Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263797 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ all, good things dont last
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
At last i finally worked with a daarsat decoder on wednesday and i am proud to say it is the worst receiver box i've ever worked with i.e to, it aint user friendly at all. I wonder how its gonna be tracking with it, i tracked with my eurostar b4 finally connecting d daarsat box. What i noticed is this, multitv is on mpeg-4 standard definition, that is why our strong and eurostar boxes can be use in tracking such signals. But daar is mpeg-4 high definition, that is why since our normal boxes which aint mpeg-4 nor hd will never detect such signals and cant be use to track too. Some decoders are still mpeg 2 but hd, such boxes can track daar signals too but its only audio u will hear and not video, jst like multitv with strong boxes. Aljazeera +hd is both mpeg2 and hd.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by darqly(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2009
HI. I used to update my starsat decoder to unlock showsports and showmovies with files from najmsat.com.
Haven't gotten new updates in a month, anyone know where else I can get updates for starsat decoder??
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
Be wise lol

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
All

A natural phenomenon known as the "SOLAR OUTAGE" will occur at different time interval with respect to different location. During this period, the sun's energy will affect the satellite signal and cause degradation in service and at most, complete loss of service. This outage occurs for several minutes a day for VSAT remotes.

This means that all VSAT remote sites on each respective network (C-Band/Ku Band) will be affected within the periods mentioned below.

This link, http://www.satellite-calculations.com/SUNcalc/SUNcalc.htm will provide you with details with respect to your specific location.

Cheers,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
@oga twinstaiye-imagine an opportunity 4 multitv 2 get a right 2 show a major league matches live on joysports,,u cant xpect them 2 remain fta in dat situation,,@enitan,,great discovery there man,frm ur post,it is safe 2 say the same 'no video' wil ocur with an mpeg-4 box which isn't hd
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2009
@all, 4 ur infomation, mbc1 is showin man u v totteham tomorrow on w3a
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ boarderline/ ALL
Remember that the Multi TV box has no card reader. If one day they decide to make it pay tv they would hv to replace all those boxes. Some bit of assurance there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by richy100: 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
Can some one help me?
I want to receive a Dutch TV station in Abuja from Astra 4A
details are as follows: Name station: BVN
Astra 4A
Position: 5 degrees east
Transponder 4906
Frequency: 12.605 GHz
Pol. V
SR:29950
Fec : 7/8
Free to Air
System DVN-S
Type: Direct to home band- KU-band

TV station advises Dish size 50-60cm (sea footprint) on
http://www.bvn.nl/ontvangst/afrika-ontvangst-bvn
However, a technician in Abuja advises me to buy 120 cm dish due to weather conditions. Can someone advises me best solution? Does make of dish or quality of dish make a big difference. What's best to buy?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 3:23am On Sep 12, 2009
@RICHY100-FRM D LINK U AV PUT IN UR POST,IT IS VERY HARD 2 MAKE ANYTHING OUT OF D SITE COS ITS IN DUTCH BUT FRM D SYSTEM ENCRYPTION I.E DVN-S,(IF IT ISN'T DVB-S2 U MEANT 2 WRITE),U AV 2 FIND OUT WHICH DECODER CAN DECODE DAT CHANNEL 4 U,AS 4 D DISH SIZE,GETING A LARGER DISH because OF D WEATHER WIL B D BEST 4 U & UNDER PERFECT WEATHER UR SMALLER DISH WUD AV DONE WEL TOO,REMEMBER DSTV'S OLD DISH 2 2DAY'S SMALL TYPE,SO WORK IT OUT WIT UR TECHNICIAN & GUDLUCK
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 4:27am On Sep 12, 2009
@buben am somuch g8fu 4 helpin me yestarday, God bles u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 12, 2009
@ richy, thats one problem we have with our so-called installers, they pass across wrong information. For ur information, that station BVN, is on sirus at 4.8E and its freq is 12605v, 29950 and can be received with 50cm dish and above but not 120cm
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 9:50am On Sep 12, 2009
enitan2002:

Who says one cant watch two different polarisation using a single lnb with a disecq switch? I am, using d switch to a monoblock lnb, am now able to watch different pols on my eurostar and strong boxes. More info later.

Hello all,
I have been waiting for your explanation on how it's posible to watch different polarisation of one LNB at the same time. Even you didn't explain in detail how you use your two decoders for different polarisations.
Am asking this is because I've been facing similar problem. I couldn't access more than one polarity of one LNB at a time.
Here is what I did; I connect the lines coming from the LNBs to the Disq switch, then use signal splitter to each decoders. Please correct me if i make a mistake.
Thanks in Advance
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:51am On Sep 12, 2009
15:30   Hoffenheim vs Bochum (Go Africa, not sure if these are the teams but 1 live match from bundesliga advertised)
17:30   Tottenham H. vs Manchester U. (Go Africa, MBC1)
22:00   Sevilla vs Zaragoza (Go Africa, not sure if these are the teams but 1 live match from La Liga advertised)

