Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,726 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:34 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (264098 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2009
@ micro, u better appease the deities of fta to have a hitch-free tracking.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 8:15am On Sep 07, 2009
PLEASE ALL,i WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF CARD SPLITTER CAN WORK ON DSTV CARD.THANKS TO ALL.YOU GUY ARE VDOING GREAT JOBS.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 07, 2009
On the early morning of friday morning, after being fed up with the incessant picture freezing of CRTV i looked at my neglected strong box which was faulty in detecting signal. I plugged it on and voila the signal turned green. What happened for the resurrection i dont really know. The crtv picture on the strong box was so smooth. And since i have a signal splitter switch, i just splitted the astra2b signal into my former eurostar box and the strong. I made sure all the stations on the strong box to be on v pol while that of eurostar has h pol. And i was able to watch the stations simultaneously.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:45am On Sep 07, 2009
@adewest

once motorized, someone says the 4m dish might not be able to receive showsport again because of the movement of the dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2009
Olofofo, u wan motorised 4m dish? With my little knowledge on satellite, i will strongly advice against it. Thats my one penny advice.
@ usher, if u hav the original it will definitely work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2009
@litanaija
hei bros, please I would be glad if you can reach me on onlyshehu@yahoo.com
so I can add you to my yahoo chat.
plaesssssss!
thank
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2009
@ enitan
please i need a compass. can you be of help?
I stay in abj, and Iv browsed the market here. men nothing here o.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2009
olofofo:

@adewest

once motorized, someone says  the 4m dish might not be able to receive showsport again because of the movement of the dish.
[/quote

@ Olofofo,
In the making of gigantic fiber dish like 4m and above,once all the frame work is properly welded very very firmly before the final fabrication and using the right pole mount ranging from 4 inches pipes and above, for it might interest you to know that the bigger the pipe the better the sitting of giant-dish with ability of withstanding the cross wind be it enormous or minor that could alter the actual elevation of the reflecting dish. Once this is achieved, reception is well guarantee on the  motorize setup. If motorizing a 4m dish baffles you how will 7m sounds to you in motorizing.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ spaceman, is it the electronics one compatible with mobile phones or the mechanical type? If its the former u need, just provide me with ya mail address. If its the latter, i think i can help. Get across to me via sms.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2009
pitodenz:

@ George D
Follow adewest instruction and see how it goes. But i think u may end boosting Horizontal signals thereby loosing channels in Verticals tps like pulse,eatv and the rest. Just give it a try first and if it did work out for you look for the strong lnb i mentioned.
On ftb. I think is not a bad idea to pay for yf later than to be a free user. Reasons re
1. No hourly disconnection
2. Increase in bandwith(you can watch many fta online without freezing)
3. It very cheap compare to all our providers.
4. Its still ftb cos you re not paying any provider
5. You can enter any site no matter the restriction(very good for hackers)
For your info its the yellow guys that upgraded,has nothing to do with yf guys. I manage to still get a loop hole ip after very long hours of pinging. This is the fastest internet connection i ever use,imagine watching sky sports and over 1000 channels from net for free. But u ve to get 3g to speed up.
@Pitodenz,
can you help me with the configuration of yr frd on Mtn . What bandwidth can i pay for to be able to watch fta online without freezing.I have gone thru their website and found out there are many packages ranging from 64kbit/s to unlimited.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ All
      I wan my fellow N/L to know that yf still rocks with a new ip and settings. If u need it contact me. Its only one ip loop hole from yellow guys now so must not be made public. If i dont know u i may not give it to u.
               LETS KEEP THE FORUM ALIVE.
@ Enitan
           I think the ip is working well now,since saturday. Remember to secure it cos yellow guys re at work,they ve blocked so many ip i ve used. This is the only one that succeeded for more than 24hrs. I LL txt it to you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2009
@pitodenz,
Keep up the good work. I'll certainly try out what adewest suggested and if it works
I'll let you know. If not maybe I'll have to settle for the K5 STRONG lnb.

