Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,358 members, 7,888,140 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:17 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548884 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2010
Wats up folks?i av applied to a 6 cuny skools in n.y 4 a general freshman addmission nd it is sure i am getting my acceptance letta,pls house wat do i do to get my i 20 form(if i am to pay sme pat of my skool fees to get the i 20 form how will i pay frm western union or a family member in u.s) if am not payin wat will be the next step.wats up gongo aso my naughty pal.somone pls answer me fast.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lotuken(m): 10:25am On Feb 08, 2010
@afrodoc,to answer your question correctly,ur US based sponsor,is he/she a Nigerian or an American? In the case of a Nigerian,it might be a little bit difficult but no hassle, While in the case of an American being your sponsor probably ur spouse or kinda,wow, You have a greater plus for securing your visa easily, It happens to me and my spouse is a Texan so i got mine easily without any strong ties issue, May God see u thru,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 11:17am On Feb 08, 2010
Fenks lotokun,and God bless other people as they answer my question
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lotuken(m): 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2010
@ WARYZ,some schools requires u to pay deposit before your form 1-20 can be issued. All u need is ur form 1- 20,SEVIS fee which is $200 and ur financial account details, You need international passport of course and pay ur visa and appointment fees.See the SEVIS and form 1- 20 are d most important documents u need, Pay ur SEVIS fees and print out d receipt online at least 5days to ur interview, See, these two documents,you will need to show the immigration officer at POE(port of entry) before they can allow u enter the boarder. O boy, once you pass boarder, na him be say you don enta yankee be dat, If not,i no fit shout oo.Back to Murtala. May God grant u ur heart desire in Jesus Name, A big AMEN.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2010
thanks lotuken,did your skool tll you to pay deposit.if my skool does not want me to pay deposit what will they tell me to do to get the i 20.and i eared sevis was 100usd.thanks bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^^sevis is $200 angry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by afrodoc(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2010
Ldales and Lopkuten thanx for ur response.Lokuten he is an uncle but based in the U.S (an engineering prof).however i would like to look for some other source of funding,just in case.Ldales pls how did u go abt the LASG thingy(considering u arent from lagos).that s one avenue i would like to explore,afterall was born and bred in lagos.how did u go abt getting d local govt and oba documents
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2010
gongo-aso
femilangy
nethacker
and others:

Pls is it possible to change sevis fee details if one is still
attending same school.

CSUN is going to postpone my admission till Fall 2010
so i wanna know if i can change d details of d sevis fee i
paid b4 or do i need to pay anoda $200?

Plat where are you now?

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2010
nethacker:

SAGBY shocked shocked where u dey since na? shocked i was almost thinking those babes don despoil u like[b] plat [/b] friend grin grin . @ d bolded , i dnt think pple actually knw how hard it is to study here, in d past,i use to think we dey study for 9ja pass

angry angry angry smh
tsk tsk

@suxes- I dont know the answer to your question, try emailing the Sevis people.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2010
platinumnk:

angry angry angry smh
tsk tsk

@suxes- I dont know the answer to your question, try emailing the Sevis people.
na wa for u ooo, so u get my own time now, well i dey fyt u
suxes2005:

gongo-aso
femilangy
nethacker
and others:

Pls is it possible to change sevis fee details if one is still
attending same school.

CSUN is going to postpone my admission till Fall 2010
so i wanna know if i can change d details of d sevis fee i
paid b4 or do i need to pay anoda $200?

Plat where are you now?

SHALOM
u dont have to pay for another sevis cos its valid for one year, even if u wanna change sch, u beter oyewolejos abt the sch and accomodation,dont think pple will come to ur rescue wen u get to california, so u hv to prepare ur money b4 leaving 9ja.
regards
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ELDERTIMMY: 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2010
My cool greetings to all the member of this forum,am a new member in this foruma and i really like it.Coz i have really benefited through the information here,But there is a question which i want to ask now and i will be very happy to get the reply sooner,this is the question, when you want to apply for the united visa online,there is a column for the payment and they only requested for credit card,and all of us know that they will never accept nigerian credit or debit card,and without fill this column,your application for the visa can never sussful,is there anybody in the house to advise me on what to do?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2010
If my sponsor (Uncle) needs to write a notarized letter to the US Consular, stating his relationship with me and why he is sponsoring my Masters degree. To whom should the letter be addressed? Please, I only need a hint on the recipient's address, that's all. Please, you may write out the address.

