Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,385 members, 7,891,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549131 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 12:36am On Nov 16, 2010
@ benom,
Congrat bro just got here since morning and am happy for you .more good news to come on this thread , can someone say Amen.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 8:57am On Nov 16, 2010
aroy1 and benom are up

we will join you guys soon

Let's go get them tigers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by harrymann(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2010
@james2020, always read past post. what u are asking has been answered before
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tochuksj(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2010
@Aroy and Benom
i can see ur planes landing lol, Ours seem to be warming up around the hanger. Congrats, we hope to join u in skul soon. Just to hop over the consular offices to YANKY, Lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lekkynel: 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]PLS GUYZ, HOW MUCH DOES TOEFL COST
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lekkynel: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2010
pls guys how much does toefl cost
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lekkynel: 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2010
pls guys how much does toefl cost,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2010
TOEFL costs 37500. There is actually a thread for that. You will find more help there
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2010
Bt na so e suppose dey be now!
  A-Aroy    , dem no reach now
    B- Benom       , Give me my F-1 joor!
      C       
                   - cuddlemii      ____________
                   - chux4lix        ____________
               .   - callygood      ____________
               L- Layric    ____________
not forgettting Tochuks, seerdord etc

make una do make i fill up the blank spaces oh, LOL
God's there 4 all,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2010
@DASLEEKY

where is your name on the list?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
callygood:

@DASLEEKY

sleeky name dey page 100 of this thread I think grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2010
callygood:

@DASLEEKY

Instead make u beg to add your name, u dey ask WAEC question, LOL,
Anyway, I don add am but most importantly, God don sign am!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 1:14am On Nov 17, 2010
DASLEEKY:

Bt na so e suppose dey be now!
  A-Aroy    , dem no reach now
    B- Benom       , Give me my F-1 joor!
      C       
                   - cuddlemii      ____________
                   - chux4lix        ____________
               .   - callygood      ____________
               L- Layric    ____________
not forgettting Tochuks, seerdord etc

make una do make i fill up the blank spaces oh, LOL
God's there 4 all,

and not forgetting
W
___________________ Wilfem
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 4:41am On Nov 17, 2010
This thread is the real thing. Thanks to everyone that have contributed to making this thread a success.
For all spring aspirants, good luck and DONT FORGET TO SPEAK VERY LOUD ON THAT DAY CAUSE IT HIDES YOUR NERVOUSNESS.

God bless y'all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 7:49am On Nov 17, 2010
@ house ,i posted this question earlier on but i did not get any reply ,just need some other idea and short one.
Need your suggestion on some questions.
Am going in as a transfer student to study business administration and management(undergraduate) pls i need your suggestion to these question so i can compare it with what i have in mind .
1)How long is your program?(although it was stated on my I20 that 2011-2015 and they wrote 57 month,while transfer student will only take 2 years to complete the program.so what can i say?)
2)why are you going for second Bsc?
3)why did you choose the course?
4)how can the course benefityou and your country and do you plan to come back to Nigeria?
I have some answer but just need the house to give me more idea that's is short and straight to what i have
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2010
@ layric, first answer the questions, then we can give suggestions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2010
@house
Please i need your help.
Is there any university that still accepts undergraduate applicants for spring session?
Answers would be appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2010
@ Superbrain and house,
here are the little answers i have for the question check them out.

1).1)How long is your program?(although it was stated on my I20 that 2011-2015 and they wrote 57 month,while transfer student will only take 2 years to complete the program.so what can i say?)
ans, 57 month(as its stated on my I20)
ans, due to the requirement for the master degree program my G.P is low and i was advise by the graduate assistance in my school to go for international transfer exchange program so that i can work on my G.P to meet up with the requirement for the master degree program.
ans, it align with my career aspiration of been an administrator and business management,i have great interest in nigeria economy which is currently under recession i believe study this course in usa will give me more knowledge and skills to contribute to nigeria economy .
4)how can the course benefit you and your country and do you plan to come back to Nigeria?
ans, yes i will come back to my country after my program as i said earlier that i have great interest in contributing to nigeria economy and i will make use of the education,skills and knowledge i have gathered in my studies to develop my country and let other people benefit from what i have acquire.

guru in the house pls check and give your own sugestion.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2010
@ layric

See my reponses in red.

1)How long  is your program?(although it was stated on my I20 that 2011-2015 and they wrote 57 month,while transfer student will only take 2 years to complete the program.so what can i say?)
ans, 57 month as stated on my I-20

Is it stated on your I-20 that you are a transfer student? If not, do you have an email from the school or any other document from the school that states how many courses were waived for you and how long it will take for you to complete the program? The I-20 is what the consular will first look at, so if the actual duration of your program is not stated there, it had better be stated on your admission letter or in an email correspondence, else it would be assumed your program is for 57 months as stated on your I-20.

2) why are you  going  for second Bsc?
ans, due to the requirement for  the master degree program my G.P  is low and i was advise by the graduate assistance in  my school to go for international transfer exchange program so that i can work on my G.P to meet up with the requirement for the master degree program.

