Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548254 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by papi22(m): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2010
if you need to register for toefl or gre
email me @
rowallace122yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
papi22:

if you need to register for toefl or gre
email me @
rowallace122yahoo.com

Email u for what?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2010
@ papi22: Why shud pple call u?
Registrn for dos exams, one can get details online
dis is not where u'll get victims for ur scam activities!

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Vladmir2: 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2010
@house,please i intend to study Energy Economics and Finance in the us.what likely jobs can i get when i graduate and in what sectors?(Bsc.).i intend to re-apply for this fall admission

@justwise,pls what do you think about my decision.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2010
Vladmir 2:

@house,please i intend to study Energy Economics and Finance in the us.what likely jobs can i get when i graduate and in what sectors?(Bsc.).i intend to re-apply for this fall admission

I don't know much abt USA system, there are alot of pple here who does, they will help u.

Good luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2010
rachiwise:

@ Femilangy ,Gongo-Aso, A-town and co.

I'm happy Femilangy finally got his visa, u really helped my Bro big time. U guys rock!

I remember how we started the thread, with very little info on the student visa thing,but see now,WHAO!!!

All the best in your studies and be good.

@ Gbemxy

Very very true, some get there and are stranded financially.It aint that easy, but if one can manage well well It should be O.K. I am actually talking from experience.I had to pay over $9k every semester and it wasnt really funny after a while.

Always keep in touch with your sponsors(Dad, Uncle, etc) let them know what u are always going through there financially and always psyche them up that you wouldnt dissapoint them, etc and DONT.We dont need more terrorists in Naija,lol(on a lighter note).

Cheers!

Sweet heart where have u been?hook me up om YIm sharpsharp and drop me ur digits.
cheers kiss kiss kiss wink smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
^^^[size=3pt]alagbere[/size]  tongue
@rashy
howdy long time to see!

@justwise
try cut the guy some slack, registering for those exams from Nigeria can be a pain in the butts.
I register for folks too. The agencies in Nigeria are ripping them off.

Vladmir 2:

chief. apply to school and stop worrying about the future. you have a lot more to worry about presently. How to get admission, funding and sorts. Leave the future to take care of itself. Just make sure you excel in school.
and if you insist, you can get jobs in the 'Energy Economics and Financial' Sectors smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by pumpum2001: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2010
I will be graduating in oau in few weeks time,i wrote SAT and i passed very well because i intend to go for my 2nd degree course,can you put me through how i can go about it, i pass more than the school scholarship score, what admission can i apply for?and what else do i have to do.thanks so much
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
pumpum2001:

I will be graduating in oau in few weeks time,i wrote SAT and i passed very well because i intend to go for my 2nd degree course,can you put me through how i can go about it, i pass more than the school scholarship score,  what admission can i apply for?and what else do i have to do.thanks so much

you are about to graduate and get a first degree, you should be writing GRE/GMAT/TOEFL for grad school and not SAT  undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:23am On Jan 18, 2010
gongo aso:

you are about to graduate and get a first degree, you should be writing GRE/GMAT/TOEFL for grad school and not SAT  undecided
I wanted to ask a question that leads to that answer above,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ayosco2008(m): 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
hello guys hope this mubtallab guy would not affect visa
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
ayosco2008:

hello guys hope this mubtallab guy would not affect visa

he did not affect visa at all
i even doubt if dey know about him at the embassy, LOL

Pple r gettin dia visa

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2010
hello, ladies and gentle men. it seem this thread is not functioning as before again? pls there r pple that want infor abt the US visa for student and that do knw wat to do . kindly continue with your helpful spirit to assist other.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
@khuneah:

Let any1 who has ques post it here
and i'm sure gr8 minds are still here to help
solve such problem.

Since theres no active ques so pple r busy wit dia
assignments i guess,

gongo-aso, femilangy- val2rhyme where una dey,

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2010
Hey guys, this thread has been very interesting. I have a major concern though, I graduated from university in the U.K. with a second class upper degree in mechanical engineering last year and am currently in the U.S. to visit a few potential petroleum engineering graduate schools and for holiday. I have already applied to schools and done the GRE (don't need TOEFL). I'll be returning to naij in a few weeks and would be applying for a student visa in may or june but since I haven't done nysc it is unlikely I would be employed at the time I apply for the visa so I'm wondering if that would hinder me getting a visa. I have all my other documents in order. Cheers.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2010
^^^no, it doesnt.
with all your docs in place, you are good to go.
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2010
^ Good to see you're still here. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Godeagle: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
bebure:

Hey guys, this thread has been very interesting. I have a major concern though, I graduated from university in the U.K. with a second class upper degree in mechanical engineering last year and am currently in the U.S. to visit a few potential petroleum engineering graduate schools and for holiday. I have already applied to schools and done the GRE (don't need TOEFL). I'll be returning to naij in a few weeks and would be applying for a student visa in may or june but since I haven't done nysc it is unlikely I would be employed at the time I apply for the visa so I'm wondering if that would hinder me getting a visa. I have all my other documents in order. Cheers.

