Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,378 members, 7,908,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:19 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (549927 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
@cleverdude since u going 4 spring y asking if u can go 4 interview on March so dat ur sevis fee will not expire. Well u knw d best sha since u going for spring wen is ur date?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2011
nwaoma009:

@amykelly is not possible cos u code u will get from your ds 160 is wht u will use to book an appointment. So fill your ds 160 form the you proceed on booking.

, pls have a look at my comments below and revert to amykelly

amykelly:

pls is it possible to schedule an appointment first and fill the ds-160 form later

It think is very much possible. You just need to initiate the process of filling the ds 160 and get ur app id which will be d same as d confirmation code required to book. u can even change this after booking. by entering the confirmation code of a new ds 160 you wish to present on d interview day.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2011
@square65 whts d need for just getting only d code nd nt filling the form. He shld just fill it and knw he is facing booking appointment.u kind of sounding as if is hard to fill. Well the choice is you @amykelly.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
amykelly:

pls is it possible to schedule an appointment first and fill the ds-160 form later
IMPOSSIBLE!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
Filling the form isn't a big deal ooo! The only reason I am asking is that I may need to change some things on the form before the interview date and I think I wouldn't be able to do that cos I would have submitted the form. I noticed that if i change anything on the form, i will need to book another appointment. I would have booked next year but i don't want to go through the head ache of looking for an appointment date hence my early schedule.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
Once u book ur appointment with the code u got from d ds 160 form and u noticed dat der was an error all u will do it fill another 1 dnt other trying to book again, but make use of the new one u believe is ok 4u for ur interview. The ds 160 u will gv d vo is wht matters. So be sure of wht u doing bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
Square65:

I
Yea, lemme be the first to show ,

My interview comes up by 1st wk in Nov

As u have noticed, I've been trying to get somethings clear abt means of financial support.

Does it really matter if my I-20 states someone as a means of support and someone else on my ds 160??

Go get ur visa bro ,  and remember to share ur story. God will go before you!

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
webstradamus:

Go get your visa bro ,  and remember to share your story. God will go before you!

Thanks webstradamus,

My interview's actually Nov 10. Wish u all the same thing bro!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2011
Wishing you best of luck friend. I got my I-20 this afternoon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2011
imperiouxx, am happy for u! so u are all set ,

God'll crown ur efforts. Amen.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2011
imperiouxx:

Wishing you best of luck friend. I got my I-20 this afternoon.

At long last!!! The countdown can now begin officially.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:34am On Nov 02, 2011
amykelly:

Filling the form isn't a big deal ooo! The only reason I am asking is that I may need to change some things on the form before the interview date and I think I wouldn't be able to do that cos I would have submitted the form. I noticed that if i change anything on the form, i will need to book another appointment. I would have booked next year but i don't want to go through the head ache of looking for an appointment date hence my early schedule.
Y do pple make things complicated 4 emselves. This particular question has been answered,over and over again,in not less than 5 pages back here,i could remember answering this question 2-3 times in those pages. PLS,B4 U ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,MAKE SURE U HAVE GONE THROUGH EVERY CROOK&CRANK OF THIS THREAD, so that those answering won't have to keep re-answering questions as though they are machines nt humans.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kidUrbane: 2:51am On Nov 02, 2011
@ House,
I have been denied twice now and I need advise on feeling the Ds160 before reapplying; The first time I applied, my uncle was my sponsor due to a little financial downturn for my Dad.so my uncle decided to help with tuition, I was denied.On my second application my dad was back on track financially, so He decided to be my sponsor, and I filled in his name as sponsor on my Ds160, I was denied again and now I just feel the second denial could have been as a result of changing my sponsor, @ House I'm confused on who to fill in as my sponsor now, Advise would be appreciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kidUrbane: 3:35am On Nov 02, 2011
Imperiuouxx abeg come on messenger now, we need to talk
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kidUrbane: 3:57am On Nov 02, 2011
Wishing all Spring applicants including myself a successful Interview, Success shall be ours in Jesus Name smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 7:32am On Nov 02, 2011
kidUrbane:

@ House,
I have been denied twice now and I need advise on feeling the Ds160 before reapplying; The first time I applied, my uncle was my sponsor due to a little financial downturn for my Dad.so my uncle decided to help with tuition, I was denied.On my second application my dad was back on track financially, so He decided to be my sponsor, and I filled in his name as sponsor on my Ds160, I was denied again and now I just feel the second denial could have been as a result of changing my sponsor, @ House I'm confused on who to fill in as my sponsor now, Advise would be appreciated.

