whites who help us? Who understand that they must help us and not try to rule over us or make decisions for us?

It's bigger than your white wife and my white mother

What Sista should have known before attacking me is if somebody with a family setting like mine has views like mine, then I must have a very strong character.

Your missing a big part of what we are saying if you do not understand that, and I am really surprised that you did not understand that.

I do understand you perfectly.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2006
@925

What Sista should have known before attacking me is if somebody with a family setting like mine has views like mine, then I most have a very strong character

I have a very strong character as well accept I am a woman so what is your point? If you don't like what I say, that is your problem. I call it as I see it and I tell the truth. I can't help it if you took what I said as a personal attack against you. However, as with your situation, I can see how you feel that way.  What I said also went for people who think like you in terms of me (Sista). Those people being those who assume me to be hateful of white people based their distorted perception of me.

Is not either what am all about, but Sista was kind of turning the whole thing to a kind of personal attack, so I decided to stay away because I don't want to be part of the problem but part of the solution, you have to agree with me that the way sista is going about the whole thing is wrong,

From my experience with you, you may or may not respond to me but I have to say this for my self. You say that what I do is wrong, I say that what you say is contradicting and hypocritical.

Your above quote has nothing to do with the way you went about responding to my satire of hate against white people. Your perception of what I was doing in that post was based on your having a white wife. You read where I said I hate white people and you didn't bother to read the rest cause all you could think of was your self. If you knew what I was doing, your response would not have been so long in explaining why hating all white people is a bad thing. I asked you to go back and reread the post before falling for the okey doke people were saying about me which was I hate all white people. If you knew me and my character, you would not have wasted your time going for what was being pulled. Don't tell me about needing to know your character if you don't show that you need to know my character. You are the man so I should pay close attention to you but I am a woman who is not worth your responding to because you have already built your perception of me? Pleeeeze. This is hypocritical amongst other things.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2006
@925

do you remember the person that posted this quote above to you in one of your threads, I think your albino thread [check it out], you see this is why is not good for people to jump into people's live and start talking without knowing a thing like our sister sista did, when my wife created a thread about ''black inventors'' from your topic ''Don't thank a white man, thank a black man''

You are fasly accusing me, I never joined that discussion your wife created. I don't know what you are talking about, you are going to have to provide proof before you continue to accuse me of this.

I am Innocent until proven guilty and if part of your perception of me is built upon what you think you know, your entire perception is wrong.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2006
Sista:

@925

You are fasly accusing me, I never joined that discussion your wife created. I don't know what you are talking about, you are going to have to provide proof before you continue to accuse me of this.

I am Innocent until proven guilty and if part of your perception of me is built upon what you think you know, your entire perception is wrong.

I never accused you of joining the discursion my wife created, you were not in the said Russian Forum, were you?, but when Drusilla reads my post, she would understand what I meant, all I just hope you would do, is change you militant approach so that people wont be on your throat all the time.

cheers.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2006
@925

do you remember the person that posted this quote above to you in one of your threads, I think your albino thread [check it out], you see this is why is not good for people to jump into people's live and start talking without knowing a thing like our sister sista did, when my wife created a thread about ''black inventors'' from your topic ''Don't thank a white man, thank a black man''

I guess this may have been an on running sentence. If so, I now see what you were saying.

Why didn't you bother to respond to the other post I left for you?

You seem to be running from me and I don't think it has anything to do with my method. You had no problem with my method when you were responding to my topic "all black people descend from Africa"

When I say something that does not attract you, you run.

Am I one of those disobedient black woman, who has a big mouth and does not no when to shut up when she is supposed to? Maybe so, because I see you having many back and fourth debates with men who disagree with you or say's things you don't agree with but with a woman like me, you don't get into it because your excuse is, I am personally attacking you. That's a good one.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 1:34am On Oct 16, 2006
Sista:

@925

I guess this may have been an on running sentence. If so, I now see what you were saying.

Why didn't you bother to respond to the other post I left for you?

You seem to be running from me and I don't think it has anything to do with my method. You had no problem with my method when you were responding to my topic "all black people descend from Africa"

When I say something that does not attract you, you run.

Am I one of those disobedient black woman, who has a big mouth and does not no when to shut up when she is supposed to? Maybe so, because I see you having many back and fourth debates with men who disagree with you or say's things you don't agree with but with a woman like me, you don't get into it because your excuse is, I am personally attacking you. That's a good one.