I notice that some people, instead of admitting that they do not know the response to a question, they turn around to insult the poster or insult another person who tries to answer the question. This is not good. Even if you consider the question of someone silly, or you consider the response of another as misleading, you do not need to insult anyone. Simply ignore silly questions or try to come down to the level of the poster. This way, you might be able to understand what he/she is saying. You do not have to talk all the time. Also, if you find the response of someone misleading, try to correct it, without insulting anyone. My heart breaks each time I see helpful members of this thread insulting one another.

To me, this is the best thread on Nairaland. You guys, I need not mention all names have been saving lots of Nigerians a lot of money. On this thread, you can easily determine if you are qualified before you apply for visa or not. So many people out there have been wasting their money applying for US visa and and they never get it, because they are not aware of what you guys are saying here . Let's keep this thread moving huh? This is just a digression, and I'm sorry for that. I just feel like expressing my mind.

My question is on the first paragraph. Response please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
4ril:

If my sponsor (Uncle) needs to write a notarized letter to the US Consular, stating his relationship with me and why he is sponsoring my Masters degree. To whom should the letter be addressed? Please, I only need a hint on the recipient's address, that's all. Please, you may write out the address.

I notice that some people, instead of admitting that they do not know the response to a question, they turn around to insult the poster or insult another person who tries to answer the question. This is not good. Even if you consider the question of someone silly, or you consider the response of another as misleading, you do not need to insult anyone. Simply ignore silly questions or try to come down to the level of the poster. This way, you might be able to understand what he/she is saying. You do not have to talk all the time. Also, if you find the response of someone misleading, try to correct it, without insulting anyone. My heart breaks each time I see helpful members of this thread insulting one another.

To me, this is the best thread on Nairaland. You guys, I need not mention all names have been saving lots of Nigerians a lot of money. On this thread, you can easily determine if you are qualified before you apply for visa or not. So many people out there have been wasting their money applying for US visa and and they never get it, because they are not aware of what you guys are saying here . Let's keep this thread moving huh? This is just a digression, and I'm sorry for that. I just feel like expressing my mind.

The embassy's address
ELDERTIMMY:

My cool greetings to all the member of this forum,am a new member in this foruma and i really like it.Coz i have really benefited through the information here,But there is a question which i want to ask now and i will be very happy to get the reply sooner,this is the question, when you want to apply for the united visa online,there is a column for the payment and they only requested for credit card,and all of us know that they will never accept nigerian credit or debit card,and without fill this column,your application for the visa can never sussful,is there anybody in the house to advise me on what to do?
where r u applying from? 9ja or outside 9ja? if na 9ja,i hv nvr seen online payment for visa application, u will pay into a UBA acct
BTW can u copy the url of the website as well as the payment page lipsrsealed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 11:17pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ Nethacker

The embassy's address

Thanks for your prompt response. Of course, I know the letter should be written to the Embassy in that given location. But addressed to whom there? Is it to the Consular General or whom? Are you saying the sponsor should just go ahead and write the embassy address alone in the body of the letter?

For example, you want to apply for your academic transcript. In your transcript application letter, you address it to your school registrar, before you proceed to writing your school address. I am talking about similar thing here, and I'm sorry to bother you more. Thanks!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:29pm On Feb 09, 2010
4ril:

@ Nethacker

Thanks for your prompt response. Of course, I know the letter should be written to the Embassy in that given location. But addressed to whom there? Is it to the Consular General or whom? Are you saying the sponsor should just go ahead and write the embassy address alone in the body of the letter?

