Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,415 members, 7,891,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549137 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2010
@naggy what about me. so u still de dis place. go ur country ooh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tochuksj(m): 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2010
@House
I have the biggest problem i seem to be facing now. The name on my I-20 and my name have diffenrent spellings. 'Tokchukwu' instead of 'Tochukwu'. I have already booked a date for DEC 16. But have not paid my SEVIS fee. This is my biggest Problem. What shall i do?
Will i be allowed to pay the SEVIS fee and will i be granted VISA on these terms. Please, help me in contributing opinions. You can also contribute personally on my email address: tochuksj@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2010
hi guys, My sponsor only gave me his statement, a letter and his passbook. No cert of incorporation or tax clearance, If asked, how do i defend my self, I need responses please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2010
Benon,
Did you not see what Naggy just posted? Nobody is asking you to read through the pages of this trend. It is right on top of your post!

Tochuksj,
You may send a mail to the school immediately to state that there was an error in the name on your I-20.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
@ Benon,
when is your interview?you can write the school and they will send another copy of your I-20 letter with the correction .its all depend on when going to the embassy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2010
Tochuksj

I must say the second part of your post is flat out dumb. You have to ask reasonable questions. How can you ask the house if you'll be granted visa? Can anyone here guarantee or give you assurance of visa issuance. How are we supposed to know? FYI, only YOU can increase the chances of success. You have to take control of the interview cos it's all about you.
Then about your SEVIS or abi I-20 you should contact your school immediately and inform them of this so appropriate measures can be taken if it might eventually turn out a problem for you. Thank you!

@ nwaoma009, hahaha, athink you don dey give me trouble again? I go collect my ticket back from you oh so better take your time. You wan chase me comot my country, lmao. I hope and know say you dey warm up wella? Best wishes bro!

Goodluck to us all, Spring applicants!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 2:12am On Nov 13, 2010
@house, how do i defend myself in case i am asked why i do not have the originals of my notice of admission to the other schools i have been admited to.
I tracked it and discovered it will arrive on monday and my interview date is monday.

VO,  Did u get other admits
ME,  Yes
VO,  Can i see the docs, 

At this point, does the e mail notification suffice as a notice for admission?

VO,  Where are the originals,
How do i reply to this, bearing in mind that i was actually issued an original but it omited in the admission package that was sent to me. Then the notice was resent and will delivered by fedex later that day.

@all the gurus in the house pls respond.

This is to fortify myself, just in case they ask me. I don't want to be caught napping.

NOTE. THIS IS FOR OTHER ADMISSION I GOT. A PROOF THAT I APPLIED AND GOT ADMITED TO MORE THAN 1 SCHOOL.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 6:20am On Nov 13, 2010
Please where in east or in Nigeria can i pay for SEVIS FEE, SOMEONE HELP ME.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 10:31am On Nov 13, 2010
@benom d best tin u can do is 2 present only d bank statement dat is ok

wat d consular want is d total balance of d acct if d acct is ok 2 for ur tuition fee and accomodation wen study

If d request u can tell d consular dat ur sponsor does not release

I think dat is d best or u ask d gurus in d house
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2010
hey james2020 abt ur sevis fee payment i can help u pay it

all u need is to call on phone 07092002506 or u can chat wit me solo4bean88 YM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rockafela(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2010
house i have a question bordering me. wat about if for one reason unknowing to an applicant he/she was denied a visa, and the school has admitted such person.
my question here is does that person still have a chance after that problem has been solved. can the person in question book for another appointment?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2010
Rockafella,

Please ask your question in clear details so one wouldn't have a hard time trying to understand your inquiry in order to suggest best possible solutions to you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2010
rockafela if d visa has been denied u can only apply after 3 months

or reapply again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2010
@naggy pls advice dem on wat to do concerning there computer stuff or working stuff wat dey can do

to convince d consular abt d two issues dey post on dis trend maybe to

present there computer certificate or offer of employment dat they are working.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sunnela: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2010
Problem: Define Irony
solution: As illustrated below

Vague question
rockafela:

house i have a question bordering me. wat about if for one reason unknowing to an applicant he/she was denied a visa, and the school has admitted such person.
my question here is does that person still have a chance after that problem has been solved. can the person in question book for another appointment?

Vague Answer
solo4deji:

rockafela if d visa has been denied u can only apply after 3 months
or reapply again.
Una no go kill me for this NL, lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2010
@ Superbrain,

Can you drop your email addy or chat ID please, I want to ask you a few questions on Toefl
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2010
choose4me:

@ Superbrain,

Can you drop your email addy or chat ID please, I want to ask you a few questions on Toefl

superbrainnl (at) gmail (dot) com

rockafela:

Ogbeni, ki lon so?

masepat:

Benon,
Did you not see what Naggy just posted? Nobody is asking you to read through the pages of this trend. It is right on top of your post!