What?, do you expect me to come and be exchanging name callings like you people are doing here?, secondly am not against your ideas, but the unnecessary brutality is what I frown about, thirdly when a thread is in the low I don't consider it necessary to get involved, cause I do think that civility should be maintained at any level of arguments, encroaching people is not my thing.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 4:57am On Oct 16, 2006
@925

What?, do you expect me to come and be exchanging name callings like you people are doing here?

People were already arguing when you came to make your speaech about "not hating all white people" in fact, that speech you made was because the thread had already gone out of whack. When you made your speech, no one responded to you calling you names and when I responded to you, I didn't call you any names. I'm not getting you at this point, where was the name calling towards you?

, secondly am not against your ideas, but the unnecessary brutality is what I frown about, thirdly when a thread is in the low I don't consider it necessary to get involved, cause I do think that civility should be maintained at any level of arguments, encroaching people is not my thing.

But, you still chose to approach this thread when it was in it's low stages. In fact, the thread is still in it's low stages. As black people we cannot run from each other when we feel that we can't take the heat of each other. Weather we believe it or not, that is the psychology of a person who has fallen into the sepratism syndrome. Even if you had to take a break, when you came back to respond to Drusilla and you made comments about me, you should have shared your issues of me with me before sharing your issues of me with her. You even tried to bring up some old stuff between Drusilla and I where I told her I had my own teaching method. That was all water under the bridge and you tried to make her remember that as something negative she should look out for in terms of me. Drusilla and I may have had our minor past disagreements with each other but the love we share for black people over comes that petty stuff.

My point is when I asked you to explain to me why you felt it was in order to give your speech after I made my hate whitey satirical? You didn't get my satirical and you assumed that I was saying that I hate white people as a whole. I don't like people to make an unclear assumptions about me. Although I know people in nairaland will do that, I kind of hoped that you were different, able to put aside any differences we had and make a clear conscious judgment of me. Although you and I don't agree on some things, that the one thing we do agree on (the love for black people) would allow you to make clear judgments about me. I really wish you would go back to my hate whitey satirical and see what it was I was doing. Read that entire post, don't start at the satirical it self read that entire post. Read it from a subjective mind perspective, you will see what was going on, then get back to me and tell me what you saw. If you have any questions, just ask me but please don't assume anything. Here is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=23185.msg648111#msg648111
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Drusilla(f): 5:41am On Oct 16, 2006

I do agree with you. Sista's approach is an approach, I would not take nor recommend. I agree also it shows more of an us against them attitude than even Sista may be aware of. I also agree that personal attacks leads conversations down the wrong road and many of those Sista gets involved with lead that way.

Her reply to my criticism's is that she knew what she was doing and so I stepped back and did not get involved except where I see an issue that I want to emphasize.

However, in her defense, it seemed beyond crystal clear that she was being satirical when talking about hating whites. Maxwell has been more than dishonest for acting as if he could not see that. And apparently it confused you too.

Besides which I think white people have nuclear weapons, they do not need anybody to defend them. So I do not spend anytime trying to stop somebody from hating whites.

It is is disconcerting to see so many feel the need to speak up in defense of whites but to never hear a word or a peep in defense of all the starving blacks and what is happening horribly to blacks in this world.

So I personally am against the responses that go out of their way to attack Sista even if she really did hate all whites and was not being funny.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 7:04am On Oct 16, 2006
@Drusilla, with love

Drusilla, I love you to death but his isn't fare, it is enough the other people in here speak about me as if I am not here but I do not expect this from you. In the past when I felt like your approach wasn't agreeable to me, I came to you about that. I didn't speak of you as if you to someone else as if you were some third person character in a book. I know some Nairalanders are going to see this as some battle between you and I but please don't give them what they want. when you speak of me, speak of me as if you are speaking to me not speaking of me, please, do that for me as I would do the same for you.

Also, I respect yours and 925s opinion about my approach.

If you read back, you will see that this whole discussion began to go down hill when Babiosisi was persistent in saying bad things about AA people.She recanted the bad things that she said because Uju sided with me saying that she understood me more so than anyone. But, Babosis was not for real when she recanted because later on she came back in and said something about AA people that was really out of this world, I can give you the link so you can see for your self. I defended AA people and I spoke of why AA people do certain things. I was being accused of making up excuses for black people and my excuse was do to not liking white people Nairalanders said. Me not liking white people was twisted into hatred of white people. After being accused of hatred so much, I got the impression really quick that I was damned if I did, and damned if I didn't. So, let's show Nairlanders what hate really is. I decided to show people what hate is by producing a satire with the reverse of what white people do and have done, only in the form of black people now being the oppressor, you see how that was twisted even though I had a smiley face at the end? So, I said all of that to say this, in this discussion, how was my approach wrong in any way? Please explain that Drusilla? As I am willing to change when I can see where my mistake was. Right now, I'm not seeing it.