How many times will i say this,there is never a place in the ds-160 where u fill in ur academic sponsor's info,all u cn c is "person paying 4 ur trip",who might nt b used as sponsor. Recapitulate ur 1st interview here,while u share ur experience in d 2nd interview exactly the way it happened as well,let's see what caused the denial.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tittolala: 8:21am On Nov 02, 2011
Gud morning all, pls i kn this questn has been answered on this thread, but i cant get d actual page right nw. Where can i access my sevis receipt online?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tittolala: 8:26am On Nov 02, 2011
pls house ignore my last request, i ve seen it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 9:04am On Nov 02, 2011
Y do pple make things complicated 4 emselves. This particular question has been answered,over and over again,in not less than 5 pages back here,i could remember answering this question 2-3 times in those pages. PLS,B4 U ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,MAKE SURE U HAVE GONE THROUGH EVERY CROOK&CRANK OF THIS THREAD, so that those answering won't have to keep re-answering questions as though they are machines nt humans.
Nobody put a gun to your head to answer!  angry angry angry angry
There are 298 pages on this thread and I checked through the first 150 pages and got tired of checking because some date back to last year which may not be accurate. I don't know why you feel it is necessary to be rude. Next time, remember it is not compulsory to reply cos your above mail didn't contribute anything to my question! Mscheeeew!! angry angry angry 

Point of Advice- Even if it is has been answered before there are other polite ways to answer. Being rude doesn't solve the question/query it only makes you seem very insensitive and ill-mannered.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 11:20am On Nov 02, 2011
amykelly:

Square65 has given you the best answer below:

Square65:

,  pls have a look at my comments below and revert to amykelly

It think is very much possible. You just need to initiate the process of filling the ds 160 and get your app id which will be d same as d confirmation code required to book. u can even change this after booking. by entering the confirmation code of a new ds 160 you wish to present on d interview day.

All you need do is start the process of filling the DS-160, take note of the application ID issued to u at the beginning (u don't have to fill the form completely) and then use the ID (which also doubles as your confirmation number) to book your appointment. And whenever you're eventually ready to fill the DS-160, do so correctly and then update your visa appointment profile with the new confirmation number.

I hope you now get the picture!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2011
cleverdude:

@amykelly-Can u pls highlight d rude statement i made above,so that the house can see? I think u r d rude 1,cos ur 1st statement even sounded rude&arrogant. I even capitalised my stament with "PLEASE",and i think that a reasonable kinda of person must understand that my statement is not rude. But,if u still think i sounded rude,I'M SO SORRY!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2011
@amy,

I have answered your question in several parts of this Travel section. Please guys, don't raise voice here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
i'm sorry to start spring '12 on such a sad note but i was denied yesterday at the lagos consulate. it was brief and honestly, much easier than i thought but i was denied. the interview barely lasted for 2 minutes. lemme see if i can remember what was asked.

consular:why do you want to school in the US? told him. it was a pretty good response and i relaxed when i saw him nod his head and say excellent.

consular: how many schoold did you apply to? i named all 4.

consular: did you write any standardized tests? told him i wrote TOEFL and that SAT was waived for me and i had a letter from the school acknowledging that. i was reaching out to bring the document when he said there wasnt any need, that he believed me.

consular: he asked what school i attend presently and i told him. he asked for the name of the course i'm studying and i told him. he asked again and i repeated what i said. i guess he was waiting for me to panic cos i was really composed.

consular: do you have family in the US? i told him i no

consular: i can see you have a partial scholarship. who's paying for the rest? i told him my uncle

he spent some time typing. i was just looking at his fingers cos i was a little fascinated at how fast he was typing.those guys can type sha. lol. he typed, looked up at me and told me that he couldnt issue me a visa at this time as he didnt think i would come back.

