Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,172 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:56 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548887 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ miz4oxley,

if u read this thread from the beginning, u will av the insight, some school waives all those exams while some demand them.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2010
miz4oxley:

Please, I will Like to know If its compulsory to have TOEFL and SAT before applying to US schools, Cos a distant school mate just left and all he's got is just his National Diploma and good working experience from a oil company. Please Advice, ain't desperate about going , But just can't afford to sit for this exams and what If the school waives it, does that mean the consular would ask.Please Good and experienced advicers are needed on this matter. Please.
My guy,it depends on the school u r applying to. If u meet the english language requirements,those exams will be waived for u and it will reflect on ur I-20.Be dat as it may,if asked a question based on that,simply tell them ur sch dont require it as stated on ur I-20.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by miz4oxley(m): 11:41am On Jan 27, 2010
My guy,it depends on the school u r applying to. If u meet the english language requirements,those exams will be waived for u and it will reflect on your I-20.Be dat as it may,if asked a question based on

@ nethacker @khunleah, I really appreciate and now please, Do you know How i need to apply to US school now and how I will have to go about the I-20 you are talking about, I'm new here and all I know about is the UK processing, Please just do the help, have always trusted you guys Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by adeniyi334: 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2010
Visit http://www.fngcenter.com/visa-counseling-in-nigeria/ for free counseling for student visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
miz4oxley:

My guy,it depends on the school u r applying to. If u meet the english language requirements,those exams will be waived for u and it will reflect on your I-20.Be dat as it may,if asked a question based on

@ nethacker @khunleah, I really appreciate and now please, Do you know How i need to apply to US school now and how I will have to go about the I-20 you are talking about, I'm new here and all I know about is the UK processing, Please just do the help, have always trusted you guys Thanks in anticipation.
Get a school of ur choice here and send them an email requesting for admission procedures.They will guide u thru.
Regards wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 12:55am On Jan 28, 2010
@ gongo aso and femilangy

U guys are really doing a great job.I will try to stay in touch.

Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 8:46am On Jan 28, 2010
US to review visa policy for Nigerians, may revoke others
By Agency Reporter, Published: Wednesday, 27 Jan 2010

THE United States may soon begin rejection of Visa applications by some categories of Nigerians.

Although a statement by the US State Department did not mention the categories that would be affected, it added that visas already issued to some people might be revoked.

The plan, according to Empowered Newswire, a US-based Nigerian news agency, follows a directive by President Barrack Obama.

The US State Department supervises American embassies worldwide.

Empowered Newswire said on Tuesday that the embassies were advised to “review visa issuance and revocation criteria and processes with special emphasis on counter terrorism’.

It is believed that this directive would be actively implemented in Nigeria and other 13 countries on the US terror watch list.

Alongside the presidential directive, a US senator is also proposing that multiple visas be eradicated for Nigerians and the other countries on the terror watch list.

However, the US Embassy in Nigeria, has been absolved of any wrongdoing in the handling of the Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, the 23-year-old Nigerian that attempted to blow up a US-bound aircraft.

According to Ian Kelly, US State Department Spokesman, Embassy in Nigeria did everything they were supposed to do.”

It was gathered that Obama’s directive was addressed to several US departments and agencies with different specific instructions and policy directions.

But the State department instruction on visa is deemed one of the most crucial directives in the memo as it came first in a long line of departments and agencies.

According to the presidential memo, Obama stated that those actions including the new visa restrictions and revocation which must take place immediately ”must be taken to enhance the security of the American people.

The statement said, “The actions are necessary given inherent systemic weaknesses and human errors revealed by the review of events leading up to December 25th.

“They also are required to ensure that the standards, practices, and business processes that have been in place since the aftermath of 9/11 are appropriately robust to address the evolving terrorist threat facing our Nation in the coming years.”
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2010
guydudu:

US to review visa policy for Nigerians, may revoke others
By Agency Reporter, Published: Wednesday, 27 Jan 2010

THE United States may soon begin rejection of Visa applications by some categories of Nigerians.

Although a statement by the US State Department did not mention the categories that would be affected, it added that visas already issued to some people might be revoked.

The plan, according to Empowered Newswire, a US-based Nigerian news agency, follows a directive by President Barrack Obama.

The US State Department supervises American embassies worldwide.

