Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263798 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 5:22am On Sep 11, 2009
@enitan,

Kindly send me the electronic compass, i use Nokia 6300.  My email address is sinewyconst@yahoo.com.  If you can send it today or early enough, i would appreciate it and also if you have the working tp of yhello, kiindly add that.

Is nice to know that you are from the same place as me - Benin.

@all, i am trying to use an RS 232 cable to patch an echolink 3020 decorder, when i cut open the cable, i met ten coloured cables instead of nine coloured and i one naked cable, so now my problem is which colour is suppose to be the naked cable, has anybody experienced this before?

Then another obvious question that i might be missing the answer for one reason or the other, George_D take note, which satellite can i get CNN on C-band?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 6:17am On Sep 11, 2009
@cont6. take a look at part one of the forum, especially question and answer part , you will find the answer on how to make rs232 cable ,you will egually see the wire and and its diagram. again cnn is on 22"w and you can use this frequency 3931 v 25000, and if you blind scan you will see a whole lot more , goodluck sir
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2009
@all, i want info about this sirus4, i want to track it today. I have the transponder which is 12605v 29950. IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE 65CM DISH. Help pls!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Biezle(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2009
It seems as if this site has become a place 4 those who have Strong decoder and u guys are not ready to help
those with other decoder like me i use my FSTV decoder for 22w it was good at first but now all the stations ve left NSS7 and now i ve TV5,Afrca24,and Direct8 all french and news,im now on 36E same as DSTV but nothing except srambled bouquet of DSTV TRENDTV $HITV ,no single free station please help me with frequencies for this position.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2009
@const6
Check FAQ thread submitted by baba-egun for rs 232 cable.

@isu-ata
You welcome. Welcome to FTA world

@adewest
That explains it then, with my 2.4M dish, 10930, 10911, 10775 and 10719 all housing channels like ESPN, Euronews, Nickelodeon and Press tv came out perfectly yesterday night without cracking.  I will check your frequencies when I get home.
@ biezie
If you know how to input satellite and frequency on your FSTV decoder, you can get all frequencies of any satellite you need at www.lyngsat.com
@emeritus
Yes, you can get Astra2 frequencies in this link - http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2b.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 9:57am On Sep 11, 2009
@twinstaye, gudday my bro, what i want to know is that, is it possible to use 65cm dish 4 sirus4?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2009
@ adewest
How are you hope you are fine? please can you help me with the aljazeera +1,+2,+3 and so on frequency,
@ Goerge D
I appreciate your response, I changed a strong decoder yesterday for a friend and it did came up with the strong lnb, may be its the fuji cos i ve tried without succeess to use it to get nile to no avail , maybe I am not doing something right, ihopeto change it with the daarsat lnb i was given when i bought their equipment.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2009
is multi-tv and CRTV free
can i receive it with Strong decoded?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 10:31am On Sep 11, 2009
does one need to use multi tv decorded to view these channels
if so, how can one get the decoded. im staying in calabar
how much does it cost and can it be use for FTA?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 10:36am On Sep 11, 2009
@zenus, we hv said it times without number that both multitv and crtv nt that of cameron are free to view satellite. Both are on the same orbit but u cannot use ur strong decoder to view multitv. Only u can use it for crown royal tv. Instead u by hd decoder that is mpeg4 which is in the property of daarsat decoder. Hope u're satisfy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 10:52am On Sep 11, 2009
Thanks for quick response

In that case, I need daarsat decoder and dish.
My location is calabar
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 11:02am On Sep 11, 2009
CAN SOM1 TEL ME WAT IS GOIN ON HERE? I HAVE POSTED STH 4 2 DAYS ON D LOSS OF SIGNAL OF AFNEX ON ALT.BIRD 3 &NO 1 HAS DEEMD IT FIT 2 SAY STH,, ENITAN,PITODENZ,ARSENAL1,USHER,EVRY1, WHERE UNA DEY? I ALSO NEED CONFIRMATN ON D ISSUE OF WHETHER OR NOT 1 CAN USE A STRONG DECODER 2 NAIL MULTITV/CRTV/DAARSAT CHANNELS, DIS FORUM IS KNOWN 4 EXCHANGE OF IDEAS, LETS KEEP IT DAT WAY,,WAITING 4 UR REPLIES
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2009
olatilor, i dey ur end by tommorw sah===akure ,and ilesha.hw u dey ,oga army,na small talk na 4 wise man .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2009
@all
i saw this channel "Midnight TV" on the list channel for multi-tv on www.lyngsat.com. i want to know maybe mult-tv done add this channel to there channel list?.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
Emeritus153:

@twinstaye, gudday my bro, what i want to know is that, is it possible to use 65cm dish 4 sirus4?
Simple calculations you can do yourself if only you click the link i gave you and click on Nigeria under the column of 'beam' which will give you this link http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/astra2b_nigeria.html  Thereafter check the EIRP of nigeria on the map at the top which is 53, check 50> (i.e 50 above) on the table on the right and see the dish size that is applicable to it,  which is 50cm.
With this simple calculation, you and I now know whether 65cm dish can be use to track astra2b or not.
Truth is, if you dont research into some of this, you wont get their knowledge.