Also, I have seen many discussions you and 925 have been in that a conversation have turned into personal attacks on both sides. So I am not getting this. You said so your self that some Nairalanders consoled a white man who said he wanted Nigerians dead. That tells me and should tell you that anything you, I or 925 has to say is going to make those same people who consoled the white man have problem with each one of us who speak against whitey. So please help me with explaining to me, what approach do you thing is better for me to take if any?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mamaput(f): 7:35am On Oct 16, 2006
Sista that am mixed dose not make me mixed up my problem in life.
In Germany am black in Nigeria am "white" (not for everybody) .
I have nothing in commen with Drusilla that you accept (even though she is mixed)

another statement for you to copy and translate

Du leidest unter verfolgungs- Wahn.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Drusilla(f): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2006
Sista,

I apologize for speaking of you in the third person, when you are right here. It is my way of speaking harshly about someone I really like.

I take a different approach because of this one factor: I know that anybody who is trying to prop up Nigeria as something greater than what African Americans have is full of shit. Period.

Culturally, technology, intellectually, economically or whatever level you want to compare, African Americans come out on top.

Continental Africans come to America, with great hope and love and then are treated like slobs by AA and it hurts them but being that they are just Nigga's who speak a different language, they began to do as any Nigga in the Ghetto would: they begin to front. To play it off. To represent.

Same as all rappers pretend that riding through dilapitated 'hoods' in nice cars is the shiznit but we all know as 50 cents says: "I'd run away from this bitch, if I could." or as Buju Banton said: " What about those who can not afford to run away?"

In otherwords, their full of shit. They know it. I know it. So unless their fronting particularily distasteful, I do not bother.

I do not know how to make it more clear to you that Nigerians are just Nigga's.

Same as any old Nigga you would meet in the Ghetto. You know Nigga's in the Ghetto like to go on and on about how great they are for going to college. Knowing damn well, they happiest when they around Nigga's who did not go to college. Knowing damn well, that life is still a struggle after college. Knowing grants and degrees doesn't stop a mother fucker from being lonely and bored to tears.

In fact recent studies have shown immigrants particularily African and Hispanic immigrants get sicker and have more mental illness than African Americans.

It is my firm belief that I must have patience with them all because unless they get my attitude, they will die and not thrive.

Despite the bullshit they talk.

To me it seems as if you believe their bullshit talk. That shows that you really do think of them as US and THEM.

Their just Nigga's. Really they are. I can't think of anyway to be more clear about this one fact that will go a long ways towards your understanding that you are in fact talking to a bunch of Black People. Who are in fact in the throws of major mental changes because they are just finding out that whites were bullshitting when they talked about all that equality shit.

That is a painful phaze for anybody who has went to college and really believed in equality and integration and individualism.

I remember my own pain to understand their pain and I work with it.

You should do this. Remember your pain and realize that theirs has just begun for some here it was long ago like 925 and many others.

Others here are not even that far along more at a kindergarden stage of white worship and that is whom you will most likely argue with. I usually take a hammer to that type, it is the only thing they can understand and it usually makes them run away. You give them to much respect by even arguing with them at their level. I realize this is probably a sign of your care and maybe even your profession (teacher?) but it can draw you into to some bullshit conversations, where your debating lies.

Some used to get mad at me because I refused to get into negativity about AA. I just report good things when they say negative things. I always link the good things and it shuts their mouth usually.

I love these Black people just like I love Black American People.

Really try to understand this and then you will have an easy time here. Your talking to your own people.

That is who I am talking to anyways. My own Black People.

And you know how hard headed we is.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mamaput(f): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2006
Ehe Please do not chok us with your love.
I have heard of mothers that killed their babies with too much love.
One of them wanted to have her baby in her bed and rolled over it when she was sleeping.
There is no difference petween you and the white people.
Mistake there is one difference you cannot force us to accept your word,.
Like you the white man came to tell us what was good for us . The Bible in one hand the flag in the other. and he came with guns.
What a pity you do not have them any more.
You talk about us as if we are children in the dark that have not seen the light.
The best part about it is you do not even know this.
I hate this "All Niggers are bad but my Nigger is a good nigger " Shit.
I hate this stupid missionary wannabe that you more esspeically Sista is playing on us.
Talking to us as if we are little children,.