For example, you want to apply for your academic transcript. In your transcript application letter, you address it to your school registrar, before you proceed to writing your school address. I am talking about similar thing here, and I'm sorry to bother you more. Thanks!
Consular general,
Embassy of The United states of america
2 walter carrington crescent,Victoria island
Lagos
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 4:37am On Feb 10, 2010
@ Nethacker

Consular general,
Embassy of The United states of america
2 walter carrington crescent,Victoria island
Lagos

Thanks for your prompt reply. I feel you!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:19am On Feb 10, 2010
4ril:

@ Nethacker

Thanks for your prompt reply. I feel you!
no wahala, u r welcome wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2010
nethacker,

thanks for the concern, oyewole already told me much about that place,
no one is ready to look ur eyes and u r OYO.

Anyways, with God all fings are possible.
So how do i go abour it then?

Tnx plat for the concern.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:08am On Feb 10, 2010
suxes2005:

nethacker,

thanks for the concern, oyewole already told me much about that place,
no one is ready to look your eyes and u r OYO.

Anyways, with God all fings are possible.
So how do i go abour it then?

Tnx plat for the concern.

SHALOM
@ d bolded,i acknowledge dat fact but u also have to plan first if u want that to work ok? wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:04am On Feb 10, 2010
nethacker:

@ d bolded,i acknowledge dat fact but u also have to plan first if u want that to work ok? wink

Sure, at least i now know little
about Cali from oyewole.

So i'm preparin well,

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ldales(m): 10:25am On Feb 11, 2010
@ Afrodoc, To be sincere, for me to say this and this is the way to go about it, i would be lying, I just got the requisite papers together, and applied, and God did the rest. As for the Local Govt letter and Oba's letter, i remember that at the time, a family friend was working at the local government, and then, he introduced me to the Oba in my area and that was it, but beyond all of these, the God factor cannot be overemphasized.

@House
I intend to write my TOEFL before the month runs out, but i hear its not like the GMAT exam, where you are allowed to print an unofficial score report first, before the official one is sent to you, and considering that i would be going to the embassy in March,and the result wouldn't have arrive then, what are your suggestions. moreso, the school waived it as part of my admission requirements.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2010
@ Ldales, If you registered for the exam online with a Mastercard or Visacard, then you should have an online profile. If you don't have one already, then create one at www.toefl.org. I could view my scores online 11 working days after I took the test. You can also print the unofficial and use for the embassy interview. Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ldales(m): 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2010
Thanks bro, you are a life saver,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ldales(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
BTW Superbrain, were you able to make payment online from here?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yeah, though it is clearly stated on the ETS website that online payments from Nigeria are not accepted. I used a Skye bank pre-paid Visacard. The online payment method is faster and you get to see your scores online before you receive your official score report.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lotuken(m): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2010
@4ril,does it really matter if ur uncle writes a Notarized letter stating ur relationship with him? The consular officer ask this question verbally and not in writing. Anyway,you may want to have that as a leverage ok. Good luck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by miz4oxley(m): 1:31pm On Feb 12, 2010
Uh, Please anybody here in the house, Help me out, I've got my Diploma here in Nigeria and hope to go study in the US, All i want ios please help me get a school you know don't accept TOEFL cos I know some schools ont and guys have gotten visas without it. Please help me out.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 4:58pm On Feb 12, 2010
miz4oxley

check www.csun.edu

dey dont require toefl nor sat

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sunboy(m): 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2010
Guys help me out oo. I got an email from the school (NAU) that i should scan and attach copy of my transcript and financial support. Is the transcript samething as the secondary school testimonial ? or i have to go to my school to ask for a transcript, somebody help me pleaseeeeeeee, Nethacker, u started with me and its hard to get online on yahoo, help me pleaseeeeee
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 2:28am On Feb 13, 2010
suboy come down.
i gues he is busy and he'l come
and attend to you soon.

u were asked to scan and send ur results
to them same fing as transcript.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lotuken(m): 7:34am On Feb 13, 2010
@sunboy, d first step you need is to send ur transcript to them which your school must send officially, Have they asked for evalutation of your result? Hurry up and do what is necessary.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lotuken(m): 8:06am On Feb 13, 2010
@miz4oxley California State University demand Toefl. The exception is for those that attended colleges or university in US. I'll advice u Extend ur search orizon to other schools. Goodluck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.