Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,745 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:34 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (264100 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ennytan, pls hr's my numb.07069650832
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mbapelvis: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2009
Sirs I yesterday I could get Sirius4 on the West direction somthing that amazed me since normally it is East. My quetion is does this apply to all other East directions like Astra2b and w3a? Please don't mind my untechnological language. I'm just a novice. thanks in great anticipation
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ litaninja,na wao,should i go for the dvb s pci or usb.which of these is simpler to install and use? And remember i told u i use desktop computer. Can we meet somewhere around lagos so that we can discuss more?reply me please.thanks ninja
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mbapelvis: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2009
Please can someone help me with the question i just posted?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ItGeek(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
hello all,

my name is Chuks and i stay in Jos Plateau State. I just started following this thread for the first time, i have a strong decoder, 1.8m dish and 90cm dish, i can get the channels on nilesat, can someone put me through on how to get a patch that can unlock some of the scrambled channels and how to install it. you can reach me @ chukkyngene@yahoo.com. You guys are the best.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Spaceman,
Wanty to appreciate him for responding to my distrees call over the week end where he tutored me more abeg biko the guy na lecturer ooooo How good at least to be seeing fellow nairalander that stays around at least to share things ideas together. even though we dont have millions to give we can offer help that goes a long way for our selves. In fact I am highly elated and happy to see him. Pls dont forget to come again this week end as we arrange. appreciate you !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fellow NAiralanders around let us find ourselves is good !
In case, you need the software for the compass mobile pls get in touch with me
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2009
@badaru,
I'm releived to hear that the STRONG K5 is just as good as supermax. That means
what pitodenz said was correct. I will comfirm that on my own when I get to town.

@enitan,
The closeness to the mast is the issue. From my picture above you can imagine just
how close the MTN mast is to our house.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
mbapelvis:

Sirs I yesterday I could get Sirius4 on the West direction somthing that amazed me since normally it is East. My quetion is does this apply to all other East directions like Astra2b and w3a? Please don't mind my untechnological language. I'm just a novice. thanks in great anticipation

@mbapelvis,
I think Dejsam said something similar to this your experience some time ago.
Please be patient. He's in a better position to explain things to you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mbapelvis: 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
George D please can you help me with the answer of the quetion I just posted? God Bless you
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2009
ItGeek:

hello all,

my name is Chuks and i stay in Jos Plateau State. I just started following this thread for the first time, i have a strong decoder, 1.8m dish and 90cm dish, i can get the channels on nilesat, can someone put me through on how to get a patch that can unlock some of the scrambled channels and how to install it. you can reach me @ chukkyngene@yahoo.com. You guys are the best.

@ItGeek,
We don't distribute patches here but if you search properly on the internet there are
many sites where you can download them. Goodluck and happy searching.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ mba, kindly tender ur question again.
@ george, i see no better way in response than u just did.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2009
hi guys , una well done ooooo,
 i have not been able to make  new posts ever since my lappy packed up and d  recent behaviour of opera mini is not helping matters at all, since it used to be my alternative,well i am in a cafe close by which serves as a third alternative.
Greetings, it seems these pay tvs no want make we enjoy , could u imagine  mytv acquiring the new channel on intelsat 68 east, Muvi tv , the are planning to have it as part of there bouquet infact they have  concluded arrangements to have it  encrypted.
You can also get  Nta international and Nta lagos on intelsat 905 @24 w on these freq 4111L  sr 5750 actually that freq is for ortm mali, simply do a blind scanning and Nta would appear Ciao
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2009
@olatufu

i dont think you can get dvb-s pci at computer village you can only get the dvb-s usb box and its ok for both desktop and laptop, so go and get it the price is N6,500. i am using it too and its ok and works well for my multi-tv and crtv with good picture quality.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2009
@chuk101,
Sorry about your laptop. It is well. I hope you succeed in getting a better one soon.
About these shylock paytvs, they all have one thing in common which is to try and
deny us access to good stations. They think by acquiring any new station that comes
on the scene people will be forced to rush and subscribe. MYTV is especially fond of
this. They did it with NTA+ and France 24 two years ago. Also with Arsenal TV.
Now they're on to MUVI. They are only joking because the more they try to aquire,
the more we'll discover better stations on other birds they cannot touch!

