Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,413 members, 7,891,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:33 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549136 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2010
@Djunit1 hows d interview setting, wen u came in did u just sit down, gv me skills and questions u were asked that will help me knw wat 2 xpect on that day.Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2010
this james 2020 sef na wah
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2010
Please this is a list of the major documents I have.

UBA receipts
Appointment Letter
DS-160 Confirmation slip
Sevis receipt
I-20
Admission Letter
International Passport
2 passports
GRE and TOEFL score sheets (TOEFL score sheet is online print out)
ECE transcript evaluation
Present Employer's Identification letter
Proof of previous employment showing duration of service
Personal Bank statements of a/c (Fixed deposit certificate + Current a/c). I am co-sponsoring.
Honors Certificates and Professional Certifications
Resume
Sponsor's documents (Sponsor's Letter/Affidavit of Support + Fixed deposit Certificate {Reserved for my studies} + Registration of Business + Bank's letter).

I wish I won't have to open my file to bring out any documents. Please let me know if I am not in line with anything.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ benom,
pls when next will you be online we still have unfinished business and i will love to still ask you some things today.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2010
@Masepat, i think u are ok. Pls be very confident and speak very clearly and loudly. Forget about any stereotype questions just open ur mind and don't just speak sporadically. Discuss with the VO. Practice a bit before the day so that u can gain confidence, Expecting u bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by buukola: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ house
Pls which one is EVAF FORM? re we feeling that too?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cui: 3:59am On Nov 21, 2010
quick question do i need the 1 20 to make visa appointment?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 4:37am On Nov 21, 2010
@buukola, EVAF is Electronic Visa Application Form, Its thesame as ur DS160. After filling ur appointment details on vfs website, u then go to https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ to fill ur ds160. Mind u, no corrections once u submit. you can just keep saving it so that you can go thru it very carefully before u submit it.

@Cui, U can book ur appointment without ur I20. That is if u are very very sure that u will recieve this document before the date u booked.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 4:40am On Nov 21, 2010
@Dasleeky, u dey hot like fire, Thanks man.
@nethacker, u too much oooooo. I don get reply from ur guy and his peeps.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tochuksj(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2010
@nethacker
i really want us to talk personally. My YIM id is goldphils . Hope you add me and will talk well. Same to @djunit. Abeg no f**k me up Bosss.

@House
We are getting that VISA by da grace og God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by buukola: 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ benon
I thought as much but I have filled my DS-160 form and i printed it out already then i requested that a copy should be sent to my mail & i tried to download it yesterday and i saw a section that says "fill ur EVAF form" so i'm kinda confused. So, i shouldn't bother with it anymore?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2010
buukola:

@ benon
I thought as much but I have filled my DS-160 form and i printed it out already then i requested that a copy should be sent to my mail & i tried to download it yesterday and i saw a section that says "fill your EVAF form" so i'm kinda confused. So, i shouldn't bother with it anymore?

You dont need to fill another one once you have printed the page that has the bar code.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nskagent0: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
TRAVELING PROMO/GET NSK PASSPORT 10 DAYS & TRAVEL 30 COUNTRIES VISA FREE TO EUROPE QUOTE REF: 178CA

You Can Get Your NSK Passport in 1O Working Days. Ref: 178CA
And Travel over 30 countries in Europe visa free.

Are you interested to become NSK passport holder citizen?

Anybody can become an NSK Passport holder and acquire the status of an NSK citizen (Slovenia)

For application form & how to apply call or send SMS to NSK PASSPORT AGENT on 00385913229120 for quick response Emails: nskpassportagent@yahoo.com

We are NSK Passport agent to get you NSK Passport

Call us on 00385913229120, for quick response

Emails us on nskpassportagent@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2010
@nskagent0

Thief ur NSK PASSPORT is fake!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Peedeepee: 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2010
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/pr_12032009.html can we have insightful opinions from members of the house on this information?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Peedeepee: 6:29pm On Nov 21, 2010
STUDENT VISAS

Attention Student Visa Applicants in Nigeria

The Department of State and the U.S. Mission to Nigeria remain committed to facilitating the travel of students to study at American academic institutions. To ensure that every qualified student visa applicant is able to begin or return to his/her program of study on time, the Mission has taken a number of steps to expedite and improve the student visa application process:
Expedited visa appointments
Reserved visa appointment slots for students
Dedicated e-mail boxes for student visa questions
Expedited Student Visa Appointments

