Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,088 members, 7,916,163 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:45 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (550184 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2010
Its like oyewole is fast becoming a tyrant here on this thread, @oyewole,u knw say na bside me u dey, y u dey do like them cribs guys? grin grin iyawo e nko?
KK and DP grin grin grin grin
Femilangy,gongo aso : ur boy oyewole don marry ooo, him get like 5 gurls 4 cali .them wan kill am sef .he remain small dem for rape am grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 9:44pm On Mar 24, 2010
@suxes2005

Even my school CSUN has toefl waiver
but at the embassy d guy asked for it
and i said my school waived it, so he said
he can he ascertain that i understand english?

Anyways, TOEFL is N30, 000 (26, 425 to ETS)
and the person registering for u will collect
extra charge making it 30k. You need to write the
ibt like 5 hrs or so. It not that hard

SHALOM

Thanks so much. I am really very grateful
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ nethacker

Really!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oyewole no kill your self oh,but come to think of it,he be like say u go pass one of dem damsels to me,maybe 2 wink wink wink wink I AM CAPABLE
Enjoy bro!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2010
femilangy:

@ nethacker

Oyewole no kill your self oh,but come to think of it,he be like say u go pass one of dem damsels to me,maybe 2 wink wink wink wink I AM CAPABLE
hahahah grin grin i think say u be pastor, me no dey do dat kind thing oo i am innocent, my madam(plat)go cut of my head) grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jerryland: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2010
@Oyewol, and all, Cant still see any slot on the website, even for April for Abuja embassy. It keeps showing me only March and note below is says, ~no interview date are available at this time' SOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 9:51am On Mar 25, 2010
jerryland:

@Oyewol, and all, Cant still see any slot on the website, even for April for Abuja embassy. It keeps showing me only March and note below is says, ~no interview date are available at this time' SOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

When hope is lost, try faith!

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lad1000: 11:06am On Mar 25, 2010
Please does anybody has any tangible information,requirements ,application deadline of Bronx Community College,New york,America.I'll like to hear back as your response is of great importance to me.Thanksss.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jerryland: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2010
@Suxes2005, I love that so much, It really pushed me to the next level, believe me faith is at work now!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2010
nethacker:

Its like oyewole is fast becoming a tyrant here on this thread, @oyewole,u knw say na bside me u dey, y u dey do like them cribs guys? grin grin iyawo e nko?
KK and DP grin grin grin grin
Femilangy,gongo aso : your boy oyewole don marry ooo, him get like 5 gurls 4 cali .them wan kill am sef .he remain small dem for despoil am grin grin

Please o na Gang City i dey o no cause wahala for me.Cribs is forbidden here cos of BIGG so most gangs here are NK nad Blood.2PAC is blood so blood rules L.A.Cribs can talk in the east Coast but not in the West here lol.

Na u be the officiating Pastor grin.
The Kokolettes are just there for themselves jare
Who on earth would despoil me if not myself?

how ya side and the OH girl now?
Keep it real bro.
femilangy:

@ nethacker

Oyewole no kill your self oh,but come to think of it,he be like say u go pass one of dem damsels to me,maybe 2 ;) wink wink wink I AM CAPABLE
I can pass it to u if u can come for the April 10th Timaya,Bracket and JMartins show here in L.A. Girls go plenty like water so come and pick ya size.
But L.A girls like weed and alcohol o so u gat to be ready.
One luv Bro

jerryland:

Wait till when they open slots for April now.They can't open slot for another month when the present month is still opened.Wait for them to open April

lad1000:

Please does anybody has any tangible information,requirements ,application deadline of Bronx Community College,New york,America.I'll like to hear back as your response is of great importance to me.Thanksss.
The last time i checked google i believe is still free so go to the sch web and get all the info u need cos nobody here would have such info when he/she is not the admission officer.Since u know the name of the sch check their web through Google and get all their info.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 2:49am On Mar 26, 2010
Can anyone give me info about these questions please?

