Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,543 members, 7,972,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:10 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (552753 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kuchikau: 7:23am On Oct 30, 2011
-@ webstradamus(online now,pls put an answer to dis)hw much does it cost to travel to d us frm naija? Which airline prvides dis service?reply now pls.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kuchikau: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2011
Pls,everyone shld help me wit d question above-about us flight fee and flight destination(direct or indirect)pls help, TANKS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2011
@oloworulz,

How many did you apply to really? Nobody, i mean nobody can help you with that. It isn't easy coming across such schools. So, just fill in those that required them that don't admit you but it is better said when you actually applied to them before.

@kuchika,

Check emirate and qatar airways sites your answers are there. You may need to break your trip when you get to US because these two mostly land in Int'l airports. Look for any Int'l airport closer to your destination and track the cost. But this i think is last, for now conc on your interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
@imperiux

The sevis fee is not much but there is an hiage abt it , the vo cud easiy acess all your info that is witht he univeristy , so if u re presentin seperate bank statement or any other docs it will be an outright denial for u , so it is better to pay it 1 day before ur interview so u can tell him you paid yesterday and he wont be able to access ur info with university . that is the hiage .

@HOUSE

if you have been denied before and the VO asked why were you denied , please need a bit more brainees here help wit facts , appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
Hi all, I will really like your advice. My sister is getting married (church wedding) next year may in America. She is a green-card holder and has already done her court wedding to her husband a while ago. I want to get an interview date for April 2012.
I want to use my sister and her husband as sponsor- The reason is that my sister is not working but her American husband is working and opened a joint account in both their names.
Also I have 3 other siblings in America, is it wise to mention I have other relatives at the embassy?
Also my husband is based in the UK and is a UK citizen, I have made up my mind that I will apply for the spouse visa once I get back from my sister's wedding
Even if I am using my sister and husband as a sponsor, i am also working here in Nigeria on a salary of 130k per month and can show an account balance above 1m. Can this be used to show ties to Nigeria? and the fact I have my mum and other siblings here? also the fact that I am married and that I have to come back to apply for a UK spouse visa?
I currently have a 2 yrs UK visa but have never applied to the American embassy.
I have tried reading through the thread but I noticed that most people are applying for student visa.
Please any advice will be really appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
rowlandoo:

@imperiux

The sevis fee is not much but there is an hiage abt it , the vo cud easiy acess all your info that is witht he univeristy , so if u re presentin seperate bank statement or any other docs it will be an outright denial for u, so it is better to pay it 1 day before your interview so u can tell him you paid yesterday and he wont be able to access your info with university . that is the hiage .

@HOUSE

if you have been denied before and the VO asked why were you denied , please need a bit more brainees here help wit facts ,  appreciated.

grin grin HA HA HA HA grin grin, Don't Make Me Laugh!

You are always misinformed. When will you start getting things right?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
@amykelly,

sorry this is students thread. Check the main section, you will see about US visiting. OK
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Rowlandoo,

Dis ur theory is very interesting. d last time i checked, na only juju I sabi, wey dem fit use do dat one!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
rowlandoo:

@imperiux

The sevis fee is not much but there is an hiage abt it , the vo cud easiy acess all your info that is witht he univeristy , so if u re presentin seperate bank statement or any other docs it will be an outright denial for u , so it is better to pay it 1 day before your interview so u can tell him you paid yesterday and he wont be able to access your info with university . that is the hiage .

@HOUSE

if you have been denied before and the VO asked why were you denied , please need a bit more brainees here help wit facts , appreciated.
WRONG INFO!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
@rowlandoo-if u r being asked d reason for ur denial,simply say dat u weren't prepared then,but now u r fully prepared;and pls,make sure u r technically prepared b4 u say that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
@rowlandoo,

Do this for me, use your head to hit the wall very hard. It's like you've started hallucinating due to your previous denials. Do you know that sometimes it takes payment 3 days to reflect on the SEVP system? So what do you want to say when it is asked from you? ''I just paid yesterday'' meanwhile it hasn't reflect and nothing for you to show of the transaction. Surely be expecting the badest and heaviest kick in your butt from the security guys grin grin The school holds all your docs and won't realise it to any third party expect there is issue, infact this is clearly stated on some of the schools sites. I just prayed you get it right this time because you are a total confused guy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2011
people have got their Visas without paying SEVIS fees, They paid after they got their Visas. I have a friend here who paid the fees after he got his Visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 7:05am On Nov 01, 2011
imperiouxx:

@rowlandoo,

Do this for me, use your head to hit the wall very hard. It's like you've started hallucinating due to your previous denials. Do you know that sometimes it takes payment 3 days to reflect on the SEVP system? So what do you want to say when it is asked from you? ''I just paid yesterday'' meanwhile it hasn't reflect and nothing for you to show of the transaction. Surely be expecting the badest and heaviest kick in your butt from the security guys grin grin The school holds all your docs and won't realise it to any third party expect there is issue, infact this is clearly stated on some of the schools sites. I just prayed you get it right this time because [b]you are a total confused guy[/b].