"Niggers are like children they know nothing" Dose this statement ring a bell in your ears.

IN the bible there is a part were jesus sends his people to preach his words.
But he also said if they do not listen clean the dust off your sandals and move on.
Am not asking you to go no but please tell sista to let us be.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Drusilla(f): 10:05am On Oct 16, 2006
Mamaput,

Come now, chile. I stopped taking you seriously the day you volunteered that the only Africa that existed before the whiteman was the hut weave skirt wearing one.

You have made it abundantly clear, you know nothing about Africa and never will. No matter how many times you go and visit where your dad came from.

As you told me, you were raised in a home where your white mother had a fit and hated that they taught you anything about your black self.

Your lowself esteem about Africa is a direct result of the teaching of your parents.

I don't really expect anything better from you. You have nothing but put downs for Nigeria and Nigerians except when it serves your purpose you believe when talking to African Americans.

Do yourself a favor, don't waste my time. I am not Sista.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Drusilla(f): 10:38am On Oct 16, 2006
Buddha:

You deserve Nirvana (heaven), when you purposely give up Nirvana (heaven) and go back to hell and bring others to Nirvana.

Some may hate the missionary shit of Christians or Arabs or other religions like Sista's but for me.

Reach One, Teach One.

We are One.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by delf747(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2006
Drusilla:

Continental Africans come to America, with great hope and love and then are treated like slobs by AA and it hurts them but being that they are just Nigga's who speak a different language, they began to do as any Nigga in the Ghetto would: they begin to front. To play it off. To represent.

I do not know how to make it more clear to you that Nigerians are just Nigga's.

In fact recent studies have shown immigrants particularily African and Hispanic immigrants get sicker and have more mental illness than African Americans.

Oh Drusilla you are transparent.

You acknowledge the misery that will be inflicted upon African people when they come to America.

But you DO NOT discourage them from coming.

Instead, you talk disparagingly about their honourable response to your nations sickness.

And then you talk condescendingly about helping them.

What kind of person tries to bring suffering upon their own family?

It is a person whose heart and mind are spiritually diseased.

One thing is abundantly clear.

African people SHOULD NOT emigrate to America.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mamaput(f): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2006
My white mother was allowed to have any fit she wanted to. Its her good right as a white woman.
Even Nigeriansthat go home have them.
That i made a Tarzen and jane comment supreises me that you took it so serious.
But what do you think most Africans had on ARMINI .
Not everything Afriacan is or was good please and it was the black African in his greed that was supplying the white man with slaves in exchange for mirrors and glass peals.
If you like go and get a blood transfusion. and get rid of your white blood.
I do not like everything African nor everything white its my good right to pick the one i like.
By the way my mother is late and cannot speak for herself so stop talking about her. Thankyou.
You and sista talk like the Good old Adlof Hitler may be you guys just need a gass chamber but remember youu too are not pure breed. and sista has said it with her own mouth she likes you even though you are white.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Drusilla(f): 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2006
delf747,

You make too many assumptions.

I am a mother of 5 children. I take the point of view of the mothers of Africa, who haven't seen their kids in a while, don't get to care for or raise their grandkids. And the villages that invest in these educations and trips in the hopes that the person will return and bring new and better knowledge with them.

I try not to barrage Africans with my feelings on this matter because I know the suffering they face if they had not left.

Thus I deal with the reality that if they are here then they need to step up to the plate and play the game. Many do and they do an excellent job. Nothing better in this world than one of these smart Nigerians when they become an Afrocentric.

Right now Dompere an Nigerian scholar,  is bringing to the table the most comprehensive over all view of how Afrocentrism should continue to be built between Africa and the Diaspora.

Many other CA scholars are adding immeasurable scholarly and sophisticated views to Afrocentrism.

Which of course Afrocentrism while credited to the AA, is really descended from 2 CA. 1 from the 1940's and Diop of course. Historically CA's actually started Afrocentrism. AA just have a louder voice and so put it into motion around the world. So people mistakenly think Afrocentrism is from the African Americans.

An investment in sharing knowledge of Afrocentrism with the new school of Continental Africans is a very wise investment for AA because the CA's are educated at a level higher than AA's, generally.

