Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,809 members, 7,872,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch (48997 Views)

APC Senators' Truce Talks Upset Saraki’s Alliance With PDP. / Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" / Check Out This Fight Between Biafrans,bbc & Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by thoniann(m): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I said the truth, they called me SaTanoids, today the the lid has been opened because the truth can never be cover up
Which truth? that u remained clueless for 6 years?
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Omotayor123(f): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2015
She never start to chop Nigeria money na.... Even if it's 20million naira watch, The money must have come from elsewhere....
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Omotayor123(f): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2015
She never start to chop Nigeria money na.... Even if it's 20million naira watch, The money must have come from elsewhere....

I think the woman is personally Rich #
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Reference(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2015
kingslly:
Obama or his wife cant wear a 10million naira watch not because they cant afford it but because its waste of money and portrays them as extravagant. We only claim we want an end to corruption by words and not action. Just look at some Nigerians defending the first lady and making some silly excuses like "its a gift", gift from who and for what?

Hmmm. Well corruption in Nigeria is what the other man is doing or has done.
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by modebabe(f): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
These people should go learn how to play the opposition and stop all these childish nonsense.

So, did buhari's wife buy the watch after her husband became president?

Assuming the watch is really N10m as claimed, can't someone who has worked all her life and indeed consulted for an oil company afford a good watch?

Modesty is a personal issue. Buhari has never said his wife was modest or a modest dresser. Whatever she wears, fits her Though.

Its too early to be childishly critical of buhari and his wife.

Jonathan had overwhelming goodwill until two years after he became president and he decided to remove fuel subsidy after nigerians traveled for Christmas and new year and couldn't return.

While being critical, let's remember that to make Nigeria greater is the main objective, not to pull anyone down like some people are doing.
d truth is she can actually aford dat watch.....d woman in question is from a rich family...she's a sister to nuhu ribadu,and their father was very rich b4 he died....so dey inherited a lot of money from their dad.... dat was why no one cud bribe ribadu wen he was EFCC chairman. She bought her watch b4 resuming as first lady.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Lilimax(f): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2015
The whole thing is getting me irritated sad BBC. should steer clear of our internal gossips embarassed
Can we please give Buhari and his team some space to perform.
If they do well, it will be for the good of all of us and in the best interest of our nation.
This pull- down mentality of this present administration should stop my dear Nairalanders.
Although it all started during GEJ administration from the opposition then, but we cannot continue like this.

Buhari is our president and God knows about him. The onus rest on us to pray for him and his cabinet for God's divine wisdom
as they steer the affairs of this nation.

Nigeria must survive.!

2 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 04, 2015
Aso rock! aso rock!! aso rock !!!. one chances two chance

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Abbies: 8:44am On Jun 04, 2015
Don't be fooled! The west don't want our progress and they have started making a mockery of our new president and his wife!

Are you telling me that she already spent out money to buy watch or I don't understand the big deal. This is where you will find BBC- biased and picking up stupid stories like this but when good things happen in Nigeria they will be mute.
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by strongerthaneva(m): 8:48am On Jun 04, 2015
dazzlinglyme:
baseless point like yours is now trending undecidedbaseless point like yours is now trending
just like mumuism points like ur trending above the continents..
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 04, 2015
chuna1985:

wen another politician wear dem own, it becomes product of stolen money, but wen its buharis family, it becomes a gift.

And now they are telling us that the 20 million
naira rented asokoro house is a gift from
danjuma...

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Youngzedd(m): 8:50am On Jun 04, 2015
Common sense is not common.

Poverty your father!
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by santicruz: 8:50am On Jun 04, 2015
Na chinco
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by sukkot: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2015
babeface3:
That could pay my PhD tuition in the US instead of lying idle on that wrist. embarassed embarassed
and then when you get your phd you come back to nigeria looking for work like everybody else ? i think the watch is better idling on her wrist than being wasted on a useless frivolous phd program whose only value is the dr that you so badly want on your name so as to oppress fellow humans

4 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by sukkot: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

what if she is wearing the fake one of $100 or a gift from one northern billionaire.? GEJ distributed gold iphone to guest in his daughter's wedding yet nobody complain.

