Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,946 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548336 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2010
khunleah, mine comes up on the 5th of may in lagos also. list of docs wit me are;

I-20
Sevis Reciept
DS-160 Confirmation Printout
Interview Appointment Letter
MRV reciept
Letter of Admission from school
Passport Photograph (both colored nd black/white)
SAT & TOEFL Results
School Testimonial
Transcripts
Int'l Passport
Letter of Sponsorship from sponsor
Sponsor's financial document

well thats all i got on me, admitted at University of Maryland, Baltimore County(UMBC)

so what documents you have?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 7:20am On Apr 19, 2010
vandops, am still gethering my docs, i av paid all neccessary dues can u drop ur fone number my interview is on the 11th of may, we need to talk
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2010
ok, 07065559883, vandops20@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 10:36am On Apr 19, 2010
@ vandops

I expect you to find convincing answers to:

1) Why are you just starting an undergraduate degree at 23?
2)Since you have US permanent resident relative(s), how can you assure me you are coming back to Nigeria?

You should get your visa.Let me know how it goes.Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
@vandops, that shud be a gud question u nid to ansa, anyway am sure we will get the visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2010
@femilangy,
sup, how are your preparation for exams going. hope kool. I have applied online and paid the $40, requested for transcripts for school and evaluation agency (although av not paid the fee for evaluation yet) I have also sent the application materials to the college of graduate studies by courier today. (including goals statement, CV, immunization, financial, ) I dont know if you can help me push buttons at the IT department as I told you that my GRE scores were low grin grin.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
Mr Indomie, thanks, middle name is Oluwa(something smiley) The L was omitted and it reads Ouwa. .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2010
hey guys, i just got admitted recently into jhu, my gre scores were 1330, i got admitted for the mph and mba programme, however my passport bears TAIWO ADEFEMI, which are my first names and my last names, however my cert and most of my other docs include my middle name FOPEFOLUWA,,,does this count against me, what can i do, pls help, esp @gongo aso, if hes still here and the oda gurus, thanks guys,  Plus i cant even find my birth cert,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 12:12am On Apr 20, 2010
@ all with mistakes in their names

It is important that your full names (and date of birth) are uniform throughout in all your documents.Note that "Collins" & "Colins" are different names when it comes to consular matters.Inconsistencies in your names on its own is enough for visa refusal;more, it can cause deportation at the port of entry.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 12:46am On Apr 20, 2010
Well what can i do about it, there arent mistakes , its just that i didnt include my middle name fopefoluwa in my passport,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 12:51am On Apr 20, 2010
I didnt include my middle name in my passport thats all, can someone pls offer me a way aout of this im going crazy here,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 7:30am On Apr 20, 2010
@femiflukis

Trust me, not including your middle name makes you 2 different individuals.Try and get the error corrected in your passport.You should be able to get that done at the Nigerian immigration office in Abuja depending on the type you have.I believe it is the best solution.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2010
On the 160 form .its ays there tht u shud include names that arent on ur passport by writing FNU.i thot that was to cater for omitted middle names.pls reply
Help: Surnames

Enter all surnames as listed in your passport. If only one name is listed in your passport, enter that Surname.
Help: Given Names

If your passport does not include a given name, please enter 'FNU' in Given Names.
This was on the passport page 160 form
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:53am On Apr 20, 2010
aroy1, good question, well as for what il tell the consular, i tried getting admission for my course of study here in Nigeria but without success and my parents thought it will be wise to try the US besides i have been taking professional courses as relates to my course major and also been working ever since,

hw does dat sound or any input?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 8:15am On Apr 20, 2010
@vandops

Post your detailed educational & professional histories here since you finished secondary school.It's then I can offer some inputs.How do you answer d 2nd question?