I love to read reviews and rebukes of white scholars by CA's. Far more scholarly and devastating than the sometimes emotional responses of AA.

When CA's get it. They really get it and they have the ability to talk in better english than whites, so whites can not deny their works, except to get hillbilly* on the African.

*hillbilly is the same as getting ghetto*

Don't assume to know what I think.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Drusilla(f): 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2006
Mamaput,

There you go again, showing you know nothing about African history.

Please explain why the first act of African slavery was the Portugese selling the Ashanti 12,000 slaves?

Why does the top white expert on African slavery, say that the slave was considered of higher class than the normal villager? He also says that out of the 5 forms of slavery only 2 would be defined as close to any type of slavery had in America and both of these were coveted slave positions i.e. people wanted those jobs as being the Chiefs bakery slave or whatever?

Also when one talks of what Africans sold slaves for, you should mention Gin and Guns. The mirror and pearls things belongs to American Indian history, not African history. Africans had jewels in abundance, gold, diamond, silver, etc and were smelting it in a one stop process. They were not buying trinkets from whites, whites were buying jewelry from them.

Also it was well known that they were selling the darkest Africans out of Africa.

This is whom I come from. The darkest Africans in Africa.

Nobody's blood is purer black than mine. By the way, I am not white. I am Black. My mother is white. Don't get it confused.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2006
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2006
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2006
@Drusilla

I don't think they were all treated that way but I am sure that some of them were and it was a great disappointment but it can't be any different from the AA's who were used by their C/African brothers and sisters to gain papers or to become financially duped by them. None of us have been being honest with each other so, both AA's and Continent born Africans are both to blame for them not helping each other and treating each other as slobs. AA's didn't get the name Akata from Nigerians for nothing and Africans from the continent did not get the name Coffa from AA's for nothing. We do each other wrong and we are both wrong. Not one is more innocent than the other or has suffered more than the other. That's the truth, so let's not place all blame on one group, we are all responsible and we need to stop treating each other as if we are our own worst enemy.

To me it seems as if you believe their bullshit talk. That shows that you really do think of them as US and THEM.

I believe that some of them believe their bullshit talk but no, I don't believe them as if they are a separate entity from me as a whole in terms of black people. It is not that I believe them, but I can't take the chances on someone else believing them. For 1 Ignorant black person there 2 million other ignorance. When a Nairalander says something to me that is not true, I can't ignore them because that would mean that I my self believe that there is some flaw in what I teach. It may very well be a flaw but if it is, I will still respond and say my bad. My point is, my sincerity shows in my ability to point out very important facts and for those people who observe they look for me to do that. You would be suprised at how many Instant Messages and emails I get from Nairalanders that observe what I am telling people. These people are Nairlanaders who want to say what I am saying but can't put it the way that I put it so they depend on me to do it. For those people, I feel it is my duty not to let them down. As far as them and us, if you are referring to me seeing Africans in Nairalanders as them and me as us, you will need to explain more in depth of how I do that. Outside of Nairaland I have many Nigeiran friends that I went to school with or met through other people as a matter a fact, I have African friends born on the continent who come from Ghana and Mali. I couldn't possibly see them as not us. It is my wonderful relationships with them which as brought me into to Nairaland, my friend who is Igbo was the one who introduced me to this site. I don't know what you are talking about.
Others here are not even that far along more at a kindergarden stage of white worship and that is whom you will most likely argue with

Now I agree with this and to be truthful, I really believe and know that this is the only problem and I prepeared my self for that before I even signed up to become a memeber of nairaland. I just go ahead and drop my seeds. One of the good things about planting a seed or dropping seeds is, even if the roots are already damaged from previous brain wash, the good thing about damaged roots is, those roots can be pulled out. Once those roots are pulled out a spiritual cleansing takes palce, the spiritual cleansing is symbolic to water which makes the now fertile grounds give life to the seed that was dropped. That is why although I know I wil be rejected by some, I have hope that some day they will wake up, so I keep doing what I do.

Some used to get mad at me because I refused to get into negativity about AA. I just report good things when they say negative things. I always link the good things and it shuts their mouth usually

Yes, I see your point here. When they say bad things about AA if they are right, I don't deny it but I will remind them that not all AA's are like that and then I try to get them to see how some of them became that way. At the same time though, I also parallel some of the things that are not that nice which takes place in Africa are the same as what AA's do, so the bottom line is we are all black and we have all been affected by whitey which has contributed to some of our negative behavior. The thing is, no one black group of people is better than the other black group, and we are wasting our time pointing fingers, we are acting like children going back and fourth saying who is better and who is not when we all are doing so bad that even If AA's did want to go back to Africa, we would not be doing any better there than we are doing here so what is the use in promoting black unification? Especially when you have Africans who are fleeing Africa as well.