GOD PLS. GIVE THEM BIAFRA AND LET NIGERIA MOVE FORWARD. IGBOS R THE REAL ENEMIES WITHIN NIGERIA. I WANT BIAFRA TO SUCCEED SO THAT WE CAN HAVE PEACE.
would be sweet after giving them biafra and biafra is established, the world decides to switch from oil to solar and wind technology for power lmao. now they will eat oil because i hear the east does not have agricultural farmlands but eroded land grin
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by mekanaky: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2015
one nigeria
one chance
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by kingslly(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2015
I dont think its necessary for her to flaunt a watch of 10million naira whether its a gift or she got it with her money. A gift of 10million naira is not just a gift but an investment,we cant end corruption if we keep accepting such extravagant gifts.
Reference:

Hmmm. Well corruption in Nigeria is what the other man is doing or has done.

2 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by goldmine(f): 8:58am On Jun 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Aisha Buhari has every right to own such exquisite piece as a private citizen but we are concerned because the husband is our president and he used this * I'm a poor talakawa just like you* while he was the richest man in Babylon.

The only thing that can put all these to rest is a public declaration of assets as he pledged

Have you considered the fact that it could have been a gift to her? Or the replica which is a far cheaper version. Her husband hadn't even started his reign when she acquired it, so it's definitely not Nigerians' money. She had a source of income before she became the first lady,so let's give her the benefit of doubt.
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 04, 2015
sukkot:
would be sweet after giving them biafra and biafra is established, the world decides to switch from oil to solar and wind technology for power lmao. now they will eat oil because i hear the east does not have agricultural farmlands but eroded land grin

Point of correction.......Biafra dont have crude oil. Oil belongs to Niger Delta and i am from Delta State.
Biafra has palm oil(red oil)

2 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 04, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
These people should go learn how to play the opposition and stop all these childish nonsense.

Assuming the watch is really N10m as claimed, can't someone who has worked all her life and indeed consulted for an oil company afford a good watch?

Modesty is a personal issue. Buhari has never said his wife was modest or a modest dresser. Whatever she wears, fits her Though.

Jonathan had overwhelming goodwill until two years after he became president and he decided to remove fuel subsidy after nigerians traveled for Christmas and new year and couldn't return.

While being critical, let's remember that to make Nigeria greater is the main objective, not to pull anyone down like some people are doing.

She saved all her money to buy 10 million naira watch.

She donated 135 million naira to internally displaced people.

And her husband is worth 120 cows and 1 million naira.

And Sai baba one chance borrowed 27 million naira from a bank to buy presidential form.

THE WORSE THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO A HUMAN BEING IS WEN THEY SIT DOWN N DECEIVE THEMSELVES.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
Welcome Back....were you banned b4?

Maybe he said Islamabad.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by sukkot: 9:03am On Jun 04, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

Point of correction.......Biafra dont have crude oil. Oil belongs to Niger Delta and i am from Delta State.
Biafra has palm oil(red oil)
oil does not belong to you. you dont own the land. before you and your family were born the land existed and after you and your whole family die the land will still be existing. so all this ' the oil belongs to you ' is just demonic greedy talk. all the resources in the world is for all humans to enjoy. you own nothing. you dont even own your own soul. you dont even your own own body. your body returns to the ground where it belongs after you die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 04, 2015
blackpanda:

Cant u see how bitterness is clouding ur future. Instead u to work hard and make ur own money, u are beefing a hardworking prestigious mba holder who has worked hard for her money.

Make bad belle no kill u!

Northern Nigeria should make their own money, Not stealing money from Niger delta oil to buy 10 million naira watch...

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by goldmine(f): 9:04am On Jun 04, 2015
kingslly:
I dont think its necessary for her to flaunt a watch of 10million naira whether its a gift or she got it with her money. A gift of 10million naira is not just a gift but an investment,we cant end corruption if we keep accepting such extravagant gifts.