@segunfms
midnight TV as the name suggest is only for midnight. It replace JOY News as from 12.30am nigerian time grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
Borderline, for your information answering of question by members of this forum is not a right but a priviledge. As for afnex saw it 2days ago. Now to answer your 2nd question, It shows that u don't read past questions and answers go back a few pages u will get it there. gd luck
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
const6:

Then another obvious question that i might be missing the answer for one reason or the other, George_D take note, which satellite can i get CNN on C-band?

@const6,
I'm sure you have gotten the answer to your question. CNN is on NSS7 @22W. Use this
tp: 3931 H, 25000 SR. When you scan, you will see up to 4 cnn channels come up. The
one titled CNN-AOR COMMON is what you're looking for. Dish size 1.8m and above.
Remember to put in your dielectric plate in the lnb feedhorn or throat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
@zenus,
Why repeating questions already treated in recent past?

@osef,
Forget about that fuji lnb. You don't need it to track daarsat signals.
It's like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly when you use fuji lnb for DTH beams.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2009
multidigibox now in alaba, price 22k
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
nailed daarsat with my 6ocm pan last week.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sikadicius: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
HI- can you forward me the software you used for your DVB-S card - I am so interested - my email is netwiz4real@gmail.com. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you. Keep enjoying the forum
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
emeystan:

multidigibox now in alaba, price 22k
I think Daar Sat is much better both in pricing and mode of reception. Daar decoder is higher than multitv. With Daar Sat you can receive both MultiTv and Daar Sat but cannot do so using MultiTv digibox.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sikadicius: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ Dapowales - HI- can you forward me the software you used for your DVB-S card - I am so interested - my email is netwiz4real@gmail.com. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you. Keep enjoying the forum
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2009
@EMERITUS-UR REPLY 2 ZENUS CAME IN AS I WAS POSTING ON D SAME STUF,THANKS,NOW I THINK I WIL HAV 2 DITCH D MULTITV BOX 4 DAARSATHD SINCE IT IS SURE MULTITV WIL SOON BE A PAYTV,@OLASON-THANKS 4 D REPLY,D INFORMATION & I HOPE WE ALL CONTINUE TO ENJOY 'PRIVILEDGES'IN DIS FORUM
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
Hi my people, pls somebody should come & rescue me, by givin me daarsat workin frequency, pls i want to nail it down tonite with my oshasha tearlylon daarsat box
@ekonibaje what did u say? are u comin to Akure? If yes man let me no
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2009
@Olatiler,
For DaarSat frequency you can use 11552 H, tp - 75., and 11675 H, TP 78

SR-FEC - 30000-3/4
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2009
@borderline, how do u come across the news that multitv will soon become a paytv. On their advert and on their website they keep saying that no subscription forever.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by OhGrey(m): 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
@all. Am new to this here forum and I dare say am glad at wot u guys are doing, keep it up.

@gansta101
my guy from ya post I see you are intrested PVR functions for decoder. My question is there a way I can use any strong decoder to achieve PVR functions on my DSTV. Tanx
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2009
@ all,

Showtime Arabia and Al Jazeera Sports team up to bring the best international football action to Middle East fans:

see link here:http://www.ameinfo.com/93962.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2009
@EMERITUS-BELIEVE ME,I DONT MEAN 2 SPOIL D FUN OF MULTITV FANS BUT LET ME TAKE YOU DOWN D MEMORY LANE 2 LET U KNOW A FEW OF MULTITV DÉJÅVU,,LIM AFRICA(NOW SETANTA ON MYTV PACKAGE)USED TO SAY '24hrs 7days,FTA'IN THEIR ADVERT 4 3MONTHS IN 07,CFI,NOLLYWOOD TRENDTV,WERE ALL FTA 4 AT LEAST 2MONTHS,,SO IT IS A SURE THING DAT A PAY-TV WIL SOON SNAP-UP MULTITV INTO A PACKAGE,,SO U AV 2 ENJOY IT WHILE IT LAST,,NOT EVRY SWIT THING LAST LONG
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
You probably dont own a multi tv, cos if you do, you wont be comparing them with trendtv, multi tv keeps saying it that it is free forever.  Would they be saying that knowing fully well they are deceiving lots of people. I dont think so.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2009
borderline:

@EMERITUS-BELIEVE ME,I DONT MEAN 2 SPOIL D FUN OF MULTITV FANS BUT LET ME TAKE YOU DOWN D MEMORY LANE 2 LET U KNOW A FEW OF MULTITV DÉJÅVU,,LIM AFRICA(NOW SETANTA ON MYTV PACKAGE)USED TO SAY '24hrs 7days,FTA'IN THEIR ADVERT 4 3MONTHS IN 07,CFI,NOLLYWOOD TRENDTV,WERE ALL FTA 4 AT LEAST 2MONTHS,,SO IT IS A SURE THING DAT A PAY-TV WIL SOON SNAP-UP MULTITV INTO A PACKAGE,,SO U AV 2 ENJOY IT WHILE IT LAST,,NOT EVRY SWIT THING LAST LONG

I can say for sure that Multy Tv will be free (At least from what i heard from them today). But the other thing is that, everyone in business will jump to any opportunity to maximize returns. I will therefore not be surprised if it becomes a PAY TV in some months to come.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.