Can members of the house give insightful opinions on this information below:

To get a student (“F” visa) or exchange visitor (“J” visa) visa appointment:
Pay the visa application fee at a designated branch of UBA plc, and go on-line to https://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com/Index.aspx to schedule an appointment and pay the VFS visa appointment fee. Make an appointment for the earliest available date.
If your scheduled appointment is later than your planned arrival, please e-mail the Embassy (AbujaStudentVisas@state.gov) or Consulate General (LagosStudentVisas@state.gov) to request an expedited visa appointment. We cannot expedite your appointment if you have not already made an appointment and paid the VFS appointment fee.
Please include the following in your e-mail:
Your name and contact information;
Your institution;
Your SEVIS Number; and
The date you are scheduled to report to your program.
The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you as soon as possible with your appointment date. Please allow a few days for a reply.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by buukola: 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2010
@laryic & benon
Thanks a bunch.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2010
@house I need help cuz I dot know what to do, I applied to NAU and I was asked for only waec since i'm going for undergrad and the result should be sent from waec office direct, so i went to waec office on the 8th last month and it toke them 2 weeks to process it and it was mailed through NIPOST on the 25th of last month but till now NAU hasn't received the result yet, pls what can I do cuz I'm really confused right now and how long does it take from Lagos to Arizona.

Pls I wil be waiting to hear from you guys with steps to take
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 12:03am On Nov 22, 2010
@house-please i need help,i got 1250 SAT(cr + mth) only and gpa of 3.88,i got tuition and room at voorhees.I need a full ride please suggest schools that can offer me a full ride(tuition,room and board).Tanx in advance.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by princeken(m): 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2010
The house is so quiet today, whats happening people ? Does any1 have any interesting stories to tell ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tochuksj(m): 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2010
please, let the House be alive again. lets not allow someone just intrude into our normal discussions and say something like lottery and adverts. Lets be alive.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 5:41am On Nov 23, 2010
Hello, watsup guyz. I scored 1270 in SAT, how good is it for V.O?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2010
sha_money:

@house-please i need help,i got 1250 SAT(cr + mth) only and gpa of 3.88,i got tuition and room at voorhees.I need a full ride please suggest schools that can offer me a full ride(tuition,room and board).Tanx in advance.

Try Howard University and Minnesota State University, Moorhead.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 8:53am On Nov 23, 2010
Wish I could get an answer to my last post plzzz
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2010
Plz guyz i want 2 knw wat 2 tel V.O if he ask me wat i hv bin doing since 2005 i graduated frm sec. Schl, is it ok 2 tel him i got admited in 2007 and withdrew bc of d south east univ strike(thats d truth) or wat shud i say. Help me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:04am On Nov 23, 2010
james2020:

Plz guyz i want 2 knw wat 2 tel V.O if he ask me wat i hv bin doing since 2005 i graduated frm sec. Schl, is it ok 2 tel him i got admited in 2007 and withdrew bc of d south east univ strike(thats d truth) or wat shud i say. Help me

Bros, pls download the whole 162  pages to ur PC and read them @ your own convenience, It will answer all your questions!
We dont like dribbling the ball backwards on this thread! We need to load our opponents with goals **smiles**
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2010
@superbrain
tanx alot.I tink dis is helpful.
I trust d house,tanx all,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2010
Stroll in  READ SOME COMMENT , 

@ DARSLEEKY,  You be Maradonna ,  grin grin grin grin grin grin December is on the way,  sniff sniff I can perceive VISA, someone has just being issued one, oya come and tell us your experience

Stroll out
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tony007: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2010
Pls i have a question on US school application: How do you handle the issue of reference when the school is asking for only the email of the referees.

Meanwhile, decision on your admission cannot be made until they get response from the person. The are insisting that the email must come with a domain name. And u know most of our lecturers in Nigeria are use writing as letter and usually dont check their mails. Pls advice?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
[RUNNING INSIDE TO JUBILATE

@HOUSE,  i told you i smell visa today, layric just called me to inform me he got his visa, CONGRATULATION   LAYRIC
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2010
YES OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO house layric don hammer am visa don digger in swagger LAYRIC i dey feel u yankee boy.

once again layric congrat

other spring applicant we too go hammer by d grace of God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2010
@solo4deji
did u guys get scholarships,which skul pls,

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.