Tochuksj,
You may send a mail to the school immediately to state that there was an error in the name on your I-20.
Countdown, 16 days to go!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tochuksj(m): 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2010
@ Superbain
There was a typographical error on my I-20. 'Tokchukwu' instead of 'Tochukwu', What should i do about it? I can't mail the school anymore, it is too late. I want to ask if i can still pay my SEVIS fee with it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sunnela: 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2010
tochuksj:

@House
I   have   the   biggest   problem   i   seem   to   be  facing   now.   The   name   on   my   I-20   and   my   name  have   diffenrent  spellings.   'Tokchukwu'   instead   of  'Tochukwu'.  I   have   already   booked   a  date   for   DEC   16.   But  have   not   paid   my   SEVIS   fee.   This   is  my   biggest   Problem.   What   shall   i  do?
Will  i   be   allowed   to   pay   the   SEVIS   fee   and will  i   be  granted   VISA   on   these   terms.   Please,   help   me   in   contributing   opinions.   You   can   also contribute  personally   on  my  email  address:  tochuksj@yahoo.com
Dude, even your sch would have told you to return the i-20 form to them if u find any error. No carry am go interview oh! That's an immigration doc not sch doc, you have to be issued a new i-20 with the correct info, so u no go too speak english for POE,that  na if consular officer no bounce u sef. wen u reach yankee, u go know say as a student, your i-20/i-94 card dey important pass your visa.
tochuksj:

@ Superbain
There was a typographical error on my I-20. 'Tokchukwu' instead of 'Tochukwu',  What should i do about it? I can't mail the school anymore, it is too late. I want to ask if i can still pay my SEVIS fee with it.
Guy, u cannot pay your sevis fee with this i-20, cos u'll probably be issued a new one with a diff sevis number!
Why is it too late to get back to your sch? Or has your sch closed for the year didnt think so too, please just forget the disppointment of having to reschedule your interview and do what you have to do. Everything happens for a reason!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2010
@ sunnela,
here, have a big handshake from me. That was a very good and funny illustration. NL sef, lmao!!

@ solo4deji,
what do you expect me to advise again when I have already hinted on it in a previous thread. Even, another house member took her time to explain other stuff they could say as per questions on what have you been doing. What's it with all these computer certificate courses?! It just don't mean anything to them as a house member would say. And what's the need for presenting a certificate one can't defend peradventure the consular decides to throw in tough questions in Computer and the applicant in real sense doesn't even have any knowledge in it. I have read a testimony on this forum where they were asked to solve Maths questions and other similar unusual stories, And what did you grab from Rockafella's post that your advising him on? Your reply to him is even vague on its own, you check it yourself.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lekkynel: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2010
Pls guyz i wanna know how much i will spend in the total application for TOEFL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2010
benom

1) I only had the bank statement of my sponsor. Nothing more.

2) The VO only needs your i-20; your letter of admission is in fact more or less irrelevant.

Advice

1) Look directly into the VOs's eyes.
2) Dress properly.
3) Less documents and less story. The more documents you show, the more storytelling you do, the more explanations you will have to make. And that's bad.

Goodluck to you on Monday.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 14, 2010
@ Superbrain,

Thanks.I sent you an email
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 7:01am On Nov 14, 2010
@aroy1 This is what we need from you. tochukwu, do not ever pay 4 sevis with wrong name on your i 20
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sparta2: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2010
Aroy 1,do you mind sharing the name of the hotel you stayed at,in Abuja?
@mohaka where are you?
@sanciro where are you?
@bebure it's been long we last heard from you.
@nethacker two months and no post from you.Hope you are doing good.
Spring hopefuls,I hope you guys are fired up,to give those guys a good  fight.Good luck to you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sparta2: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2010
And again every applicant should know the weather history and statistics of the state where his/her school is located.Very important.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sparta2: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2010
For prospective undergraduate applicants considering Minnesota state university,Moorhead, make sure you have a C4 or above in English in either WAEC or NECO otherwise you might have to present your TOEFL score before being admitted.
Once again, Goodluck to all spring applicants.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2010
@ tochuksj,
sunnela has said it all. If I were you, I'll mail the school, then keep calling everyday (infact at least two times a day) till they send the corrected I-20. You can even request for it to be sent by express mail though that depends on if they can offer that kind of service.

@ choose4me,
I got your email. I've responded.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 6:28am On Nov 15, 2010
@Idsol,
This's not an advert placement thread. I don't know why people like you always try to abuse the rules & regulations.

@topic,
I'm supposed to have my interview this morning, but I just have to cancel it 'cos I wasn't ready. I'm still yet to get those things. I've also learnt one or two lessons too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 8:59am On Nov 15, 2010
iDsol hey stop advertising any products on dis trend can' t u see dat dis trend is for student visa

not for advert ok pls locate ur trend on advert and make ur products dera.

pls don't don't abuse dis trend
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2010
Guru in the house,
Need your suggestion on some questions.
Am going in as a transfer student to study business administration and management(undergraduate) pls i need your suggestion to these question so i can compare it with what i have in mind .
1)How long is your program?(although it was stated on my I20 that 2011-2015 and they wrote 57 month,while transfer student will only take 2 years to complete the program.so what can i say?)
2)why are you going for second Bsc?
3)why did you choose the course?
4)how can the course benefityou and your country and do you plan to come back to Nigeria?
I have some answer but just need the house to give me more idea that's is short and straight to what i have
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2010
Please has anyone seen or heard from Benom? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.