Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,415 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:02 PM

Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude (53844 Views)

Meet Laye Ajube And Her 8 Sons And 2 Daughters (Pictured) / Mother Had Sex With Her Teen Daughter’s Husband / Kenyan Lady Sleeps With Her Best Friend's Husband, Sends Him Nudes, Gets Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by mekaboy(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Can they speak igbo?

3 Likes

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Damalex4luv(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by donkas: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2015
Nice one...
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by haryomikun(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Nothing new nahh
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by ronald4lif(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2015
cnwokike:
Igbo kwenu. We are not like some people that will stay in the UK and be sending hate messages about other tribes in Nigeria.

We believe in hard work.

You got it all wrong man. The Yoruba have been sending their wards to Nigeria for a very long time and they're way involve in this act than every other tribe in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by nwaimoroseyaho: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2015
Great man. You didn't forget your little beginning. unlike some people that call Nigeria a zoo.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Bollinger(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2015
gimakon:
Ibo man and morals, God bless the ibo race. #proudlyibo.

The guy better tread carefully. The american govt does not play with it's citizens, especially children. They don't even recognize dual citizenship so if the kids were to complain, the question would be asked that why are they in Nigeria in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Excellentmind: 11:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Yes, our culture must be preserved.

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by ronald4lif(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Bollinger:

The guy better tread carefully. The american govt does not play with it's citizens, especially children. They don't even recognize dual citizenship so if the kids were to complain, the question would be asked that why are they in Nigeria in the first place.

U.S. doesn't recognise dual nationality?

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by skullbaba: 11:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmm. What can I say, I always belief there is nothing like universal culture but there is a supreme culture call nature. Aside from the culture of nature, there is always going to be competition among culture. Moreso learning from a non-working system (Nigeria) did not means gratitute, gratitute to me is giving what you have in abundance to those that don't have not giving it up or experiencing it
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by phienixboss(m): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2015
Wise decision.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by othenok(f): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2015
And this made front page because? Mea mater is a school for the very rich, so these kids are yet to live Nigeria in reality. Half of the kids in the school are US born returnees so they are still mingling with kids with similar background, nothing is going to change. I know cos I have "returnee" nephews there. Absolutely nothing have changed in them.

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2015
Nice!

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by iffydave: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Cool ....... no place like HOME

Meanwhile in other news, someone sent her children into.................

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Excellentmind: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2015
Bollinger:

Not everyone in Nigeria is ready exchange his value systems for those of the white.

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by ruggedtimi(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2015
i had so mny in my secondary...not new
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by kestolove95(m): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2015
Dey will kidnap dem o
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Bollinger(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

U.S. doesn't recognise dual nationality?

Technically no. Because the day you get your citizenship you swear to denounce whatever nationality you once had.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Koolking(m): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Anywhere you live comfortably is home. It does not matter where you want your kids to learn ethics. As parents, we have all it takes to mold our children to who we want them to be, irrespective of where you resides.

3 Likes

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Bollinger(m): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Excellentmind:

Not everyone in Nigeria is ready exchange his value systems for those of the white.

I'm just saying if the guy likes his freedom in the US, he might want to tread carefully. I don't believe the story anyway.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 13, 2015
They should just steer clear of Biafra people o, this is Nigeria and not Biafra.

Biafra is scam, Biafra is a witch hunt,a mess, a distraction. I know you guys are from the area where this evil is preached, please don't associate with them, the leaders of tomorrow are exceptional we bank on you.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2015
Stark difference. We typically send our young people back when they're getting into trouble, or acting out to the point their parents can no longer control them. Its called "Dhaqan Celis", which roughly translates to "Return to Culture".

Because culture stifles young rebellion? Yeah, I'm a skeptic.

2 Likes

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by IamOpemipo(m): 11:12am On Aug 13, 2015
cnwokike:
Igbo kwenu. We are not like some people that will stay in the UK and be sending hate messages about other tribes in Nigeria.

We believe in hard work.

grin try harder
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by NICOGRAVITY: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2015
This will mark a very land mark in their teenage life and there after.
Surely, they will make new friends, speak new language, be street wise and learn how to survive in the jungle.
This experience is next to none.
I think I will do same for my children.

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by fredleo95(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2015
OK

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by dandollaz: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2015
Bugatie:
He better send them to the village where dey go fetch firewood and stream water
water is difficult to get in enugu meanwhile they where in boarding school.alot of parent does so to make there children to be tough and strong in future.alot was brought in my school i remember when sen chukwumerije brough his son to my school,the use to call him milk boy after one term the boy bacame sharp as snake.

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by coolzeal(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2015
I recalled in my high school days. A guy named Chris, was sent to Nigeria from USA by his parents to continue his secondary education so he will learn the moral ways of life. My culture is my pride.

1 Like

Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by ronald4lif(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2015
Bollinger:

Technically no. Because the day you get your citizenship you swear to denounce whatever nationality you once had.

Oh I see. But the oath of allegiance doesn't invalidate a naturalized citizen nationality of their home country. If such laws are in place then it means it's not being enforced or the State doesn't regard it as there are millions of U.S. citizens with dual nationality.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by arsetalks(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2015
Bugatie:
He better send them to the village where dey go fetch firewood and stream water
he did but you won't know as you didn't bother reading article. Time to send you to professor Wole Soyinka maybe you leave to read and not fight for first to comment.

Cheeky fact.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by RobinHez(m): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Awwnn...this brought tears to my eyes (well literally tongue)
I'll do this for my kids when we relocate to the UK.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by 99set: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Am very happy & proud to be a nairalander.
Re: Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude by RobinHez(m): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
Interesting. Many Nigerians have been doing this especially the Yoruba. It's very important in shaping up kids lives as they tend to learn the Nigerian culture and the harsh side of life. I commend their father for taking up the initiative of sending the kids to Nigeria.

But Mea Mater Elizabeth school is one of the best in Enugu. Why not ajekpako college like St. Patrick Emene or Nike Grammar school Abakpa where they'd learn the tough life the proper way lol.
They'd be BADLY influenced wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! I Just Got My Colleague At Work Pregnant / How I Felt Reading Messages Between My Husband And His Mistress - Lady / I Broke Up With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.