And u are applying for a Student Visa with this kind of grammar?
Brain drain is another epidemic in Nigeria after Poverty
amykelly:

Hi all, I will really like your advice. My sister is getting married (church wedding) next year may in America. She is a green-card holder and has already done her court wedding to her husband a while ago. I want to get an interview date for April 2012.
I want to use my sister and her husband as sponsor- The reason is that my sister is not working but her American husband is working and opened a joint account in both their names.
Also I have 3 other siblings in America, is it wise to mention I have other relatives at the embassy?
Also my husband is based in the UK and is a UK citizen, I have made up my mind that I will apply for the spouse visa once I get back from my sister's wedding
Even if I am using my sister and husband as a sponsor, i am also working here in Nigeria on a salary of 130k per month and can show an account balance above 1m. Can this be used to show ties to Nigeria? and the fact I have my mum and other siblings here? also the fact that I am married and that I have to come back to apply for a UK spouse visa?
I currently have a 2 yrs UK visa but have never applied to the American embassy.
I have tried reading through the thread but I noticed that most people are applying for student visa.
Please any advice will be really appreciated.

I think u stand a good chance.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:27am On Nov 01, 2011
djunit1:

people have got their Visas without paying SEVIS fees,  They paid after they got their Visas. I have a friend here who paid the fees after he got his Visa.

Yes, thats 1 out of every 20.

@oyewolejos,

Never mind my errors. I was on phone then and I didn't check it twice before/after posting it. Dammit! This is a big blunder, it could be that I was dreaming when writing that last part grin grin grin Thanks mehn.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by youmailme: 9:05am On Nov 01, 2011
Hi House,
I applied for the tourist visa. In my DS-160 online form. I put in December 23rd as intended date of arrival but unable to get a interview appointment date within the December period, as I have January date. Pls, does this make any difference.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:39am On Nov 01, 2011
Inasmuch you are not actually entering before your interview then no big deal. Better still, fill another DS and update your profile on the ustraveldoc website.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2011
I don't think some1 can go for an interview without paying the sevis fee, cos the guys that will check your papers and actually knw if u hv an appointment will request for ur i-20 and sevis fee payment receipt b4 I can join the que and enter inside. Just saying thou
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2011
Hello house sorry I hv not been in dis school 4 long, I hv been busy with school stuff and am ok now. I believe someone should hv an interview 2day. Spring applicants were una de naaa, make we start de jolly una success. Ask me question if u re confuse on anything concerning interview tips. Safe guy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2011
nwaoma009:

I don't think some1 can go for an interview without paying the sevis fee, cos the guys that will check your papers and actually knw if u hv an appointment will request for your i-20 and sevis fee payment receipt b4 I can join the que and enter inside. Just saying thou

I have a friend who did and I know at least two other people that did the same thing,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2011
Ok that's cool. Just saying sha
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 2:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
shocked NWAOMMA! Na u b dis? U still de exist? No flashin,no callin,no messagin. Nawa 4 u o. I guess u r bak nw;So,Hw fa naa? U don get date?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
shocked NWAOMMA! Na u b dis? U still de exist? No flashin,no callin,no messagin. Nawa 4 u o. I guess u r bak nw;So,Hw fa naa? U don get date?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mydestiny2: 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2011
i have paid my sevis fee at seme for a week now, but everytime i checkd western union online with my MTCN, I receive error message.
i dont understand what d problem is.guys pls helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
Cleverdude whts up me hv been busy with school stuffs menh. Saw ur post nd I can see der is much fear on you towards ur interview. I tld u dat the sevis u hv now cnt b used for that ur fall 2012 nd der is no way u can go 4 interview for fall 2012 on March dats a big red flag nd straight denial. So u better start putting ur $200 or rather $230 for ur sevis fee together.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2011
@ my destiny go to www.fmjfee.com put in ur details der and print ur online receipt. The receipt is waiting for you der for days now. Hope dis helps
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2011
pls is it possible to schedule an appointment first and fill the ds-160 form later
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mydestiny2: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2011
@nwaoma009
thanx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2011
nwaoma009:

Cleverdude whts up me hv been busy with school stuffs menh. Saw your post nd I can see der is much fear on you towards your interview. I tld u dat the sevis u hv now cnt b used for that your fall 2012 nd der is no way u can go 4 interview for fall 2012 on March dats a big red flag nd straight denial. So u better start putting your $200 or rather $230 for your sevis fee together.
100% WRONG! Everything u've said above about my case is the opposite of what's happening nw. How cn u ever knw,when i haven't even updated u on my case. (1)I'm no longer going 4 fall,bt spring,cos my school sent me a new i-20 4 fall,so i av no other option than to go 4 it. (2)I'm never 4 1ce scared of my nxt interview. (3)Re-check my posts,u'll c that i've been contributing to help those that r scared,NOT ME;remember,I am nw an old skul visa applicant with experience,nt a visa applicant new breed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2011
you guys pls reply naaaa undecided undecided undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
@amykelly is not possible cos u code u will get from your ds 160 is wht u will use to book an appointment. So fill ur ds 160 form the you proceed on booking.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2011
@amykelly is not possible cos u code u will get from your ds 160 is wht u will use to book an appointment. So fill your ds 160 form the you proceed on booking.

Thank you! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.