Your answer is suicidal. Low G.P.A. in previous undergraduate studies is often attributed to laziness or unseriousness on the part of the applicant. A better defence would be to say that you want to be more grounded in your chosen field, and that studying in the US would afford you the opportunity to do so. Trust me, they know we have one of the most f****d up educational systems in the world. You can also identify a particular aspect of your course that you're interested in, and express you desire to learn that aspect in a more pragmatic approach. An example can be on how to develop business models.

3) why did you choose the course?
ans, it align with my career aspiration of been an administrator and business management,i have great interest in nigeria economy which is currently under recession i believe study this course  in usa will give me more knowledge and skills to contribute to nigeria economy .

Your response is too vague. How do you hope to contribute to the Nigerian economy? You should be more specific. Your best bet is to identify a problem in the economy(especially as relates to business management/administration) and say how you hope to address such a problem with your degree in XXXX.

4) How can the course benefit you and your country and  do you plan to come back to Nigeria?
ans, yes i will come back to my country after my program as i said earlier that  i have great interest  in contributing to nigeria economy and i will make use of the education,skills and knowledge i have gathered in my studies to develop my country and let other people benefit from what i have acquire.

If you can answer Question 3 in the manner I suggested, then you can answer this question. You can say that you envisage deploying the acquired managerial skill-sets to sustainably addressing Bleep problem currently being experience in YYY sector of the economy. If you appear as a problem solver, you stand a better chance.

So, work on the above and let's see what you come up with. Success bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2010
drid:

@house
Please i need your help.
Is there any university that still accepts undergraduate applicants for spring session?
Answers would be appreciated.

The deadlines for most schools have passed. Why not look forward to fall 2011?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2010
@ Superbrain and house,
here are the little answers i have for the question check them out.

1).1)How long is your program?(although it was stated on my I20 that 2011-2015 and they wrote 57 month,while transfer student will only take 2 years to complete the program.so what can i say?)
ans, 57 month(as its stated on my I20)
ans, due to the requirement for the master degree program my G.P is low and i was advise by the graduate assistance in my school to go for international transfer exchange program so that i can work on my G.P to meet up with the requirement for the master degree program.
ans, it align with my career aspiration of been an administrator and business management,i have great interest in nigeria economy which is currently under recession i believe study this course in usa will give me more knowledge and skills to contribute to nigeria economy .
4)how can the course benefit you and your country and do you plan to come back to Nigeria?
ans, yes i will come back to my country after my program as i said earlier that i have great interest in contributing to nigeria economy and i will make use of the education,skills and knowledge i have gathered in my studies to develop my country and let other people benefit from what i have acquire.

guru in the house pls check and give your own sugestion.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2010
@ superbarian
thanks for the advise i will work on that now ,it only stated on my I20 that my duration is 57 month .maybe i should mail the school now and ask so i can get some details to hold.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2010
God, when will NIPOST deliver this my result haba embarassed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2010
****Nethacker strolls in*****
good to c newbies taking control of this thread. grin
jst passing
****Nethacker strolls out*****

goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cui: 12:44am On Nov 18, 2010
quick question my brothers and sister, is it necessary to take the TOEFL to guarantee a VISA , especially the school does not require a TOEFL and conside the WEAC certificate solid. AND what are my chances of getting an interview date in december

thank for any anticipated response ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:32am On Nov 18, 2010
cui:

quick question my brothers and sister, is it necessary to take the TOEFL to guarantee a VISA , especially the school does not require a TOEFL and conside the WEAC certificate solid. AND what are my chances of getting an interview date in december

thank for any anticipated response ,
toefl does nt guarantee visa.
u hv nt even booked shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by segdre: 1:36am On Nov 18, 2010
hi, any one in the forum who can upload me the latest interview questions & answers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:37am On Nov 18, 2010
segdre:

hi, any one in the forum who can upload me the latest interview questions & answers
read page 156- 159
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cui: 2:10am On Nov 18, 2010
well specifically please try to help aanswer the question do i need to take the TOEFL at all?

not taking the toefl is that a backdrop?

what are my chances of getting an interview for december?

Thanks for valuable response thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:32am On Nov 18, 2010
cui:

well specifically please try to help aanswer the question do i need to take the TOEFL at all?

not taking the toefl is that a backdrop?

what are my chances of getting an interview for december?

Thanks for valuable response thanks
u still didnt read my previous post.u DONT need toefl if ur school waived it!!!!!! its not in anyway a disadvantage if u dnt hv.
as per getting interview in december,u can try ur luck but all d pple i knw going for interview wil b in january.

check their website 2 c availability i dnt think dat can b answered here
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2010
@ nethacker,how are u doing and where have u been all the while.l wanna chat with you about some issues,my yahoo id is deevick246.pls add me or you paste urs here so l can add u.
To all the string 2011 hopeful,God is more than able.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2010
Please someone shud help me wit d format of writing the sponsors letter. I need help with all documents needed at d embassy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.