I love these Black people just like I love Black American People.

I love a all black people Drusilla. cheesy

Drusilla, on more thing, what exactly is this supposed to mean?

Do yourself a favor, don't waste my time. I am not Sista.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Just kidding, you don't have to answer that.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mamaput(f): 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2006
Ja ja the whole of Africa was swimming in Gold and were just one big happy family.
You read about the one or two great kindoms and assume the whole of Africa was like that.
It was Rum and not Gin by the way cheap rum.
It was all the same every were.
And there was more than one slave coast.
Fact is that it was greedy Black people that were kidnapping people sometimes even their own people if the did not get enough war captives.
The white man waited at the coast. very few entered.
By the way what are you people doing expect talking.
So i am talking about africa but i do not know my history.
You are talking on what is to be done , you that know everything are doing nothing but talking and wasting time. In the meantime a lot of White people are out there doing something ANd do not have time for forum.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2006
@Drusilla

I have one more thing mention.

I am not here to sugar coat anything, I am here to tell the truth. Some people in Nairaland like it when I tell the truth and some people in Nairaland don't like it when I tell the truth. This is house Negro mentality. The house Negro is the one who does not want any trouble that will take him out of the house into the fields. He is the one who identify's with his master more than his master identify's with him, the house Negro. The house Negro will hear the field Negroes planning an escape and he will tell them that they are trouble makers and they are going to cause trouble for everyone else, he really means his self though. In other words, make him have to work even harder than he already works. I feel sorry for the house Negro that he did not believe in his self or his fellow brothers and sisters.

I have been labeled as a trouble maker, someone who goes from thread to thread starting verbal fights. I don't do that, however, what I do is, I do challenge people to look at their self.  I say, It is not like I am in your face, if you want to ignore me, you really can, so, why do you respond to me, if I say, or ask something you don't like?

To me the very fact that people direct comments towards me, or to me when they do not agree with me, and I am not in their face, say's something. I will leave what it say's up to those people and their experience of me.

My opinion is, the ones who don't like the truth, live in a particular comfort zone. They don't want me trying to mess with their cozy comfort zone. When, if they were that secure with their comfort, they would not respond that clearly shows they have been affected. If they are affected, they must not be that comfortable.

Example, I have seen many people in Nairaland that wear two faces, when I see this, I call them on it. It is better for them to hear it from me than for them not to hear it from so called friends or people who are afraid to tell them. Or, it is better for them to hear from me before someone tells them to their face and really embarrasses them.

925, I wasn't going to bring this up but sense you see it as okay to bring up something old, you have open the doors for me to bring up something much more interesting. I think your real problem with my approach is, I rattle the feathers of peoples so called comfort zone. For a while, you have been in Nairaland longer than I but that does not matter. I think you have gotten comfortable with people not responding to you intelligently or people letting you have your way because of your strong headness. Me, I am not here to help you keep up your comfortable program, I am here to be me and being me means being honest with my people. If you are doing something I see as contradicting or hypocritical, I am going to call you on it. If you respond, that is good and if you don't respond, that is okay because I still gave you something to think about.

I didn't like it when 925 created a thread which pretty much insulted Nigerian women, black women. He was asking them were they "stupid?" or were the just blind? something to that affect, not verbatim. Any way, he said that these women sit up here and try their best to be white and then they wonder why a black man just goes for the real deal, a white woman. Why settle for the fake white woman when you can get the real one? Is what he basically said in this topic. I was shocked! My impression was, how dare he, who does he thinks he is? He has a lot of damn nerve telling black women this shyt, especially with the position he is in. If he does not want to be questioned, he should not even touch that subject. How is he helping black women to love their blackness and be their self? To me for him to say what he said in such a condescending tone, that is a let down. The Irony of the whole thing is, we all know that 925 has a white wife, which really puts him in the situation to be questioned about his choices if he is going to sit up there and say what he was saying to those black women. What was he trying to justify? That was my feeling.