Empowered Newswire said on Tuesday that the embassies were advised to “review visa issuance and revocation criteria and processes with special emphasis on counter terrorism’.

It is believed that this directive would be actively implemented in Nigeria and other 13 countries on the US terror watch list.

Alongside the presidential directive, a US senator is also proposing that multiple visas be eradicated for Nigerians and the other countries on the terror watch list.

However, the US Embassy in Nigeria, has been absolved of any wrongdoing in the handling of the Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, the 23-year-old Nigerian that attempted to blow up a US-bound aircraft.

According to Ian Kelly, US State Department Spokesman, Embassy in Nigeria did everything they were supposed to do.”

It was gathered that Obama’s directive was addressed to several US departments and agencies with different specific instructions and policy directions.

But the State department instruction on visa is deemed one of the most crucial directives in the memo as it came first in a long line of departments and agencies.

According to the presidential memo, Obama stated that those actions including the new visa restrictions and revocation which must take place immediately ”must be taken to enhance the security of the American people.

The statement said, “The actions are necessary given inherent systemic weaknesses and human errors revealed by the review of events leading up to December 25th.

“They also are required to ensure that the standards, practices, and business processes that have been in place since the aftermath of 9/11 are appropriately robust to address the evolving terrorist threat facing our Nation in the coming years.”

na formalty abeg,b4 terrorist ,the thing hard so wats d big deal, u go get am banji no kill urself
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 29, 2010
rachiwise:

@ gongo aso and femilangy

U guys are really doing a great job.I will try to stay in touch.

Cheers!

LONG THING!!!!sweet heart send me ur number ASAP.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
femilangy:

LONG THING!!!!sweet heart send me your number ASAP.
is this a valentine's proposal grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tobidaflava(m): 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2010
Hahaha!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2010
nethacker:

is this a valentine's proposal grin grin

Maybe.

How AZ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:46am On Jan 31, 2010
femilangy:

Maybe.

How AZ?
AZ just dey there jare my guy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by elctroguru(m): 12:52am On Feb 01, 2010
nethacker:

AZ just dey there jare my guy

Nethacker my guy, How far?
We need to have a lil chat, Can we talk online?
PLs drop ur ID here, I'll add u up.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 10:21am On Feb 01, 2010
val2rhyme@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by elctroguru(m): 12:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
nethacker:

val2rhyme@yahoo.com

Thanks man
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 12:14am On Feb 03, 2010
Sometimes, people share the questions they were asked during their US visa interview. I have an observation about an aspect of the questions and I wish to get an answer. example;

Consular: How many schools did you apply to and how many accepted you?

I followed this thread from page 1 to 56. I didn't see any one who said " I applied to only one, and I was accepted by that one alone". I noticed that most people said they applied to more than one.

My question is this; assuming one actually applies to one school, and got accepted by that school alone. Is it risky to say say it? Must one say that he/she applies to e.g 2 schools, 3 schools or something? Please, this is my observation and I wish to get a good reply. Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 03, 2010
4ril:

Sometimes, people share the questions they were asked during their US visa interview. I have an observation about an aspect of the questions and I wish to get an answer. example;

I followed this thread from page 1 to 56. I didn't see any one who said " I applied to only one, and I was accepted by that one alone". I noticed that most people said they applied to more than one.

My question is this; assuming one actually applies to one school, and got accepted by that school alone. Is it risky to say say it? Must one say that he/she applies to e.g 2 schools, 3 schools or something? Please, this is my observation and I wish to get a good reply. Thank you.

You can say you applied to only one skol.It really doesnt make any difference.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hey guys,

Anyone's got info on US Consulate in Abuja?
Please share.

I'm considering their Abuja office, any comment? cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by afrodoc(m): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
Hi house,i just gained admission 2 study at Emory Rollins School of Public Health 2 study 4 an MPH degree.i scored 1520 in my GRE so i'm still hopeful abt Harvard and Johns Hopkins(i tink Rachiwise shud remember me from d GRE thread).my Q now is wat impact (positive or negative) will d fact dt one's potential sponsor is US based hv one's visa applicatn
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
steve49ja:

Hey guys,

Anyone's got info on US Consulate in Abuja?
Please share.

