Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:38 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (265230 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 08, 2009
Oga twins, Get across to biggjoe to start the season 4 but should still be locked so that whenever this season is done with we can move over with the first and welcoming post to the new season being biggjoe's, cos he's the pioneer. I wonder where most of us will be or what will be the order of the day in satellite world when we are in season 20? Just a thought.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 08, 2009
@ ola, something came across my mind now. In a computer in which its bootsetup is passworded i.e u have to enter a password at its bootsetup so to be able to proceed to windows setup, can be opened without u knowing d password. If a computer system unit is opened, there are several jumpers on the motherboard each having a specific code identification. To hack into such system, u need to find a specific jumper, its code which i wont release cos of security. So, the point is get across to oga badaru to open up that decoder, to look for any jumper connection on the board, if its there such jumper should be removed. If luck is on our side, it will surely work. Guys with other decoders should check out theirs, my strong box has two jumpers on its board.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 08, 2009
In addition, the more advanced is the technology behind the decoder, the less likely one come across such jumpers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2009
@ George D K5 lnb is very good i know. Infact is the lnb that works well in ph main city. You can also use pauxis c band lnb if u re lucky and it works for u, u ll tag it the best cos it is a copy of supermax and strong lnb,boost signal very well. @ segunfms how can i contact u for dvb s usb. Hope u got a full version codec.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:14am On Sep 08, 2009
@ usher8701

Yes you can split the dstv card with any of the available card splitters.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 08, 2009
@ fofo, tualeh for you. If no be say yur abode dey too far, i for dey check on u. If another state is to be created out of lagos, am dead sure your location will fall victim. Abi na lie?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 9:28am On Sep 08, 2009
tottenham vs live on viasat1
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
@chuks101,,,u avn't replied my query,,@all,anyone experiencing a signal problem wit AFNEX1&2?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by arsenal1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2009
pitodenz:

@ George D K5 lnb is very good i know. Infact is the lnb that works well in ph main city. You can also use pauxis c band lnb if u re lucky and it works for u, u ll tag it the best cos it is a copy of supermax and strong lnb,boost signal very well. @ segunfms how can i contact u for dvb s usb. Hope u got a full version codec.

@ pito
Have you tried k6 and k7 or never heard of it. well it performs better than k5 but it's still scarce in the market. try to get one and compare it's perfomance with k5.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2009
@pitodenz,
No wahala. I will check it out and see how it goes.
Badaru also said something about the K5 STRONG yesterday.

@arsenal1,
Are you sure of this K6 and K7 you're talking about?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2009
@adewest,
I'm still waiting for your suggestions on the best way to go about that
three in one lnb holder for my COMSTAR dish. The present arrangement
of tying them with wires is not looking professional at all.
Check page 144 for the picture.

Just a reminder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2009
http://www.satbeams.com/satellites

http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?beam=5679

It's like this site will be good for us as new to installation
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2009
George_D:

@adewest,
I'm still waiting for your suggestions on the best way to go about that
three in one lnb holder for my COMSTAR dish. The present arrangement
of tying them with wires is not looking professional at all.
Check page 144 for the picture.

Just a reminder.

@ George_D,
i guess is something u can figure out on your own otherwise just take careful look at the way those 2c-band were siting on that scaller (LNB HOLDER).Get same copy of the scaller and buy a clip seize of 60-65mm,position the scaller on the ground and paste the clip on the scaller then use a pencil to mark out the way the C- LNB are suppose to be sitting on the scaller. On marking, get a hack saw and cut out the mark part,please note that this mark parts represent the position where the LNB is to b placed. You will now need a welding machine or gas welding depending on the metallic element the of d scaller, gently tag this clips within this cut part and you good to go my brother.You can always raise me for any further inquiries. All the best

FM UR PICTURE ON PAGE 144,THAT MAST IS ABOUT A 100 METERS AWAY FM YOUR DISH,AM OF THE OPTIMISTIC THAT SOMETHING ELSE DIFFERENT FROM UR THINKING IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE WACKO JACKO LIKE HI-TENSION ELECTRICITY MAY BE OOOOO.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ Enitan,
ai beg you tell me your story. Were you born at ogbomosho because u like story no be small.