If you can get a holiday visa to the US from the UK and you came back to 9ja to apply for the student visa, I see no reason why they will decline it. All they care about is whether you can pay the fees and if you will come back. All of which you evidently satisfy. You no get problem jare.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
platinumnk:

as long as you are here with me tongue
kiss kiss kiss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2010
platinumnk:

^good to c u r still here too tongue kiss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abuseay(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2010
I just want to say a big Thank you to everyone on this thread, I been peeping on this thread for some months now, I got my Visa @ the US Consulate in Lagos yesterday, I am actually going for a PhD with a major in Chemical Engineering. Thanks so much for all the useful information.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
Abuseay:

I just want to say a big Thank you to everyone on this thread, I been peeping on this thread for some months now, I got my Visa @ the US Consulate in Lagos yesterday, I am actually going for a PhD with a major in Chemical Engineering. Thanks so much for all the useful information.
u r welcome , Pack ur things and leave that fuel scarcity nation wink grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2010
@nethacker,pls be gentle on us now, at least the fuel is still there but will take a whole day to buy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2010
guydudu:

@nethacker,pls be gentle on us now, at least the fuel is still there but will take a whole day to buy
yea i will take it easy wen u leave tongue tongue
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abuseay(m): 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Nethacker, thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2010
@abuseay
tell us how ur interview went now. . .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abuseay(m): 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2010
[b] I sat patiently awaiting my turn to face the Consular, Alas! It was the Chinese American Woman whose Cubicle was Empty, Mhmmm and I have read about her on this thread, Well, I stood up and approached her cubicle,

Consular: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
Consular: Have you ever been to the USA?
Me: No
Consular: What are you going to do?
Me: To Study for my Doctoral Degree in Chemical Engineering
Consular: How many Schools did U Apply and How many Rejects?
Me: I applied to 2 Schools. Colorado State University and the URI, well the Colorado State University advised that they do not have the required faculty to supervise me, and they are still looking for a suitable match for my Research proposal. But I got accepted to URI.
Consular:Whats ur Research Proposal About?
Me: Well I will be Specializing in Safety Health and Environmental Issues on Oil and Gas Offshore and Onshore Facilites, ( I stopped talking)
Consular: Do U have a Masters Degree?
Me: Yes I do. An MSc Petroleum Technology from the UK.
Consular: When did you graduate?
Me: Oct 2008
Consular: Whats your present job?
Me: Am a Process Engineer
Consular: So who is Sponsoring you?
Me: My Father, (She asked what he does and alll that, ) I told Him he is a University Professor,
Consular: Are you the only Child? Any Siblings? Because the Tutiton Fee on your I-20 is too much, Do u think your father can Support you all through?
Me: I answered YES HE CAN !
Consular: Are you Sure?
Me: YES I am sure
Consular: Can I see his statement?
Me: I gave her , ( Now She flipped through in about 15 seconds and she gave it back to me)
Consular: Started Typing for about 50 seconds after which she gave me the green ticket to go pick up my Visa. and she said GOODLUCK on your Studies.

It was a long Interview, Wish you Guys the Best of God !!!

[/b]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2010
Abuseay:

[b] I sat patiently awaiting my turn to face the Consular, Alas! It was the Chinese American Woman whose Cubicle was Empty, Mhmmm and I have read about her on this thread, Well, I stood up and approached her cubicle,

Me: I applied to 2 Schools. Colorado State University and the URI, well the Colorado State University advised that they do not have the required faculty to supervise me, and they are still looking for a suitable match for my Research proposal. But I got accepted to URI.
Consular:Whats your Research Proposal About?
Me: Well I will be Specializing in Safety Health and Environmental Issues on Oil and Gas Offshore and Onshore Facilites, ( I stopped talking)
Me: My Father, (She asked what he does and alll that, ) I told Him he is a University Professor,
Consular: Are you the only Child? Any Siblings? Because the Tutiton Fee on your I-20 is too much, Do u think your father can Support you all through?
Me: I gave her , ( Now She flipped through in about 15 seconds and she gave it back to me)
Consular: Started Typing for about 50 seconds after which she gave me the green ticket to go pick up my Visa. and she said GOODLUCK on your Studies.

[/b]
That was a brief interview though, Good luck ,
Who's NEXT==============> ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 1:31pm On Jan 23, 2010
Abuseay:

Consular:Whats your Research Proposal About?

[/b]
Congrats bro. I'm also going for an MS/Phd in Chemical Engineering come September. Please like how much did your sponsor have in his account. (I know it's a confidential thingy but just give me a hint.) I don't know if I should use my Uncle's statement or my Dad's company statement. Nethacker, you can also help out.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2010
Superbrain:

Congrats bro. I'm also going for an MS/Phd in Chemical Engineering come September. Please like how much did your sponsor have in his account. (I know it's a confidential thingy but just give me a hint.) I don't know if I should use my Uncle's statement or my Dad's company statement. Nethacker, you can also help out.
trust me baba,ur dad's company statement will be better and make sure u go with all the documents necessary to validate the existence of the company=======>
Need help,dnt go too far, we r here grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Vladmir2: 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
did my first application today for the fall semester.and the long journey has officialy been declared open once more.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by miz4oxley(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2010
Please, I will Like to know If its compulsory to have TOEFL and SAT before applying to US schools, Cos a distant school mate just left and all he's got is just his National Diploma and good working experience from a oil company. Please Advice, ain't desperate about going , But just can't afford to sit for this exams and what If the school waives it, does that mean the consular would ask.Please Good and experienced advicers are needed on this matter. Please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (317)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.