I'm considering their Abuja office, any comment? cheesy
It doesnt matter where u appear for ur interview,wat matters most is YOU and not the consulate's location, I did mine in lagos and so did many others.We got our visas so y bother urself, these guys sef?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2010
@femilangy

My question is this; assuming one actually applies to one school, and got accepted by that school alone. Is it risky to say say it? Must one say that he/she applies to e.g 2 schools, 3 schools or something? Please, this is my observation and I wish to get a good reply. Thank you

You can say you applied to only one skol.It really doesnt make any difference.

@femilangy

Thanks so much. I appreciate your response. Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Relocatusa(f): 2:01am On Feb 04, 2010
My name is Yemisi and I work for Relocate USA based in Lagos. We are a new outfit and guarantee Visa to USA. We are so sure we can get your visa, you do not pay us anything until you receive your visa. You can send a text to register your name and telephone number 24hrs a day and we will contact you. You have nothing to lose, so give us a call or text on 08023207844.

Include your name, age and best time to call you back. Also indicate how soon you are hoping to process your visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 6:42am On Feb 04, 2010
pls bug off this thread is not for scammers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DrTony1(m): 11:37am On Feb 04, 2010
Hi Folks, I must commend the great work y'all are doing here. Goodjob guys.
Please House, I need your help. Im a fresh graduate of Medicine & Surgery from UNN, and I intend specializing in my medical field in the U.S.A, But Im kind of new to all the procedures involved in studying in the U.S. Pls can someone help me in outlining the exams and procedures I 'll have to take here, pls sum1 should come to my aid. God bless you as you do so Thanks. Heres also my mail: Tunacer@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DrTony1(m): 11:38am On Feb 04, 2010
Please House, I need your help. Im a fresh graduate of Medicine & Surgery from UNN, and I intend specializing in my medical field in the U.S.A, But Im kind of new to all the procedures involved in studying in the U.S. Pls can someone help me in outlining the exams and procedures I 'll have to take here, pls sum1 should come to my aid. God bless you as you do so Thanks. Heres also my mail: Tunacer@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
This thread is not alive like b4
Wat cud b d prob?

Where is d 1st lady?
Everytime i come here and read posts
but just decided to drop somfin 2day.

nethacker, how ur side na?

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
Dr.Tony:

@Tony,Get a medical school of ur choice,show them all got my scanning ur results/credentials to them,ask abt the things that will be required of u,ask abt the exams to be taken and take those exams.Then apply for ur residency(not permanent residence oo shocked ) through that school.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by afrodoc(m): 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2010
Abeg now make person answer my own question na! I made an inquiry earlier askin if it affected ur visa applicatn 2 hv a US based sponsor
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2010
afrodoc:

Abeg now make person answer my own question na! I made an inquiry earlier askin if it affected your visa applicatn 2 hv a US based sponsor
logically speaking,it doesnt affect but 9ja factor will always set in wen ever u tell the consular ur sponsor is abroad.Its a "minus" if u say so cos wat if the person decides to stop funding u?that is d question dat will first run thru the consular's mind.Dont 4get,they hv d mentality dat u r coming to lie to them so its now left to u to cajole and or convince them by first confusing them grin , tell them wat is not and be so bold to defend it. My advise,if ur sponsor can be ur parents,it will be better.
Just my piece
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shilling(f): 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2010
Dr.Tony:

About exams, you don't need the SAT'S but you definitely need the TOEFL. Not all schools require that, but you'll probably save yourself some future stress if you took it.

I'm guessing you have to start applying to a medical school. If you plan on starting school in Fall '10, I believe you should have applied and you're probably completing your application. But, that isn't really viable, so you should probably target Spring '11. If your results are really good, you could get a scholarship which will make things waaaaay easier.

Best wishes!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2010
shilling:

About exams, you don't need the SAT'S but you definitely need the TOEFL. Not all schools require that, but you'll probably save yourself some future stress if you took it.

I'm guessing you have to start applying to a medical school. If you plan on starting school in Fall '10, I believe you should have applied and you're probably completing your application. But, that isn't really viable, so you should probably target Spring '11. If your results are really good, you could get a scholarship which will make things waaaaay easier.

Best wishes!!!
^^who art thou? shocked shocked i hv not seen u b4 here, this is d first time u r coming here, anyway u r welcome grin grin wink how's North dakota treating u?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.