So, me being me of course, I asked him a question. I knew his response would be a vague one. He said something about being with the people you love. I asked him "925 was that your reason for getting you a white woman?" I said some other stuff but my main point was that question. Needless to say, he did not respond to my question. I think he did not like the fact that a woman had the nerve to put him on the spot. This goes to show you all, that if you begin to bump your gums with a tone that suggest that you have not analyzed your self, yet you analyze others, that will be one you. If I see something wrong, I am going to call you on it. I believe that is the problem 925 has with me.

I'm not trying to start something but we black people need to keep it real with each other, I am not here to help justify what we do to each other. If we would be honest with each other, CA's would not be lying to AA men and women to assist them in their citizenship, giving CA's a bad label. Also, AA's would not be feeling sorry for their self that they got duped, when all the signs were there. We are all to blame. I am not here to ease peoples consciousness. There are a lot of questions we all need to ask our self and we need to let our negative ego's go. That negative ego being, it is all about me and I will do what it takes to show that I am right. If your motive is to be true, you will admit your faults, not keep lying or convincing your self.  

PS, I know I'm not going to get any slack for this but I am ready. If i don't get any slack, that will be good cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mamaput(f): 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2006
All the talk here is about slaves .
As if that was the only problem .
When one heres you talk one could think you too were slaves.
Sista the field slave and Drusilla the house slave just because she is mixed,
Or would i have been the house slave?
No i was not kidnapped.
Any way house slaves also did not have it easy.
They were raped by massa and massa JR.
And they had to work end less hours,
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2006
@Mamaput

Any way house slaves also did not have it easy.
They were raped by massa and massa JR.
And they had to work end less hours,

You are definitely right about this, there is no denying that.

We were all doing bad but to some of us, thought we were doing better than others and some of us thought that the ones in the house was doing better than the ones in the field, when the fact is, all of us on the plantation were slaves, just like all of us are black. The ones who thought they were comfortable didn't want their situation to worsen. I am not mad at the house negroe, his/hers reactions was based on what he knew and what he knew was all he knew, you know what I am saying?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2006
Sista:

@Drusilla

I have one more thing mention.

I am not here to sugar coat anything, I am here to tell the truth. Some people in Nairaland like it when I tell the truth and some people in Nairaland don't like it when I tell the truth. This is house Negro mentality. The house Negro is the one who does not want any trouble that will take him out of the house into the fields. He is the one who identify's with his master more than his master identify's with him, the house Negro. The house Negro will hear the field Negroes planning an escape and he will tell them that they are trouble makers and they are going to cause trouble for everyone else, he really means his self though. In other words, make him have to work even harder than he already works. I feel sorry for the house Negro that he did not believe in his self or his fellow brothers and sisters.

I have been labeled as a trouble maker, someone who goes from thread to thread starting verbal fights. I don't do that, however, what I do is, I do challenge people to look at their self.  I say, It is not like I am in your face, if you want to ignore me, you really can, so, why do you respond to me, if I say, or ask something you don't like?

To me the very fact that people direct comments towards me, or to me when they do not agree with me, and I am not in their face, say's something. I will leave what it say's up to those people and their experience of me.

My opinion is, the ones who don't like the truth, live in a particular comfort zone. They don't want me trying to mess with their cozy comfort zone. When, if they were that secure with their comfort, they would not respond that clearly shows they have been affected. If they are affected, they must not be that comfortable.

Example, I have seen many people in Nairaland that wear two faces, when I see this, I call them on it. It is better for them to hear it from me than for them not to hear it from so called friends or people who are afraid to tell them. Or, it is better for them to hear from me before someone tells them to their face and really embarrasses them.

925, I wasn't going to bring this up but sense you see it as okay to bring up something old, you have open the doors for me to bring up something much more interesting. I think your real problem with my approach is, I rattle the feathers of peoples so called comfort zone. For a while, you have been in Nairaland longer than I but that does not matter. I think you have gotten comfortable with people not responding to you intelligently or people letting you have your way because of your strong headness. Me, I am not here to help you keep up your comfortable program, I am here to be me and being me means being honest with my people. If you are doing something I see as contradicting or hypocritical, I am going to call you on it. If you respond, that is good and if you don't respond, that is okay because I still gave you something to think about.