Roll on Multi-tv! Free for life! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2009
@all

I need a crack for my progdvb professional 6.20 software that i use to watch multi-tv the software is about to expire in the next 18 days , anyone with the crack can send it to my mail box segun_integrity@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Olatufu: Well, its all a matter of preference, requirements and what you have available. The pci could possibly be an option if you sorely use a desktop pc (maybe an HTPC or dedicated server to stream around a small network). It should have more power and stability. But the usb has the advantage of small size, portability and can be an option if you use a laptop as your workstation. So its all a matter of choice. For me though, I'll rather use the usb cuz na lappy i dey use pass now and i alternate between about 3 - 4 systems in the house,

@Segunfms: CNN news can sweet o! Especially when free from multitv. How was work today? I never get that code yet, but when i do i'll let you know. Also, the HD pack i have here keep telling me that its expired, i had to find another one to use. All good though.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ segun, an honorable member in the person of bodejohn posted a link to where such patch could be found some days ago, try look for that and u will never remain the same.
Where on earth is our UK link ENIGMA, this why i dey clamour for people to leave their phone contacts, tox9ja where u too? Chuk, welcome bak, get opera 4.2, wil send d cheatcode to u so that we'll no longer miss u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ all,I need to know if card spliter can work on dstv card. thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ usher, dnt u read from the last post u made? Am pissd off.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ALL-MY, O, MY, ,dat sums up d feelin 2 be back here,no thanks 2 d bad YFserver,@chuks101,d nta feed didnt com up on d ortm bird,frm wat i ear,NTA ar stil relocatn their sat 2 a new bird wit a different tp,pls confirm frm ur end if u ar stil recievin it, i'v got som NTA FREAKS HERE IN-HOUSE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2009
Quote from:Quote from: mbapelvis on Today at 05:40:37 PM
Sirs I yesterday I could get Sirius4 on the West direction somthing that amazed me since normally it is East. My quetion is does this apply to all other East directions like Astra2b and w3a? Please don't mind my untechnological language. I'm just a novice. thanks in great anticipation on Today at 05:40:37 PM

@ mbapelvis.
Could you state you location/ town and possibly the channels on that sirius including the type of dish in use. With this ur question can easily be tackle.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2009
enitan, by now u should know dat it is not evry info that can b passed on an open forum like this. meet me at d barkyard.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
Oga Badaru, any better as per the Skylife Hd machine c, d?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ ola, i don call u tire for dis nite,u no gree pick up. Has madam rung the closing bell 4 external interference by then? How my little angelo too, her teeth go don reach 16 by now?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 12:27am On Sep 08, 2009
@Enitan 2002: I dont know what the problem is. I downladed the codec linked there. But during installation i get a message that the trial for the codec is expired and i havent been able to located the keys. Can you please confirm if your copy does not have this problem and possibly put the codec up on another link. Tanx
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 1:02am On Sep 08, 2009
Hello everybody,please i need an urgent help on how to watch multi tv channel, my strong decoder is not helpin matter, can one get multi tv decoder in nigeria? How much is it if yes? Whr to get it? I live at ibadan. What othr free to air stations can be seen on this direction. Hoping to hear a swift reply 4rm u all. I Need a daarsat decoder in ibadan? How much is it. Was told i can use it for viewin multi tv channel. I use a 60cm dish,what other tp's can b seen on multi tv direction? Thanks Cos i always believe in these forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mbapelvis: 1:08am On Sep 08, 2009
@ adewest I live in the South West Region of Cameroon. I was actually able to track Sirius 4 on West although I didnot bother tracking it on East. This time it is not 7°. Its about 30-34° . As you asked, the channels I had were the likes of Stv1, Aljazeera,BVN,Free2view etc.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mbapelvis: 1:15am On Sep 08, 2009
@ adewest Sorry for not telling you my dish size. It is a 60cm dish. Have all the best moments.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 4:28am On Sep 08, 2009
enitan2002:

@ usher, dnt u read from the last post u made? Am pissd off.

I searched the forum for my reply didn't see any.now you are here tell me you are pissed off.I am too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 4:41am On Sep 08, 2009
@ Enitan 2002, you don't have to be angry.have you heard song that say, some have food but can't eat,some can eat but have no food.take it this way that I have eye but can't see.Thanks very much but how can I know the original?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 08, 2009
@ mbapelvis, in my past writeup that discussed to a great length of satellite location. I said then that those degrees correspond to the longitude they are placed above the equator in space, if u re to check the coordinates of ur location u are more than 7E, am very certain of that. So if ur coordinates is taken to be the reference point, 7E will be to the west. Another example is to take the issue of brazil, 22w nss7 can be gotten there too, but if brazil coordinates is to be taken as reference, that 22w will be gotten in the east side. The reason we especially in lagos dont notice the difference is because we are close to 0 degree, it is people in ghana or uk that have a reference of coordinates very close to even the same as 0 degree that wont see any difference. Did u get that?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 08, 2009
@ usher, so glad u accepted the responsibility of not taking note of the reply. Your question- how can one know the original? Do we still have original products in the market at all? I guesr not. Most are sheenkhos, so just get anyone that will be able to work, and make sure u get a warranty on it after purchase.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.