@ All the Muslim brothers on the forum,
BARAKATUL RAMADAN.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by okenze2003(m): 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2009
Please i want to know if Daarsat on Intelsat 907 at 27.5 degree west, which  beams spot 1 and spot 2 is free.
Also i want to know the meaning of spot 1 and 2
Please i need the help of every member in the house who knows to assist
Thanks for anticipated reply.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by arsenal1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2009
@George
If I am not sure, you wouldn't have seen the info on the thread. Ask pito
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
adewest:

@ Enitan,
ai beg you tell me your story. Were you born at ogbomosho because u like story no be small.

@ All the Muslim brothers on the forum,
BARAKATUL RAMADAN.

I was born to a father from Ijebu and Niger-delta mother (benin to be precise), your guess aint right afterall.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2009
okenze2003:

Please i want to know if Daarsat on Intelsat 907 at 27.5 degree west and it beams spot 1 and spot 2 is free.
Also i want to know the meaning of spot 1 and 2
Please i need the help of every member in the house who knows to assist
Thanks for anticipated reply.

to know such beam spots, just click on them, and a coverage map will be displayed showing the area covered.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
@all, do u notice that mbc 1 and 2 on w3a is now stable with 90cm dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2009
@b pit, the stuff worked perfectly, merci beaucoup!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by okenze2003(m): 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
Oga enitan, pls i have clicked it bt could not understand though on the map i saw africa
Please help. Also is daarsat free on that frquencies and symbol rate
thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2009
@all, pls, i want to know the price of card splitter. Anybody that know it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
@pitodenz

the software that i use to watch multi-tv is the one that want to expire but the HD code is full version, so i need a software that will not expire to watch multi-tv. i have the full version HD code.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by starpryde(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ all and enitan,pls I need info on multi-tv and crtv. I am using a strong receiver with both 2.4m & 90cm dish. can I get it with this stuff.or where in the from was it first discussed. pls help me as soon as possible.Tanx.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ngwakwe: 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2009
@iykeman
Daar Sat has done some modifications in their programs. Delete  11675H 30000 and rescan 11550H 30000 to have modified 30 stations. Almost all free for now.
@All
Muvi tv is not in the mytv banquet rather is with the frequency containing Press tv  and others
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2009
@adewest,
Roger that. I will do as suggested and get back to you if I have more
enquiries.

Concerning that mast, I'm still surprised too why all of a sudden my c band
signals will start dancing ajasco. The mast was there when I installed the
dish and the supermax worked fine up till last two weeks when I started
noticing the fluctuation. Maybe they recently increased the intensity of thier
transmission or something else is causing the signal instability i don't know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2009
@enitan2002,
I didn't know you have ND blood in you oooo! grin So we be brother
self all this while? smiley

@arsenal1,
Ok. I will confirm from pitodenz. If I can lay my hands on the K6 or K7
I'm sure they will be even better than K5.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Congrats on the success of your nilesat installations. Now we
can clink glasess and celebrate! At last those evil forces withholding
signal at your end don bow by force! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ Segunfms What is the full name and version of the software let me see if i can crack it. Does it mean noone has the full version in this forum? @ Arsenal thank u for coming to my rescue once again,i ll order for K7 from lagos immediately cos K5 still dosnt solve all the intefarence problems in some area in ph. @ George Lets not argue if it mtn mast or not. All i know is that it is interfarence from communication equipments. In ph from UST to Mile 4 experience a very big wako jako in their Vertical tps in c band. While anybody leaving behind Presendial Hotel in our Gra found it almost impossible to get a single c band tp steady.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ All: the satbeams site is actually very good for getting bird footprints. location information and alignment information (Long/ Lat, Elevation / Azimuth) and it even recommends dish sizes for within footprint locations. Been using it for the few install done here. But thing is, They dont update their charts as often as lyngsat does, so best practice would be to use them in combination.

@ Segunfms: i only located crack for the v5.x of prgdvb, still working ot it though. I;ll let you know when i get a solution. In the mean time, if you have a very capable video card , try out blazetv when the progdvb expires. I go sha work on evry sha,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 2:42am On Sep 09, 2009
Hi greath people of fta forum, pls what can sombody do to a reciever that died by patch? Altho he stil show like this ----, whenever we just plug it to lite, but is not loading, altho i av once patch it 4 my friend, which he normaly work wella, moreover am alredy scan this patch be4 giving it to people, pls hornorable member help ur boy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 3:18am On Sep 09, 2009
Thanks to all

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.