i took my passport he returned to me and took some steps back, i shook my head, went back to him, tapped his window and asked if i could say anything and he said sure. i told him i didnt know how he could tell i have no plans of coming back after a few questions and me telling him i didnt have family in the states and without looking at my docs but that i was really a geniue student and he said he was sorry but that i could reapply though. i said thank you and left. nobody around beleived i was denied. the security guy that was around waited for me outside and told me to take it easy, that it happens and that the man had made up his mind not to give me the visa. he said cos of how young and whatever i looked, the guy just felt i'll go to the states, find my way to canada and jah. lol. i went to the next GT bank i saw and paid for another appointment. i didnt feel it until early this morning when i kept hearing the guy say he didn't think i was going to come back and that i wasn't qualified for a visa. that shit is traumatizing, people. pardon my language.

long story short, i just got an appointment for december 14th. donno if i can wait that long. what's worse is i still can't figure out why i was denied. if anybody can pinpoint what i said or didn't say, please feel free to point it out. i think the only thing i didn't do right was bring out my documents and thrust it at him. like, the letter waiving the SAT for me, my sponsor's statement and sponsorship letter when he asked who was sponsoring me and my letter from my prof stating i'm a student of the school and his department not to mention my student id card and other stuff. was i wrong in not supporting my answers with the document said answer required?

once again, i'm sorry i'm starting spring 2012 in s aour note. here's parying the next person going for his/her interview has good news for us,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by youmailme: 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
@Herself
Since you have any clue why you were denied, all I have to say from what you typed is, Since the VO didn't ask for any document from you while the interview lasted make sure your answers correspond to what you have them on your DS-160 form because you said you saw typing and he repeated a question twice. And don't be to forward in answering a question if you are not asked. It is well, December 14th is around the corner, I pray you get it this time around. Since you have ready paid for another appointment, just make sure you have your all information on the DS-160 at finger tips.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
He has made up his mind not to give you from the beginning because you are going on transfer (BS) and your tie to Nigeria as stated on DS160 isn't convincing enough. I think people said there is a black mean guy in Lagos, was he the one? Well, luck is not just on your side that time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2011
Sorry to hear that. The US Embassy is a little bit notorious so to speak. They are quite happy to stop many students from traveling. Don't be downhearted. A loser today can be a winner tomorrow.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
@Herself, pls do not be discouraged ok? Samething happened to me when I went for my first interview in August, I answered all d questions well and was quite composed yet the consular denied me (it was d black guy in counter 4), he seemed to hv made up his mind not to give me the visa even before the interview. I re-applied and got interviewed by the 'strictest of all the consulars' (a white woman incounter3), and I got my visa. It's good to know you are not discouraged and have re-applied, just go back there with faith inGod and confidence and you'd get it. Don't mind those consulars', their rubbish is just too much

Wish u all d best as you go again (you'd get it don't worry)

@Imperiouxx, you are doing a good job here, keep it up, can't wait to read your success story
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cophild: 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2011
@herself, not to worry, U ll get it d nxt time U go, December 14th is a bit far o, try bring it closer, jst maOwn suggestion, As for starting spring on a bad note, Dat aint true dear, Spring started on a good note, Cos some1 already got his, not to worry ur testimony and testimonies of all others is on d way, Cheers dear! Pls o qatar and emirates, Which ll u guys advice one to book, Cheers peeps
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kuchikau: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2011
Pls,house help!! Wat tie to nigeria can be convincing enough?pls writ smtin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 4:27am On Nov 03, 2011
@herself not to worry u going to get it dat dec time. God be ur strength you have nothing to loose or be afraid for, what is yours is yours no matter which consular dat will interview u dat day. Be strong dear dat all is well.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kinkyfrag: 6:37am On Nov 03, 2011
hv followed dis thread and it is great, anyway i was denied yesterday at abuja and i really cn't say were d mistake came out from.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 6:46am On Nov 03, 2011
@kinky state how u interview went so that we can figure out wht d problem was. Sorry for that, but u can still re apply if u wish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.