About that yf stuff, looks like I'm not enjoying that my low profile 3g phone at all o!
I didn't notice any difference in speed when using it compared to 3110c. Either it's
not working as supposed or there's no 3G in my area.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2009
@microgiant,
Take heart. The everyday rain seems to be beating a gradual retreat and
very soon it'll be bright skies! The happy days of FTA tracking is fast around
the corner! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ spaceman, got ya message and the hunt has started right away.
@ pit, counting on u.
@ george, to have 3g on ya phone, if u are using nokia, go to settings, then to phone, then to network. You will have 3 options there, dual, umts and gsm. Gsm is for 2.5g and below, while umts is for 3g. So select the umts option whenever u want the 3g connection. If its available in ya location, u will see the strength bars and the pole will change to 3g. Bon chance.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by kentonira: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2009
Just want 2 say thank u 2 all d FTA gurus in d house,i appreciate all i have gained from this forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2009
@enitan,
Thanks. In my phone config, it's already selected: Dual. Meaning both gsm and umts.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
@adewest,
Reference the picture below for my 3-in-1 lnb set up posted here in march.
I'm still looking for a way to make a proper 3 lnb holder. As you can see all
this tape and wire tying together of the lnb does not appear professional
at all. Besides it may require climbing up frequently to re-tie them when they
become loose as a result of wind.

Any idea how I can make a proper 3 lnb holder that will stand the test of time?
Or maybe you can post pictures of yours for me to take to the welder?

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ kentonira, we need ur contributions too. We may also learn from u. We should all be ready to step into the shoes of major contributors, cos those that you see here today you may see them no more. So no matter how small it is, yur quota is needed.
@ george, to be on the safer side, u av to be on a specified option.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2009
@pito,
Just to prove you're right. Check the above picture and scroll to your extreme
right. You'll see the offending MTN mast in the background!

@enitan,
Copy that. I'll select umts then instead of dual. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2009
@enitan2002
Pls i need the electronics compatible with mobile phones, pls i'll be gratefull, Im using Nokia E51
I was unable to finish my installation because of compass on Staurday
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2009
Enitan, ol u mis o! Baba took me on tutorials and actually set my eyes on how to nail Hotbird using a simple advanced technic, though dis was not his first at getting. My Skylife hd is wat Baba is trying to solve d pasword issue. got a new feed on nss7 dt shows , would giv u dt at d bakyard. later
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2009
Ifende, those info would soon get to u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2009
lynksman, would get bak to you once d code issue has been resolved.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
Richie, tanks 4 d cals concerning d issue of etv, looking forward to seeing u in Nigeria.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ ola, what info do u av on etv? Is that feed on c and ku?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2009
any hope on etv? Frequency, feed or code on 7/10?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ zenus, it will seems one is planning to build a castle in the air. Send me ya mail address and u will get that compass tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2009
All,pls anyone with the daarsat box confirm if this frp 11675 V 30000 ìs working on the daarbox thats for those connected to daarsat,I also notice that the usb at the back is for output,did anyone notice that you can not delete channels on that box.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by badaru1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2009
@George D and all

Am having similar problem with concerning C-band interference. Mine come from two directions-one is the mtn mast and the other one is internet antena on top of my building. Once my neighbour is browsing, all my c-band channels will start t scratching.

On saturday I lay my hands on strong k5 and k4. The k5 gave almost the same signal with my old supermax after changing the polarisation. With the instalation complete, I notice significant improvement on the scratching. So, we have to keep researching for the solution.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2009
Greetings 2 u all da gurus in dis forum,pls i'l lik 2 make one request&it goes 2 ennybro.Cud u pls drp ur celphne numb/ur mail add?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ badaru/george, the cause of this is mere interference. Thats one of the shortcomings of c-band freq. This is due to the fact that the freq at which those unwanted signals operate is almost the same with the sat lnb freq signal. If such happens that means the ISP is operating on same c-band signal as the lnb operates. People very close to radio xmitters stations like FRCN suffer most. Every hobbies have its own shortcomings, this one of it. We have to live it, no solution. The solution is getting a well protected lnb against such interference.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2009
The issue with the mast is nt the mast itself, there're some equipment also in that container that generates some signals, it is this that causes that problem. But this signal freq is independent of the mtn network signal, it doesnt travel as far as the intended signal,so it is people that live at a close perimeter to such sites that experience this. Cos if it shld be d mast, then everyone wit c-band will xperience that cos where is it that we wont get mtn signal? Just a food for thought.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.