I didn't like it when 925 created a thread which pretty much insulted Nigerian women, black women. He was asking them were they "stupid?" or were the just blind? something to that affect, not verbatim. Any way, he said that these women sit up here and try their best to be white and then they wonder why a black man just goes for the real deal, a white woman. Why settle for the fake white woman when you can get the real one? Is what he basically said in this topic. I was shocked! My impression was, how dare he, who does he thinks he is? He has a lot of damn nerve telling black women this shyt, especially with the position he is in. If he does not want to be questioned, he should not even touch that subject. How is he helping black women to love their blackness and be their self? To me for him to say what he said in such a condescending tone, that is a let down. The Irony of the whole thing is, we all know that 925 has a white wife, which really puts him in the situation to be questioned about his choices if he is going to sit up there and say what he was saying to those black women. What was he trying to justify? That was my feeling.

So, me being me of course, I asked him a question. I knew his response would be a vague one. He said something about being with the people you love. I asked him "925 was that your reason for getting you a white woman?" I said some other stuff but my main point was that question. Needless to say, he did not respond to my question. I think he did not like the fact that a woman had the nerve to put him on the spot. This goes to show you all, that if you begin to bump your gums with a tone that suggest that you have not analyzed your self, yet you analyze others, that will be one you. If I see something wrong, I am going to call you on it. I believe that is the problem 925 has with me.

I'm not trying to start something but we black people need to keep it real with each other, I am not here to help justify what we do to each other. If we would be honest with each other, CA's would not be lying to AA men and women to assist them in their citizenship, giving CA's a bad label. Also, AA's would not be feeling sorry for their self that they got duped, when all the signs were there. We are all to blame. I am not here to ease peoples consciousness. There are a lot of questions we all need to ask our self and we need to let our negative ego's go. That negative ego being, it is all about me and I will do what it takes to show that I am right. If your motive is to be true, you will admit your faults, not keep lying or convincing your self. 

PS, I know I'm not going to get any slack for this but I am ready. If i don't get any slack, that will be good cheesy

My creating that thread is got nothing to do with my family settings, you are now talking because things are relatively okay in nairaland now, when I started posting in nairaland things were totally different, and when I met my wife, Black women were not into the wanabe stuff, so this is not a mattar of choice like you said, and if you think I 've done something wrong?, you are going to have to think again, how about you talking about this till the end of time. If my family settings means I 've committed a crime to you, I can't help you here, learn to live with it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 16, 2006
@ Drusilla,you know I respect you.
Donzman asked you in another thread to go to Nigeria and spend sometime there at least 2 years before making the generalizations you do.

Your impressions that Africans and Nigerians here were sponsored by their villages is so wrong where did you get such an impression?
In my father and grandfathers time maybe but not today.

I doubt if there is anyone on this forum with a village sponsorship.
I also find your liberal use of the N word to describe blacks as very offensive,you can put your words across without the 'fancy' labels
I really will encourage you if you ever get the opportunity or if you can to spend a considerable time in Nigeria,there is a big difference between reality and what you read in Novels.

@ 9to 5,you need not apologise to anyone for having a white wife,I've seen several people question you on that and I don't think it's right,marriage is hard in itself and if you found love in a white woman,there is nothing wrong with it.
Drusilla with a white mom,you have such pride in your African heritage,9to five i'm sure will do just right.

proud Nigerian woman with no apologies

not talking to sista
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:24am On Oct 17, 2006
To babyosisi,

babyosisi:

@ 9to 5,you need not apologise to anyone for having a white wife,I've seen several people question you on that and I don't think it's right,marriage is hard in itself and if you found love in a white woman,there is nothing wrong with it.
Drusilla with a white mom,you have such pride in your African heritage,9to five i'm sure will do just right.

proud Nigerian woman with no apologies

not talking to sista

Nne see me see trouble o, the whole thing makes me laugh, shows some people don't know what marriage is all about, to an Igbo person marriage is about love and is for life, remember your analysis babyosisi, my wife means plus one Igbo women, she just made me some[b] ''ONUBU SOUP''[/b] today.

Ekene diligi Nwa nnem Nwanyi.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Uju4eva(f): 12:41am On Oct 17, 2006
Sista,
I am patiently waiting grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mochafella(m): 1:13am On Oct 17, 2006
Uju4eva:

I am patiently waiting grin

What r u waiting for? angry
Haven't you caused enough trouble with your thread? angry
Mind yaself before I report you to "papa Uju". grin

I think the answers on the "romance" board will have been more light-hearted though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Two Nairalanders Sojourn Into Marriage In Pictures / Name One Bad Habit Your Partner Has? / Ladies What Do Guys Really Do That Annoys You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.