Assuming I am admitted for fall 2010, but for new developments in my place of work, I would not be able to make it at fall. Then I decide to defer my admission till spring 2011. My Questions

(1) What is the procedure for deferring an admission
(2) Would thesame I-20 issued at fall 2010 be useful at spring?
(3) If the Consular finds out that I defer my admission from fall to spring the following year; what would be the consequence on my application? Any adverse effect because of that?

I am asking these questions because I have been approved for fall 2010. But it's likely I defer it till spring 2011 (just 4 months in between).

Please, I need an advice. I'm I about to do the right thing?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:15am On Mar 26, 2010
4ril:

Assuming I am admitted for fall 2010, but for new developments in my place of work, I would not be able to make it at fall. Then I decide to defer my admission till spring 2011. My Questions

(3) If the Consular finds out that I defer my admission from fall to spring the following year; what would be the consequence on my application? Any adverse effect because of that?

I am asking these questions because I have been approved for fall 2010. But it's likely I defer it till spring 2011 (just 4 months in between).

to ur questions
1) Just send a mail to d int'l admissions co ordinator.
2) No. Another I-20 would be sent to u.
3)The consular has no business in ur admission processes.
Simple as dat.Hope dat answers all ur questions wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by IBLIVE: 5:24am On Mar 26, 2010
Just curious has anyone seen any impact of the Christmas terror attack on awarding student visa to nigerian students?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:38am On Mar 26, 2010
IBLIVE:

Just curious has anyone seen any impact of the Christmas terror attack on awarding student visa to nigerian students?
na u attack them? or ur name be mutallab?or r u anyway related to mutallab, those consulars no send u o.3 of my friends got their visas like 10days ago and was told to go pick it up when it's 120days to school's resumption date, Jst be urself and go EARLY b4 April ending
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by IBLIVE: 6:43am On Mar 26, 2010
nethacker:

na u attack them? or your name be mutallab?or r u anyway related to mutallab, those consulars no send u o.3 of my friends got their visas like 10days ago and was told to go pick it up when it's 120days to school's resumption date, Jst be urself and go EARLY b4 April ending

LOL, not me just my friends. I just want to find out if ppl are feeling the brunt
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ 4ril,

Just a recap on what nethacker said,you will also need to send you sponsors updated bankstatement to the school.
Hope this helps.
All da best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 1:25am On Mar 27, 2010
Hello everyone, pls I need your advice.
I am trying to decide between two schools that gave me admission.While I am making my decision, can I collect the i 20 from the 2 schools, will it affect me in any way?
A friend said something like : the i 20 form has the sevis number and i can only have one sevis number at a time, guys pls i need ur help , Someone pls reply, Thanks for your time
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:42am On Mar 27, 2010
2gd:

Hello everyone, pls I need your advice.
I am trying to decide between two schools that gave me admission.While I am making my decision, can I collect the i 20 from the 2 schools, will it affect me in any way?
A friend said something like : the i 20 form has the sevis number and i can only have one sevis number at a time, guys pls i need your help , Someone pls reply, Thanks for your time
choose only one school cos u can only pay sevis fee per number per school, so decide and choose any of the school wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2010
@ nethacker

to your questions
1) Just send a mail to d int'l admissions co ordinator.
2) No. Another I-20 would be sent to u.
3)The consular has no business in your admission processes.
Simple as dat.Hope dat answers all your questions

Thanks so much!

@ femilangy

Just a recap on what nethacker said,you will also need to send you sponsors updated bankstatement to the school.
Hope this helps.
All da best

Thanks for the information. I am really very grateful.

But the bank statement I gave them, is just three months old. I sent it in January. I thought only bank statement beyond six months old would not be acceptable. Are you insisting that I shall need another bank statement? I don't mean to bother you. I just want to ensure I do the right thing. Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2010
@ 4ril

Yeah u sent then a bankstatement that is 3 months old,remember in 4 months time that bankstatement would be obsolete,and they wont be able to determine ur current financial standing,so i advice u defer ur admission,send them the updated bankstatement in like 2 months time so they can prepare ur new i-20.