I recommend George apply for assistant moderator of TV&Movies here.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 9:53am On Sep 12, 2009
EPL FTA Match Totenham Vs Man Utd
@ETV Ethiopia NSS 703 57W
@TBC Intelsat 906 64E
ETV Ethiopia on Badr 26E won't show Sports Due to Broadcast right issues ,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 11:03am On Sep 12, 2009
@Badr 26E & Nilesat 7W
BundesLiga @ Dubai Sport1&2
Saturday: Bosusia Bortmend Vs Bayrn Muich 13:30 GMT
WolfsB. Vs Leverkusen 13:30
Hamburg Vs Stutgart 16:30
Sunday: Bremen Vs Hannover 13:30 Gmt
FC Cologne Vs Schalke 04 15:30

French @ JSC 1& 2, TV5, Nessma & Abu Dhabi Sport 1
Scottish @ KTV3, Star TV @ intel 906 64E
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2009
Enitan, na wa o! laugh go kill me here ooo God bless u jare Bvn that is on sirus 4 someone above is giving wrong info. @All, pls 4 God sake If u don't have correct info do not misled people.We don't do guess work here, speculators beware! Oga moderator pls do something b4 somebody wil say u can track Nile in Lagos with 90cm using a C-band lnb.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ ola, d poor guy was simply just misled by his installer, not his fault at all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ ola, who told u you cant track nile with 90cm couple with c-band lnb? For someone to have tracked one c-band station with 90cm dish with a fitted c-band lnb, i guess the sky is not the limit but the starting point itself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2009
@all

can i use 1.8 metre dish for this bird Badr 4 at 26.0°E in lagos, plss i want to no. thanks God bless you all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pofolo(m): 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2009
iv bin following since season 2.just got back from uyo. iv got some tp dat showed champions league qualifiers. 12709h4430, 12709h4432, 12606h 29950. was told its etv hyde park 1. track w3a. then move dish to the right standing @ the back of the dish. tho av not tried it. i just want to know d sites to input b4 tracking it. God bless all fta trackers n lovers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ ayu, what u ask required a detailed explanation which am lazy to provide now, very soon u will get to read it.
@ segun, for dish size verification consult lyngsat map.
@ last poster, all those tps are for etv feeds on sirus. U are very correct.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pofolo(m): 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2009
@enitan baba, can i please get all other tps
enitan2002:

@ ayu, what u ask required a detailed explanation which am lazy to provide now, very soon u will get to read it.
@ segun, for dish size verification consult lyngsat map.
@ last poster, all those tps are for etv feeds on sirus. U are very correct.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ folo, the only tp that is available 24-7 is the globecast tp, 12605v, 29950 all others are feed freqs
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2009
@all bayern vrs dortumnd live on go africa w3a
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2009
@Paps1
when did go Africa move from NSS 7 to W3A
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2009
@zenus it has been there for sometime now.just dat it sometimes start transmission in the afternoon.this one is in Gabon
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2009
@paps1, pls write out the frequency of go africa on w3a. God bless
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2009
11104h 3792 Go africa on w3a
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2009
borderline:

@EMERITUS-BELIEVE ME,I DONT MEAN 2 SPOIL D FUN OF MULTITV FANS BUT LET ME TAKE YOU DOWN D MEMORY LANE 2 LET U KNOW A FEW OF MULTITV DÉJÅVU,,LIM AFRICA(NOW SETANTA ON MYTV PACKAGE)USED TO SAY '24hrs 7days,FTA'IN THEIR ADVERT 4 3MONTHS IN 07,CFI,NOLLYWOOD TRENDTV,WERE ALL FTA 4 AT LEAST 2MONTHS,,SO IT IS A SURE THING DAT A PAY-TV WIL SOON SNAP-UP MULTITV INTO A PACKAGE,,SO U AV 2 ENJOY IT WHILE IT LAST,,NOT EVRY SWIT THING LAST LONG

@borderline,
Without meaning to be rude, I think you should keep your persimistic views about multi-tv to yourself. Just because you asked for info about afnex on AB3, and everybody was too busy with multi-tv to reply, you come back shouting wolf about multi-tv going pay-tv?

You have not even tracked astra 2b yet not to talk of daarsat and instead of being humble enough to wait for replies from learned members, you think you can attract attention by this unfounded statements about multi-tv?

Is this how you want to learn FTA? You think this is the best way to go about it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by richy100: 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2009
Enitan, Thanks for advise. PLease look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_4A
I read:

TV signals are broadcast with signals levels on the ground (EIRP) of up to 50dBW, receivable with a 60 cm dish. The minimum signal level across almost all of mainland sub-Saharan Africa is 44dBW, requiring a 120 cm dish[2].
What do you make out ot this? 60 cm or 120cm? The informationa is a bit confusing.

Best way, I gues, is to try out and I am looking for a company or someone in Abuja that has its own facilities to do so.

Other info says:
http://www.ses-astra.com/business/en/satellite-fleet/satellite-list/astra4a/index.php
ASTRA 4A
ASTRA 4A* is located at 5° East, ASTRA's position for Direct-to-Home broadcasting to sub-Saharan Africa. ASTRA 4A provides DTH coverage to multiple African markets with a dedicated Ku-band beam from a single orbital position - which eliminates the need for dual-illumination from separate beams. ASTRA 4A offers uplink and downlink within the African footprint, and also inter-connectivity between Africa and Europe: DTH broadcasting out of Europe is available without the need for expensive fibre links.

* ASTRA 4A is the designation of "FSS Africa" capacity on the SIRIUS 4 satellite
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ayu,
I think they meant to say sirius 4 and not astra 4a. Both satellites complement
each other on the african beam as you can see from the write up above.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.