@Femifluiks

Based on my very rich experience, I have told you what I feel is the best.But you don't necessarily have to agree with me.Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2010
aroy, ok, got a diploma in computer engineering(2003). anoda in desktop publishing(2004), HND in software engineering form Aptech (2005 - 2006)

work experience

Network support admin in a cyber cafe (2004)

Webmaster, Telnet Nigeria Limited - www.telnetng.com(2007 - 2008)

Webmaster and IT manager, Clearedge Nigeria Limited - www.clearedgemedia.com, www.nigerigovts.com(2008 till present)

As for the second question

well if asked, would tell the counselor that the sole aim for my going to the US is to study for my BSc and not to work there, moreover i hav many obligation towards my family, bin the 1st born must return to take care of them and there are untapped market potential in Nigeria (though dis will be said in summary so as to kip it short and simple)

So what do you think?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 8:32am On Apr 20, 2010
@ aroy, i understand where your coming from, and it makes absolute sense , how long does it take to make the correction, do u have any idea by any chance?, thank you, ps if i make changes to my new paaport does that render my old one useless since it has taiwo adefemi on it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oformarigo: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2010
visit http://www.fngcenter.com/visa-counseling-in-nigeria/ You'll get all the information needed there.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lovinboi(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2010
hey NL, plz i have this challenge of getting an affordable school in the states. i want to enroll for a MBA finance programme and all the school i av googled up are requesting for $50k and i read sumwer on NL dat i could get a fees within the range of $10K-$15K
please help me out by giving me infor on cheap tuition schools in the states, many thanxs
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:24pm On Apr 20, 2010
Hello Gurus in the house I hail all of una!
Please is there a thread for choosing what schools to attend in the US and explanation for the admission process? Or is everything all jammed up in this one visa enquiry thread?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
@femilangy, nethacker, and other gurus
@all that have successfully scaled the american consulate

Can a fixed deposit account be used to apply for a visa i.e be taken to the visa interview? Is it accepted at the consulate? as proof of funds?
I need an urgent reply, thanks, all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 9:32pm On Apr 20, 2010
@freeman07

A current account is much better.By definition, the money is easily available which is what the embassy needs to be assured of.

@femifluiks

If you have the e-passport, erros(s) can only be corrected at the Nigerian Immigration headquarter in Abuja.They will collect the present one with mistake(s) when you are issued the updated one.If you have the old passport, correction(s) can easily be done by applying for a new passport which will definitely be electronic.But ensure your updated details are what you supply when making the application.

@vandops
You should be fine.Keep your answers related to questions being asked, dress well, look him/her straight, and don't sound desperate.Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 5:52am On Apr 21, 2010
smiley Thanks aroy1 ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 5:55am On Apr 21, 2010
aroy1, whats ur yahoo id mayb we could chat, mine is vandops20
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2010
On d ds 160 form I fill online,I didn't upload my passport and I av submitted it, Hope dat will nt affect my interview? Also it trust dat the school has send the account statement which I apply wiv to d embassy?kindly reply to dis
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 4:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
hello every1,after confirmation and submission of the ds 160, can some1 fill another one?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2010
khunleah:

On d ds 160 form I fill online,I didn't upload my passport and I av submitted it, Hope dat will nt affect my interview? Also it trust dat the school has send the account statement which I apply wiv to d embassy?kindly reply to dis
@khunleah, the embassy/consulate in Nigeria doesnt require uploaded photos, A physical passport must be brought with you to the interview

@aroy
@all
can i use a fixed deposit account with a confirmation from the bank that the money will be readily available? Is there anyone in the house that has used only a fixed deposit to secure a visa?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
@vandops

I hardly chat.But if you want my email, I can give you.

@freeman

Ideally, you should use current account.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 1:06am On Apr 22, 2010
@femifluks.

we have much more in common than u can imagine,
Nairaland doesnt have facilities for private messages.I wanted to tell u some stuff.

I also have an error o.From my findings i have to travel to abuja, How annoying is that?

During my ssce i as told my midle name was too long. so i had to chose a shorter name. i used my oriki.

so now, my birth cert and prim school cert have my original name and middle name.
my ssce and all certs after, have my name and my oriki,

so therefore when making my passport, i decided to put all d names dia.so no one will say i am bringin a fake birth cert, or my ssce cert doesnt belong to me,
Recently i discovered the mistake in my middle name on my passport,
am so annoyed, and Hopks time is comin soon, u get my drift?

with what ppl are saying now about if u have a difft names it means u are a difft person.does that mean one cannot travel again?in my life? cos there is no way i can get anoda birth certificate, or another prim school cert? d whole thin don tire me sef.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 1:13am On Apr 22, 2010
MY YAHOO ID IS femiflukist@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 1:14am On Apr 22, 2010
@oriki, my yahoo name is femiflukist u can add me,,,maybe we can chat a lil bit, im online now, lemme know
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 6:55am On Apr 22, 2010
Post Removed

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (317)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.