So the watch shouldn't be worn by her because she doesn't want to give the impression that she's flaunting it? It's a WRIST watch for crying out loud. Her husband wasn't in power when she acquired it, so what's this talk about corruption all about? Would you have turned it down if you were in her shoes and had been given as a gift?
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by neocortex: 9:05am On Jun 04, 2015
Chiefpriest1:

Foolish comment as usual, now tell us when Buhari said his wife is a greedy extravagant ?
Buhari sold his family to Nigerians as being modest , with 150 cows in assets, now he is under public scrutiny and you reason like a thoughtless tout.

2 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2015
StOla:
Even if it is a gift, Buhari has a cult following for reasons that are in total contrast to this.

Buhari has to keep his wife inside her beauty spa, and keep his kids in their schools or husband's house.

Buhari has proved impenetrable, his family now stands as his weak point, the enemy will not stop to rest. They will keep giving him hell, hopefully he will remain focused.

It's the young Obama administration versus the Tea Party all over again.

True this
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by goldmine(f): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2015
chuna1985:

She saved all her money to buy 10 million naira watch.

She donated 135 million naira to internally displaced people.

And her husband is worth 120 cows and 1 million naira.

And Sai baba one chance borrowed 27 million naira from a bank to buy presidential form.

THE WORSE THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO A HUMAN BEING IS WEN THEY SIT DOWN N DECEIVE THEMSELVES.

What proof is there that the 135million naira was her personal money? It is very possible that she championed the cause and got donations from various organizations and individuals.
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by klevjey: 9:12am On Jun 04, 2015
strongerthaneva:
#cluessless is now trending..

#brainless is now trending

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2015
goldmine:

What proof is there that the 135million naira was her personal money? It is very possible that she championed the cause and got donations from various organizations and individuals.

She championed a course and forgot to tell us other people brought money..

And ur d one who is telling us..

Why are u defending buhari n her families wealth

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Morizo(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2015
I like this...interesting season ahead
Opposition politics is very sweet because you attack like barcelona with barcanista as our 9 while they defend like QPR with Omenka and beremx as their 5 and 6.[/quote]
Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by Adexchelsea19(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
This is getting interesting.

Opposition politics is very sweet because you attack like barcelona with barcanista as our 9 while they defend like QPR with Omenka and beremx as their 5 and 6.
very sweet my dear,d pressure is not on us to perform,we go just dey luk and attack wen dey mak mistake....lolz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by toonzay(m): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2015
kodded:
buhari was evicted in 2012 for N20 million rent.......he claim he has only N1 million in his bank account, and borrowed money to build all his houses....he even borrowed N27 million from the bank to pay for his nomination form yet his wife donated N170 million worth of drugs and is using N10 million worth of wristwatch.....cannt you read meaning betwEen the two...............

.....Oh I forgot you are among the gullible ones who believe anything from apc camp .SMH.

.....pathetic undecided
hey dunce... this isn't all about APC.... this is common sense...u just need to apply it. you shouldn't be surprised if a high profiled citizen like that possesses jewelries worth that amount..... irrespective of whichever lie they've told. after all they are politicians.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigerians Upset Over First Lady's Flashy Watch by kingslly(m): 9:19am On Jun 04, 2015
Yeah its just a wrist watch that costs 10million naira thats why its a problem. Her Hubby wasnt in Power when she acquired it but we didnt see her wear the watch in any of their campaign outings. I cant be in her shoes because i cant be the first lady,am not a woman but as Presido who claims to have a strong Stance against corruption i'll advise my First lady not to accept such extravagant gift unless its coming from a fellow presido or someone who doesnt have any business or doesnt intend to run any business in Nigeria. Corruption starts from gifts then it upgrades to bribes.
goldmine:

So the watch shouldn't be worn by her because she doesn't want to give the impression that she's flaunting it? It's a WRIST watch for crying out loud. Her husband wasn't in power when she acquired it, so what's this talk about corruption all about? Would you have turned it down if you were in her shoes and had been given as a gift?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's WASC Results Has Three Credits Only - Sahara Reporters / Nigeria At 60 Logo Was Not Plagiarised - Designers / Abductor Of Kankara Schoolboys, Auwal Daudawa Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.