Let me know if this helps, and keep us updated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2010
@femilangy

Yeah u sent then a bankstatement that is 3 months old,remember in 4 months time that bankstatement would be obsolete,and they wont be able to determine your current financial standing,so i advice u defer your admission,send them the updated bankstatement in like 2 months time so they can prepare your new i-20.

Let me know if this helps, and keep us updated.

Thanks so much. Surely, I will keep you updated. Actually, I am supposed to speak with my graduate counselor about the procedures. You know whatever my graduate counselor says, would be heard by me alone. I deliberately post the questions here, so that others in my shoes would learn from what you guys are saying. You are all doing a great job. Keep it up! I will definitely keep you guys updated as this goes.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
Please help.

I will be 23 by august.I have made all necessary preparations as regards the visa appointment inclusive of interview date for may 5th applying for fall 2010 semester.I have the followin docs and wish to knw u guys take on it

1. I-20 form
2. SEVIS reciept
3. Admission letter
4. Letter of Sponsor(aunty who is my mum's sister who is a permanent resident in the US)
5. Bank statement of sponsor(mostly shares and stocks)
6. SAT and TOEFL scores
7.School Transcripts

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2010
vandops:

Please help.

I will be 23 by august.I have made all necessary preparations as regards the visa appointment inclusive of interview date for may 5th applying for fall 2010 semester.I have the followin docs and wish to knw u guys take on it

1. I-20 form
2. SEVIS reciept
3. Admission letter
4. Letter of Sponsor(aunty who is my mum's sister who is a permanent resident in the US)
5. Bank statement of sponsor(mostly shares and stocks)
6. SAT and TOEFL scores
7.School Transcripts

you are good to go. the only thing needed is YOU.
be in the right frame of mind and you will be given a visa.
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2010
vandops:

Please help.

1. I-20 form
2. SEVIS reciept
3. Admission letter
5. Bank statement of sponsor[b](mostly shares and stocks[/b])
6. SAT and TOEFL scores
7.School Transcripts

I reserve my comments on the bolded part cos i don't wanna break your highly fragile heart.
Go with God and he would do wonders cos is a covenant keeping God
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ vandops

You might have a problem.If you are able to find a Nigerian/non US-based sponsor, that will be better.Letting a consular officer know that you have people in US that are citizens/permanent residents on its own & based on their law can lead to refusal.Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:31am On Mar 30, 2010
@gongo aso, thanx bro!!

@oyewolejos, felt the same way when the documents were sent, the things is, she has 3 different statements, $36000, $28,000 and $16000 respectively for the three statements and my fees frm the school is $23,000 considering that i wont be staying on campus but at her residence which is just a 30mins drive to the school, what do u think about that?

@aroy1, been trying to look up for available sponsors but most don't really have the needed amount in bank statement right here in nigeria, thot of the idea and also making my aunt lyk a co-sponsor but so far no sponsor yet dou my mum runs a primary school so thinking about using the landed properties documents as well
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hi everyone, Is it possible to combine like 3 to 5 different bank statemts to make up the amount needed to show that one can pay for the school fees?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:18pm On Mar 30, 2010
@2gd

Which means 3-5 pple r paying for ur
school fee abi?

Sounds funny!

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ayosco2008(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2010
please can anyone tell me how i can pay application fees frm nigeria
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dearstan(m): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
Hi All,

I would like to quickly confirm if one can still schedule an appointment for the abuja embassy, even though application documents such as bank statements were addressed to the lagos embassy?

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bongabiz(m): 4:00am On Apr 05, 2010
Hi everyone,
Pls has anybody had any luck with SEVIS payment using Nigerian debitcards, eg, Zenith visacard, GTB mastercard?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2010
bongabiz:

Hi everyone,
Pls has anybody had any luck with SEVIS payment using Nigerian debitcards, eg, Zenith visacard, GTB mastercard?

u better dnt try it cos sevis dnt accept cards again. . . na only money order
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bongabiz(m): 8:16am On Apr 05, 2010
@nethacker: Pls how does one go about the money order for SEVIS.
Is it available from any Nigerian bank?

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.